Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
theone

Since when did AM get so mean?

Yup. That is so true. I've read KTC requesting people to read her last post millions of times. Plus, she's an awesome manipulator of words

EDIT: HEY! You manipulated my words too.

I'm tired of spamming this thread. D:

And mostly it's just because people don't know how to correctly use what little words they have. I'm pretty sure she'd agree with me, but most people make themselves looks stupid all on their own. :|

@nick: heh, I agree with you for some debates, especially the ones where it gets people really emotional. There, it starts getting frustrating because you're no longer debating with rational people but arguing with highly emotional people.

Not very fun to do as it can lead to constant many requests to please reread the post and/or take a breather.

Also blunt definitely describes us.

@theone: how come ya gotta get used to me being a female? :P I haven't made it that much of a secret lol!

As for manipulator of words: naw, I just know how to ramble and rant in a manner that seems intelligent. XD

@kenneth: i'm referring mostly to the debates that degenerated into personal attacks (and I've been the 'target' of several of them. lovely.).

Those are extremely annoying and tedious to navigate through.

I can see why people can be pinpointed as 'mean' these days. I know that since this site is mostly kid-friendly, or is supposed to, members are obliged to act more friendly to other members. In other forums, freedom of speech is encouraged, but I think that we should really try to restrict our opinions a little here, or at least mellow them down a bit. I used to be a child. And I know how easily my feelings could've been hurt. After growing up, you know that life isn't always a bed of roses, but that's not what children think. If they joined this site knowing that there would be harsh comments and criticisms, they probably won't have joined. But we have publicized this forum as friendly and agreeable, and thus we must live up to the reputation. It's the least we can do.

Well I haven't been on for sometime, and yes I miss the oldies..although compared with prehistoric KTC and Nick I'm still a newbie, 4,5 years old newbie :lol: XD From these past 1-2 years I've noticed some changes here. The purpose of this post is not to offend anyone, so please if you find yourself offended by this post, accept my apologize. This is just how I see the things about this subject from my point of view, which doesn't mean I'm right...

I wouldn't say that the people are mean around here, at least not the old members. I believe that they act even nicer than before towards new members, which doesn't mean that they were mean before :D I believe that people do not respect the rules anymore like they used to. When they do something wrong and it's pointed out to them from an older member , they get defensive even if they know they're wrong and they need to apologize, but are too proud and tend to play on the "AM is mean" card. This doesn't refer to you theone, maybe from this thread it sounds like it does, I personally can see why you've wrote the things you did :) So where was I...oh, yeah "AM mean" card. People love to play this card game..and I think it works perfect, which is indeed sad :(

Take for example our huggble KTC :awww: :lol: KTC is actually one of the nicest people on this site. She always writes her posts based on facts, and well she goes all the way to the distance if she knows she's right, so don't try to debate with her if you don't have facts :D This is one of the reasons why many people (usually newer members) around here say that she's mean, which is totally wrong. I don't write this because I'm her friend but as a person that had a different opinion than her many times before. I've never thought of her as a mean person and I have never felt that I've been offended by her in any way. If I see that she's right, she's right and that's it, there's no point in crying on someone else's shoulder that she's mean when she isn't. Also, if she sees where the other person is going and that that person is right, she doesn't continue, because as I say and as all you know, she doesn't speak without facts. So please tell me again which part of her acting is offending and mean?! I apologize to KTC that I took her as an example ^^

There are many examples as well...and usually it's the similar thing...newer V.S. older or new V.S. new Amaranthian. Please don't judge this opinion o'mine. I have nothing against new members, I'm happy that Amaranthia is growing, but I'm disappointed of how some of those members act towards others. There are many examples of that kind of newbies which saw where did they go wrong and now are wonderful AM members..and I personally am proud of them, because they've changed...hey, they'd be my fav characters in RPG , they'd be those characters that actually grow and change on better through the game XD Of course there are many of those that never learn and after causing so much trouble around, they usually never come back...but the damage is already done, no?!

I don't know why many of the oldies are gone and probably there are many reasons: busy RL, finding something more interesting to do in free time etc. but I'm terrible sorry that some of them left because they didn't like how some of the new members act (the last one was told to me but at least 5 older members as a reason for not being on so much or leaving, I'll keep their names for myself since I was asked to not say a word, and since they are "ghosts" or on sometimes they can say who they are if they want) and that sadly Amanda and the team don't do anything about it. Wow I wrote another thing that can cause misunderstanding so that's why, even if it's boring to read it through this post, I'll have to explain myself once again, just in case XD

