Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Astra

A Wonderland RP?

Sounds fine to me. ^^ I liked Cassandra too, it's just, you know, it might get confusing.

EDIT: Ah, you keep editing the last post! XD XD

If you haven't decided on a name, I think tei and I were kind of hoping that whoever plays the Duchess would choose an Irish/English name like Maeve and Bryony. That's up to you, of course, but I was just putting it out there.

I kept changing my mind! I settled on Ariane, which is a variation on the Welsh Ariana which is similar to the Greek Ariadne. Its meaning is "silver" which relates to her silver necklace. This is as opposed to Bryony which is, according to different sources, either Greek or English (or adapted one way or the other) and means "climbing plant," or Maeve, which is Gaelic in origin and means "intoxicating." So they all match. =D

What I respond to

I was born under the name of Alyssia Grace Edelstein. But for now, simply call me Alyss, or "Alice".

Number of Candles on the Cake this Year

The last birthday I celebrated was 13, but that was years ago.

Let me check my pants

A girl

My reflection

width=500http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2009/245/4/8/Will_of_Abyss_by_Giuly_in_Wonderland.jpg[/img]

Who I am

I... I'm Alice...

My life story

Alyssandra Grace is the second daughter of Renee and Reid Edelstein. She have an older sister named Dayna Hope.

Now Alyss was born with a congenital disorder, albinism. Because of her condition, she cannot go out of house much; her skin was deathly pale and even as a toddler, her hair was white like snow, and her irises appears red because the low melanin allows the blood vessels behind to show through.

Alyss' family was dissatisfied with her. They had wanted a normal daughter, not a creepy, ghost-like being that can't even do anything right. To hide her existence from public, the Edelsteins confined her in her room. Day by day, Alyss kills her time by playing dolls and reading fairy tales and picture books her parents were kind enough to provide. But the lack of love and human contact causes Alyss to become insane.

She was rarely exposed to the real world, and her dreams and imaginations went wild. She began see delusions. One day she 'saw' her favorite doll running away from her and disappeared. In desperation to find it, Alyss ransacked the room she was confined it, not seeing her doll, even though she was holding it. She landed in a strange land called wonderland.

In this land, Alyss' defects does not affect her. She can run in sunlight, and she's not considered a weirdo. Alyss was satisfied, she was happy, but most of all, she was unstable. Her distorted mind causes rifts in the wonderland, and she was hunted down by the leaders of the kingdom of wonderland. She fled to a forests, where she hid. For years she hid and meditated, reflecting her conditions. Her influence to Wonderland became more stable as she understood it more, but she was still not sane.

The inert power within her awakens, and Alyss was no more. She... I am now known as Alice

My Rythm

Give Me More Of

Fantasy books, fairy tales, flowers, dolls and kittens

Take it Away

Kings and Queens of wonderland. Those who serves them

My Treasures

My white rabbit doll.

An antique looking glass.

Last Little Bit

Wonderland is my new home. I will do anything to make sure it remains that way

theAdept_Rogue

@Astra: You might want to make it more clear that the "Wonderful Objects" topic in the Hungry Boar Tavern is the Wonderland RP. I'm not sure that everybody knows. :)

@iPink: Yay, the sisters match! XD I like the name.

:.:.:

Anywho, I posted in the rp thread. *does a dance* It would be silly for QoH to be anywhere near the kingdom of spades at the moment though, when she thinks spades are out to get her. So... She's at her palace. And Chess... Well, Chess will likely be wherever there is action. Just for the heck of it. XD

What I respond to

Her Majesty Calysta Evellis La Fayette

All I can say is that it is the same as Cassandra's. We're- ugh- twins

Let me check my pants

They're the same as my sister

My Reflection

I'm much more beautiful than my sister- that, I can assure you. And I can be thankful that Cassandra and I aren't identical twins. But if you insist on seeing what I look like, here's a portrait:

width=300http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd162/zeldarell/Female%20Anime/Birdy_Princess.jpg[/img]

Who I am

I'm the White Queen, ruler of the White Territory of Chess, leader of the elven clans.

My life story

I was born on the exact same time as Cassandra- quite unusual, if not impossible, I know, but that's exactly how it is. Neither one of us is older than the other even by a second, and it is one of the factors why the Territory of Chess was split into two.

