Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Astra

Wonderful Objects

((So Fayt is the one who shone that light? I thought she was back to Serdio?))

The Dungeons of the Castle was dark, as it had always been, but the chambers was momentarily dazzled by a flash of bright light. And the light attracted the beings that laid within.

A figure of a lady emerged- or floated out, to be exact- from her chambers. Her flowing pale hair rippled like liquid metal behind her deathly white face. Awnya is her name.

The other marionettes appeared moments later, looking for the light that had briefly disturbed their slumber. When they exit the chambers, the light had already gone; but the traces of the spell still lingered in the halls. Awnya, being the most intelligent of them all, took lead and floated up the stair case. The other 5 obediently followed.

Within minutes, the Marionettes was in front of the Palace, the place where the Sunburst Spell had been cast. Before them was a girl with a whip. Soundlessly, Awnya raised her hand. A torrent of shock wave emerged from her palms, and striked the opponent before her.

((Just a reminder reminder: although the Marionettes are not registered characters, they are Beast's properties. So DO NOT treat them as NPCs or control/kill them without my permission))

((Ah, I'm so far behind!))((Also, the In-Between is where Chess vanishes to when he disappears. I want to say it's a place outside time, which is how he can disappear in one place and reappear in another so quickly, but the details are still fuzzy. I'm not sure how it works, or even if anyone else can access it.))

Cheshire floated through the fog of the In-Between, his tail twitching lazily. Really, the Queen of Hearts had taken a turn for the worse. She had always been slightly mad- it was rare for a wonderlandian to not be mad to some degree- but now she was so completely round the bend that the Hatter was starting to look sane.

He rolled over onto his back, kicking his rear paws slightly to propel him forward. The cool wind that wasn't wind ruffled his fur. It was quiet in the In-Between. Chess was alone with his thoughts.

But to be alone with one's thoughts was not what Cheshire wanted. Indeed, the In-Between made one's thoughts much louder than normal, so it was hard being alone with one's thoughts- the thoughts were loud enough to give him a headache.

He decided to see what action was going on in Spades. He doubted Clubs had the easy time defeating them that they thought they would. Chess started to purr. He loved the excitement.

Still purring, he decided to give the Queen of Spades a visit. She was on her throne- pity, he liked curling up there. He stretched out on a windowsill instead. Through the window he could hear sounds of fighting.

"Mmm... You haven't finished them off yet?" He said, making himself visible as he stretched.

((Malli is in Serdio, Fayt is in Donau.))

Fayt stood there, very still, waiting. She waited. She decided that it would be fine to wait. Going any of the many possible ways to leave this place would certainly lead her to an assassin, a trap, or a horde of angry clubs. So Fayt waited in the shadows.

In the darkness, Fayt was able to make out several figures approaching her. This peaked her curiosity. Fayt wandered forward, and was blown back by a shock wave. "Darn." she muttered to herself.

Fayt got to her feet, and ran back towards the figures. She smacked two of them with her whip, focusing on the one that had attacked her.

There will be too many to fight, soon. Fayt thought to herself.

The cat girl's attacks caused several deep lashes the Marionettes' body, but being dead, such matters did not slow them down. The 5 marionettes moved on to attack the intruder, their only intent to consume the life that stood there. But moving solely on instict, their movements were slow and uncoordinated. Awnya, the white marionette, was the only one to be able to comprehend the situation. Floating away to dodge the opponent's attack, she teleported away.

~*~

Beast watched the darkness beyond the gates of Donau, through which the Hatter had disappeared. Deciding that there are no more reason for him to linger, he turned to leave; and suddenly found himself face-to-face with his beloved Marionette, Awnya.

"Awnya, what are you doing here?"

The Marionette whispered something to her master's ear, and Beast's expression quickly darkened. With the white lady floating behind, he rushed back to the castle, finding a single girl battling four of his other marionettes - three of them were on the verge of collapsing. So the intruder wasn't 'a group people' as he had expected. Judging from her build, the girl did not seem to be from Clubs- an assassin from Hearts perhaps, or maybe Broken Hearts.

Deftly, he caught the whip she was using to fight and ordered the other four to retreat. The marionettes obediently did so, and there were only Beast and Awnya left. Beast took the spare moment to wonder where Masahiro is- he had expected the latter to arrive first- but decided to deal with the cat intruder first.

