Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yuffie

Velacia RP - RP Thread

Yani looked around. She had been working her head off on her sister's condition and now, she didn't feel too updated on the happenings. Who knew what fun the others would be having?

Currently, she was standing right outside the Velacia gates. Apparently, when she had commanded her travel crystal to transport her to Velacia, it didn't understand that she had wanted to go to where Nat and Nova were. Argh.

What to do, what to do...she had nearly no means of finding Nova and Nathan except for Faeles' essence - Faeles' essence!

That was it; Faeles had bonded with Nova so obviously some of her essence had to be on Faeles. So if she used Faeles' essence to get to Nova...it could work! It was only a little difficult, she could do it. If she carried it out, the essence would be part of her and she could go wherever Nova was whenever she wanted.

I am a genius, Yani congratulated herself, summoning up the glowing ball of essence. "O Lord of Essence," she prayed softly to the skies, "this offering I present you in hopes of a gift in return. Lord of Essence, I implore you," she put a hand over the ball, "to transport me to the original owner of this essence. In the name of Venos Hae, I call upon my powers! Transportation Lily!"

The ball morphed and twisted into a lily, translucent as water. The beauty of it was astounding as it hovered in the air, but as soon as the thought crossed her mind, it shot like a bullet into her chest where her heart would be. She saw white.

~ - ~ - ~ - ~

The next second, she was right beside Nova and Nathan. In the middle of battle. Nice.

"Seriven!" she screamed to surprise them, and the fire that she had used before ignited. She didn't know what she cast it at, but she enjoyed it anyway.

The footsteps drew nearer, and peering over his shoulders, Rabelde finally saw the other two arriving.

"That took you long enough" Rabelde remarked, his tone bland. Raising his light rune for a better view, he took lead and walked deeper into the caves.

"We were waylaid," Taemin said simply. He was beginning (or continuing) to think that he and the mage wouldn't get along very well. You should be grateful we're alive, he thought bitterly. If not for that miracle Dragon Dance, they would both be much worse for the wear. And if he hadn't finished the healing dance in time...he shuddered. Don't even think about that, Taemin.

He fingered his pendant nervously. He was fairly certain that his discussion with Leyla was best postponed for a while.

Nova jumped backwards as she heard the prince speaking. She jumped again, as a tendril tried to strike her. She ran to the gate, and gave Nathan a look that would have frozen him solid, had her magic been a little stronger. She turned again, and another tendril struck at her. She tried to hack through it with her sword. Much to Nova's surprise, the tendril fell off, squirming until it turned to dust. Souls were obviously effective weapons.

"Seriven!"

Nova looked through the gap in the door again, and she was pleasantly surprised to see Yani standing there.

Maybe some Venos Hae magic can help me out here, she thought desperately.

Nova ran up to the slime, and she hacked a rectangle to bits. She managed to turn some of it to dust before it tried to envelop her in itself. She jumped, and just in time, too.

The gate was large enough for Yani to fit through now, or Faeles. Nova didn't want to risk the cat being eaten, and it didn't have any considerable powers, so she commanded it to stay where it was.

"Yani! Can you help us out with this!?!?" Nova yelled.

The goo crept closer to her. It had covered the small pedestal, leaving only a stone throw's distance between her and the goop. She cast fire again, and desperately hoped that vampire types didn't taste good.

"Yes~~" she shouted back at Nova, grinning in delight as she, once again, formed her hands into her spell stance. "Daughters of Sun!" she screamed, and black lightning shot out of her hands. The lightning scattered around her and hit multiple targets.

"In the meantime, tell me what happened while I was gone, please~~!!" Yani clapped her hands as the lightning snaked around Nova's fire, twisted it into a huge red and black dragon. The magic played around with the fire so compatibly that it seemed that they were one spell, not two separate ones.

"Oh, and by the way, slime is of the water affiliation so fire and lightning hurts it most!" Yani called, and cast Seriven again, followed by a Daughters of Sun again. She noticed Nova was tiring, so she sent a Sons of Moon spell to rejuvenate her and block more attacks.

"We were waylaid," Taemin said simply. He shuddered a bit, and Leyla assumed he was thinking about the fight with that creature. She gave him a small smile as the group moved on, before letting her face become blank.

