Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Moonsong

Jewelry,accesories and few several things banned in schools?

God stop being so attach to items.

Are you a Cancer? (Yep gotta be the only explanation... either that, or a Virgo or Libra...)

And you can't compare jewelries to HD tvs. It's like comparing it to a bread; you could keep a jewelry and it'll still be the same but you can't keep a bread since it'll expire.

That's not the explanation, I'm Aries, 14th of April. Not to mention I consider it silly when I see people having tons of accessories in boxes, and when I ask why don't they wear it, say they're afraid to don't loose them/ get stolen. It's the same as saying that you won't pick up a baby because you're afraid to drop it. And SNAP! I won't, I will keep being attached to them since they're important for me. May this be because you once lost something important and want to keep everything safe since then?

it is. They're too fragile and you afraid in losing them. Keeping/treasuring jewels/important things is good. Sure, not using it for once is bad, like they're meaningless thing. But, like i said, exaggerating over something is no good. Drop it from school can't be really this big. That's it. You don't want to see them unused? You'll use them, that's for sure. But not in school.

How can you loose a baby? Never mind... They are not meaningless, a object carries it's meaning with it, do you understand? You can't extract the "meaning" out of an object, put it into a bottle, and put a tag on it saying "Meaning of x bracelet".

Eww I knew my worst nightmare would come true! Since you're argumentative, I was afraid you'd be an Aries... (oh well, at least Jackie Chan gives us a good impression.)

Anyways, yes and no. As I've mentioned before, I've lost several of my gifts and don't feel anything particularly. And I don't 'keep' them in a box just because I lost a few of mine, I just put it wherever in my room. Not that the object doesn't have any sentimental value to me, it's just I'm not materialistic.

The ban seems fine to me. It's not like you're gonna die if you're gonna part with your precious bracelet for one day geez. -.-

I really don't get what's the big deal.

They are merely banning frivolous accessories. And really, I think its silly for someone to go crazy just because they can't wear their favorite piece of plastic/metal/rubber to school.

Is this item something you absolutely have to have or you would die without it? And I mean that literally not in the metaphorical/exaggerated way people use it. That you would drop dead if they took this item from you.

No? Than it's a luxury item, not a necessity. If they were banning school items like pens, pencils, paper, notebooks okay we have issues because you need those for school.

But jewelry and other trivial miscellaneous items? That's fair game.

since im in the 7th grade i can help. in school silly bands is the current craze. butullies ue them to sling hornets (spit balls) to torture people. and some slap/sling them to hit their prey (the bullied victim). so thats why thhey are banded at my school. really i have been bullied sinice 3rd grade so i undrstand why certian items have been banned. plus jewlary is banned because it can be slinged but a silly band or get lost. same with phones and mp3 players (including one the buses).

@kenneth:

of course you can lose babies. They can die or abducted.

Meaningful items to a person usually make them sensitive of that thing, so they may ended up keeping them for secure, or bring them everywhere. Depends to what you are. I maybe wrong in there, even, meaningful items can be finally ignored, so then it makes them useless. Or likely, wearing it everywhere may also drop/increase its value to you since you have been with it every day and every time.

Extracting meaning of things:

see, meaning of those items also representate their function. For example: i give you a necklake because you like necklakes. So it means, i give the necklake in purpose; you may wear it whether you're going out with your friends.

I don't think it's that big of deal... Except for the fact that it seems like they are preventing just guys from wearing from wearing jewelry, make-up, etc. If this is the case, than that's sexist and wrong. However, if it's for everyone, then I don't see it as much of a problem.

@Ivana: and what's with the hatred for Aries? I'm an Aries (I don't put much stock in the zodiac, but still)! LOL

I don't see the problem with schools enforcing a dress code for students as long as it doesn't target specific groups.

For those who are upset about dress codes at schools, how will you handle dress codes in work places where they want employees to have a certain image or for safety reasons?

Actually for those saying its sexist, long hair for boys are banned in most schools but not long hair for girls. That's not sexist.

Boys are banned from wearing skirts and blouses. Is that sexist? No, its just that girls have long hair and wear blouses.

Similarly, earings are mostly seen on girls so I can see how schools can ban them for boys since they ban the above two.

P.S- Second Item is excluding Scotland's kilts

I think they're asking guys to not wear jewelery or makeup because they're preparing you for real life and any job worth having aside from fashion designer / makeup won't hire you if you're a guy and you're wearing lipstick, eyeliner and you have long hair etc. It reflects on character and they judge quickly. In the real world, people aren't so understanding in the job market.

I think it's impractical to have this sort of ban. Let's be perfectly honest here. Kids don't go to school to study. They go to school because they have to. And 90% of whatever you learn in high school is wasted material.

The purpose of school is to transition children from a safe, enclosed social environment, into continuously larger and larger social environments, until they get released into the real world.

The most important thing you learn in school is how to deal with people, peers, responsibility, and time management.

Well, now in schools here we should only wear black school shoes and black socks and the shoes should be polished and girls have to tie their hair in two plaits and if the plaits come below their shoulders, they have to make a double plait. Our skirts have to be below our knees and we can't wear long earrings, no cellphone or any gadgets and our hair has to be tied up in only black ribbons. We're also not allowed to have boyfriends or girlfriends and no nail polish either or any hand accessories. That's pretty much it.

Safety environments? Easy! Hair nets, you have a wardrobe, etc. But let's be serious, I am not going to allow the teachers to cut my hair! If that happens, that means war for me. Even if is against my beliefs. -_-"

@kenneth: you're going to start a war over hair?

Eh, wars been started over more trivial causes I suppose. *shrugs*

Last time my hair got cut I left few people with bruises and stomach aches because of the fists. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ATTEMPT TO MESS WITH MY HAIR! War nor literally,KTC. But it will be a long arguing...over that!

@kenneth: and as I implied in my post, i think its silly to fight over hair. But eh, people have fought over more trivial things so I guess I shouldn't be surprised *shrugs*

@ivana: wait, why do you get to read manga and I'm left with this supposed 'debate'? D:<

jk jk

Actually, I don't really get all this sexist comments and how its really bad/new because most school uniforms are inherently sexist to begin with. Girls wear skirts/dresses, boys wear pants. Yet you don't see people yelling for boys to be allowed to wear skirts or girls to be allowed to wear pants.

Unless you're saying you want to ban all forms of gender uniforms, its pretty hypocritical to be okay with uniforms but not with these accessories.