Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yuffie

Velacia RP - RP Thread

Leyla listened as he told her his story. She was a bit surprised that he was telling her about himself, but slightly happy. It was the first time she had gotten such a positive reaction from someone.

Suddenly, Taemin tripped. Leyla reached out to catch him, or something, but the youth moved quickly.

She raised a brow at the dancer's acrobatics. She herself couldn't be that graceful on the city streets, let alone the rough terrain they were on. Once he had recovered, Leyla went back to thinking about his story.

"They say that those who survive misfortune are god-touched." She said thoughtfully. "To have so much happen to you in such a short time... it's both horrible and wonderful."

She looked up at the sky. The clouds covered a good portion of the sky. She had been about to suggest making camp near the entrance of the cave and attempting to regroup in the morning so she could chart the stars, but by the time they reached the cave, too many stars would be covered to get a proper reading. She would have to rely on her runes and her pendulum. Remembering her pendulum, she took the necklace with it off, wrapping it around the top of her staff. Speaking the right incantation, the pendulum started to give off a steady, gently bright glow. It would be more useful in the cave, where it was darker.

She also didn't like the look of the clouds... Something told her they would be better off in the cave this night. She hoped the group on the steps would be fine.

"Come." She said, with a nod to where the cave should be. "We should hurry."

Taemin smiled at her expression on his acrobatic display.

Taemin nodded. "And I think it's true," he said. It was a long story that he wasn't sure he should tell. He'd never really told anyone before, but...something about Leyla struck him as safe to tell. Understanding. Besides, she was a diviner--she could probably figure it out anyways if she wanted.

"When the island was destroyed by the God of the Sea, he took me captive. I was rescued by the Goddess of Death and the son of the Storm God. That's where my powers come from." He touched the necklace. "I can't imagine what would've happened if my life was normal."

He watched her light the pendulum and loop it on her staff.

"Come," she said, nodding in a direction he supposed the cave was. "We should hurry."

"Yes," he agreed. "Let's go."

Elli walked beside her companions in the direction of the steps. The thinly cobbled path was uneven and difficult to walk on, and the sun had set completely. Malevolent clouds lingered on the horizon. They hovered above the Valacian Valley, obscuring the stars. Elli threw one of her souls into the air and blew gently on it. It floated just above her head. She moved her hand, and it burst into brilliant white flames, illuminating the path.

"Those clouds are not normal. We must get to the steps quickly -- overhanging rock protects the lower part of the steps. I'm afraid we'll need that protection."

"Now then. I think it's okay now. Hey, what about your injuries?"

Rabelde snapped his head to the direction of the hunter's voice. He was glancing around at trees, seemingly searching for something- at the same time he looked less tired and is at last ready to go into the caves. Rabelde couldn't help looking amused.

"It's alright. I suppose it can heal itself after a while. Meanwhile, I should make use of it while it could still flow" Rabelde mused, murmuring more to himself rather than his new companion. Eyes shifting, his left hand hovered around his wounds, and the trickling blood, responding to the gesture, danced around his finger.

Siphoning as much blood as he dared to, Rabelde moved his fingers once more, and ordered the now floating red liquid into a glass vial. He tossed the object, caught it, and slipped it into his cloak as he stated, speaking once more to himself, "This may come in handy in the near future..."

He turned once again to his companion, but a sudden dizziness made him realize he has drawn slightly too much of his own blood.

Leaning on the cave walls for support, Rabelde addressed the hunter and asked, "I just remembered, but I don't think I've known your name yet. Care to enlighten me?"

((Alright, from now on, I'm going to use a different colour when quoting from someone else's post, so it will be less confusing))

Gabriel's eyes were observing for certain leaves that he didn't sure about, but he still took a little glance at the mage to see if he would reply something.

"It's alright. I suppose it can heal itself after a while. Meanwhile, I should make use of it while it could still flow" the mage was murmuring to himself quietly as he made a gesture to actually do something to his injured right arm. What is he doing? Gabriel asked himself, watching blood was moving around his finger.

