Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yuffie

Velacia RP - RP Thread

Rablede mentally cursed the other people. They seem insistent to continue this pointless discussion. This is really ridiculous, Rabelde grumbled silently, tired of being ignored. Pulling the halberd that hung on his back and wildly hacking a nearby tree with it in frustration, he repeated, "I'm going to the caves" and, this time, not bothering to wait for anyone else to react, he dived into the shadows silhouetting the forest floor. His form blending with the blackness, he slipped off, unseen and unheard by normal senses.

Gabriel was watching everyone giving their opinions. The leader even had brought herself and give them to choose their own path. As the others were making up their mind, there're still some doubtful informations about those paths where they might first separate. Thinking down to himself, Gabriel noticed a guy kept rolling his eyes and looked a bit impatient. Though, the guy that wield a cross blade had made up his mind; he decided to have the cave and which, he seemed that kind of guy, rushing. Moreoverly to think, even if the cave is really danger--

Death was leaped before he turned into a normal stick without blade like his former shape.

We must hurry.

Gabriel's mind was warped and he started to run with Death in his grip diagonally to his back.

------

The guy earlier pulling something hung on his back and wildly hacking a nearby tree with it in frustration, he repeated, "I'm going to the caves" and, this time, not bothering to wait for anyone else to react, he dived into the shadows silhouetting the forest floor. His form blending with the blackness, he slipped off, unseen and unheard.

'I can see his back. We're coming' a firm voice.

'No. We need to think about this. Dealing with spirits nor undead is not easy.' a matured female voice said.

'I got the purpose. We'll go.'

---

Gabriel which was brought under Death, recalled what happened.

'Gabriel!' Arch called out.

"It's okay. We're going to follow him. Even if I keep thinking, I might cannot make my mind."

'But..'

"We don't know how to deal with spirits or anything bout the cave either. At least, we got caves which are plenty room to move compared with some cramped tower in other hand. Also, like I've mentioned, we best move as team."

((P.S: those voices are Arch and Death arguing. They both Gabriel's partner))

"No one can think of a way to destroy spirits... and you say you can find a way through the cave?" She asked the seer, or whatever she was.

"We might as well go through the caves. Unless you can think of a way to kill the spirits?" Nova asked the vampire.

This discussion was taking a long time. There were undead to slaughter! She turned to the corpses, and tried to light them on fire. She focused with all of her will power and finally got them to ignite. They started to burn.

"We've got to go. And we're going to get hungry on the way. Unless, of course, we all become undead." she said impatiently. She tapped her foot and waited. She laughed darkly. She felt kind of like a noble. She disgusted herself.

Nathan wasn't going to give any opinion, as he didn't know anything about the area, but when the civilians abandoned the group, he sighted.

All the teaching books (rule your kingdom in 10 step, being a prince for dummies, from frog to king and how to be a kick-ass ruler) where clear:

"in case a civilian, poor or rich, young or old, is in danger, you should in any case form a rescue party, if the situation is safe"

The situation wasn't safe anyway, so he had no choice to insist to save them.

"We better go after those deserters, they will die if they are alone, and we need a full party anyways, besides it's all in 'the book'"

--------------------------------------------------

@shadow: sorry, but i have no clue what is happening in you posts, because of the many voices, could you use other fonts or bold and italics to make clear who is saying what? that would help a lot. Thank you ^^

"Everyone else go through the caves. I'm going my way. Even if you do make it through the caves, and there's no guarantee you will, you still have a dozen more problems. I guess I'll see you all at the citadel. I hope that none of you will be undead by then." Elli gathered up her soul map and returned it to her heart, then reached into the pile of burning corpses. She brought from the fire a single decomposed soul. "Well, it's better than nothing. This one must be about five years old."

Draping the soul around her shoulders like a scarf, Elli set off in the direction of the Steps, wondering whether anyone would follow her. It didn't matter. She was perfectly capable. But company would be nice...

A zombie suddenly leaped out of the trees and Elli shrieked, dropping her basket. She grabbed the soul from around her shoulders and flashed it at the zombie. She then wrapped it around the thing's head, ripping the head off of the body. Elli let the gauzy soul-scarf drift down upon the zombie and with a tilt of her head it burst into flame. Elli picked up her basket, brought up her hood, and continued on her way. Two souls flew after her as she called back to Nova: "Oh, I can kill spirits."

((They are souls left behind. In my world, souls stay with the body even after death, at least for a while. Because of Elli's powers, souls have to be looked at as something real and tangible. Therefore, the soul wanes the longer it is not with a living body. Elli takes ragged souls from two zombies that have been dead less than ten years, when the soul is gone completely. With vampires, their souls simply wane about halfway, because vampires are in a state of sort of half-death. So that's how souls work in this RP. XD))

((Looks like the thread starter (Yuffie) should have given an exact definition of undead and zombies, or everyone'll have different ideas about it))

Rabelde emerged from the shadows as he reached the cave entrance. He glanced behind and saw only forests. Oh well, he didn't expect the others to really follow him anyway.