Leyla followed the group, silently walking last. It was a pity that her and Taemin's conversation would have to wait, but the calloused and blunt behavior of Rabelde was not conducive to conversation. She felt awkward, and almost wished they had not met up with Rabelde and the hunter.

She started to fiddle with her pouch of runes. She assumed that she would need it soon, as the path was starting to widen and would likely branch soon.

((I edited my post at the end, to fit better with the current events

@yuffie: what is taht look that would make me frozen solid? I didn't know you had that spell, and why would you do that?))

When Nathan got through the gates, he noticed that Yanni was there.

He didn't see how she got in, but he didn't really care either, it was just good to have here back.

"Yanni! I am most delighted to see that you have rejoined us!"

He took her advice in mind, and tried to use more fire to kill that big slime, he already used too much mana however, so he decided to be a bit more greedy in sharing his fireballs from now on.

When a green, slimy tentacle was grabbing his feet, he cut it of in a rexlex. The flames on his sword had a similar effect as Nova's soul: the aquatic substance melted away, and the tenrtacledid not regrow.

Instead, on the place where the flames hit the creature, some sort of a shell was created that looked soft and flexible, like leather.

it was a good way to prevent the slime of shaping itself in new forms, but he wondered if it wouldn't hinder their weapons at some point.

He noticed several patches of the shell on the creature, on the places where the magic of Nova and himself did the work. Because he had nothing better at hand now.

((@yannes: Nova's just really angry. It's like 'if looks could kill' but I just said that he could have frozen instead.))

Nova spun around, slicing at the gelatinous mass. It let out a scream, and she jumped backwards again, holding her ears. She fell to her knees, and the flan smacked her. She reached for her sword, and sliced at it.

The massive wall let her go, and she scrambled away from it. She stood up, to see that the door was open now. As she noticed, she felt a healing spell on herself. Yani must have done something. She was thankful.

Nova turned back to the slime. She looked at the patches of leathery substance, and then at the rest of the flan. The thing was almost half gone, now. She cast another fireball, as per Yani's instruction. More leather substance appeared, but the creature seemed to be losing power.

Nova stopped to take a breath and shouted to Yani, "After you left, we continued to the temple. It was contaminated, so we went to a cavern. Elli disappeared, and her spirit came to me. I pulled my soul out of my body, and put Elli's in. Nathan helped me put my soul into my sword. We ran here, to meet up with the others. We fought some undead, and then came here. I went through the gate, opened it, and then we started fighting the jello-flan. That's when you showed up."

Nova darted back to the flan, and slashed at it again.

Nathan's relieved welcome and Nova's explanation of events cheered her up a bit, though she felt a bit off that they got to have fun while she was a home. She dismissed it, the fair side of her overpowering her devil side. It came with having eight brothers and four sisters.

"So the vamp's gone?" she screamed back, a bit disappointed that she couldn't spar with her. "Aw, man!"

Yani did not dwell on it and sent a Sons of Moon at Nathan, one at Nova again, and one for herself. Of course, now she was free, and the slime was bubbling up at her side. It snaked around her in tendrils and ultimately was thrown off by the sheer power of the shield. Ah, well.

"Light works, too, actually, but less than fire!" she shouted to the N duo, casting a huge Daughters of Sun. It seemed to be her favorite now.

"Well, Elli is gone, but instead, Nova decided whe wanted to look a bit more like a vamp, and I'm not talking about her looks"

The moment Nathan said that, he realised 2 things:

1. What happened with the polite talk he was used to in the castle? If he would have said that at home, it would almost have been considered as a crim to be so rude!!

2. He just made a joke, it was not his first one on this trip, and it wasn't a good one either, hut it still was a joke. A prince isn't supposed to make a joke.

"Sorry, I did not intend to make such a rude remark"

Lies, all lies, while he actually didn't intend to do it, he didn't feel sorry at all, he even *enjoyed* it

When Yani mentioned the light, he took his chance to summon Lumi.

A shinning white appeared and the slime seemed to draw back for a moment, suprised by the sudden appearence, but he started attacking like he did before after he got used to it.

Surpisingly enough, the slime tried to stay as far away as possible from the light.

Nathan ordered Lumi to go inside the slime, to see what would happen.

As suspected, the slime tried to avoid contact, leaving a void inside the slime.

Eventually, the hole got to big and collapsed, like if you would put to much air in a balloon.

small slime particles flew around everywhere, it was an effective way to defeat the monster, but not a very favorable one.

