Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
XiaoQiao

About magical nature shield???

Jack has natural fire shield maybe he has been soft by Helga's magical cream. (like skin cream in av3). Why another character, especially Emma, has fire magical shield after fire attack on her???

when I go to Brimstone Underpass (fire elemental) or Shivendale wood (Red fairy). I'm try to have natural dark shied, water... and others by that way.

Okay, okay, I have an example. Jack john team and he has natural status is Fire Shield. It nature.

I go to brimstone underpass. Example Emma. Before the battle againts fire elemental, Emma's status is normal, after fire attack on her, Emma's status is Fire shield and never lost. I wonder why? shaz

Did you have someone conjure a Fire Shield? Or did you have someone use a Fire Shield Scroll? Jack shouldn't have a Fire Shield naturally. You'd have to put it on him for him to have it.

No no, I don't use any shield scroll. Emma's status has change after fight againts fire elemental. Emma's status: normal->Fire shield forever after this battle. I'm trying to change character's status by this way. (I want Dark shield forever because I want easier to fight nymph of wickedness)

There are some armor that provided shields for the character. What armor do you have on your party members?

And I don't think there is a way to give a dark shield forever on the party. You have to use scrolls.

Very interesting - I'm sure there's a reason, but I'd have to go delve into the game's database and code to find it out. I'll see if I can schedule some time on it, and let you know what I discover.

Off topic, can you please change your signature image? It should only be about 440x100 pixels (needs to be reduced in size and cropped, not letting the forum try and reduce it automatically, as sometimes it doesn't, and it distorts the whole page)

okay, after investigating, Mopiece is correct.

NONE of the characters have any default shields. The only piece of armor that can give a shield is the ice amulet, which provides an ice shield for the wearer. The only other things I can find that give a shield are scrolls, which only last for the battle.

I would be VERY interested to take a look at a save file, if you have one, showing Jack or Emma, outside of battle, with some kind of shield, where you haven't used a scroll.

Something else that could happen, is if they have more than one status, they are prioritized, and not all of them will show up. For example, if Emma had some kind of shield and was also poisoned or cursed before the battle, only poison or cursed would appear. If she then used something to remove the poison or curse during or immediately after the battle, then the status with the next highest priority would show.

For your goal, it appears the only way to give your characters Dark Shield is to use a Dark Shield Scroll. I don't know where you'd get that from ... Casket Hill, maybe?

No, I don't use any armor, any amulet... Just like it is immune shield after that magical attack. I will give you the save file later (now I'm looking for it), have it you will know!!!