Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Astra

A Wonderland RP?

I just updated the White Queen's profile (Life Story). Mainly just a summary of Chess Territory's history though.

Oh, and Astra, I'd like you to ask how you want the invasion of Tidea to end. Anyways, if you want an RP to last long, you should have a definite stroyline instead of simply giving a plot summary and let everyone do whatever they like. Because most likely, it would make the storyline chaotic, and the RP will die.

I know an RP that, since it has a proper storyline, lasts for three Seasons, each seasons with 50 or so pages (equivalent to around 1000 Word Pages).

Well, I don't want the Diamond kingdom to be overrun by Chess.

I made it so that creatures like demons and vampires and elves lived in 'territories' rather than kingdoms for a reason, and that was because they are more powerful than humans physcially and magically- so the only way to even out that strength was to make it so that humans had the stronger nations.... Plus the more powerful races fight and dispute a lot, so they're not crazy intent on overpowering humans.

I don't want that balance to be overthrown.

As for having a definite storyline for the RP, I do have things I plan to make happen, things to enhance the basic plot and make it more interesting... but I'm not a nazi who controlls every detail- what's the point of an RP if everything is already set in stone?

If someone wants to add an interesting twist of their own or has suggestions, I said many times on the first page that they could PM me, and I'd see whether I liked the idea and it could be put in the RP.

But that doens't mean I have every detail planned.... And really, it's quite impossible to do that anyways XD Especially when I only know the history of certain characters- I can't make any sort of plans for something to happen to them if I don't know who they are.

Which was why I asked for one paragraph minimum in the bios, not one vague sentence that basically says 'I don't wanna tell you'..... >->

What I respond to

Just call me "Lee". It's a surname, but only close friends and family may call me "Aidan"

Number of Candles on the Cake this Year

I'm 18, almost 19. Second year in University. Not that I celebrate my birthdays though, nor do I put candles on my cakes

Let me check my pants

Do I look like a girl to you? I take offense in that.

My reflection

I generally look like this. But I do have mild myopia, so sometimes I have to wear specs.

Who I am

I'm just a normal University student. Well, I haven't been attending Uni since I ended up, well, here; but I'm still quite normal, thank you very much...

My life story

A student's life is not that interesting, really- especially that of a full-time student. You see, I'm taking several scholarship/bursary programs (no, my family isn't poor or anything, but I've just cut off my relations with them for reasons I'd rather keep to myself), so I have to excel in my classes and CCAs.

As a result, I spend most of my time studying and the rest practicing for my CCA. Call me a nerd/geek if you like, but really, having to get high GPAs for 3 majors is quite a strain... especially when those majors happens to include the hectic ones (Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine and Chemical Engineering, in my case).

For the co-curricular activities, I'm taking Jeet Kune Do and Capoeira (some martial arts, they hold practices at least 3 hours a week- I only come for one). I also joined the Videography and Red Cross Club in campus, though I don't rarely come for any meetings due to my busy schedule (but I do take part in the events they hold, for extra credit).

I found myself in wonderland while recuperating from stressful exams in the San. I don't really remember how that happened, or how long had passed since I came here. Enough said.

My Rythm

I don't listen to music very much. Never paid attention to them anyway

Give Me More Of

Vacations, public holidays, class/club outings

Take it Away

Exams, term papers/thesis, projects, assignments, presentations, lectures, lecturers, extra lessons (the so-called school overtime), bills and other fees

My Treasures

I don't have any so-called "treasure", since I hardly ever buy anything unless they are absolutely necessary. However, my spectacles may count as one. Since I came to Wonderland, it started to show me visions of other places and the events happening there. At first, the sightings appears randomly; eventually, I learned how to control which part of Wonderland I want to see, and for how long I want to see those events (Pity I can't use it to see places in my own world, I won't need to miss my lectures and classes then. Even if the vision showed to me cannot detect sounds, at least I could read the lecturer's lip movement).

Another would be this tattered piece of Wonderland Map I bought from a traveling merchant for almost nothing. If you spill your blood on your desired location, it will open a portal there; and the portal would only open to the owner of the blood- whether that's a good or bad thing, I'm not too sure. The merchant I got it from probably did not know of this though, or the bloke wouldn't have sold it so cheaply.

Last Little Bit

I think I've spoken quite a bit, haven't I? Don't you think that's more than enough from me?

theAdept_Rogue

@Astra: Decided to try and make a visitor. Hopefully I'm not controlling too much characters. Anyways, he's not too developed yet, so I'll PM you if I wish to update his particulars.