Rummaging his robe pockets he drew a piece of rock with symbols written on it- a light rune. Chanting something, the rune emitted a dazzling bright light.

It was a strange, yet wonderful feeling, activating that rune. Rabelde, for the first time, realized that despite his initial disgust, he felt completely at ease using those "exorcising equipment", as he called it. It was as if using such items were something natural for him.

His wonder was suddenly cut off when a group of zombies, appearing from the cave suddenly lunged at him.

"Whoa!" Rabelde yelled at leaped back to avoid the attack, but not before one of the zombies scratched his right shoulder blade, inflicting a deep gash. Wincing at the pain, he lost his balance, slipped and fell, dropping his rune. The undeads shambled closer, and Rabelde only managed to, clumsily, get up when the creatures had reached a distance of only a few inches away from him, arms outstretched. Knowing that, at such distance, it is too late to use his pole arm or cross blade, he swiftly pulled out his pistol from underneath his robes and open fire. Not an experienced gunner, Rabelde failed to kill the monsters at once, but it managed to hold them of and they staggered backwards. Using this momentum, Rabelde drew his poisoned halberd and swung the weapon. The creatures in front of him moaned as their form collapsed into a pile of rotten flesh.

Clutching his wounded shoulder, Rabelde bent down to pick up his rune and stared into the cave, ready to enter

Taemin blinked in surprise--everyone was running in every which direction. Splitting up was one thing he was not thinking was a brilliant idea, but no one could agree on what to do--the mage with the holy weapons went toward the caves, and the vampire girl ran off toward the steps. Of course, he was still slightly dizzy from spinning for as long as he had been--normally he didn't have to spin for quite that long.

"Personally," he said softly to whoever happened to be paying attention, realizing it was the first time he'd spoken to anyone except Yani, "I think we should stay in groups--even if there are two groups, splitting up and going alone sounds like an excellent way to get killed." He glanced around at his remaining companions. "I don't really care which way we go--seriously, it's between a rock and a hard place, so does it really matter?" He took a deep breath. "I'm not fond of the idea of going on Steps, if only because uneven ground is near impossible to dance on, which would make me practically useless. Aside that, if we were attacked from above, the attacker would have the advantage. If we were cornered, we'd probably all fall to our deaths." He paused again. "But the caves will be equally dangerous--we can hide in the shadows, but so can whatever's in there. And whatever's in there probably has Darkvision. Or Infravision, which would be even worse. And there's the ever-present "getting lost" problem. Case and point, it doesn't matter which way we go, just as long as we go somewhere soon, because staying here is a bad idea." He was quiet again. "Just my two copper pieces worth of input."

He turned to the princely figure. "And out of curiosity, what is this "book" of which you speak?"

((@yannes(Prince Nathan):

In short, Gabriel was following Rabelde(which he decided with the cave).

Voices: Arch=female, Death=make. Those things also can affect/be another personality. They argue alot, but i think whichever the speaker, the most important is that you got their coversation. And sorry, i refuse to use italic or bold because i'm too lazy to.))

((seems that i lost again...))

Gabriel kept following that mage as Death showing him the way. It's hard for him to detect him, which meant that he was an experienced mage, especially with seeping into shadows. But soon afterward the presence gone all of sudden, leaving Gabriel at his remaining legs. "He really is that fast, huh?" Gabriel complained. He tried to remember what did the territory look like as what the pale girl chanted earlier. Observing his surround, he noticed that he's in the deep forest. No footpath afterall, since he had been following him into shadows. "Geez, maybe following these shadows may help?" Gabriel muttered and he started to follow the shady trees.

Then he kept walking and was sweating all over, he finally found the mage, standing near the cave entrance. There were some rotten up zombies piled up near the guy that apparently was wielding his blade. But unfortunately, he seemed injured, though. Gabriel watched him picked something shiny, then started to step into the cave. Not wanting to be left again, he called out to him between his breath.

"Wait!"

((EDITED: due to Rabele's post edit))

Leyla stood up, brushing the dirt off her knees.

"The dancer has a point." She wished she had introduced herself to the group before now, as she didn't know most of her companions names. Still, that could be done a bit later. "I suggest that both I and the Venos Hae daughter go in separate groups, as we both have a knowledge of necromancy. The dancer would be better off in the cave, for the ground might be smoother there.