"So" he stated, "You were the one who cast that Sunburst Spell. A foolish decision really, but let's see if your battle skill could make up your idiocy..."

((@iPink: Vorpal was trying to speak to the sword in his last post. Is Mira going to respond or not?))

((@theAdept_Rogue [do you have a nickname or something? :D]: She is going to respond, and I'll probably write her next post tonight. I've been kinda busy and so I have to choose which character to spend time on every day.))

{Alright, having the Hatter get back to the castle, just to give the Queen and Hare something to do <3}

The Hatter moved quickly, more so with the added power of his watch slowing down time for everything but himself; but the Hatter still made sure he'd gotten a safe distance from Donau before stopping. It was a strain on him to keep the watch in effect for that long, and the effort left him winded. He took a moment to regain his wits, taking the time doing so to glance back at the soon to be defeated Club army.

Why in the world would they invade so openly? They couldn't have expected to win, not with their numbers.... And sure, when in doubt, the Clubs stereotypically threw fists about, but they weren't stereotypically stupid.... It made no sense for them to do this.

"Come to think of it...." The Hatter blinked. "Something similiar happened back in Serdio..." Of course, there hadn't been an entire army, but he'd found some people disguised as guards that he'd quickly disposed of... He hadn't told the Queen because with how on edge she was lately, she'd probably start executing citizens out of stress.... But those men had been Clubs too....

The Hatter began forming a theory in his mind, at the very least part of one, and he even considered returning to Donau to kill off a few Clubs and see if he could solidify anything.... Then he shook his head.

What the Clubs did to the Spades was their business- if they returned to Hearts he'd check if his idea was true, but he couldn't afford to meddle in foreign affairs... He was already late anyways.... It was time he got back to Serdio.

"Home is where you hang your heart..." He heaved a sigh at the thought of facing the Queen, "... Or your head."

Reaching into his pocket with a gloved hand, the Hatter pulled out an old ticket to a ball in the castle of Hearts, it was an 'object' which he'd chosen to borrow for the express purpose of getting back quickly... But the look on his face as he carefully reached out to touch the ticket was one of distain- like something bad was going to happen...

The very moment he touched the ticket he fell. Painfully. Onto his back.

But he was no longer near Donau, rather outside of a bar in the Serdio.... Really, the power of the object was a random one- whoever touched it with exposed skin was transported outside of this random place.... Perhaps if he had time to drink the Hatter would have enjoyed the object more, but it was quite impossible to land in any other position other than one's back.... So the appeal was greatly lessened.

He climbed to his feet, grimacing, and glad that no one was around right then to see that rather embarassing situation, before carefully picking up the ticket with his gloved hand and making his way back to the castle.

The guards stepped aside at the sight of him, making the proceeding quick, and it wasn't long before he was roaming the halls of the castle once again.

His first action was to return the ticket to the room... Then his second action was to proceed to the throne room.... He went about the latter rather slowly.... It wasn't that he was afraid of the Queen.... But being around her was rather.... stressful... to say the least.

...But he had to do so sometime.... The Hatter glanced at his watch.... Well... At least he had the excuse that it was two days slow.

--------------------------------------------

The King of Clubs sat on his throne, looking rather bored as he examined a piece of paper in his hand. It was torn and frayed a bit around the edges, like someone had taken the time to cut very small pieces out of it, but apparently something was still there, because the man stared at it intently.

"They got the job done." He finally stated emotionlessly, "What a surprise- they're only partially useless." He hadn't expected the soldiers he'd sent into Donau to be dumb enough to start blaring battle horns... Perhaps they were suicidal? How positively mad of them... Oh well, those citizens were a dime a dozen. He had tons of them. And like he'd said, they'd gotten the job done.

His eyes glanced towards a rather large dog sitting at his feet, watching as the creature twitched it's ears and quirked an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah sure, you just got the Queen of Spades- who's known to be devious- the Hatter- who created the objects- and an army that's being slaughtered..." The dog paused thoughtfully, then added, "Okay, so people getting killed is a moot point- but really, this situation might not be as good as you think. I really gotta question how much you use that lump three feet above your butt if you have to have a dog burst your bubble."

The king merely chuckled and scratched behind the dog's ears. "Yes yes, Miss Spade is a little wild card, but currently she's of no concern." He replied with a nonchalant shrug, "As for the Hatter, he won't figure it out unless he looks for it- and he has no reason to. Even if he does, there's no use in him telling the Spades."