Narrowed his eyebrow at it, Gabriel lowered his backpack and checked it to find any bandages. When he tried to open it, the bag was already opened half-cut, maybe from the attack earlier. Thanks to the bag that actually did some protection to his back(even it's not that hard). Gabriel heard that the guy that playing with his blood saying something, but he was too busy to deal with the bandages. He pulled out the bandage roll, and cut it with his dagger. Collecting his backpack that also warped by the bandages so it wouldn't be opened up back, Gabriel stood up to give the bandages, but as he did, he saw that the mage called out to him, "I just remembered, but I don't think I've known your name yet. Care to enlighten me?"

Gabriel brought his feet to run a bit to give the bandages, "I'm Gabriel, I'd warp this," Gabriel informed to the male mage and started to warp his injured arm and tied it tight. "Oh, my, and I haven't known your name as well." Gabriel then tried to support him from the other side.

((I'm really confused..))

with both the light of Elli's souls and the light summon Lumi, Nathan had a good sight around the steps. The light casts long, shady shadows on the walls and the floor.

Nathan was a bot scared. First of all he didn't really like the people in his group: bunch of fake nobles and psycho's (who plays tag during a fight anyways?).

The area wasn't very comfortable, and Nathan heard all kinds of creepy noises... "where they real? or do I imagine this?" He was thinking to himself, directing his thoughts to Lumi afterwards:

"if you see anything, let me know ok? I don't want the others to think I'm a scared chicken"

Nova giggled. She could almost sense the anticipation and a bit of fear in the air. Nathan was most obviously a good boy from a castle far away. This would be fun. Going into a place that was unknown to her, and with all sorts of evil creatures.

Nova listened to Elli's warning. She wondered if they would provide protection from the spirits, or from something much worse. She considered asking Elli what they would face, but decided not to. Faeles would sense the danger in the area, and she would tell Nova. Such an interesting language, Cat was.

She moved forward some more, and she saw a few lights up ahead. They weren't the lights from any of the souls or pixie-things that had been flung in front of them. These were strange, blue flickering orbs that contained angry flecks of red. These must be the spirits that Elli was talking about, she though to herself. She drew her sword, and lit it on fire. She would not fall prey to one of those nasty varmints.

Elli grabbed Nova's arm before she could lift her sword. "We don't need to fight them," she whispered. "They are simply drawn to the light." Elli waved her arm and the lit souls drifted towards the spirits, then off the path and into the forest. The spirits followed, their human forms flickering around them. "It's best not to fight them unless we must. It's not easy to kill the essence of death."

The souls drifted back to Elli, no longer lit. To Nathan she said, "Put out that thing. Its light will draw more of them. We should probably continue up the steps a ways. There's a shrine on the lower steps. The spirits avoid it, and there is an overhang. It should protect us from the brewing storm."

Shivering from the cold, Elli drew her shadowy cloak more tightly around herself and draped the two souls around her neck like scarves. A sudden droplet of rain flashed down onto one of the souls and a splotch of darkness spread from the place where it had hit. "Let's go!"

Yani walked along beside her companions, quiet for once, before she heard something. Spirits?

Nova pulled out a sword, but Elli stopped both of them - more specifically Nova. She explained about the spirits light preference. Just as Nova sheathed the sword, a droplet of rain dropped on a soul which Elli had been wearing a scarf. A dark splotch spread.

"Let's go," Elli said, and Yani steeled herself.

"I'll see if there are any threats around. I'll go first in," Yani offered, "I'll flare my aura if there's trouble or if the coast is clear. How's that?"

((@shadowshed: Ah, it's just a matter of vocabulary mix-up, then. I wasn't talking about lights. As you remember Rabelde mentioned that he doesn't know Gabriel's name, and his remark, "I just remembered, but I don't think I've known your name yet. Care to enlighten me?" in simpler words would roughly translate to "I don't know your name yet. Care to tell me what it is?" Sorry for the confusion))

"I'm Gabriel, I'd warp this," Gabriel informed to the male mage and started to warp his injured arm and tied it tight. "Oh, my, and I haven't known your name as well." Gabriel then tried to support him from the other side.