Yes, at that time, Chess was a single territory ruled by our parents. The government, however, was filled with problems dur to the hostility between Vampires and Elves. Everyday, they would fight, and everyday, they would complain about each other.

Cassandra sympathized with the Vampires, but I sided with the Elves. We fought about it, and it appears to increase our parents' worries. When we reached adulthood, our parents immediately abdicated the throne and disappeared to goodness know where without choosing the heiress.

So, of course, Cassandra and I fought again, on who would take their throne. After years of campaign and voting, and more campaign, it became clear that both Cassandra and I both have equal rights as the Queen- we are both females, we have the exact same age, and have the same capabilities as rulers. The vampires simply adore Cassandra, while the elves favours good old me. It is finally decided that the Kingdom is split into two- the red Territory, ruled by Cassandra, is for the vampires, and the white Territory, over which I rule, is now the home of the Elves.

Cassandra and I still fought, of course. Our dislike for each other have never diminished after all...

My Rythm

Nothing specific, really

Give Me More Of

Beautiful objects like flowers, laces and antiques

Take it Away

Vampires, my sister the Red Queen, her husband the red King, monsters and everything ugly

My Treasure

Amaryllis, a silver nightingale that can sing the most beautiful of melodies and soothe all pains and worries with it. A gift from my husband, Earl Cain La Fayette

Last Little Bit

I can only say, the combined forces of both the red and white territory is not that much due to constant civil wars, which is our disadvantage. But needless to say, I do not regret having those wars, nor do I believe our lack of numbers seals our defeat.

theAdept_Rogue

Well, I never got the time to post it here, and I plan to post it later on the first page, but the roleplay has started here, so please go look!

And if you noticed the particular illogicalness of the first post, then I apologize for it ^^;

When I made the post, I just had the Hatter killing someone and leaving, but then I realized that I needed to make a commotion to get things rolling, so I decided to have the clubs surprise the spades by ambushing them in the night.... But the scene didn't seem complete, so I gave them loud battle horns to make things more crazy.

Satisfied that this illogical attack made sense, I went to sleep.

.... And now I realize I haven't the faintest idea what I was thinking.

Adept_Rogue Also, since you're playing both the Red and White queen, I should tell you that each of them has a pet kitten, Red has a black cat named kitten, and White has a white cat named Snowdrop- both cats are Dinah's (Alice's cat's) kittens. I don't mind whether you make them pets or make it so that they can talk or something, just know that they're there XD

@Pink oh boy, lots of mentally ill people... Though I suppose Wonderland is filled with madness XD

it's beginning to sound like Maeve is the most sane of the Hearts sisters. maybe that's because she ran off to rule spades XD

@astra: i don't have any problem with clubs ambushing me. as long as you realize that there's every possiblity that they'll get their butts kicked XD

in other news, the two characters who we were going to have meet up and be awesome--would you like me to do that in my next post? i've set it in motion already, but nothing has to come of it if you wanted to save that for later.

@Astra: I'll make sure I'll refer to the cats next time I play the Territory of Chess (I plan to have them be able to show holograms from their eyes, some sort of a mixture between Mokona from Tsubasa Chronicle and 3 & 4 from the animation movie 9)

Oh, and I think someone should make a character for the Kingdom of Diamonds, since Cassandra plans to have it besieged. Unless someone is there to defend them, I can just conquer them you know... (I'm not counting Fayt at the moment because she's a double agent, and I suppose she can't really fight for a kingdom without indirectly telling the other side that she is a double agent)

@adept_rogue: we should have a diamonds assassin turning up shortly. i'll go poke her again. unless you're talking about royalty, in which case i can't help you.

Well, diamond is the ninja country in the war- no one knows much about it, so if someone were silly enough to invade them, they'd have the advantage. Even though they don't like fighting doesn't mean they don't know how.

Plus, just because they don't have someone sentient playing them just yet, doesn't make them any less of a country, it just makes them autoplayed characters... at least currently, until someone does take a role in that kingdom.

and Tei, I shall have to read the post, and hope my brain isn't too fried to come up with a response. ^^;

What I respond to

I am Annel (uh-nell) Lira Erinar, Ambassador to Donau from the Kingdom of Diamonds.