"Y'know, you might be underestimating that guy." The dog replied mockingly, "I wouldn't put it past him to be a blackbelt... he's got one in being mad... killing people... probably karate... Larate...Jiu jitsu... Kick punching... Hat making... Taekwondo... Bedroom." Okay, so he knew more than one of those things to be true, but the point still remained. "Come to think of it, I hear that Spade Queen who's so unimportant has got a new Knave with similiar skills...."

Those little bits of paper had been sewn into the very uniforms the soldiers wore though... And so long as they marched about Donau they'd be doing their part.... Even if they didn't realize it.... since they didn't realize anything, interrogation would be useless.... And it wasn't as if anyone would specifically search their uniform for a scrap of blank paper...

Okay... So maybe the plan was better than he was giving hte king credit for....

{Blah, I'm off to bed!}

The sound of footsteps rapidly approached the Hatter's position, and the incoming girl walked briskly towards the man. Her blue eyes were both full of worry and anger, and her fists were clenched at her sides. Lapin was smart, though, and kept a small distance between her and the Hatter. While she had no intentions of angering him, she still wanted to state her thoughts.

"Hatter! You're late, you're late! She is most displeased at this, most displeased indeed!" she proclaimed. It most certainly did not make sense, the Hatter's tardiness. Still a bit apprehensive of the assassin, she put a but more distance between herself and him, but continued to follow.

It was evident that Lapin has been a nervous wreck the entire time -- her clothes were untidy from fumbling with them, her hair was messy from being played with, her clenched fists were shaking a tad, and her fair, pale skin was a sickly color. Honestly, it had been more than a simple nervous breakdown, it was full-fledged fear. To think of what sort of fate could've (and would've) befallen those in the castle if the Hatter hadn't arrived then was a dark one, most certainly.

Lapin shivered a bit at the thought of losing her life in such a gruesome manner, but rid herself of the thought. Such a horrid crisis had been averted for the moment, so there was no point in dwelling on it.

(Man, you guys can type a lot. @_@ )

Fayt snarled as someone caught her whip. She turned around, and pulled it from his grasp. It was someone who looked sort of demonic, and he seemed to be in control of the monsters that she had attacked. They were leaving now.

"So" he stated, "You were the one who cast that Sunburst Spell. A foolish decision really, but let's see if your battle skill could make up your idiocy..."

Fayt eyed the demon person. So far, no one else had come, but that was sure to change. Fayt took a step back, and said in a cheery voice, "I didn't actually have to do any magic, but that doesn't matter! Let's fight then!"

Fayt jumped up, and smacked him with the whip, twirling in the air.

----

Malli stood on the city wall, making sure that the shadows were hiding her. She heard a thud, and jumped, accidentally jumping onto a nearby rooftop. She smacked herself in the forehead. This was not her day. Perhaps it would be easier to run on the roofs, since no one can see me, she thought.

Malli crept forward, and saw no guards. She started to run towards the castle. When she arrived, she was out of breath, and sat down behind a small chimney. When she caught her breath, she peered around the side. Two guards. Not bad.

Malli stood up, and made her way to the edge of the roof that was farthest away from the guards. She started to make her way down to the streets. She dropped down from an awning, and ran at the gates. The guards noticed her and began their charge. Malli ran, and stomped her foot on the ground. She was instantly on the other side of the gate, feeling a little woozy. She hated teleporting because it always made her a little bit sick. Continuing, though, she ran around to the back of the castle and sat down in some bushes.

The Hatter glanced around at the sound of footsteps pattering his way, unsurprised to see the kingdom's messenger hare hot on his heels. She always worried a lot, and his being late hadn't helped.... He couldn't help but think she must have been very maternal... After all, troubles were like people- they grew bigger and messier if you nursed them.... And at that moment she looked like a royal mess.

"Hatter! You're late, you're late! She is most displeased at this, most displeased indeed!"

She sounded on the edge of hysteria. Poor girl. The Hatter probably would have found her annoying under normal circumstances if they met out in the world, but having her here in the castle was rather pleasurable.... It was rather mean on his part, but with her constantly worrying herself into a panic, the Hatter was generally too amused to ever let the Queen unnerve him.