"Thanks" muttered Rabelde softly, as he allowed Gabriel to support him.

"As for my name, people would normally address me as lord" he spat the word with disdain, "Rabelde Cleveland. But just call me Rabelde..."

Feeling that he's starting to recover, he shifted slightly farther away from the hunter and said, "I think I can walk by myself now"

Nova sheathed her sword. Darn. She was hoping to have to kill something. That would have to wait, though. She watched as Yani... or whoever she was... ran up the steps. She could just see the temple in the distance.

"We've got a long way to go. Let's run." she said. She sent Faeles after Yani. That cougar would not let anything happen to the little kid, even though Nova was fairly sure that Yani would end up protecting Faeles. Nova ran farther up the steps, hoping that she was fast enough to avoid the spirits. She didn't need those dead people telling her that she was a bad person.

True, she had only ever seen one spirit before, and it was in a place where the essence of death seemingly wrapped itself around the people that traveled there. She quickened her pace. She still remembered that incident... She had seen her own soul- a ghastly, dark, angry, almost evil sphere. Elli's soul seemed to be rather clean, a bad sign for her. Nova hoped desperately that she wouldn't become one of those spirits. Yuck.

Nathan unsummoned Lumi, he hoped he would not regret it later, as he can only summon him back at daytime.

He didn't like that Elli gave him commands, it was indeed the best idea to get rid of the light, but she could have asked it as well.

The confidence of the team gave him somewhat more strength, and he started walking with a somewhat courageous thread, they could deal with this, it wasn't as impossible as he thought at the start.

He was a bit surprised that the others were so powerfull, he expected that skills needed months of training with a professional, but his fellow adventurers obviously didn't spend years of training at the city gate, they ventured around in the wide world. Was that little bit more knowledge about weapons and fancy techniques really as valuable as the knowledge they had? Obviously not

"I... I have to apologise... I was overconfident over my own skills and underestimated all of you,it's obvious I am not half as fit for this adventure as you are. I'll use my skills and powers at the best I can, but I doubt i'll be of much use elseway"

There, he said it, he wondered what the others would do now?

Would they laugh with him, and send him away? Maybe that would be for the best, he would probably stumble on the steps and let the others trip anyway.

Would they show compassion, pitty him? They could as well take the little bit of honor he had left away now.

The morale was hard to find, and for a moment he hesitated to summon Lumi again to cheer him up. But he remembered he had to unsummon him anyway, and that it was night.

When he noticed Yanni bouncing away to scout the area, a small grin appeared on his face, it was so absurbd to see someone so happy in such a place.

-------------------------

Little question: did gabriel and Rabelde take the steps, the main entrance, or another entrance?

Because if we both tak the steps, we should have bumped in on them already, because we are moving a bot faster than they are.

((Sorry, sorry! I was busy. And having writers block... gurgurgur))

Leyla accepted that Taemin was god-touched. The gods worked in strange ways- who was she to question it?

"There is something to be said for being normal, though," she said ducking under a tree branch. "There are people out there, living their lives day after day, not knowing what it's like to be different. They are perfectly content in their normality." She glanced at the youth. "Can you blame them for enjoying that?"

She moved a branch out of her face. It was odd. She hadn't been having trouble with the trees before, but the closer they got to the cave, the more the trees seemed to have a mind of their own. Leyla looked up at the sky again. The clouds were moving quicker now, covering most of the sky. Something was wrong. Something just didn't feel right.

She picked up her pace. She didn't want to know what would happen if they didn't get to the cave soon. And though the dancer seemed perceptive and could likely figure out something was going on, she didn't want him to worry. Besides, the cave was just ahead, she thought. Leyla continued speaking.

"But, I suppose it was being different that saved you. The gods saw something in you that they found worth saving."