My age is irrelevant to my position and irrelevant to you.

Let me check my pants

If you could not see, I am female.

My reflection

I have long chestnut hair without curl, dark hazel eyes, and alabaster skin. My figure is tall and thin, and a wear a crown of white gold upon my forehead. I suppose some would call me a beauty.

Who I am

As I said, I am the Ambassador to Donau from the Kingdom of Diamonds. I am still in Donau at this time as I have been unable to secure passage back to the Kingdom of Diamonds. I have no ill will towards the people of this country, but this war has imprisoned me in the city nevertheless.

My life story

I do not wish to discuss my past. It is not pertinent to this discussion and it is my business alone.

My Rythm

I do believe I made it clear that personal questions are not to be tolerated.

Give Me More Of

It is not my place to want. I am an ambassador and my duty is to my people and to my country, not to my own self.

Take it Away

I speak for all of my people when I say that we do not want this war. It does no honest person any profit.

My Treasures

I do not begrudge anyone the use of these items, but their existence has only ever caused harm. The fact that I possess two of them does not change that.

I keep on my feet two fanciful blue-and-green slippers with upturned toes. I have found that no matter how far I walk in them, my feet do not blister and my body does not tire. They're far more practical than their frivolous appearance might suggest.

I am fearful of the other item myself. Locked away in my chest I have a kitchen knife that is drawn to flesh and has a strange blood-lust of its own. It will cut on its own and wants only to kill. I do not know its purpose or all it can do, but I shall not carry around such a tainted weapon.

Last Little Bit

I am a public servant. Please do not regard me as cold; I simply cannot afford to dwell on emotions when I so wholly devote myself to my people. I only wish we could have avoided this conflict....

iPink

Yay for the first Diamonds character! I'm rather proud of her; she's a different character than I'm used to playing, and I think I captured her "essence." I'll probably actually make her first post, as well as the first for Jane, tomorrow. :)

@Astra: which is exactly why Cassandra sent Vorpal to lead the invasion. His minions are powerful. Bandersnatch got strong senses, so it's difficult to ambus them without the Bandersnatch knowing about it first. Also, the Jubjub birds can fly, whereas the 'ninjas' can't :P Anyways, Clubs is invading Spades. Why can't Chess invade Diamonds? XD

@iPink: hehe... a character from Diamonds at last. jHope she's around when Vorpal invades Tidea.

What I respond to

I am Death. No, I'm not someone named death, I am Death itself.

Depends on how much I want to put. No cake in existence is large enough to put in the right number of candles after all...

Let me check my pants

Would you like me to show you? there's nothing inside though...

My reflection

width=300http://www.ps3.psu.com/media/wallpapers/Angel_of_Death.jpg[/img]

I understand that you cannot see my face, but I'm afraid that right is solely reserved for the dead...

Who I am

I am Death. Have I not made myself clear earlier, hm?

My life story

My... life story? LIFE story?? *laughs* Forgive me for laughing, but surely you are jesting.

My Rythm

I wonder...

Give Me More Of

I already have everything I need, thank you very much

Take it Away

Hm... what should I like to be removed from this world, hm? Life perhaps?

My Treasures

*none*

Last Little Bit

I once forgotten to claim a person's life, and because of it, he's still alive even though he should have no circumstances that supports his being to continue living. I still seek for him,of course, but I've been too busy lately to actually be able to find him...

theAdept_Rogue

Making another character, hopefully my last. I initially planned him to be an NPC, but... changed my mind. Anyways, his bio is in white text, so you must highlight to read. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I plan to write his future posts in white too, but I'll have to know whether that'll bother you guys.

@Pink I'm glad that someone finally has taken a diamond... But I do wish that people would write more for their dang life story section! >_<

@rogue Okay, I think having a grim reaper in the roleplay is overkill. I understand that there's a war and people killing each other, but you can't kill another person's character without permission, and I don't think anyone would give permission for the reaper to take their soul either.

Plus, having the literal power of death as a character in the roleplay is kinda like sticking a god amongst mortals. He's too powerful a force to keep the roleplay in balance.