"They say a man who had never made a woman angry is a failure at life." He replied with a devilish smirk, "So I suppose that means there are few more successful than me." his words were probably not comforting, but he was rather horrible at that sort of thing- instigating trouble was more fun.... Besides, when the Queen made an order of execution, he was the one who had to do the dirty work- so if he was away she probably wouldn't have executed as many people as she normally would have.

They turned a corner to yet another hallway, finding themselves standing outside the large ornate doors to the throneroom.

The Hatter took a deep breath, steeling himself- or his eardrums more accurately- for what was to come, before walking inside and into the center of the room. There, he sweeped off his hat and bowed deeply as he said, "My most sincerest apologies for my tardiness, your highness." Then he straightened himself, putting on his most charming smile as he added, "The assassination was a success, but it was rather hard to escape that wild party in Spades- what with the clubs attempting to invade them and all." He hoped adding on that last part would deter her from yelling... too much.

"I didn't actually have to do any magic, but that doesn't matter! Let's fight then!"

Beast raised an eyebrow in mild surprise as the cat-girl managed to pull her whip away from his firm grasp and attacked him. The weapon lashed at his right cheek and formed a deep cut. The half-demon raised a finger to caress at his injury and saw red liquid resting on his fingertips as he removed it. He stared at it for a brief moment, then smirked. Moving his fingers once again, Beast wiped away the blood from his face and licked at the stains on his hands.

His lips twisted into a wide grin, while his eyes gleamed with insane mirth. A cackle escaped from his throat, following this sudden change of emotion, and soon his voice raised into a roar of laughter. "Great! Excellent! Let's see if you can do it once more," he cried out, evident delight brimming in his voice. But even as he spoke, he had raised his own weapon and attacked at the girl with a series of chain strikes.

"Come on!" the mad assassin challenged, "Again! Again! Do it again!"

((Ok, Beast is [d]slightly [/d]masochist- and insane/bipolar. I suppose I didn't include this in his interview, but I can assure you that this isn't an idea than just came up. I've planned this since I created him, but since he won't freely admit his strange tendencies, I didn't put it in.))

((The queen is in her study, not her throne room.))((And I am working on a floor plan for the heart's place.))((And, I don't think the Queen yells all the time. But perhaps it is preferable to some when she is yelling...))

Bryony had calmed down somewhat. As pressing as the matter with the Hatter was, she did still have a Kingdom to run. She couldn't leave her husband to do it- he was completely incompetent in matters of state. Quite frankly, he was incompetent in most things besides breathing.

The Queen sat at her desk, checking the army supply list. If there was to be war, the army should be well stocked.

The numbers soothed her, as she checked the calculations. She had always liked numbers, and lately they were the only thing that could calm her rage. Reaching for a new quill, she heard the doors to the throne room open.

Though the voice was muffled, Bryony could recognize the voice of the Hatter. She frowned as she stood. She didn't want to be interrupted yet. Still, she needed to hear his report- it was late after all.

She slipped into the throne room, letting the hidden door to the King's resting room close softly behind her. He never used it, and had not cared if she converted it into a study. It had worked out quite well.

"You are late, Hatter." She said, as she crossed the room to her throne. "I do hope there is a good explanation." Passing the throne, she beckoned the Hatter. "You shall tell me all about it."

Glancing at the hare, Bryony added, "Lapin. Tell the kitchen we require tea in my resting room. After that, remind the guards that they are still supposed to be doubled until my say so." Here she paused, looking over the hare's messy attire. "That will be all for the night. I suggest you get some rest- you will know if I require you."

The Queen opened the hidden door to her resting room. Sitting down at the tea table, she gave the Hatter a look. "Sit down, Hatter, and we shall have some tea."

Masahiro dashed off into the darkness as soon as the Hatter was out of sight and Beast had also vanished. Needless to say, that wasn't very long at all.

He wound his way back through the streets, pausing only to slit the throats of more Clubs disguised as Spades. He found the same loose stone as he had hidden the first disguised Club. He darted through the passages, eventually winding his way to the castle dungeons. He dashed up the staircases and eventually into Maeve's throne room.

Maeve watched from her window, her hand still on her rapier. She didn't pay much heed to what Annel said about "not needing such a fine sword." Beast appeared to have found whoever was foolish enough to have set off such a bright light in the dark. And he seemed to be enjoying fighting with her. Not a surprise. She turned when she heard Masahiro's footsteps.