((I don't think this makes any sense. Whatever. It's a post. I hate writers block, this took way too long. XD ))

Nova heard the prince boy apologize. She didn't blame him for being inexperienced. She briefly considered not being mean and comforting him, but that thought was quickly dismissed. He didn't seem to be moving fast enough.

She slowed down, and looked back at him.

"Well, that's lovely. Don't be sorry about it. You should focus on fighting. If all that training in your cushy palace didn't pay off, then I'll cut off my own foot. Or yours, but that's besides the point. If we don't hurry up, we'll be spirit bait, and I'll be reminded about what my soul looks like."

Nova then took off again, as it started to rain harder. She had no idea what it would mean if there was a full blown storm here, but she had no curiosity to find out.

She reached the temple after fifteen minutes. It was dark and dank inside. It smelled like something had died in there. Oh well. Those were teh places where she was best suited to. She walked farther in, and saw a dead dude.

"Hey pal." she said in a nonchalant voice.

She walked over to him, and to her surprise, small spirit left the body.

"Nova... Pull up your socks or you'll become an undead... Maybe a smart zombie, or some kind of half vampire thing... Now don't be a freak-o. Stop killing people just because it's fun." the spirit said. It left the temple, apparently disgusted by her. Wow, my soul is so nasty that even the spirits of death are repulsed by me... Cool. she thought to herself. She settled down on the floor beside a wall and lit a small fire. It would be a long night, without being able to go anywhere.

Elli quickly reached the Shrine of Audère. Stepping inside to get out of the strange rain, she noticed a body. Maybe this place wasn't as safe as she had thought...

Nova was there, sitting against a wall, apparently deep in thought. A fountain trickled in wild bursts against the far wall. As Elli watched, the water began to flow a deep crimson liquid. Elli stifled a scream. "This shrine has been penetrated! The goddess who resides here is dead -- or at least a part of her. We must leave!"

Before exiting the cave, Elli reached down to the body of the Godess of Chance's avatar. There was no soul -- it had exited and reformed into a spirit. "Did you see a spirit exit this shrine? It's a fragment of the spirit of the goddess. We must find it! We need to know how this happened!" Elli quickly searched the body of the dead woman once more. She found a tin pendant, a set of three dice, and a vial of luck. With a last look around the temple, she ran out the door onto the steps. Ahead was a windowed tunnel that lasted for a mile or so. It would protect from the rain, although it was also a place for spirits. She called back to Yani and the boy-that-she-didn't-remember-the-name-of, "The shrine has broken! Our best bet is a tunnel ahead!"

Elli then ran ahead, singing maniacally: "I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistakes; I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way! Don't hide yourself in regret, just love yourself and you're set; I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way!"

((Sorry. :D I had to. The song came out today. XD))

When Nathan heard they were about to chase the spirit of the godess, he sighted deeply. His summon was more or less a part of the spirit of the godess of light herself, and it was not impossible that it was able to comfort or communicate with the spirit. But didn't he unsummon it seconds ago?

"I agree we better find that godess, we could use all the help we can find, and we don't wan't the godess against us anyway, the undead alone are enough to handle with already"

He noticed that he couldn't keep up with Elli, because his armor was to heavy.

"I can't follow, shall I go back to warn Yani, we can regroup here again later, or you can use your spirit to warn us if something is wrong"

---------------------------------------------

I assume that Yani was too far away already to notice what just happened, if she isn't (I'll leave that up to Yani herself) I'll just follow with whatever Yani will do, since it would be illogical to chase spirits.

Nova sat up with a jolt when she realized Elli was screaming. She looked around and pulled the dagger out of her boot automatically. There was blood flowing from the fountain instead of water. The dead dude's spirit was... a goddess? Everything clicked and made sense! No wonder the spirit was repulsed by Nova- she was a goddess, and obviously a very dead one.

Nova quickly stood, kicked the fire out, and called for Faeles. She ran out the door after Elli, and put her dagger back in her boot. She tried to run as fast as she could after the now singing vampire.

When she finally caught up, she decided to tell Elli what had happened.