Oookay... aaanyone have any ideas why it would be that I can only log into this site from internet explorer and not firefox.... cuz I like firefox a lot better than IE, as it just works better on my computer.... so uhh... this is frustrating. T_T

Uhh, nope, you can still submit it, I make sure to check this forum still whenever I can. Just remember that as the roleplay already started, you'll have to take that into consideration now when making new characters- so if you want this new character to be related in any way to another character, you have to make sure it's okay with them on top of making sure the overall profle is okay with me.... if that makes sense. XD

Point is, yes, you can still make characters.

Edited Aidan's profile- added his picture and one object. Might put on some more details later on.

Anyways, what is the timeline for this RP? And by timeline, I meant the setting of "our-world"; not Wonderland. I don't want my Outsiders to be bringing in stuffs too modern or too out-of-date that does not exist in the current "our-wourld" time setting

@adept:

Just so long as nothing from our world goes to wonderland. People jumping down the rabbit hole guns blazing would ruin the point!

but if masahiro and lee both went to college/were trying to go to college/etc, i think it's probably safe to guess that our world is probably just that.

EDIT:

behold, a new character. who doesn't have a picture. hopefully he will within a few hours--that's what i plan to do once i finish posting this.

What I responde to

Naesala is my name.

…are you quite sure you want me to answer that?

Let me check my pants

Male. I’m insulted that you feel the need to ask. It’s not like it’s hard to tell right now, you know.

My reflection

Well, that depends on the time of day, you see. Between the hours of Sunrise and Sunset, I’m a particularly handsome raven. Between the hours of Sunset and Sunrise, I’m a more human-looking creature. With very pointy ears.

As a raven, I’m larger than most. And, unlike most, I have a scrap of white cloth tied around my right ankle and a silver medallion suspended on the center of my chest.

As a human, I’m reasonably tall and reasonably muscled. My talons morph into very sharp, black fingernails that you do not want to find yourself on the wrong end of. My hair reaches just below my shoulder blades (mostly) and is typically braided to keep it out of the way. It’s a bluish-purplish-blackish sort of color, and—if I don’t braid it—is a tangled mess. I am pale and have very dark eyes—also a sort of bluish-purplish-blackish color.

The scrap of cloth tied around my right ankle when I’m a raven mysteriously moves—for practicality’s sake—to my right wrist when I’m a human. The medallion triples in size, but it’s the same medallion around my neck.

Who I am

I am a very pretty raven, obviously. *ahem* I’m also Queen Maeve’s personal messenger.

My life story

I suppose it doesn’t take a psychic to tell that I did not hatch from an egg. Although I suppose it’s fitting that I’ve been cursed into a bird, because my old uncle used to call me (and would, I’m sure, continue to do so if I were to run into him) “nestling.” And if you dare try that, it will be the last thing you do. *pointed glare*

Yes, I was cursed into the form a bird. By a wicked Enchantress. Let me tell you, that was the last time I ever went to Clubs—whoever told me that there were next to no skilled magic users in Clubs should be very glad that I haven’t found him again, or I would—never mind that. So anyways, I got turned into a raven.

At first, I could only force myself from bird form back into human form for very short bursts of time, and it was very difficult, very painful, and very tiring. It was also very difficult to speak.

Queen Maeve of Spades is known for welcoming “creatures of darkness”, so I flew to Donau. An old sorcerer was able to reverse the curse enough that becoming human for short bursts of time was no longer painful, and I could speak, but he also made it that—although I would be a bird by day—I would resume my true form by night.

At first, I dreaded the day and hated the fact that I was only able to interact by night. When I was tired. But one day—as I was poking around the castle gardens for something interesting to eat—I came across a young demon girl named Yue. She took an immediate liking to me—I guess she takes an immediate liking to most animals—and asked Queen Maeve if she could keep me. Maeve shrugged and said “sure.”

They were surprised, to say the least, when I flew off Yue’s shoulder and shifted into human form, just to prove I could.

Since receiving the scraps of the bed sheets, I’ve grown to enjoy being able to shapeshift. I’m even almost decided to stop hunting that enchantress who cursed me.

My Rhythm

Maeve sings so much that I’ve lost track. “I Will Not Bow,” by Breaking Benjamin, maybe. I don’t know. Maeve sings a lot. “Fake it” by Seether is also quite good. Nothing sappy.