"The messenger was assassinated, Maeve," Masahiro said, dispensing with pleasantries. "By Hearts. Some of the Clubs are disguised as Spade guards. I've dealt with as many as I came across."

"It appears Beast is dealing with the idiot with the light," she replied. "In the meantime, Masahiro, Tai is in need of your assistence."

"What this time?" Masahiro asked with half a smile.

"He appears to have had a bit too much brandy--never mind how," she said. "Mikhaiel has been trying to help him, but I'm not sure how well it's going."

Masahiro bowed with a grin. "Yes, my queen." He turned.

Mikhaiel was attempting to offer Tai a glass of cool tea when Masahiro arrived.

"Bit young to be drinking, aren't you, Tai?" he chuckled.

"Oh, Masahiro, I've tried everything!" Mikhaiel cried. "I've tried cold tea, hot tea, cold water, hot water, ice and--"

"Don't panic, dear," Masahiro said gently, patting him on the shoulder. "Get Yue some tea and let me handle Tai."

((umm.....i have no idea what masahiro does to help tai. for obvious reasons, i have no idea how to cure hangovers XD))

When Fayt attacked the demon creature, it appeared to like it! It drank its own blood, and laughed. Fayt squinted, and tried to understand why someone would like being hurt.

"Again! Again! Do it again!" her opponent yelled.

Fayt paused for a second, and was surprised when she was hit by some chains. She meowed angrily, and yelled, "That hurt, meow!" The demon kept on yelling at her, and asking her to hurt him. What a wacko, Fayt decided.

She sliced at his face again, and then at his knees. Fayt jumped backwards as soon as she had attacked. She hissed a few times and took on a feral posture.

Lapin listened to the Queen's orders before bowing and leaving the room. She quietly made her way to the kitchen, a small smile on her face. When she reached the kitchen doors, she entered and informed the persons in there of the Queen's request for tea. Once she saw them start to prepare it, she nodded to herself and left to go to the guards. It was during this walk that Lapin began to notice how truly exhausted she was.

"Good Heavens, I must remember to not worry myself so much," she mumbled to herself. She quickly made her way to the guards, informed them of the message she'd been instructed to deliver, and hurried to her room.

When the door shut behind her, Lapin let out a sigh before looking at her room. Many would notice its rather small size at first. However, that was expected of a messenger's room - they simply had no reason to possess large rooms with fancy things, even though she'd heard of those who still desired such. Lapin was not one of those people, of course; in fact, she preferred the simplicity of her room.

When Lapin spotted a clean outfit (that, if I may intrude, was an exact replica of the one she was currently wearing) sitting on a chair, she grabbed it and dressed herself quickly before hopping into her bed and falling asleep.

((Yes, my character sleeps in her clothes. Yes, all her outfits are the same. And yes, I did make a horrible pun on the fact that she's a hare by using the word "hopping".))

Beast slightly lost balance when the cat girl's whip striked his knees, but quickly straightened his posture. His mad laugh had calmed down, but the fiendish delight was still apparent on his face. He cocked his head at his attacker and his grin widened.

"Come on, now. Surely that is not all you can do?" he crooned. "But no matter. I'll see more blood soon enough..."

Pulling a dagger that had been concealed in the folds of his vest, and slashed it across his own arm, adding force to make the cut deeper. Crimson fluid flowed wildly and splattered on the ground beneath him. Eyeing at the cat girl, he raised his bleeding arm. "See? I want you to at least be able to hurt me this much."

{@Rogue ....O-o uhhh... Okay. Kinda creepy, not gonna lie, but as long as he doesn't turn into a god modder, or have abrupt mood swings where he wants to play with unicorn and kitty dolls it's all good XD

@Monochrome I've been meaning to tell you I love your portal set. I was gonna make one for myself, but then you did first XD

@Tei That's okay, I don't know either XD It was just for relief humor that Tai got drunk anyways.

Oh! And I bought you something! But I can't tell you what it is! o-o

@everyone So Fayt has gotten herself into a real bad situation. A reminder not to kill any characters witihout permission of the creator... And I very much doubt she wants to die. So yeah...

Done OOCiing now ^^;}

Well, the Queen hadn't lost her temper with him right off the bat- that was a good sign. Last time the Hatter had really really gotten himself on her bad side he hadn't been let back inside of the castle for a week.... If he hadn't known about that random bar from the Ball ticket, he'd probably have been forced to sleep out on the streets!