He decided that Lumi would be of better use to chase the tendrils away, so the others didn't have to worry about them anymore

Nova felt revitalized again. That Yani sure was good with magic. She sliced off another tendril, and listened as the prince made a very rude joke. She turned, growled, and jumped at him. She punched him, right on the nose. She growled again, and turned. She sliced at it again, watching the light kill the monster.

She put her sword back in its place on her belt. Nova walked over to the leather, and picked up a piece. She bent it, and she put a piece in her bag. Maybe it would come in handy later. Nova turned, and called Faeles to her.

"So, do you want to wait for them or go deeper into this cave? We can't go on without them, no matter how much fun it would be." she said, sitting down to clean her sword. She stared at the stone in her pocket, and touched the slime. The stone was recharged, and her sword seemed to be stronger.

"What~~ Princey-chyan, you should see me and my siblings~~ Loosen up, big guy~~!!" Yani grinned at him, letting her true age show. She needed to trust her companions so opening up was the first step. She outright laughed when Nova punched him on the face, "Ahahaha~~"

While Nathan summoned a light-creature, Yani took that moment to destroy her share of slime. Nathan had already hacked the slime into pieces (Ew) so Yani decided to go to Nova. Nathan was going to finish and she could lend a hand if needed.

Using the soft essence she had absorbed, she transported to Nova's side.

((uhm... you guys still are next to me right? Nova never left the room, unless i missed soemthing, so did yani just transport herself for a few steps?))

((Yes. Yani loves transporting, so she doesn't care about walking. Obvious in the return; she could have easily used essence to track you, but opted for transporting herself. XD))

Nathan saw Nova's ayttack coming from miles away, but he coudn't really do something.

he held a sword in the one hand, and his body was covered in metal, so he couldn't really fend of the attack without hurting her.

He was surprised she actually managed to hit him though *considering the helmet*

Luckily he didn't break his nose, it was only bleeding, although it did hurt a bit.

The balming stone in his armor, which closes bleeding wounds on the surface, started working, and with a weird, itching feeling, it stopped the bleeding.

The stone was the main reason he preserved his natural beauty, and didn't stain it with ugly scars.

He decided not to tell about the stone, Nova's reaction didn't really deserve it, however, he wondered why Nova even seemed to care how he thought about her looks.

Nathan threw his mana stone inside Lumi. The spirit got inside of the slime again.

The slime was drawn to the magic-absorband abilities of the stone, and repelled by the spirit. Eventually, the stone won, and the slime dissapeared completely.

"Well, this is intresting, the slime filled my stone completely, and if I recall, the rune on Nova's stone was brigt as well, i have never seen so much mana in one creature."

"I am no expert at this, so correct me if I am wrong, but as far as i know, slimes are not magical creatures, not do they have any magical abilities. I have never fought a slime before, but after we beat it, or at least stole all his magic, all the goo dissapeared. Could it be that this slime was not natural? Maybe it was a summon, or just an illusion, created by a protection spell? or am I just going mental?"

The sun was now shining brightly, and this remembered Nathan to the fact that the gates where still open.

"let's see if I can get this thing working again... it is as I feared, it is a rather complex charm. I could close it by using the lockdown function, but if I do so, there is no way we get this thing open again on the normal way.

What shall I do? Lock ourself in, safe from the undead outside? or keep this thing open? We know there are other exits out of here"

Elli's feet touched lightly down just outside of the gates. With a sigh she towards her former companions, then out the other way. A steady stream of undead was coming out of a cave and quickly approaching the gates. Elli closed her eyes and summoned the two remaining spirits. They swiftly suffused the gears and the gates began to turn back in. Elli then took one of them and sealed the gate with its essence.

With a grimace at the amassing army, Elli drew the last soul around her, shielding her from all sight, and teleported past the gates. Staying in the shadows, Elli approached Nova from behind and grabbed out her soul, replacing it with the skeleton's soul she had wrapped around her. Then, seeing Yani looking at her, she put a finger to her lips, wrapped her own soul around herself, and disappeared.

((I had to edit. This post is all nice now. I didn't notice iPink's post.))

"We need the others. Much as I hate needing help, if the three of us, no matter how powerful, went in there, we'd be dead. For real. Not that I can technically die..." she said with a dark laugh.

