Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
kipani

Are you afraid of death?

I've asked myself that question so many times before that now I really don't care much.

I won't mind if it will be painful and slow, but the thing that would hurt me the most will be watching the ones I hold dear to me suffer the loss of me. Sometimes you think that nobody cares about you on certaine days but the next you don't even have those thoughts any more.

I had a friend that died not to long ago who thought that every day until one mourning she got hit by a drink driver. When she was in hospitable I was the only one who turned up to say how lonely I would be without her. Then we both started to cry into each others arms because I was her only one that cared about her. About six that night she passed away. The sad bit about this is that her parents didn't see her in the hospitable at all.

After that it was a hard process to adapt without her. I know it hurt her more to see me cry over her than the pain from the crash because she told me so. So thats why I'm not afraid of death but the hurt it will cause to others. :(

I'm only afraid of death when I still haven't repent

my sins :D cuz I'm too scared to go to hell ROFL.

sometimes when I'm lost in my mind or like as if, the world is gonna die in my head then I feel like dying ._. But I guess living a life is better than sleeping in the grave =_='

I stopped being scared recently. I hope I don't sound like I'm talking religious mumbo jumbo or stuff, but after truly receiving God I am at peace. I stopped being scared of death. I'm a little worried at times, but not scared.

@agas: so you're hoping you'll be on your god's good side when you die and end up in heaven or something equivalent? lol

Assuming of course your god is the correct one, if there is/are god(s). But eh, kudos for having faith.

*waves an 'invisible pink unicorn' flag for kicks*

@theone: not unless you're talking about the hellfire preachers and other less...merciful denominations. For them, unless you follow their word exactly you'll burn in hell or something equivalent.

You didn't go to church? You'll burn!

You didn't pray? You'll burn!

You're part of _____ religion? You'll burn!

You don't believe in god at all? You'll burn!

You're follow Confucius? You'll burn!

(Person: but it's a way of thinking! Not a religion!

Priest: You're talking back to me? You'll burn!)

Yeeesh its not fun in their world. I like my 'evil' sacrilegious ways just fine lol.

@meroko: lol, i'm with you on the pain. I don't like pain >.<

@agas:

believers: yep yep lol. So you good believers got your work cut out ;)

No one likes atheists anyway so doesn't matter what I do lol!

@KTC: I know this is off topic but I heard that you can't draw girls...is that somewhat concerning with...um, pain?

@meroko: I don't understand your question. By drawing girls, you mean art wise?

I can't draw humans period. If I do, I prefer drawing males because there's less to draw lol. For a clothed male, you don't have to worry about breasts.

Nowadays, I mostly stick with photomanipulation.

I am sure the people whom I grief for are fine where they are, yet the thought of them being absent from my world fills me with sorrow. Likewise, my own death matters not to me; but to my loved ones it shall be an unbearable burden.

I don't care what I get into however. The only thing that bugs me now, is that there's a white pixel in the background of this very forum, by the tree above the house. But then it could be heaven or sweet everlasting dreams or even reincarnation or whatever...I don't care. It shall happen. So why fearing?

No, really, I'm pretty excited to know how I'll die. (Oh, weird me.)

Yeah, one priest here says, "People are afraid to die, but everybody wants to go to heaven."

Right? xD

@lumen; yet if that place doesn't exist, there's no point in wanting it :P

(I am quite happy to not have this impotent threat of hell/heaven over me, them being the major deterrent to bad actions and reward for good actions.

Feels great to know I'm doing stuff because that's just how I am , not because some invisible extremely insecure [understatement of the universe] man in the sky says so.)

Death is a natural part of life so there's no reason to be afraid of it. It's gonna happen and there's nothing to worry about it at the end of the day (ie no heaven/hell to worry about because they don't exist).

I honestly don't care if I die now or later. I would be dead and the dead do not feel. I do care if I die painfully/violently because I don't like pain.

There's no point in fearing your death because you won't be around to experience it.

regarding heaven/hell: Where does it say you'll only get to go there after you die? Pretty much all sins are things that feel good at the moment but make you really unhappy in the long run or hurt others.

plus, if you look up the meaning of repent, it's just a fancy way of saying 'stop it'.

so the bible = world oldest remaining self-help book?

@ryu:

sin = anything against god's rules. which is unfortunately too darn broad of a definition since you got xxx denominations telling one thing is a sin while xxx denominations say it isn't (homosexuality for example).

Edited to remove profanity, even the minor words aren't allowed.

~Mopiece

ok, skipping the controversial ones and the just-plain-made-up-by-people-looking-for-something-to-hate-which-is-in-itself-several-sins ones.

@wolfie: which would be... all of them? lol.

sin is completely subjective and depending on where you are in the bible, god condoned murder, slavery, rape, etc.

genocide: the flood.

rape/pillaging/murder:

Zechariah 14:1-2 (King James Version)

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Numbers 31:7-18

14And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.

15And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?

16Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

slavery: plenty of rules on slaves and when/how to sell/treat them.

women being worst than dirt: everywhere.

incest: Lot.

kids mauling: okay, seriously, do not insult a prophet. he'd curse and get some bears on you.

2 Kings

2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

42 kids? dannnggg. those bears must have been hungry.

seriously, old testament is freaken scary if you take it as the word of god and everything literally happened. As a mythology book, it's pretty standard stuff. As a 'factual' document? um no.

in retrospect, maybe those hellfire preachers have a point. Old Testament God is scary as heck. Good reason to lay low and be a good little sheep lol.

Must you make it so difficult not to reply in a smart-alecky way? Yes the evidence is pretty strong that god doesn't just talk to every yahoo who picks up a fancy hat and that those yahoos 'll still claim some sort of divine right to sin against all logic and reason, and sometimes even fool people in believing them, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I meant stuff like: Don't overwork yourself just don't be lazy; honor your parents; don't kill; don't cheat; don't steal; don't lie to hurt someone; don't get jealous of what others have.