... But yelling probably would have been better. It just let everything off in one go- with how calmly she'd addressed him, he couldn't tell whether she was just using a slow burn against him or if she was actually forgiving... And then came the look.... So unless he had something good to report he wasn't going to be off the hook.

Oh well, even if he did lose his head, at least it was worth showing to people.

The Hatter sat down at the table, across from the Queen, but rather than waiting for the tea to come, he pulled an ornate looking plate out of his pocket and placed it on the table. Immediately a cup of tea appeared, which he promptly placed in front of the Queen before repeating the process and placing one in front of himself. It'd tide them over until the actual tea arrived... And he just loved that plate.

"Well, I do suppose it's of no use making idle talk." He said after a moment, returning the plate to his pocket and getting straight to his report.

"I assassinated the messenger Hare as you requested... I err... Won't get into the details- not exactly tea and crumpets sort of talk... Incientally are we getting biscits with this tea? Never really got the chance to dine out while at Spades- corpses don't exactly make good meal talk-"He took a sip of his tea, realizing he was getting off on a tangent; after a moment he continued, "-it didn't exactly help that the Spades were being attacked by the Clubs. They came in the dead of night- though blaring battle horns doens't exactly make for a good ambush- I daresay if they're not defeated already, they will be soon." Another pause, then he finished with, "Oh, yes, I didn't get the chance to drop by and echange small talk with your sister, but I did get the oppurtunity to meet her new Knave- delightful fellow by the way- skillful kills and a taste for tea." Which of course, was a very important factor for the Hatter.

.... But that was about all he had to say... there wasn't much else to report, because his 'theory' held no ground unless he investigated.... And for all the stress the Queen gave him, the Hatter did not wish to trouble her with something he could not yet substantiate.

"Drinking wierd stuff is what made me sick!" Tai exclaimed, turning away from Mikhaiel stubbornly and making a face, "So drinking something else won't make me better!" He was tired of drinking strange stuff since it wasn't helping, and thus was in the middle of refusing a cup of tea offered to him when someone else entered the room.

... Oh great, that wierd guy from the upper world....He recognized the energy of the person immediately- and it was the last thing he needed... well, besides more tea anyways- he could do without that too.... He didn't trust people from the upper world- they were known to be particularly mad.... And just 'cause this one seemed nice didn't mean he wouldn't turn around and try and hurt Yue at some point... Maybe.... When he wasn't being nice.

"Bit young to be drinking, aren't you, Tai?"

Tai twitched his ears at the sound of a teasing chuckle, and retreated further under his covers; his voice was muffled as he replied, "Everybody drinks stuff everyday. And people younger than me do too!" It wasn't his fault that he'd gotten sick! Queenie shouldn't have kept bad stuff to drink around! He probably would have said something to this effect if Yue hadn't interrupted him.

"Ur, oui pa hela!" (oh, you be nice!) She'd exclaimed indignantly, swishing her tail and glaring at the lump under the blankets as it wriggled and popped Tai's head out again.

"Pid E tuh'd mega res."(But I don't like him.) He replied after a moment glumly, "Ymm druca baubma vnus dra udran funmt drehg drao'na ypuja ic." (All those people from the other world think they're above us.)

"pid drao yna ypuja ic!"(But they are above us!)came the exasperated reply, "drao'na vnus dra ibban funmt" (They're from the upper world!) She paused for a moment, then added as an afterthought, "Yht rec hysa ec Masahiro! Ma sa hi ro!" (And his name is Masahiro! Ma sa hi ro!)

Tai blinked, but didn't respnd... That guy had such a wierd name, it was real hard to remember... But like Yue said, it was Masahiro... Masahiro... Masahiro... Not mishihiro or mesahiro or Mouseahiro.... What was his name again?

"Okay Mousie." He grudgingly decided to let him help since his sister insisted, "But I still don't trust you.... And your... uppperworldiness." Tai made a face and fell silent.