"I can cast to help find a way through the cave, which means that, you, Venos Hae daughter, should follow the lady vampire. Two of our group have gone already to the caves, one of which is a mage. Both the dancer and I wield magic, so anyone else with magic should go with also go to the steps.

"Our groups will be uneven, but I think if the Knight also goes to the steps, we will have balanced out our powers the best we can at this time."

As she was speaking, she took her staff out of its place on her belt. It was quite tall, tall enough that she used it as a walking stick. She liked her tools to do double (or triple) duty.

"But I do think those of us going to the caves will have to hurry soon, so the ones who went ahead will not be too far."

((I didn't include Indra, as she said she was leaving.

Also, about the zombies, how about some forms of necromancy just re-animates the body, while others force the soul back into the body to control it? It covers both bases.))

Rabelde halted his steps when he heard a voice from behind calling "Wait!"

The voice sounded quite out of breath, and, as Rabelde had expected, the newcomer arrived all sweating moment later.

The corners of his lips quirked slightly upwards as he saw one of his 'team mates' coming. Although he wasn't going to admit it- even to himself, Rabelde had started to wish that he wouldn't have to enter the caves alone. His wish came true after all.

"Glad to see someone came at last. Shall we enter then?"

((@shadowshed: I added some stuffs to my post. I didn't have time to type everything I wanted to before, since I have to go to church early today, and only managed to add them now. You might want to change you post after reading the changes, but if you don't think it's necessary then you don't need to))

Well, well, isn't she smart.

Yani judged the mystic, who had come up with the wonderful idea of making groups. Why didn't I think of that?

She would have to go with the vamp, if she heeded the mystic's instructions. Sure, she was a bit irked at the 'Venos Hae daughter' thing, but mystics had that consistent ability to keep talking in formal, so she ignored it.

"I'm good," she agreed, raising her hand like as if in school.

"Lady Elli?" she asked, a bit more roughly, though she desperately tried to cover it up with a cheery expression.

Elli had stopped to listen to the mystic. Sure, balanced groups might be a good idea. It could be something of a race to the citadel... Elli smiled. She liked competition. She turned back around, returning to the group. "I'm agreed to this plan, I suppose. I'd pray to the goddess of luck if I were you. You'll need a lot of it." Elli examined Yani out of the corner of her eye, re-evaluating her now that they were to be partners. The girl had been capable in the fight, if a bit... creepy. "But we need to leave now. I can feel something approaching -- something different. And the sun is setting."

With a flick of her wrist, Elli's cloak rippled into darkness as she cast the disappearing charm embedded in the cloak. "I wonder if Valacia shall be here at all when we return," she said with a dark laugh.

Nova walked towards the vampire and the little girl. She liked them best.

"I'm coming with you." she said with an air of finality. She walked over to the steps.

This would be fun, if she could learn how to kill a spirit. She decided to ask before she died.

"So... how am I supposed to kill a spirit? Can I kill them with a sword if it's enchanted?"

((The normal undead are the typical undead. They are weak to fire and silver. They can't stand sunlight. They're nasty. Let's go with iPink's spirits, and with Ashen's idea of necromancy- reanimated type thing.))

Yani's mature-mode came to an end as she watched her two comrades walk towards her; Lady Elli with a look of anticipation and Lady Nova with a decisive one. A huge grin took over her face, and her eyes sparkled even more eerily than normal.

"Yay, I'm with the pretty ladies~~" Yani sang, bouncing a bit. She seemed to be doing that more often than not.

And yes, she supposed, she was happy to be with Elli and Nova - Elli was a vampire (pretty lady 1) and Nova, a capable fighter and leader (pretty lady 2). Despite her initial disdain of Elly, she supposed she could tolerate them. She never did have the flirty friendliness of one of her best friends, Xen Chii. She was always a bit guarded insid, and tried to fool people into thinking she was naive.

"I would have played tag with you, but I'm too tired," Yani told them both with all seriousness in her face and voice. The 'I would have killed you if I did' went unsaid.

((post makes no sense, will be editted later))

Nathan wasn't too happy with the sudden turn of the events, as they were all too confusing.

The biggest problem was that he would be the only fighter in the group, it was not impossible, as the caves ware small, but it would be very tiresome.

The gods seems to be favorable for the group however.

The dancer had close contact with the gods, and Lumi, his summon, bassically was part of the godess of light herself.

However, he had to admit he didn't know the full powers of his summon, nor if it would be of real help.

Their third companion, the seer, seemed very intelligent and would be a good addition to the group

their party would also enter the citadel first, and attract all the attention, so the other group, taking the steps, would bassically have it the easy way.

