Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yuffie

Velacia RP - RP Thread

((@Tei: Okay then.))

"Oof! Get off me, you freak!" Nova shouted as the knight tumbled onto her. She pushed him off of her and lay there, gasping for breath. She was not at all impressed with Nathan's skills at walking downhill.

Nova stood up, and looked around. There appeared to be a few skeletons closing in from behind them. She pulled Nathan up and jumped out of the ditch and towards the skeletons. They were mildly disgusted by her, and took a moment to register what was happening. Nova swung her sword, chopping a skeleton's head off.

She jumped again, and swiped at the head of one of the larger skeletons. She succeeded in hitting it, and as its head fell off, it tried to hit her. She defended against the attack, and countered, hitting the armour that it wore.

Another skeleton hit her in the back, right on her burn. She gasped in pain, dropping her sword. One of the skeletons swung at her. She rolled to her sword and kicked the hand of the nearest skeleton.

"Take that, you undead freaks!" After speaking, she realized just how that must have sounded, coming out of her mouth.

Nova's power was impressive, she could push away a full armored knight without any efforts, and pulled him up as well, all that in only a few seconds. Nathan wondered if she got this strength from Elli, or if she always had so much power.

Nathan was never called a freak, or any other name before, since he was a prince, people didn't even dare to be disrespectful towards him. For a moment he felt offended, but he also realized it probably was the first time ever someone was being honest towards him.

"Thanks for pulling me up" he stuttered,

it would have taken him a lot longer to get up by himself, so he could at least thank her.

Nathan took place next to Nova, who was for some reason rolling on the ground, so he could block the attacks while she got up again.

During one of his attacks, his sword got stuck in the eyehole of a skeleton. Our hero pulled and pushed with all his force, and managed to get the sword out, unbalancing the opponent during the process. The undead tripped and stumbled on another pair of walking bones, creating a small domino effect.

"I'm not the only clumsy one, apparently" he said

((@yannes: Let's give the others a chance to catch up a bit so that they're not still at the mouth of the cave when we go into the citadel. They should probably be about 7/10ths of the way there or farther, even out, when we go in. It'll be easier for the story that way, and we won't have a huge group missing. We're going to need them, anyways. Let's just take a break for a day or two.))

Whatever it was that Taemin had done worked. The beast crumpled, folding in on itself as it turned to dust.

"Are you well?" Leyla asked him, doing a quick glance over him, making sure he wasn't injured.

((Lame. post. is. lame. Blargh, I couldn't think of anything.))

Having seen enough from the two new comers, Rabelde suddenly remembered the companion he had left behind, and walked back to his previous position. As he did so, he saw Gabriel trying to pull his scythe, which was still embedded in the wall. Before Rabelde could offer help, the hunter had slashed the wall with another scythe.

The cave was grumbled, as the scythes had remain inside of Gabriel. The cracks in the cave wall even cracked all over, and actually let in some water. Gabriel stepped back to see the bigger crack, "Hey, hey.. I didn't do something...bad,..did I?" he asked himself.

Rabelde's eyes widened. The damage to the cave's ceiling had caused the water from above to leak in- and would flood the area if let continued. Pulling out a sealing charm, he aimed at the dripping water. The flow stopped, but not completely. Apparently, sealing the movements of water is much harder than sealing the movements of undeads.

Sighing with disdain, he turned to Gabriel and said, ever so casually, "Let's just go on. Let whoever coming after us deal with this"

"Ye-yeah," Taemin stuttered as the creature crumbled to dust. "I'm fine." He looked at his hands. Nothing about them had changed. "Since when can I do that?"

In the quiet that they were now treated to, Taemin became aware of a steady "drip, drip, drip" somewhere nearby. This didn't bother him too much--after all, there was always water dripping from stalactites. What was slightly more concerning was when the "drip, drip drip" became "dripdripdrip" and threatened to become the sound of a steady stream of water.

"What about you? I've never seen someone jump up so fast after being healed like that," he said. He pulled his flint and steel from the bag of holding and tucked them into his belt, making a mental note to check frequently that they were still there. Being able to reach those would make his life a lot easier the next time he needed Firedance.

