Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
LikaLaruku

Darkthrop Prophecy needs more reviews.

Nice review, but Mel doesn't end up with Lars from Aveyond 1. She ends up with Lars VI or something like that - Aveyond 1's Lars' great-great-great....great-grandson.

Thanks for writing it, and for giving us the link :)

Aveyond has been reusing soundtracks? I don't think so. The only thing that has been reused was Field of Wind, and that track is sort of an Aveyond classic since Ahriman's Prophecy, so it's perfectly fine if it's just being used again. All Aveyonds have been using original music.

Some of the tracks are reused (the dungeon music, for example), but Aaron Walz creates new tracks for each and every Aveyond game.

Some of the music from Lord of Twilight is reused in later games because you visit the same places. And in The Darkthrop Prophecy, we revisited Clearwater, so the original Clearwater music from Rhen's Quest was used - I thought that was a nice touch of nostalgia ;)

Ah, of course I didn't count stuff like dungeon music, since those are clearly default RMXP ones. After all, it'll be pretty time consuming (and money wise too) to order tracks for every dungeon :D

I like how Field of Wind has been reused for World Maps, though. It feels great.

I don't know about you, but I finished all four chapter in max time of four day (that's mean I only spend 4 hour per day on it--LoT and TLO only takes me 3 hour to finished after all). I finished playing all the aveyond series (including AP) in a week with aproximately 4 hour a day, to finished all of them (actualy it only takes me 6 days but it still count as a week). Aveyond is refreshing--that was right, but it's not as challenging as other famous RPG (such as Final Fantasy, Tales series, and Suikoden).

I found the reason the game is devided into 4 parts is to avoid game crashed and burdening the downloader (sum up all the four chapter size and you'll relized that it's almost 500 mb--the sized of a movie), and it won't be called mini game anymore.

@Fuu

The game was divided into chapters because of the prices the portals charge. The game maker was losing profit, so she had to change how she does the games.

Amanda also didn't want to "leave" these characters after she did the first two chapters (which was originally intended as a whole, and complete, game), so introducing the chapter format allowed her to release what had already been created and continue along with Mel & Co, developing the story from one game to the next. Can you imagine how long it would have taken for the game to be released, if all chapters had been released as a complete game? Or what you would have missed out on if we'd gone with the original plan and released the first two chapters as a single game, and no more? :)

Yep I made about 20-30 songs for each Aveyond (1,2,3) with each one requiring more new songs. In all there are over 100 Aveyond songs! Sometime I should provide a full list...

You should make a poll, so we can see which ones are most popular ;)

I bet the dragon (world) music in AV1 will be right up there!