Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

While the Cat's Away (Newsletter)

While the Cat's Away...

Our very own Amanda, the Queen, Boss, Owner, and Overlord is moving! Yep, she's heading south and is now on the road heading for her new home... and doesn't have internet for the next couple days. Oh yes... it's time for the revolution!Oh peasants, rise up and declare ourselves free from her oppressive obsession with lolcats and cat weight lifting contests (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtPE2dxhn-A) and make some changes!

What pranks can we pull? Shall we paint Amaranth Games pink? Should we change the background on the site to declare us "Republic of Fool?" Should I submit and then have Shaz approve the newest design document for "Attack of the Zombie Ninja Dino-Robots from Space?"

Maybe we should just throw a giant party and trash the place! Who's good at making cake out there? Anyone have a limbo bar and a good dance mix?

If someone comes up with a good prank I'll do it! I really like the idea of changing the site background to something hilarious... but I have no artistic talent! Someone out there must have something.

Words from The Fool:

I can't believe Amanda is abandoning me to move to sunny California! What's wrong with our northwest rain, gloom, and obsession with nature? Who would want to live somewhere next to beaches, hot girls, and fancy dining opportunities when you can have jagged rocks, frumpy raincoats, and restaurants with names like "Pop's" and "The Woodsman" (Both real places near my house). I say this is a mistake! No Fooling!

Mwahahaha! The time has come!

TheFool and I with the keys to the kingdom ... everybody run! Hide! While you still can!

You might have to get your Zombie-Ninja-Dino-Space Robots through Alena first. Bet no-one's ever made THAT game before.

Have fun with whatever you decide! I agree with you. I have never been to California but think it would be nice to visit. I don't think I would want to live there though. Personally, I like nature, even if it is rainy.

Muhaha! I love this idea!! I would totally draw something for the background if someone comes up with something funny.

And poor Fool, there's nothing wrong with the NW! I would move back in a second. There's moss and trees!! And... moss... and trees...

ahaqojfaiejaob4q8uld, amanda's moving to california!?!? how am i supposed to come visit when i'm in seattle if everyone is in california!?

so! my class's senior prank was lame--let's do something good here! XD

people, people, if you want rebellion - then let's do it in organized, civil way. Let's craft a schedule, figure out a budget, assign resources... ;)

And yeah, I know that Amanda is coming because it's raining :).

Ha ha! I'm in favour of the Republic of Fool myself. Do it, go on! And a colour change scheme is nice. How about a beautiful shade of leaf green to match California's climate? (Not that I know much about it, but isn't it supposed to be semi-tropical?)

So there's only one thing for it. You will all have to pack up and follow Amanda to California so you can all work on your verandahs with your laptops sipping cool drinks and hold the occasional barbeque to celebrate the release of a new game. I suggest a moving feast where everyone supplies a course at their homes. ;)

@Tei: You can always visit ME instead :P

If anyone wants to put up funny stuff as the site BG, I'm always glad to donate my artwork :D I have the fanmade AV3 title covers if you want that for the lulz.

Or we could somehow spam the site with (D_A style) midget-bat-Gyendal:

width=300http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/ChibiGyforlogo.png[/img]

It would be funny if you people could change Amanda's avatar into this picture or something like that :D

:offtopic: I hope vampire-Mel doesn't die from all the sun in California :offtopic:

Hah, it's a bit of a project but if you can come up with a 640x480 background image declaring Amaranth Games is now "Republic of The Fool" (with some cute graphics, maybe a no-lolcat sign, you know... whatever you want) and post it here we'll get it online :D Sadly team rebellion lacks artists at the moment!

Gotta be quick though!

agas: as long as you're still in seattle-ish area, sure! i can't promise how often i'll be in seattle, tho--it's kind of a long way from connecticut XD

hmmm....a 640 x 480 background image? do you want me to attempt (and likely fail) at mimicking the style of of the curent backgrounds? (village, trees, etc) i could probably manage a "republic of the fool" sign XD

...of course, amanda's going to see this thread upon her return XD

This is AWESOME!

I really like the Republic of the Fool idea... I wish I could see Amanda's face when she looks at the site... Stupid California.

I'll try to make a background, but I need to know:

The Fool: What is your favourite colour?

EDIT: I'm going to PM you the pic... I don't want to stretch the screen in the thread.

TheFool wrote:

I can't believe Amanda is abandoning me to move to sunny California! What's wrong with our northwest rain, gloom, and obsession with nature? Who would want to live somewhere next to beaches, hot girls, and fancy dining opportunities when you can have jagged rocks, frumpy raincoats, and restaurants with names like "Pop's" and "The Woodsman" (Both real places near my house). I say this is a mistake! No Fooling!

I agree, what was she thinking? Sun, sand? Who needs it. I'd take Seattle rainclouds any day. But seriously, if you have to leave the Pacific NW, California isn't a bad choice. (I'd pick Monterey, myself.) I do hope she continues to draw inspiration from this area, though, as I can tell she's done in the past. (Ravenwood was one of my favorite places in the Aveyond games.)

I can't wait to see what devious prank you guys come up with! ;)

Got it, sent it over to Shaz for uploading. If anyone else wants to take a crack at creating The Republic of Fool background go for it :D We'll feature as many as we can!

The deed is done! Thanks to you both for the images - D_A, sending you a PM about yours.

(Amanda, when you're ready for things to get back to "normal", you'll find a backup of the css in the same folder ;))

i think this is childish but lets try not to tippie this place in toilet paper of pranks. come one lets just keep them minor and just put random backgrounds every where like the clubhouse have a toilet background and the games room have an underwear background. those will crack eveyone like an egg! :lol:

haha - er ... no.

Amanda would have to take it out of my pay then, cause she's not close enough to take it out of my hide ;)

Something about it reminds me of Super Mario Brothers...

By the way, if anyone still can't see the new background, try clearing your cache.

cool, California. North or south? North is way cooler than the south :P

*iz obviously a North Californian XD*