Give Me More Of

I cannot believe that I’m about to admit this, but Yue makes (or knows where to find) a type of honey bird seed that I absolutely adore as a raven. *flinch* I cannot believe I just told you that.

And I like shiny things—that must have come from being a raven, because I was never nearly so distracted by them before. Especially as a raven, I have what Masahiro refers to as “attention deficit OOOH SHINY!” It isn’t as bad as it used to be, though, now that I have a shiny medallion that I wear all the time. …What? Don’t look at me like that! Where else would I have gotten the gold to pay that sorcerer, eh? You’d be amazed at the number of coins people drop!

Take it Away

Clubs. I bear a strong grudge against Clubs.

I also don’t like it when Sunrise or Sunset comes too early—I haven’t yet fallen out of the sky due to turning into a human, but I’m sure that it’ll happen sometime.

I don’t take to well to anything that preys on ravens, either. Big cats make me nervous.

My Treasures

Remember that scrap of cloth on my right ankle or my right wrist? That is very important. Maeve took it from a set of bed sheets. It allows me to go days on end without sleeping, without impairing my skills. The downside is that after about a week, I lose all semblance of strength and I’ll have to sleep for onward toward two days to regain it.

Last Little Bit

I tend to look after Yue—since she’s the one who found me and she’s the one who feeds me—much to Tai’s dismay. You see, Tai is under the impression that ravens (although he insists upon calling me a crow) peck out peoples’ eyes. For the record, eyes taste awful.

I also wear a cloak made of black feathers. This cloak shifts into wings, enabling me to fly in human form. Don't ask me where I got it or how much it cost--all I'll say is that it pays to have connections in Donau.

Tei

What I respond to

My name is G. Liam; 'G' for Genesis. If you want to call me, though, you can just whistle- given that I'm at hearing range of course

What candles? I don't put candles on my cakes... Wait, if this question meant what I think it means, I'm not answering

Let me check my pants

Female, obviously. Come on, don't I look like one?

My reflection

See for yourself. I know you are not blind

Who I am

I am a member the wolf pack, as you can see. But if you mean my occupation, well I currently work as the assassin for Diamonds

My life story

When I was a [d]pup[/d]child, I went astray during the Hunt and got separated from my pack. After wandering through the Ante Desert in search for them, I found myself in Tidea. The people there were nice though, they took care of me and even helped me find the pack.

Now that wars are raging, I decided to return their favor by serving them.

My Rhythm

Take it Off- Ke$ha

Give Me More Of

Meat, especially rare or half-done

Take it Away

Cats! I hate cats and all felines.

I also stay away from chocolates. I don't know how people here love it. Chocolates are bad for health.

My Treasures

My bow gun. Aside from being able to shoot multiple arrows at once, this bow-gun responds to my thoughts. The arrows shot from here can change directions and move freely to chase its intended target.

Last Little Bit

Offense is always the best defense.

theAdept_Rogue

What I respond to

My name is G. Liam; 'G' for Genesis. If you want to call me, though, you can just whistle- given that I'm at hearing range of course

The last time I celebrated, it was 17 human years, but that was quite a long time ago, and since I've lost track of time, I'm not sure exactly how long is that.

Let me check my pants

Female, obviously. Come on, don't I look like one?

My reflection

See for yourself. I know you are not blind

Who I am

I am a member the wolf pack, as you can see. But if you mean my occupation, well I currently work as the assassin for Diamonds

My life story

When I was a [d]pup[/d]child, I went astray during the Hunt and got separated from my pack. After wandering through the Ante Desert in search for them, I found myself in Tidea. The people there were nice though, they took care of me and even helped me find the pack.

Now that wars are raging, I decided to return their favor by serving them.

My Rhythm

Hmm... I think

Give Me More Of

Meat, especially rare or half-done

Take it Away

Cats! I hate cats and all felines.

I also stay away from chocolates. I don't know how people here love it. Chocolates are bad for health.

My Treasures

My bow gun. Aside from being able to shoot multiple arrows at once, this bow-gun responds to my thoughts. The arrows shot from here can change directions and move freely to chase its intended target.

Last Little Bit

Offense is always the best defense.

theAdept_Rogue

Alright. I know this is already my 6th character here, but I noticed that there's practically no characters to defend Tidea from Chess' invasion, and I think it will be more exciting if there more opposition in the other side rather than just a bunch of NPC soldiers. I can't use Aidan as the role of the defender because I want him to remain unaffiliated.