I have nothing against our queen and everyone else from our admin and mod team. Amanda is a real angel. She focused too much on the thing that newer members say, she allowed them too much, just because they cry everywhere that someone is acting mean only because they can't face that actually they are wrong...sadly the price was losing a bunch of good members...I wouldn't say losing is the right word...these members are ghosting around, even come on-line sometimes but they don't bother to write around like they used to, because they know that they'll be "attacked" sooner or later. We are all different people and we all have different characters. I personally have a terrible wild character XD And if I see something that I don't like, yes, I'll say it and I'll continue on if you continue on....There's an AM sister of mine that is goody-two-shoes and doesn't like conflicts. I was really angry when she said to me once that she haven't been writing around like she used to, just because of another member that acts terribly when someone else says something different from his/her opinion. Oh, the disappointment from those words..I still feel it deep... I was wondering and I'm still wondering how can someone enter within a conflict with her, since I know her 4 years and I've never seen her act unfriendly towards anyone... I figured that she is one of those characters that don't like to argue and act defensive and offensive in a game...totally different from my wild character XD Oh yeah, I was even suspended because I needed to calm down even if the other person was wrong...well we are great friends now since that person apologized and admitted that he/she played dirty.

To summarize all this: Amaranthia is a wonderful community in every way, and too keep it that way people need to respect the rules. Also always remember that if you want to be respected you need to respect others as well. Don't go crying around if you can't continue to play the game that you started, putting the blame on the person that actually is right in your situation, saying bad things etc... learn to apologize and don't be proud cause you'll look silly and more and more people will continue to dislike you...Yes Amaranthia is a friendly community indeed but don't forget that you need to act friendly towards Amaranthia first...that way you'll be accepted from the first moment in this world. I can never put the blame on older members, because I've been a newbie and I know how lovely I was accepted, but I've never acted the way newbies act these days...I don't write this as an older member but I write from a once-being-newbie perspective :) Older members are not gods and goddesses here, nor they have special rights that new ones don't have...older members are just people like newbies...so do not feel offended if an older member says that you did something wrong, but think about it. Don't play smart by playing dumb and don't forget that every time you "play dirty", you're causing trouble not only for the other person that you want to"set up", but for the whole community including Amanda.

I hope that I won't cause any misunderstanding with this opinion, I tried to explain all of the things that IMO can make some, but still an apologize if anyone feels offended. Once again,I have nothing against new people in general,only against those that don't do the things I've written above in the summarize.

Moony

I don't know if anyone mentions this but...

There's always the problem of misunderstanding due to language fail, leading to frustration and people getting angry for being misunderstood over and over.

And then the whole "text having no expression" thing I've been told about. Sometimes words meant to be delivered in a friendly way can come out sounding very condescending and mean as text. Text on the screen has no voice tone or facial expression after all.

I sometimes land into something furstration when I was having a bad moment and be a bit meaner than I usually are. I usually regret that later. I try not to post anything when I'm in a bad mood, but sometimes it happens.

@Moony- No one's mean to me. :P I see them being mean to others. Another thing I noticed with most new members is that they get offended very quickly. I remember someone telling a new member to change his siggie and was shocked to see the the reply. They started saying that the other member was not a mod and had no right to say anything and refused to change the siggie till an admin pointed it out.

Besides that, like I said before, such members are in a minority. AM is a wonderful community and overall, I don't think I've seen a single community with more kindness and more child-appropriate content. A 7 year old could read everything on AM and find nothing inappropriate for his age. In many ways, AM is more helpful than most other help-forums. I know I can post my problems on AM on a thread and they'll be solved immediately

@agas I totally understand and agree with you. I had a misunderstanding a few weeks ago on fb :D but after that the other person explained to me what he thought and why did he say the things he did :) That's why we need to explain ourselves just in case ;)

@theone (man I can't seem to find a perfect nickname for you XD) that's good to hear..I mean that no one's being mean to you ^^ and yeah I've seen that too, I mean older member pointing something to a new one and the new one being aggressive...in the worst case that new person will go after you in every thread and try and try to oppose you and flame you...

@moony- How about Theo? Reminds me how I find some small facts and post the opposite of KTC when bored. It's fun watching the reply. Ooops, secret revealed though I stopped doing that long ago

This is getting off topic.

Not that there was much topic to begin with.

Personally, I don't know anything related to this.

Except me maybe being a bit critical when people do the exact reverse of what they are asked to. But I don't really think that could count as a reason for this whole topic. The only thing I notice is people (Including me) in the collegium getting offended over criticism of their art.

Other than that, KTC deserves a hug for being AM's best NON-pet pet. :P

@matri: that's why, this thread came as a reminder that since we're not talking directly with tone and all, we should be more aware that not every comments/criticsm was pointed harshly, and also to remind us to not being mean for good.

one thing i do know that if you treat people the way you want to be treated good things will happen to you more offten. if not oh well you will have a load of bad luck til you treat people with respect.