"We will divide in groups if we must, but under one condition: we regroup as a whole again as soon as possible, I refuse to die just because everyone just does whatever he wants without any discussion. If I get into problems because of someone else's foolishness I rather pledge allegiance to whoever is raising the undead, than dying just to cause the distraction you need to claim the rewards afterwards"

-------------------------------------------

I hope I got it right about everyone's position at the moment, but this is getting really confusing XD((post makes no sense, will be editted later))

((The groups the way I suggested them was like this:

Cave--

Tei- Taemin Lee

Ashen_Eclipse- Seer Leyla Nox

theAdept_Rogue- Lord Rabelde Cleaveland

shadowshed- Hunter Gabriel

Steps/Tower--

Yuffie- Lady Nova Fortia

yannes- Sir Nathan Elindor

iPink- Lady Elli

diamondmist- Hellfairy Yani Celindor

People who left/are no longer RPing-

ninjasean- Sir Almaha Terrin

Indra- Freya Tethin

So right now, Rabelde (Adept) and Gabriel (Shadow) are already at the cave.

The rest of the active RPers are still right around the place where we were fighting, with Nova (Yuffie), Elli (iPink), and Yani (diamondmist) starting to head to the steps/tower.

Does that help clear things up?))

((ugh, sorry. I've been so busy lately..))

"Glad to see someone came at last. Shall we enter then?" said the guy. 'Huh? What? Did he really expecting someone to come? Ah, nevermind,' Gabriel thought. It was rather strange for that line, since he was been a bit impatient back then, right?

"Y-yeah, of course. But please wait up so I can catch my breath. Sorry, but you were so fast," Gabriel replied to him. At least Gabriel also wanted him to check his injuries from earlier. He leaned over to a tree, panting. Noticing that he's still holding Death, he then let his weapon return to a soul form, then it absorbed into his chest, as his hand moved toward and pressed into to take a deep breath.

"Now then. I think it's okay now. Hey, what about your injuries?" Gabriel tried to bring up that topic to see if they need any herbs. He glanced to the trees, looking for any herbs(Wait, do I even know anything about herbs?*Gabriel shrugged*).. Or maybe any foods, since everything was turning into orange gradually.

((@Adept: yeah, i edited the previous post, even a little bit(just imagine that he's really that late, and only watched the last thing). Thanks for telling!))

Taemin shook his head to clear his thoughts. Someone--a seer, necromancer lady, very regal--had aknowledged his existance (more than he'd come to expect) and she had suggested what struck him as a very logical way to split up.

"That makes sense," he said. "Let us go before we're separated further."

He moved to the lady's side. "My name is Taemin," he said, figuring it would probably be wise to know his companion by name and vice-versa. That wasn't entirely a courtesy thing--his healing dance was only strong if he knew his subject's name.

As she started walking, Leyla smiled slightly. "Hello, Taemin. My name is Leyla. I must say I was impressed by your dancing. It is a unique way to cast spells." She hoped she seemed friendly enough, as she had little contact with people. Most who knew her, or of her, had tended to avoid her unless they wanted a prophetess.

She used her staff as she walked, not wanting to be caught off guard without it again.

((This took me way too long to write for such the small post it ended up as.))

Nova walked towards the steps. Since they were now split up, it might be harder to kill things, but that was fine. She stared at the long road ahead, and that was fine by her, but she wondered about the others would fair in the caves. Oh well, she thought. Less people to have to watch out for.

She watched the little girl skipping and saying that she would have played tag with them, too. They would have died. Oh well. She liked this kid. Aura wasn't murderous when she was alive, so this was rather refreshing. She resisted the urge to laugh again and petted Faeles. She didn't want the others to think that she was completely psycho.

Taemin smiled shyly as he felt his cheeks flush a little. "Thanks," he said as they followed the other two (who had quite a head start) toward the caves.

"I've danced since I was a child," he said, glancing up at the sky. It was dark and full of clouds--but not the kind of clouds that he was so friendly with. These clouds might as well have been malice incarnate. "I don't remember being washed up on the shore after my ship went down--I don't remember being taken in by the priests of that village. I don't remember the "miracle" that they always talked about." He paused and breathed, looking back in the direction they were walking. "One summer, there was a terrible drought. The crops died and the only water we had was the salt water from the sea. I don't know why I...I started to cry. And then I started to dance. I don't know what I was doing...and then it started to storm." He fingered his pendant. "I woke up in the healer's house with this," he traced the black mark on his face lightly. "They thought I got hit by lightning. And then I was a miracle again."

At that moment in his somewhat dramatic story (that he wasn't quite sure why he was bothering to tell) he tripped on a stick in the path. With a squeak that sounded like "aish!", he flung his hands out underneath him and swung his feet over. After all, he could take just about any trip and make it graceful if he was thinking about it.