... Well, as long as you can handle that many characters, I guess I don't mind... oAo but that sure is an awful lot of characters....

I've been considering making someone to put into diamonds too, but currently the plot I have rolling involves hearts and spades more heavily than the others right now- they're gonna get more involved later in the anti-clubs agenda if all goes well... Buuut, that means I can't make any more characters, cuz I make monster posts ^^; And I've already gotta bring in Alice eventually.... but not yet.

I was considering having clubs- what with his map and all- send some people into the Red Queen's territory while her army is away at diamonds- that way either the White Queen would be forced to help her, or the Red Queen would lose the invasion and be overpowered because they somehow caught wind of the fact their Queen was in danger... Though how, I'm not entirely sure. Either way, it'd get them mad at Clubs, which is good.

whee~ another character~

What I responde to

Desiree- but I’m also a maid at Hearts Castle! Which of course means I often go by ‘do this’ or ‘hey you’.

Let’s put it this way: I look darn good for my age! If you’re asking for exact numbers… well… I might be a maid, but I’m pretty snazzy with forks… and aiming for eyes….

Let me check my pants

I wasn’t aware that maids wore pants… hmmmm…. I’m definitely female, I can assure you of that one!

My reflection

Pic link here.... Or a good description

Who I am

Really, I’m just your stereotypical hardworking maid- I’m generally a pretty kindhearted and warm person- and being a maid and all I’m a bit OCD about neatness and organization …. Buuuuut…. Well, spending the past seven hundred or so years as the Hatter’s sister has brought out a more witty side of me. Now I’m a kindhearted but witty maid with lots to say who knows how to sling kitchen utensils like ninja weapons! Yep, just your everyday maid in Hearts!

My life story

Letsee… how far back are we going? I mean, my family has served Hearts Castle as maids and butlers since the dawn of the kingdom- but servant work probably isn’t nearly as exciting for you as it is for me… And I’ve been doing servant work for quite a while now- I think being around objects makes one live longer or severely slows down aging!

Ooh, the objects, that’s a good place to start! You see, right as I was starting my career as a maid, a man was caught and imprisoned in Hearts Castle- back then we didn’t really have much in the way of prison cells, so he was kept in a room- one which I still got stuck cleaning… -coughs- anyways, I was pretty nervous about having to clean that room, considering the man inside of it had been imprisoned due to going on a bloodthirsty rampage… But while in there I ended up talking- because I tend to babble when nervous- and eventually got the guy to open up a bit. He turned out to be pretty nice beyond the whole cold hearted narcissistic grumpy nutshell, and we ended up becoming close- close enough that we considered each other brother and sister, even if not by blood.

It wasn’t long after that that the man ended up serving Hearts as well, taking up the title of ‘the Hatter’ and giving up his old name… Little old me just stuck with maid duty, but Brother visited me often enough that I didn’t mind his work too much… Back then the Kingdoms were all shiny and new so he had a lot of work to do! There was a lot of chaos amongst the different lands as they all sought stability, so I guess he had to kill lots of people… dunno, not a history expert…. Aaanyways… Clubs was always a bad cookie, and back then was no exception! One day they sent a message to Hearts demanding that I go work for them- really ridiculous their excuse was- how the heck could the largest dang kingdom have a shortage of maids?! It was probably all the other kingdoms who were short because that one was so dang big! Y’see though, they knew that they could use me to manipulate the Hatter if they had me around, and since all the kingdoms were shiny and new back then, none of them could really afford war with Mr.Bad Cookie, and so the rulers agreed- it was only one maid after all, at least in their book.

My Brother practically blew a gasket when he found out I was going though- he’s really a big sweetie underneath the whole killer façade- and spent an awful lot of time training me and teaching me how to fight. He even gave me an object! …Or two… So really, by the time I arrived in that kingdom I was ready for whatever those grumpypants threw at me! …Well, everything except getting knocked out by the dang King, chained up, and thrown in the dungeons- which, might I add, weren’t nearly as good as Hearts! Clubs wanted more land back then, while all the kingdoms were developing they wanted to establish themselves as the strongest… But of course, a cute little maid like myself wouldn’t know any sort of information on Hearts weaknesses- but they tortured me anyways, until I was broken enough to contact ‘The Hatter’ and beg for help… They wanted to get him, so that they could torture him for information about Hearts so they could overtake the kingdom before it had risen…. Because of course, he was much more useful than a little maid like myself would be.