"I suppose we should keep going," he said, glancing deeper into the cave. "We still haven't caught up to the other two."

She fiddled with her pendulum, making sure it was still glowing.

"I suppose we should keep going," Taemin said, glancing deeper into the cave. "We still haven't caught up to the other two."

She nodded. As they started walking, she said "About my healing... Thank you. I'm feeling much better."

Leyla paused. She wondered how much she should tell him, and how much Taemin had figured out by himself. He had trusted her with his story. Perhaps she could trust him with hers.

"As for how fast I recovered... It's part of my magic, the part I inherited from my mother. Her bloodline..." she paused again. In the past, telling people who her mother was had turned out to be a very bad idea. She wished she the had time to scry and find out Taemin's reaction. She decided to go ahead anyway, and hoped her instincts were right.

Switching tactics, she asked, "How much do you know about necromancers and necromancy?"

Taemin smiled warmly. "I'm glad," he said.

"How much do you know about necromancers and necromancy?" she asked.

He turned to her, still smiling. "Considering that I was once rescued by Kiliara the Goddess of Death herself?" He chuckled a little. "I don't really know much about it at all. But it fascinates me. I like to know about things--the more I know about things, the less likely it is I'll be taken by surprise." He tilted his head and looked at her. "Kiliara's clerics always talk about Duality--"only the light can give birth to the darkness" and so on. I think that you have that Duality too," he said. "Yin and yang. Am I right?

"It's a pity that Kiliara isn't much worshiped here. Instead, Elic the judge of the dead, is worshiped in her place." her mouth turned down into a slight frown. "And he and his priests are more feared than revered. There is a prejudice against death and the dead in much of Velacia. In some cities, the family of the deceased must go through a cleansing before interacting with the public again."

The cave was quiet for a moment, the only sounds their footsteps and the dripping of water.

"So you can see why necromancers are so hated. Not only does their magic stem from death, some are even able to walk into the Afterworld. They say necromancers are half dead, and that is why they have those powers.

"My mother was a necromancer; indeed, her whole family had death magic. Any daughter born to her line has an affinity for the dark arts. They also heal astoundingly quickly.

"My father was a white knight. How my parents found each other I do not know. Do to their mixing, my magic is not quite light, not quite dark, but a bit of both. Duality, you say? I like the sound of that... One day, I shall have to meet Kiliara's clerics. Once we get out of this mess, of course."

((@Adept: Gabriel was pulling out his scythe which made the wall lost its balance and trembled. The scythes were already into souls inside of him.))

Gabriel was surprised when the drips were sealed. His eyes observed the caster as he found Rabelde doing the seal. He looked having hard time with it, so Gabriel thought to not call him for better.

The drips of the water became less and less. Sighing with disdain, Rabelde turned to Gabriel and said, ever so casually, "Let's just go on. Let whoever coming after us deal with this". Gabriel also wanted to agree with that, but he didn't have any idea why Rabelde returned that fast. Was that nothing to take care about?

"Yeah. Whoever they are, perhaps they're walking towards here now? Did you meet them just now?", Gabriel asked as he took his steps, looking at the mage.

"Yeah. I saw the dancer and the mage girl somewhere around the cave entrance" Rabelde answered his companion with a shrug, "They'll probably arrive soon, but I don't really like hanging around here and doing nothing while waiting for them to come"

"I've heard as such," Taemin nodded as they walked. "But I hadn't heard of going through a cleansing process when someone dies, though--way to compound the pain," he grumbled, remembering the pain when his parents died."

Leyla explained that her mother was a necromancer and her father was a white knight. Taemin nodded.

"Yin and yang," he repeated. "The balance of light and dark was very important where I came from too. And you would like Kiliara's clerics." He smiled, remembering his last encounter with one. "And her necromancers are about as pleasant as necromancers get."

The two continued through the cave. The dripping water was getting louder.

"I wonder where those other two got to," he murmured. "We must be getting close by now--they couldn't have had that much of a head start."