{Haha, have him use his pendent from the queen or something.. Or put together some sort of potion out of random stuff XD I haven't the faintest idea, but it'd probably work differently in wonderland anyways ^^;}

{Not too much to post as the club king or his dog right now...}

((Aw, no love for Cheshire from the Queen of Spades? How sad. D: (And by love, I mean reply) Anyway, if you want something relatively real-worldy for hangover/drunken cures- Chamomile, Fennel, Juniper tea for nausea and digestion. Also, Willow Bark was used for centuries to relive fevers and aches and pains (it's very similar to aspirin.)Yay for the power of Google and Tamora Peirce books?))

Bryony looked at the cup of tea the Hatter set before her. Though the plate was a convenient thing, she felt the tea from it was never quite right. There was a reason she called for a tea service, after all. She sipped at the tea, filtering out the Hatter's tea ramblings and getting to the point.

"-it didn't exactly help that the Spades were being attacked by the Clubs. They came in the dead of night- though blaring battle horns doens't exactly make for a good ambush- I daresay if they're not defeated already, they will be soon."

Well. Clubs was attacking Spades? How interesting. Bryony, still in her post number calm, nodded at the Hatter to continue. The attack had to have been what the Cheshire Cat was referring to.

"Oh, yes, I didn't get the chance to drop by and echange small talk with your sister, but I did get the oppurtunity to meet her new Knave- delightful fellow by the way- skillful kills and a taste for tea."

It was then that a servant appeared with the full tea service requested by the queen. Only once the service was set out and the servant gone, did Bryony comment. "I would rather not talk about my sister, Hatter. You know how she upsets me." She looked at the Hatter, smoothing her black gloves as she did so. "I don't suppose you want me more upset than I already am at your tardiness."

She took a sip of tea. Setting her cup back on the saucer, she frowned. Thoughtfully, she said, "Though the information about Clubs is intriguing. Cheshire was right when he informed me that you would have news."

She looked at her assassin. "I don't suppose you would have any idea why Clubs would attack Spades, rather than forming an alliance? Other than the fact that Clubs are brutal war lovers, of course." For it would make much more sense to form an alliance rather than fight against Spades.

Of course, for Hearts to form an alliance with Spades would be rather ridiculous. Not that there was ever a real offer- that hare had been quite suspicious, twitching even more than Lapin, and Lapin was an unusually twitchy hare. Her sister was devious- fitting for a ruler of Spades- and the Queen wouldn't put it past her to send an assassin in the guise of a messenger. It was for the safety of her and the Hearts Kingdom- the messenger had to be disposed of. It was quite relieving to hear the hare was dead.

The Queen's eye twitched. All this thinking of her sister was making her quite irritable. And her sister had a new assassin, which was never pleasant news. If her hatter was saying the knave was skillful, it did not bode well. She rubbed her hands together.

Standing abruptly, she said, "You may finish whatever you like. I must get to the training room." Her voice shook- either with fear or rage... Perhaps it was a combination of both. She swept away, fists clenched.

((So, I'm going to say the sisters of Heart were trained in swordplay. Or that it was an option to them.))

((aiaefaoyac, i knew i forgot something in that post >_< i'll reply to him later--i'm running out the door right now!))

((and i love the hatter's description of masahiro XD))

((@Astra: Don't worry. I won't Godmod and I won't kill characters without permission (since this is a very common RP rule I'm very familiar with. I'm quite a veteran in RPs, if I do say so myself).

And if Yuffie wants Fayt to die, I'm sure she'd rather kill her herself. Regarding Beast, he may enjoy experiencing pain, but doesn't mean receiving those blows won't do him any harm. He is, after all, NOT an undead like his marionettes. His mood swings only range from glee to anger or vice versa- it does not affects his likes and dislikes.

Also, I don't mean to insult, but I'm glad you find him creepy. That's how I planned him to be after all. :evil:

Anyways, I'm still waiting for Mira to respond to Vorpal's post before I can write about him again...))

((I won't god mod either! And I don't want Fayt to die. :)))

Fayt watched as the demon cut his arm.

"You are so weird." she said. Someone who liked pain? Never a good sign.

Fayt looked at him quizzically again. He seemed to want her to inflict as much pain as she could. Fayt doubted that she could do that with a whip, unless he stood there quietly and held, still, which he probably wouldn't do. An idea flashed across her mind. She yanked out her mirror, ran back a few steps and looked into it. She turned it away from her face, and aimed it at the demon. 1... 2... 3! Fayt thought, as the mirror let out a flash of light.