"Urm, Elli... That spirit that left the shrine was the goddess, right? If so, then it was probably my fault she left, as I find it safe to assume that her spirit wanted to get the heck away from me. My soul or spirit or whatever it is isn't very pretty. And, before she left, she told me to pull up my socks, whatever that means."

She assumed that the vamp would know more about it than she would, so she drew her sword and walked forward. She stared into the gaping mouth of the tunnel that Elli had mentioned. She walked into it slowly, and waited for her eyes to adjust.

She blinked, and then she could see it- about a dozen spirits just sitting there. She saw them take the form of humans. One of them was what appeared to be a pirate, and the other a girl in a dress throwing dice. That must be the spirit of that goddess! she realized with a start. She walked up to the goddess and said,

"We need to destroy the undead. How do we do this, and why the heck are you dead? Aren't you supposed to be protecting that shrine?"

The woman responded, "If I was still there, than my soul would have been destroyed by him. I would protect my shrine, but I'm not having the best luck right now. You must destroy the undead menace, so that my spirit will be able to return to my body and give wayward travelers luck. If you don't, then the world will perish, for he will destroy all of the gods and goddesses. Travel through the passage. Get to the citadel. Destroy him."

Nova was rather surprised at the fact that the spirits could talk to her. She decided to wait for Elli to get here, and maybe Yani and Princey-Boy so that they could go down that tunnel together. As much fun as it would be to kill everything down there, she decided that this whole soul thing she was going through would force her to wait for the others.

Oh well. The mage -Rabelde Cleveland- he had cool name here-- had seemed recovered. Gabriel then let him walk himself into the cave. The cave was dark, but fortunately the ground was flat enough to...

A creature surprised him by coming from the cave wall. "What the.." Gabriel noticed that the same move was used by other creatures to approach them. Gabriel let out a nervous smile as he summoned Death into scythe once again. Gabriel tried to slash them by the extra range of his scythe with suited encircled formation. First slash, second, third one- the blade was cutting the wall and remain inside of it. Gabriel cursed the wall and summoned Arch immediately, seeing that he's still surrounded by those unknown creatures, and apparently being cornered.

He pushed Arch to two of them, as he glanced to where his new companion supposed to be, but he was encountered by another. He wondered if Rabelde was okay handling what he also troubled with that arm. It may be healed a bit, but Gabriel became worried about it. He was being told to use the new technic by that calm soul. Charging on Arch, Gabriel with his stance let out a blow that pushed at least 3 and scratched 2 with Purify Slash. What next?

((i'm terrible with this. Mind me that there's a high pile of homeworks <.<))

Rabelde allowed Gabriel to head in the caves first. Looking around for a moment to see if there are any others coming, he then turned back to see the hunter already fighting several zombies with his scythe.

Not bad... Rabelde mused, as he observed the fight. Then, out of the corner of his eyes, he saw an undead advancing towards him. Rabelde quickly reached for his halberd, but a sharp pain on his right shoulder made him stop. So, instead, he used his left hand to draw a sealing charm and activated it. Immediately, all the zombies positioned within the charm's range froze. No longer having to worry about their attacks, Rabelde walked towards one of them and fired his gun at it. The zombie fell on the ground and Rabelde knelt next to it, checking if it have any loots he could use.

((Okay, I regretfully have to take a *break* from the RP because I'm really busy right now and don't really have the time. I'll be back soon, though!))

As Elli was running towards the tunnel and out of the rain, a swathe of mist obscured her for a moment. When the mist dispersed, the vampire girl was gone, leaving only a faintly gleaming soul behind. The soul drifted above Nova's head, where it would remain as a reminder that Elli would one day return...

Nathan ran off to find Yani, but as he didn't see where she went, he couldn't find her anywhere.

He noticed a sudden mist and a small flickering of light, and decided to check what it was.

In the centre of the mistcloud (do they form clouds? meh) he noticed Nova, and he regrouped with her.

"I didn't see where Yani went... who's that friend hanging above your head? looks a bit like Elli"

((did Yanni say somewhere that she left, she hasn't replied for a while now))