Gabriel nodded at Rabelde's sentence. He heard the murmurs, so he let a silent sigh, wondering about the dripping water(maybe there were ponds above of them*?*). His eyes laid upon the wall crack earlier, and then closed. He tried to listen to what the two behind.

"Gah, I'm bored."

((@yannes: I guess we can start again.))

Nova rolled again, and grabbed her sword. She jumped up and swung the sword at another skeleton. She kicked one of them, and its head fell off. She grabbed the helmet that it had been wearing and threw it at one of the others. There were three left. She swung her sword, and dodged an attack. She chopped its shoulder off, and swung again, missing. She shook her head, and with a yell, she chopped off both of its legs. She would leave the other two for Nathan.

Nova jumped over the ditch, and she stared in the direction of the cave. Hopefully the others hadn't been eaten and would be here soon. She moved towards the caves, dragging Faeles with her. The stubborn cat didn't want to go any closer to the caves or the citadel. Nova looked at the caves again, and ran to the citadel. She tried to open the door, but had little luck. She was going to need some help with this one.

Nathan crushed the skull of the last skeleton lying in the ground his armored boots, and looked around.

Only 2 skeletons were left, but Nova didn't seem to bother to wait for him.

While he was looking at Nova, the skeletons came closer, close enough the punch them. Since he didn't have enough space to swing his sword, he kicked him in the face, jumped back, and slashed with his sword.

Nathan forgot about the other skeleton however, who threw a dagger towards him. The dagger hit his chest piece, which changed the daggers movement.? The dagger now aimed for Nathans cheek, leaving a small wound behind. Luckily the dagger lost most of its speed, and it only touched the cheek from the side.

Nathan chopped of the limbs of the undead one by one in an anger rage.

When his anger calmed down, he made his way towards the citadel.

When he noticed Nova having problems with Faeles, Nathan started laughing, he didn't stop to help, but continued his way towards the cave.

"I shall wait for you there, have fun petting your pet"

When he reached the entrance, he smiled. For once, Nova was the one who was left on her own.

The prince noticed that the temperature has dropped and that it has became a lot colder.

"Sunrise is the coldest time of the day, it will be glad to have Lumi back" he said to himself

Nova picked Faeles up, who was really squirming like a worm. She headed to the cave entrance, only slightly hindered by her pet. When she reached the entrance fully, she put down Faeles, and noticed Nathan laughing. She considered hitting him, but just gave him a look. Nova thought, If looks could kill, he'd be dead.

Nova walked up to the entrance gate, cracked her knuckles, and pushed on the door. She kept on pushing, with little luck.

"There's a spell on the other side that opens the door automatically. We don't have that luxury, though."

Nova took a deep breath, and hoped that 'soul power' would work on the door. She brandished her sword, and smacked the door. It left a slight dent, but the door didn't open.

"C'mon. Help me push in this darn door." she said. She hated to ask for help, but this door obviously didn't want to budge.

"Maybe the others will be here soon, and they'll get the door open for us."

"True- I am surprised we have not met up with them yet." Leyla commented.

The dripping of water got louder. Leyla found it odd, but having little experience with cave systems, she didn't know if it was normal.

The duo rounded a corner n the cave. Water had pooled on the floor. Up ahead, Leyla thought she saw the two they were looking for.

((The gate is a solid iron gate. No bars. It's about 6" thick. It's about 8 feet tall, and seems to be built into the cave walls. It was meant to keep bad things from entering the caves, but on the other side, there's a spell/charm that lets them exit.))

When Nathan checked the gate, he noticed that it was built the same way as the gates in the castle of his father.

"Well, unless all the undead are around are going to help us, there is no way we will open that gate with muscle power..."

Nathan made a list of the skills that Nova and the prince himself had, and was thinking out loud, speaking in a almost not understandable way.

"We could use our fire to force the gates open, but that would take more then a day, and all the manastones would be empty, in that case, it would be better to look for another way in"

Nathan checked the gate for hidden buttons, runes, or other secret mechanisms he knew, but didn't find any, as expected.