And of course the big dummy came! Even though he shouldn’t have because it was a really obvious trap! But he came to rescue his sister- destroyed nearly the entire guard of the castle on his wild rampage- but then the King used me as leverage to force Adrien to stop… In the end, my brother dropped his weapons and exchanged himself for me… The big oaf was so busy being cool he made sure I left before I had a chance to protest- used some ‘ticket’ or something that transported me just outside of a bar in Hearts- I was furious and terrified…. Ran all the way to Hearts castle and informed them what happened, but back then the Hatter didn’t have as prestigious a reputation as he does today, and so the rulers didn’t see fit to waste resources to rescue him- and I was way too beat up to go after him and beat him for being stupid myself.

…I feared the worst, but after a couple of days the Hatter returned- he came staggering through the castle gates looking worse for wear- I think I had a panic attack when I saw all that blood and realized he was missing an eye! But a lot of people hopped right to helping him- since I was too busy panicking to do it myself… And if I hadn’t been panicking I’d have whacked him for being so stupid… He ended up alright- recovers fast he does- but he wouldn’t tell me what happened either. He started working harder than ever to avoid me, and he always seemed extremely tired- so I knew something was extremely wrong… And after much harassment and fork throwing, he finally caved in to tell me that he was dying! He was dying and he didn’t tell his own sister- can you believe that guy?! He showed me some weird looking mark on his chest, and told me it was some sort of blood pact or something technical like that- they’d taken his eye as a means to create it.

Basically, Clubs thought he was dangerous, and so the pact was to force him to join them- so long as he didn’t, he’d slowly die. The only way to break the pact was to kill the one who had cast it or get his eye back… I had a bunch of the finest kitchen knives and was ready to go after the enchantress who’d done it, but he wouldn’t let me- said she was too strong for me and that Hearts wouldn’t survive a war with Clubs, some uncommon nonsense about how his life wasn’t worth that of the whole nation! Oooh, he makes me mad sometimes…. –ahem- Anyways, since he wouldn’t let me help in the most useful way, I scoured any book on dark magic I could get my hands on, and eventually found another way to help- basically it was this strange ritual involving mixed blood (what the heck is up with dark magic and blood anyways?!) and other mannerisms of creepy things that would make the curse affect me too, but would slow down its effect considerably. Dummy tried saying no to that too- I swear he’s borderline suicidal sometimes- but I didn’t take no for an answer! Knocked him out with a frying pan and did it anyways! He didn’t talk to me for months…

…But it’s been a long time since then, and I’ve been searching the whole time for another way to break the dang pact without success- the only way is to kill that enchantress who cast it, and the only way to do that is to defeat clubs… With Clubs essentially egging war with them on, it might happen soon… But I wonder how much time either of us have left?

My Rythm

{Will probably add something later… can’t think of anything right now…. Brain dead moment...}

Give Me More Of

Well letsee… I like strawberries! Aaand um… birds! And hats… and my Brother… and the name Adrien –innocent smirk-… and causing just a little bit of trouble… I like people who are friendly and happy!

I also like cleaning, it’s really a habit actually- and I tend to do housework and cooking when I’m nervous…. I’m good with kids too… Though when I’m angry I tend to enjoy flinging forks, knives, and frying pans about… So I’d enjoy it too if people were to watch out for me! <3

Take it Away

Curses… No I don’t mean ‘curses how dare you!’ I mean ‘curses’ in the literal term- being under one kinda makes you not like them much… Also hate people who try and hurt my brother… which are an awful lot of people…. And people who are just grumpy and depressing!

My Treasures

Well… I fight slinging forks and knives and whatever else I can get my hands on… but I suppose those aren’t the sort of ‘objects’ you’re talking about…. Well, I’m a maid, it’s not like I have a lot of them! … I do have one though- the one that the Hatter gave me way back when….

It’s a spoon. Though I wouldn’t use it for eating since it induces a brief, but deep sleep when light reflects off of its surface into someone’s eyes… not particularly useful unless you’re trying to protect yourself… Though once or twice I knocked myself out with it too!

I guess I also have another ‘object’ if you will, though I never really thought about it since it’s powers are unknown- it’s a jacket that the Hatter gave me…. It doesn’t have any powers that we know of, but like all objects outside of the room, it is indestructible- and that’s as close to wearing armor that my brother will ever make me do!

Last Little Bit

Can’t think of anything real special right now… but gimme a bit, I’m a maid, there’s lots to tell I’m sure….

Astra