Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
XiaoQiao

The wonderful place Aveyond for everyone

This is a special cottage that has more pages, they contain many information about biography of characters, plot stories, guide...! Do you think what it is for Aveyond! You can join as free! This is an encyclopedia, but an encyclopedia for Aveyond, the wonderful place for everyone come!

Join the wiki!

Aveyond wiki at http://aveyond.wikia.com

Moving topic to Village Square

~Argoyle

I think someone really should pop over there every once in a while and make sure things are in order. The last time I went there, a lot of the information were... very misleading. We don't want new people to misunderstand, don't we?

Some problems I encountered in my last visit:

1) Some of the contributors still think that the AV 3 chapters are separate Aveyonds (AV 3-2 = AV 4, AV3-3 = AV5, AV3-4 = AV6). This is going to make even MORE people confused.

2) Spook's profile contains hardly anything besides "he is a thief who is Gyendal in disguise". Well, thank you for the spoiler, and we still don't know anything about the guy's other roles in the game :roll: Also, he dislikes "jealous people, namely Edward". Um. Really, now? ಠ_ಠ

3) Gyendal's profile contains nothing but a list of his spells and not only is it incomplete, but the information about said spells were all completely nonsensical. I mean, whoever made that list said that Gyendal stole the "Lightning Grid" spell off Lydia and Stella, but it wasn't as good as theirs because he is stupid. THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT!!!!! Oh, of course he stole those spells off little girls centuries his junior. And he's also been in love with Mel since he first found her a decade ago *spite spite spite spite spite* :x Geh. Come on, a simple "he's an evil vampire who wants to take over the world" is not THAT hard to type, right?

4) A whole lot of minor tidbits that technically could be ignored, but still. Like how daeva Indra is described as "the Dark Seer" in Rhen's profile. Seriously? Since when do the daevas have classes/roles? Oh, gee, I wonder if there's anything else I didn't know about them. Is Agas the Dragon King of the Eastern Seas? Is Nanghaithya the ex-Druid of Darkness? Is Saurva the High Necromancer? Is Zarich the Grim Reaper? ಠ_ಠ

5) Te'ijal's LOVE INTERESTS are: hunting at midnight, walking on beach, adventure, tormenting paladins, taste blood *nods* That makes a lot of sense.

It's kinda driving me insane...

Merged topics.

~Mopiece

well, why don't you do something bout it instead of complaining? :P

I mean this is a wiki and wiki's are only as accurate as their submitters....

Other wikis are probably updated by people who are less emotional about their topic and less likely to be overcome by those emotions ;)

LOL, emotional? I thought they're just being "I are random, squee! :lock:" :D

I guess some people just hate some characters with no real reason as much as I love certain characters for no real reason :P I think i can be grateful that I am sensible enough to still be sufficiently objective sometimes :D

I considered contributing to the wiki, but i really don't know enough about the games, and sicne i am kind of a pefectionist, I would pronbably force myself to replay all the games 3 times for every single page I would write to make sure not to say any nonsense, or incomplete info.

I will see how much time I have with college, and maybe i could at least edit some texts. Anyway, if more people would decide to work on this project, and there is some sort of tactic to complete the wiki (you do this and that, I do this, the info we will give is this and that, blanblabla), I mightcontribute more to the wiki :D

@agas: other wikis tend to have more members too lol. At least the ones I visit anyway (dragon age, mass effect, borderlands, etc)

I never use the AV wiki because the game isn't complicated enough to really need one. And unfortunately, AV storyline has a lot of holes where all you can say is "no information available". (Like explaining why the land masses move so frequently....)

Guide(s) from aisling/tini/generic free one and what I know is roughly enough.

The Aveyond Wiki has some really shocking errors though. For anyone to say that the Relation between Ahriman and Rhen is HATE! HATE! HATE! is really stretching the viewer's patience

@d_a: I think it's also because the background information of the characters and places in Aveyond aren't as detailed as some other Canons, so you can practically type in anything and nobody (other than the the Word of God) can really say it's incorrect. Yeah, and maybe the lack of visitors also counts. Some people think they could just post random theories, and nobody will notice- because nobody will see it.

I think the wiki needs to edit the subjects on the character pages, etc. Instead of trying to provide a huge amount of information that no one is going to fill in anyway, just keep it simple and provide the information that is needed.

@Rogue: Obviously. I'd prefer it if people do NOT write anything that is not strictly canon, but what can I say?

I'm sort of tempted to spam the wiki with Word of God infos, but then that wouldn't be very nice.

To be honest, I think the Aveyond Wiki should have a "Player Story" tab for people to post their random theories and stuffs. I know the Sims wiki have those, but then again, Sims doesn't really have any story on its own, do they? (not to mention that the site itself has more viewers/members/visitors)

D_A, did you write this? :D (I know it isn't you but...)

In the first game Mel saw Gyendal as a Villan who wanted to destroy the world and her and he kidnaps her alot of times although she always escapes with the help of her party but in the Lost orb Gyendal who is disquised as Spook a Street Thief from Peliad Woos Mel and acts like he really like's Mel.but then she gets trapped again and Gyendal shows Mel that he is Spook.but by the Darkthroph Prophecy i've found hints that Gyendal actully doe's care for her a bit but wants to rule so he tries to hide his feelings aside to get what he really wants.

@Rogue: Or like Tvtropes' WMG section, where people can spout nonsense all they want.

---------------------------------------

*sigh* It's really irritating to see nonsense put into wikis. I mean, as much as freely-editable wikis are, they shouldn't contain false info in case people who know nothing about the universe stumble across the wiki ಠ_ಠ

http://aveyond.wikia.com

----

Hello community, I have leaved Aveyond Wiki project for a long time, anyone, could you help me adopt the wiki. I need people who love Aveyond and know about some wiki technical or you have joined Wikipedia before... I could give you wiki bureaucrat and sysop rights, please help, I don't want to leave it in cold anymore.

Sincerely,

Xiao Qiao.

Aveyond Wiki http://aveyond.wikia.com

----

Hello community, I have leaved Aveyond Wiki project for a long time, anyone, could you help me adopt the wiki. I need people who love Aveyond and know about some wiki technical or you have joined Wikipedia before... I could give you wiki bureaucrat and sysop rights, I don't want to leave it in cold anymore.

You also can re-new it, if you can, try to clean up the contents, change the wiki to another better development way... Please help.

Sincerely,

Xiao Qiao.

(Please don't merge this with the old posts, thanks)

Thank you, An., anyone can edit the wiki, I really really need users that both love aveyond and have an experience about wiki and technical... I could give them admins rights if they have a sincere in development Aveyond encyclopedia project.

I will give the wiki to an active group, a group of people who love to involve and rise the project, and will be new admins there, they can help maintain the wiki, change the .css, theme, background, contribute contents, develop, change it to a better way,... I can help them in some issues and I'd love to visit wiki sometimes. I'm joining other projects and I don't have anytime for Aveyond, I feel sad about it but I would like to give the wiki to people who love to stay with it and community :)