Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pookie9

Why a time limit?

I truly like this game. But I absolutely can't stand the time limits. It's frustrating for someone like me. May I suggest in future games an option to turn the time off? My hope is that maybe a patch could be for this game that would remove the time constraints. Not holding my breath for it though. :)

Ok, enough whining for now. Off to play another game since I can't complete this one and boredom is beginning to set in because I keep trying and trying and........well, you know! ;)

Ooops, I'm sorry about that. Yes, I meant the days limit. Hmmm, challenging is one thing, but to get so close and never finish isn't fun.....it's self torture! :)

My kind of fun is challenging your own time after having finished it once. It's fun enough to play over and over again trying to beat your best time. As evidenced by the numerous times I've tried to actually to finish it. :( I hate purchasing a game only to delete it from the computer once I realize I'll never finish it.

A "patch" for unlimited days would make this game wonderfully fun, but without it it's torture for an "old" person like me!

You can't win "easy mode"? That should be very easy indeed!

What's your problem in this game? Losing your pets when you forget to buy pets food? Or get your pets blown up by bombers?

Truthfully, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I haven't lost any pets. I've tried the game different times with different strategies but never have enough money at the end of the game. I did finally get to see the next to the last hatchery last night, but that's the closest I've gotten. :(

Maybe I don't have enough pets? I seem to only be able to handle about 6 - 10 depending on the weapons I have to kill the pests until I get the helpful assistants and then I up it to around 15 or so.

Honestly, this is the first game that I've had this much trouble with.

If you or anyone can offer suggestions or strategies for me to try I would appreciate it. It's extremely frustrating for me.

ETA: Yeppers, I'm playing on easy mode. Still can't beat it. :(

Don't know why, perhaps you have to few pets. At the third hatchery, if I remember correctly, I get over 20 pets(all Ruby Griffon?).

Bear in mind, buy(or create) the most expensive pets, get the best weapon you can, and don't bother with golden geese and magic geese.

Guess what? I finally found some things!!

There is a wonderful walkthrough by Tron at

http://amaranthia.freeforums.org/grimm-s-hatchery-walkthrough-t467.html#

It takes you by the hand and walks you through the whole game. Exactly what I needed to have! :)

Then under the goodies section of this forum there's save files that are after someone completed the game so that you can just play. Granted you would never get to see the ending like that, but for someone like me (that's probably never gonna see it anyway) it's wonderful!! :)

I don't think this game lends itself to playing on a laptop. LOL Even if I do have a mouse for it, it's kinda difficult to keep the mouse moving fast enough to be able to keep so many pets healthy and happy. ;)

Kronos, thank you so much for being so kind and putting up with my whining! It was so nice of you to take time out and help me. Your kindness is especially appreciated because I'm new here and didn't "know" anyone.

Thanks again and wish me luck! Maybe this time I'll actually be able to see the last hatchery. LOL

I play on a laptop and it works wonderfully for me. I have 20 or more pets in the hatchery as I'm trying to save money for the next hatchery, and I don't buy the last farm.

I'm glad you found Tron's walkthrough useful - post back and let us know how you find the game when using the walkthrough.

Well heck, Shaz! If I can't blame it on my laptop then I have to realize it's me and lack of coordination! :D

So far I'm doing better with Tron's walkthrough than I did by myself. I'm also using the save file from the goodies section so even if I don't make it in time maybe it won't tell me I lost. :)

My problem is that once I get over 15 animals it's not worth it 'cause I end up not getting as many eggs and the pests kill half of my animals and I end up frustrated. :(

At least I'm stubborn enough to keep trying! :D It would be cool if there was a level where you could just take your time and see all the other pets and just have a good time with it. Would love to see one or two of each animal in each hatchery!

If this one can't be fixed like that with a patch or something then maybe it could be incorporated in future games like this? Oh well, I'll check back again and let you know when (IF) I ever finish it! LOL

Pookie9 wrote:

Well heck, Shaz! If I can't blame it on my laptop then I have to realize it's me and lack of coordination! :D

LOL - and there comes a time in everyone's life when they realise they are only mortal :D

Actually I probably wouldn't have that many (20+) pets playing on easy mode, as you MUST feed every one of them manually. I much prefer Medium and Insane, where you get the special eggs that will let you feed them all in one hit - that gives you much more time to collect eggs.

Glad to hear it's going better though.

I've gone into extended time in all 3 levels. I wanted to check out the final hatchery & could never win & buy it too. With the day limit removed & the days growing longer, the bomber birds get more runs at killing off your pets. If the first flyby gets your pets, it's a very long wait 'til the day is through. You don't even get to watch your buddy kill the parrot deals, cuz the bomber bird usually wipes all of them out & they stop coming after there aren't any pets to go after, though before the bomber bird gets all of your pets, the monsters come out so fast they're almost tripping over each other.

Bottomline, a time limit gives you a goal to shoot for!

I've fiddled with the number of pets that I'm caring for & found that sometimes it's better to have fewer pets, specially in "Easy", cuz feeding & caring for them takes up a lot of egg gathering time. In "Medium" & "Insane" there always seems to be a sweet spot to get helpful magic eggs & it doesn't mean you're given more of them when you've got an insane number of pets. After you've gotten the weapon upgrade for the hatchery you're working, start with anywhere between 5 & 8 and add one pet per day.

I really like the game & adore the pets.

I finally got back here! I tried everything and never managed to finish it. So I just gave up.

Thanks so much Krazykat for finding that bug. Maybe I'll manage to finally see the last section this time! :)

Please, please, please put a "casual" selection in the new games for the ones of us that are "mouse challenged" ;)