Nova stood up and walked to the slime again. She stared at it, and then at the passage ahead of her.

"That thing? Definitely a cave denizen. Probably thought we were food. I'm sure I would have tried to eat us, too. I'm going in farther... and whoever can should close the gate. If you want to come, then come. We won't go very far, maybe two hours run, but that's it. Where are the others? Taking a walk on the beach?"

Nova got angrier, and began to run into the cave ahead of her.

---

Nova ran for about thirty minutes before she stopped for a break. The cave was dark, dank, and nasty smelling. She heard someone speaking a bit farther ahead.

"What took you so long?"

"We were waylaid."

Nova heard the voices, and they were coming closer. She put her hand on the hilt of her sword, just in case, and she crept forward, sticking to the shadows. She rounded a corner, and jumped backwards.

"GAK!" she shouted, thoroughly surprised to see Taemin, the hunter, and the seer. She was also surprised to feel total emptiness inside herself. She swung around, and saw o one standing there. She looked at her hands, which were still bone white. They also appeared to be bonier than before. Elli must have had something to do with this, or she would not be somewhat skeleton-ized.

"What a pleasant little reunion." Nova said, with a strange note in her voice.

((Hey, sorry to say, but I'm taking a long break from AM, and I have to leave this RP- I don't know for how long. Those with my character in the caves can just consider Rabelde "went missing" or something as I'm too busy to think up of an event that causes him to leave.))

Glancing behind to check up on the others, Rabelde noticed an irritated expression on the newly arrived dancer. No doubt, he was not pleased with what Rabelde had said to them earlier, but frankly, Rabelde didn't care.

Huh. If you'd come here sooner, you probably won't have to face that beast I saw you fought earlier...

Not caring to voice his thoughts, he turned away and advanced, leaving the others behind. Squinting his eyes to get a better view in the dim caves, he saw a narrow passage that could easily be overlooked. Sure that the others would not follow him there, he entered.

The passage led to a vast chamber, which, in contrast to the rest of the caves, was brightly lit. Rabelde had to dis-activate his light rune, for it was so bright.

Enthralled by the chamber's brilliance, Rabelde forgot about the rest- his quest, his team mates, and everything else. He stretched out his hand and reached for the light's source.

With a burst of brilliance, the brightness' intensity suddenly increased tenfold. Then, as if its energy was used up, the white light extinguished, disappearing with the rogue mage. The only thing left in that mysterious chamber was pure blackness.

((@adept: OK.

@iPink: Sorry, I'll edit my post again so that I'm not seeing you.

@yannes: She didn't check the slime's remains, just walk over to where it was last.))

"Hey, are you two the only fellowers to this cave?" Gabriel spoke, trying to let out the awkwardness. He noticed that the youngs seemed not happy with that. He glanced to Rabelde, who had acted that coldly. He understood that they were slow, but, that's how that mage had seen when he went after that noises, right?

"So, could you tell me about the splitting team?" Gabriel asked again.

((in my post, i thought it'd be better to still acknowledge Rabelde, since I've been with him. For the two, it's alright to you to make it's clear that he went missing.

And one point, that i've also been busier to have time to visit AM, so you don't have to wait so long if i don't reply.))

Yani pranced behind the N duo as they talked with the hunter and the dancer. She frowned when she heard the hunter only ask about Nova and nathan. "Hey! I'm here too!"

She drew herself up to full height, a...frightening...5'0".

((diamondmist, i love you XD "full height, a...frightening...5'0"" XD))

((y'know, it just occured to me that Taemin doesn't know anyone besides Yani and Leyla and possibly Elli by name...)

Taemin was about to tell the hunter that he had no idea what the other team was doing or where they were when a young, female voice declared,

"Hey!I'm here too!"

"Aish!" Taemin squeaked, jumping and tripping over a rock. There was no graceful flip that time--he landed kerplunk on his back on the ground, eyes wide and looking mostly terrified. He started to laugh when he realized it was Yani.

"Oh--my--Gods," he laughed. "Don't do that again, Yani!" He expected some cold comment, or maybe a laugh at his lack of professionallism from the mage--nothing came. He glanced around uneasily.

"Um...did we lose one?" he asked.

((YUFFIE: i'm confused--this gate that you're trying to open, is that attached to the caves? ...i don't suppose you could draw me a quick map of the way you're envisioning this coming together, could you?))