He noticed that his companion was using her sword to open the gate, the stupidity of the idea stuck him at first, but then he noticed the flickering of Novas soul around it.

"A man made of flesh and bones can never open the gates, but maybe something else can"

while he said that, he looked explicitly to Nova's soul enhanced sword.

As soul could go through the gate and activate the charm to open the gates.

"If you could go through it, we can open the gate on the normal way, this is better than breaking the gate open, since I'm pretty sure there is some sort of an alarm that would go of in that case.

and with a bit if luck, the charm is similar to the one at home, and I could alter it so the gate wouldn't open for any undead thug.

And if that doest work, I can summon Lumi in a few hours, he can't activate the gate charm, but he could go find the others to open it for us instead"

Nova stopped smacking the gate, and listened to the prince's incessant babbling. She sat down, when an idea seemed to have struck him. She thought aout the idea for a moment. Maybe she could go through that wall...

Nova stood up and said, "This had better work. All the undead on this side of the gate will be here in a matter of hours. We don't have the time to wait for your little spirit thing."

She turned to the gate, and tried to push through. She couldn't. Then, she tried to think about being purely a spirit dragging a body with her. She pushed again, and fell through the door. Surprisingly, her blade had come through with her, too.

Nova looked around, and found a small pedestal with a glowing green symbol. She pressed it into the pedestal, and it projected itself onto the door. The door started to open, sliding apart very, very, slowly. She took a deep breath, and waited.

Nova heard some sliding and dripping sounds from behind her. Probably just rocks shifting... she thought to herself. She turned around to check, and found herself face to face with a massive wall of goo.

"FLAN!!!" she shouted to Nathan, hoping that his magic would ave some effect against the creature. She jumped over the pedestal as the flan crept towards her. She cast her small fireball, which singed a portion of the thing. However, the goo only appeared to get angrier.

"Darn." she said, hoping that the others would find their way to the edge of the cave soon.

(( where did everybody else go?....))

When Nova tried to go through the gate without success, he felt disappointed. It would take hours before they would get in.

Her remark about his 'spirit thing' hurt him deep, it was basically all he had left, he left his homeland more then a year ago, and the only reason people where friendly to him here was because he was important enough to treat nicely. He hasn't even had close contact with anyone since he left home.

For a moment he imagined that Nova could be his friend, but he felt repulsed by the idea, they were nothing alike, he hates what she likes, and everything he longed for was unimportant to her.

Still, he could deny the fact that he almost liked being in the company of someone, someone of who he was pretty sure she would save his back if needed.

The prince was so busy with his thoughts that he didn't notice Nova taking a second try to go through gate. It was untill he heard a small "pop" sound, and the movements of the rusty mechanisms of the iron gate that he realised that Nova got in.

The gates opened very slowly, after 10 minutes, the gap was big enough to put his hand through. The gate was getting used to his old habit of opening and closing, and it made more and more speed, luckily.

Nathan peeked through the gate to see what was at the other side. it was a very dark and small room, and other to the faint glow of the now activated charm, there was no lightning. The fire of his swords casted long shadows on the green wall at the opposite side of the room. The shadows made it look like the wall was alive, and was slowly moving towards Nova.

The wall *was* alive!!!!

Nova and Nathan found out the truth at more or less the same moment, but Nova seemed to be more shocked, since she could no longer say things that make sense

"Flan" she shouted, and she casted a small fireball, followed by a small hissing sound.

Nathan couldn't help but reply to what Nova said, partially because this opportunity to make fun of Nova was too good to ignore, but for the biggest part because the situation was so absurbd that he didn't even realise how stupid the conversation was.

"It looks more like a jello to me, if you really want to compare it to a desert"

Nathan wanted to cast some fire as well, but he was afraid he would hit Nova, so he started to attack the other side of the slime wall, hoping that the slime that was close to Nova would fill the gap, or that the wall would even collapse.

Nathan casted fireballs until the gates opened enough to go through, so he could assist Nova without roasting her.