Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
kipani

What does it all mean?

After high school, life just seems to go in fast forward. Monday becomes Friday at a ridiculous rate. I've got 2 kids, a 2 year old and a 5 month old. When I was in school, it seemed like I was just waiting for life to start, and now I realize it already has.

I'm from Detroit, but I moved to Prince George, BC. It seems to snow 6 months out of the year and there's never anything to do. Doesn't feel like I live in this place.. Feels like I'm dying in it. I've been waiting on my Citizenship for 3 1/2 years now. They've lost my papers, mixed them up, keep requesting things I've already sent etc..

The fastforwarding and moreover the kids really get me thinking depressing thoughts at night. I mean I have a friend who used to be obsessed about protecting children and I never understood why until she showed me a few cases.

Now I'M obsessed and really depressed about the things happening to these little kids and not being able to do anything about it. I also get upset about animals. I guess the only people I don't feel really sad for are old people, except when they deliver pizza to me or something.

And seeing some 90 year old guy walk up my porch to hand me a pepperoni pizza just makes me wonder, did he wait for his life to start too?

All I'm saying is get out there, follow your dreams and do it young. Also can anybody relate, or am I just a crazy person?

Eh, speak for yourself.

I'm just in it for the money XD

Protecting kids/animals: It's life. No point in drowning yourself over it. Join organizations if your so inclined.

Though for the love of everything unholy, don't be over protective of the kiddies. Too many dang adults get it into their heads that kiddies are these lil fragile angels who would break under the first sign of violence/swear word/etc. Annoying.

@kipani- You're describing my life. I can't wait for it to start, to earn money and leave the roost. Not to mention being a succesful writer, game maker and engineer.

Idc about that KTC, I played the most violent games and watched the most violent tv growing up. Seriously, crap like saw couldnt even make me flinch. But I think something musta changed chemically, because I can't watch anyone die on TV now, it makes me all AHHHH. I guess you go a lil crazy when you become a mom.

And yeah theone, it's started. Use the knowledge you have NOW to do the things you plan on doing. =p

Life's different after school. In school you're always hanging out, you see your friends at least daily & go out for ice cream or whatever, maybe play some cards. Basically, something fun happens every day.

After school, people get busy, they start working too much & break room talk is the most exciting thing that might happen some days. & that's why days start to blend together.

old guy w/ pizza: Thank you. I now know what I want my retirement plans to be. Never thought of delivering pizza before XD (not that I'll be thinking of retiring any time soon.)

Knowing life now, one will probably be in debt for a long time. I'm looking at 10 years at least, even with a doctor's salary (assuming I even make it to med school).

Yeah, I could buy a new car with what I owe so far. & I wouldn't even have to settle for the cheapest thing lol

with the job market what it is, I wonder if that would have been a better investment in the long run

@theone: university/college = expensive. 4 year UC kid with all loans = about 16000-20000.

graduate/medical school = even more money. over $100000 is typical.

@ryu: yep, hoping spanking new degree is actually worth something by the time I get out.

engineering would be more expensive then the 500 euros, unless of course you get a scholarship. And that price is only to follow he classes, you still need the books and other stuff