Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mopiece

Alcohol on campus?

I feel that if they do allow the restaurant to serve alcohol, they shouldn't serve anything other than breezers xP As it is, alcohol is injurious to health if taken either regularly or in large amounts, or both! Few people care about rules anyway.

Besides, drinking is a bad habit..almost equivalent to smoking. It shouldn't be encouraged. Anyways, it is a matter perspective and this is just how I feel. Having a few drinks on account of occasions is okay. But definitely not on a frequent basis x.x

@valky: even though drinking is bad, it shouldn't be stopped persay. That's what the US try to do in the Prohibition era which was an utter failure. People will drink regardless of all the health memos about how bad it is for your health. The best you can do is deal with the symptoms since you can't strike at the origin itself.

@ KTC - That's true. There are a few drinks though, which contain a small percentage of alcohol and are not as harmful. The others however, are the ones more commonly had +_+

Nick wrote:

The point of drinking is to get drunk, or at least buzzed.

... I can't agree with that. I have a glass of wine occasionally, but I don't do it to get drunk or buzzed. Or I'll have a drink when I'm out with my friends- but I only have one, which really isn't enough to get buzzed on. I drink because I enjoy the taste of things.

Of course, a lot of people only drink to get drunk, especially college age. (Or, at least, that's the common perception of college students.) Still, with the right mindset, I don't see why having a bar/restaurant that serves drinks on campus should be a huge deal.

Clashing with common perception: I'm proud to be a college graduate who doesn't smoke, party, or drink lol.

(hmmm, I'm boring yay :3)

I must be boring too, then. XD No smoking, no partying, little drinking... Yay for going against stereotypes?

I honestly never saw what the big deal was about drinking, partying, smoking... I just don't get it. Maybe because I'm a bit of an introvert, and a lot of those things start out socially??

I think teenagers/young adults see it as a trend that's been going on for quite a long time and probably it's considered what they call "cool" XD

Not too cool though when you drink so much you puke, especially those who aren't able to cope with the strong liquids.

I drink occasionally to, same as Ashen. I prefer vodka though XD But I have just a little bit.

I personally haven't liked the idea of alchohol for as long as I've been alive. Every form of it smells God-awful to me, and I don't even know if I'll drink at all on my 21st birthday. It just seems so...overrated. I have a pretty stressful life already, but I don't think that I'll ever need any sort of drug to calm myself down. That's what my new, comfy couch is for.

That being said, I guess there isn't too big of an issue of it being at colleges. My only problem is with the thought of a college kid making a bad decision to drink and drive, and someone else getting hurt because of it. Still, I think a lot of kids nowadays are responsible enough to make a good decision.

Is what I'd like to say. But, there are some worrysome ones at my school. The thought that irresponsible people like that would have an opportunity to possess alchohol soon is rather frightening.

I guess I didn't make any sense. Basically, I don't have any reasons to say yes, but I don't think that saying no will do anything.

KTC wrote:

Clashing with common perception: I'm proud to be a college graduate who doesn't smoke, party, or drink lol.

(hmmm, I'm boring yay :3)

You missed your college experience! D: Come see me and we can remedy this.

@theone: I keep my body away from the harmful effects of tobacco/alcohol and my head away from the headaches that are parties/clubbing/large groups of people in a small enclosed space.

That works perfectly fine for me :)

(Sides, genetics are against me when it comes to alcohol/tobacco anyway lol!)