Deleted the post for the moment, but I don't really plan to make Death be involved in battles. He'll just show up take the souls of NPCs killed by the characters here. Anyways, unless the players kill of their own characters, there's no reason for Death to reap their souls. I just created him because 'Death' is an important factor in Beast's past, so even if "he" does appear in the RP, he'll probably just follow Beast around.

okay, ipink, i hate to do this--but i have no intention of holding any ambassador from anywhere against their will without good reason. unless you did something to make maeve angry, she wouldn't keep you in donau against your will. how did you get there and why are you being kept?

@Tei: She's there from before the start of the war, and I never said that Maeve had anything to do with it. Apparently the Queen of Spades keeps in her employ some deviously corrupt statesmen who seek to use any method to further their political standing whether or not their queen is aware. Oh, and Annel prefers to take a rather more investigative approach to her job than most people like. ;)

@Pink I don't have a problem with you making a character from the kingdom of diamonds, but I do think that the queen would probably know if someone was being imprisoned against their will in her own capital city- especially for a prolonged period of time- and super especially if it was someone she employed who had imprisoned said person.

Even if they could keep it hidden, they wouldn't have been able to keep it hidden for a prolonged period of time- as you imply by saying that she's there from the start of the war- unless the Queen of Spades was completely ignorant or stupid... Of which she is neither.

Now if you insist on having your character be a prisoner, I have no problem, but make sure to work it out with Tei first. o-o

@Rogue, well I figured that, since the vague description of said character's past mentions death. That said, the force of death shouldn't be played by any one person- it's too godlike a power to make tangible.

If I had a better description of the character's past, I'd know whether or not I could work with whatever you have planned for him- as is, I'm okay with having Beast be pursued by death, but I stand by the fact that death itself will only be in the background, because as an actual character he'd be too powerful.

@Astra: Eh, I just wanted a reason to have her in Donau. I've changed it once again so that she is not a technical prisoner, but she is unable to leave the city due to the conflict. That should be good enough. XP

@Astra: OK, so I'll guess I'll leave him as an NPC the way I originally planned for him to be

Oh, and BTW, what's the role of Alice in this RP? I don't plan to take her, but I might want to refer to her, and I'd like to know how exactly does she affects wonderland.

One more thing, do you have the map of Wonderland? If the kingdoms are going to be battling each other, I think we need to know the directions the characters are heading...

@Pink, well, like I said, I'm okay so long as Tei's okay with it.... But why in Donau? How's she going to protect the Diamonds (whom I still don't think need an extreme amount of protecting) from the kingdom of Chess if she's in Spades?

@Rogue I'm planning on bringing in Alice's role later, for now, though, since I don't even have an idea how many characters will play out due to their vague life stories, I'll keep what her role is to myself.

We need to have something to have happen later on in the RP XD Cuz everything seems to be happening at once right now.

As for a map of Wonderland, nope, I don't have one currently. I could make one, but I don't have much spare time, and I'm in the middle of drawing Tai, Yue, and the King of Clubs as well.

If I don't have work tomorrow... Which I'm not getting my hopes up for happening, I can make a map tonight... Otherwise I can about halfway finish one....

I don't mean to inconvenience anyone, but my life is crazy and tends to eat me alive... often. o-o

@Astra: Well, all of the action is currently occurring in Donau, so I decided to start her there. She'll eventually find her way back to the Kingdom of Diamonds and elsewhere entirely, but since most of the characters are in Donau, I wanted her to be there as well. :)

width=300http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/XjapanloverX/misc%20y%20mixed%20anime/wonderlandmap.jpg[/img]

There's a link to the picture on the first page, it's easier to see everything if you click on that.

Hopefully this works for everyone. And it's not like the only cities or notable places in each country is the capital, I just didn't put any other cities because it'd have been too cluttered.

Lots of photoshopping. Brownie points for anyone who knows what this picture is actually a map of. haha!

Oooh, taboo in double posting! o-o

Added in the King of Clubs.... And now Tei, you see my motive.... errr... his motive... in sending an army bound to lose to the capital of Spades.... heh heh.

I originally planned for him to be dumber and more violent, but I realized that he wouldn't be a very good bad guy if he wasn't smart.... And currently no one even realizes he's a bad guy.... hee hee hee.

Oh, and I brought up Alice in his profile... But I haven't explained her purpose.... She's gonna show up later- if the RP actually gets that far XD And make things really really interesting.