Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aveyond06

A little thought about for-sale games..

I mean that in Hidden Object scenes (when you have to find the objects) you actually get pictures of broken pieces and when you find them they mend and form an object you actually need in your quest. So no, it can't be a RPG, but most FROGs are IHOGs, in the meaning that they are also interactive.

I like games that might have SOME hidden object stuff so long as it's combined with a bunch of other puzzles (like A Gypsy's Tale, for example), but HOGs that are just one level after another of finding random objects (that usually have nothing to do with the story) in a scene full of other random objects are not for me. I've seen many a game where a potentially compelling storyline was wasted with gameplay like that.

It depends what I'm in the mood for. I loved the Big City Adventures because it was JUST HO screen after HO screen after HO screen, and that's what I wanted. But I also love IHOGs and FROGs, as long as the theme is right. I really dislike all the dark, sinister games that are filling BFG's catalogue - there's enough seriousness in RL - give me something light and fun to play.

@Kirroha, no, there's no royalty on the RMXP/VX RTP.

Slimmm, thanks for the FROG definition.

Those are wonderful ... much better than straight HOGs, IMHO. I'm always excited when BFG has FROGs (I always called them IHOGs. LOL)

It's good to be back. I've got a lot of free time now, which means I'm going to try and delve back into game design. Helping people in the forums is a way to increase my own knowledge and skill. (: