Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
iPink

Man Tattoos His Two-Year-Old Son

Kind of silly to leave a lifelong decision up to a child in general, don't you think? Wait until they're old enough to understand it surely.

@kipani: than again, the parent shouldn't be making such decisions for the child to get bodily modifications either.

To be fair though, a piercing is just a hole that will close up. My ears are pierced and they don't even look it without an earring. So it's not really a type of deformation, because yeah, it can heal over and close up. Tattoos are forever though.

point being is that piercings of any kind are body modifications. It doesn't matter if said piercing can possibly close up or not.

And piercings aren't necessarily the ears only.

Besides that, piercings are painful, if only for an instant. Subjecting your child to any sort of pain that is not necessary willingly should be called child abuse, in my opinion. Tattoos are more permanent than piercings, but they both inflict pain on the child and are both decisions a child should have to make for themselves when they are older. It is not right that the parents should make those kinds of decisions for their child. =P

I find ear piercing acceptable. The reason being that as long as the holes weren't gauged, the holes can close up and basically be like the were never there in the first place.

I only say this because I always wished my mother had had my ears pierced when I was a baby. Mostly because I was a wimp and didn't want to deal with the pain at an age I could remember it. When they are young, they aren't going to remember an ear piercing. I say this because I asked my friends who had their ears pierced when they were little, and were -glad- that they did.

So... yeah.

Tattoos on the other hand are very unacceptable on a child. That will stay with them forever. It will grow and distort as the child grows. And even if you pay big money to have the tattoo removed, it can still scar and just generally 'not look right'. And the removal of the tattoo is often said to be more painful than the tattoo itself.

@kipani: I read about a woman who gave her daughter botox and planned for plastic surgery for the girl once she hit puberty. She said the botox would keep her daughter from growing wrinkled as she got older. The saddest part was that the little girl thought that she could not look pretty without all of these treatments. The physical abuse that girl took may not even be half as painful as the message her mother was sending her.

iPink wrote:

Besides that, piercings are painful, if only for an instant. Subjecting your child to any sort of pain that is not necessary willingly should be called child abuse, in my opinion. Tattoos are more permanent than piercings, but they both inflict pain on the child and are both decisions a child should have to make for themselves when they are older. It is not right that the parents should make those kinds of decisions for their child. =P

ok, that one is definitely child abuse (abuse can be emotional as well, not necessarily assault)

what is wrong with these people?

I still don't get the big hype created on this. People do way worse things to their child without going to your jail. Honestly, is a tattoo much worse than suppressing your kid's rights and being mean to him? At least, the tattoo won't hurt him and leave mental scars

Getting a tattoo hurts so the dad is hurting him. He may not get mental scars, but the cost to remove such a tattoo and the potential disfigurement due to growing up with a tat (the tat will be stretched with the skin as the kid grows. Depending on the size of the tat, it could be a serious problem seeing as he's only 2 years old and has quite a way to grow still) or success of the tat removal is something to consider.