"Ha! No magic! Meow!" she shouted as she stuffed her weapons into her bag, turned into a cat and ran off. If she was going to get into that castle, she was going to need to not attract attention to herself. Fayt ran through the alleys, until she found herself near a few clubs. She sat down beside a trash bin that would hopefully hide her from both the clubs and whoever may or may not be chasing after her.

Beast yelled as his opponent struck him with a beam of light. Momentarily blinded, he stumbled and fell on his knees. He hated such brighness. He resented it. Loathed it. Abhorred it.

Hate it. Hate her. Hate. Hate. Hate. Kill.

Blinking to readjust his eyes to the midnight dark surroundings, Beast found that the girl was now nowhere to be seen. His lips twitched into a snarl, and his previous glee turned into a vengeful anger so suddenly, it was hard to believe he had been laughing seconds ago. "So you used magic after all, brat?" He hollered to the nothingness before him, "You'll pay dearly for that dirty trick of yours!"

Whispering a spell, he healed his cuts; however as a half-demon and a Spades assassin at that, his healing skill was very basic, and he only managed to remove the minor cuts dealt by the cat girl's whip. The wound he had casted unto himself remained on his arm, although the bleeding stopped. It will probably leave a scar, but he cared not.

He opened a portal, and summoned all the Marionettes he owned- including those he had earlier sent to retreat. "Find her. Do NOT let her in the castle, do not let her escape." he commanded. The undeads moved to fulfill his wishes, and soon only Awnya and he remained.

~*~

Cassandra, having left her throne room, strutted towards the palace gardens of Kazas. The yards was far from what normal people would perceive as 'beautiful'. There was no grass planted on the fields, revealing crusty bare earth; instead of lush green trees, flowers or bushes, the yard grew poison ivy vines, thorn bushes, gnarled saplings, and multitudes of spider lilies that bloomed like a crimson flood. Rows of black marble tiles spread from the palace doors to the garden's center, wherein stood a gothic fountain filled with blood.

A thin smile escaped the Red Queen's lips as she admired the terrace- her terrace. This tranquil moment did not last long however, when Kitty woke up with a start and his emerald eyes glowed yellow. Calysta face appeared seconds later, and it took a great effort for Cassandra to refrain from attacking the image.

"What is it?" she demanded harshly.

The White Queen was looking equally displeased, but her voice was not as loud or angry, "I heard you have sent the Dark Avenger to invade Tidea"

Cassandra widened her eyes in surprise. How did Calysta knew of this? She quickly concealed her shock, however, as she shot back, "If this your only reason to call me, you are wasting your time."

Calysta's expression darkened, and her fair cheeks flushed red with anger, but she remained soft-spoken. "No, but I suggest you call off the invasion. It is not worth the risk."

The red Queen glared. "Silence! You know nothing of the risks! Dare you not lecture me!"

"It is you who do not know the risks. I know more about Tidea than you think, and I suggest you don't underestimate it, or you will regret your actions. Do I need to remind you that, for now, we are allies? Your loss, sister, is mine as well" With those solemn warnings, the White Queen ended the contact, leaving the Red Queen quite alone in her black gardens.

((RP-ing Cassandra and Calysta just because I can't RP as Vorpal now. In case you're wondering, no, Cassandra is not going to call off the invasion- she's too stubborn to change her mind about it now, but it's just a hint that the siege will not go as smoothly as the red queen hoped. Anyways, I know I'm not allowed to take over diamonds, nor did I plan to do so in the first place anyway. But what is there to gain in Diamonds? I don't want the invasion to end with nothing, and Cassandra isn't the type of person who'd randomly attack. She won't do so unless she's certain there's something to gain from it))

{@Rogue Hmmm, well maybe, in a manner similiar to the Clubs disguising themselves in Donau, some Clubs had been recently caught sneaking around the main kingdoms in Chess- they were immediately disposed of, but the fear of invasion still remains- because with their massive army and fierce love of violence, not to mention the sheer size of their military, if the Clubs were to invade Chess it'd be a bad situation. But Chess could travel across the sea to Diamonds, and if the invasion there was sucessful, gain more territory, and make it so that the Clubs would have no choice but to cross the desert to completely overtake Chess- which would even out the playing field because their soldiers would be tired and exhausted from such.

It could be a means for survival.

That, or she could simply be after more objects- but that seems too simple a motive to me.

@everyone I shall post later on~ Got work soon >_<}