Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
daeva_agas

[AV3 doujin-VN] Dawn of Twilight

This is a practice session that went way out of hand. Initially I want to hide this project until I'm actually done and have at least a demo ready, but I decide that I'd want your feedback and all that, so here it is.

I'm going to assume that you all know the plot of AV3 so I won't re-elaborate. Basically, this is a retelling of AV3 where you play as Gyendal and your goal is obviously to put Overworld into darkness [d]and not fall in love with Mel[/d].

The entire thing is point-based with 6 stats/meters that determine your path. You won't be able to see how well you're doing, of course.

~**Development/WIP blog of sorts**~

Features:

1. Raise up stats to win the battle against Mel and co (yes, you DO need to fight, and I mean actually fight, them in this game unless you managed to make the right choices necessary to change the plot before it gets there).

2. Only one date-able character: Mel (but you know this).

3. Attraction points work both ways. Just because Mel falls in love with Gyendal doesn't mean he has to love her back, and vice versa (yes, you can go break Gyendal's heart if you so want to).

4. I emphasize that points MATTER. Slight difference in point total can lead you to entirely different paths. Choose your actions wisely.

5. Canon ending (i.e Gyendal turned human and eventually get pwned so hard by Te'ijal) is achievable, if you don't want Gyendal to win.

6. Potentially has 20 achievable ending

7. A special Ed/Mel ending - with a bonus of breaking Gyendal's heart into a million pieces - for the fans because I'm both nice and evil like that (note: this will obviously be VERY hard to achieve)

8. Secret scenes to unlock (they have Agas in them!)

9. Unlockable walkthrough so you can get your favourite endings :DHint: You have to achieve the secret Ed/Mel ending first :P

10. Mature content filter for those who prefers NOT to see blood and guts and naked people.

-------------------------------------------

Say hi to Gyendal (cloakless version):

width=350http://www.aveyond.com/uploads/photos/4207.png[/img]

I can't wait for your demo. I can see this taking a really long time to create, but that's all good. ^^ I think that the thing I'm most excited about for this game would be the secret scenes with Agas. Are they going to have the new Agas, or the old one in them?

Oh My Gods!

I was actually once thinking about making an Aveyond; RQ game where you get to capture the druid's souls ETC.

But this is just EPIC! I always love to get to play as the bad guys XD or in this case, bad guy.

I hope for updates soon. :D

@Yuffie: New!Agas, of course. Because that's how the Aveyond-verse daeva Agas now looks like. The old version is for future possible original stories :)

@Dawnmist: Eh, that's a cool idea, actually. Who ARE you supposed to play as? The daevas? As in you get to play every single one of them? I wasn't interested due to the daevas' lack of involvement in the plot. For all I know, they're just doing it for the lulz because they're bored :D

@mickychi: I actually have more info released here because I don't feel like ranting the heck out of me in a forum where I don't know how many people understands what I'm talking about. It's more profitable if you stalk me here.

----------------------------------------

Artwork samples pending. I have about 10 images for each character to make the scenes more expressive and it's taking forever to do, blah. I'm not even done with our not-hero yet!

Oh yeah, I added something about a walkthrough in the features list.

This looks wicked and interesting. Count me as one of this game's stalkers. :D

And twenty endings? Replay value plus points! :D

(And I'll probably break Gyendal's heart on my first try. Because I always pick the stupidest endings first, whether I like it or not) XD

@Ashen_eclipse: Enough for me to have the courage to attempt this project :)

@smirksweetly: If you mean the Ed/Mel one, I assure you that you will NOT be able to get it in one playthrough :evil: I would not have made a pairing that makes me ill beyond imagination a possible ending without making sure the players have to suffer to achieve it. If you mean a more generic one where Gyendal is broken hearted because Mel still hates him without the Edward pairing, then yeah, you can try :D

Sounds interesting. Is it going to be a Fatal Hearts Type or an RPG? If it's a Fatal Hearts type or Cute Knight type game, it would be so awesome. I just love the story line and know exactly which ending I want. Breaking Mel's heart when Gyendal doesn't fall in love sounds awesome xD

Please tell me Te'ijal will have a big part. I'd be totally interested in going into their estranged brother/sister relationship.

And if someone made a fangame where Te'ijal was the lead character I would go bonkers. Maybe I'll have to do that myself.

@theone: Um, didn't you see that the title said VN? Visual novel, you know?

@Esme: Pffft, this is all about Gyendal. Why should I care too much about Te'ijal? :P Anyways. Depends on what you mean by "big part". Te'ijal's presence in this game is limited to the times when she and Gyendal actually meet (if she's there but Gyendal doesn't see her it doesn't count) and flashbakcs/memories. If you mean "role", though, I can't say. Te'ijal of course has a big impact on Gyendal (he wouldn't be what he's like if it weren't for her), but our standards of "big part" is totally different coz you're a huge Te'ijal fan and I'm not.

@Mickychi: Oh, I would. I sure as heck would, because it's a huge part of Gy's character. The only problem is finding the best scene to include it in without making it seem awfully forced.

@D_A: Well Play as The Daevas mostly. Something like a "Rhen Quest: Prelude" Or something. (Although the Daevas capture the druids souls after Daemon enters the picture, which is after Rhen is turned a slave.)

There would be a way to change to plotline and totally pwn Rhen and the party when they enter Ahrimans lair, Etc.

But I'm well known for never finishing anything I start.

Maybe I'd try. But yours sound much more awesome :D

@Dawnmist: LOL, that's why I went with AV3. It's hard to program a game where you play as 7 different people at once, unless you go do a story-select thing where you can choose the hero you want to play as and play their stories separately. That, and because my daevas have too crazy a tango going on. If I could make a daeva-centered game I would, but it's too hard. I actually have an Agas story planned out some time ago, until I decided I'd better save that tale for my own original work. Much as I love Aveyond, I still want to get my own original stories out there someday, you know? And since any daeva-oriented story is pretty much original due to lack of canon information... Yeah.

With Gyendal you have the canon AV3 to follow. Unless you purposely go out of your way to ruin the story, that is. The rest are just AU that still stem off the basic canon.

@D_A: I guess. But playing as the villain still rocks. Although It WOULD be awesome to have a game about the Daevas. Just since they have absolutely no personality or back-story.

Well yeah. Although it would be fun if Gyendal succeeded. I dunno why, I'm just evil like that. :evil:

LOL, conversation is getting long-winded. Regardless, the daevas having no personality whatsoever canon-wise is what makes me reluctant to spend THAT much effort on them. They have no canon --> whatever I make is pretty much original ideas --> why waste 'em on fanstuff if I could use it on my own original work so it could earn me money?

Just Googled VN and realised it is like Fatal Hearts. I love those types of games unless they're too much about dating.

Just wondering, when you make an original, will it be casual? And if casual, will you put it on AM games?

@theone: Define "casual".

I will try to put it in AM if I know how to deal with the legal stuff. I'm not sure how to set up the sales so it goes into my bank account and stuff.

Casual means its not completely professional and is sold on portals like BFG and AM, among others. Non-casual means more than 20$ or the rate then sold on its own site primarily

It's freeware. Or at least I suppose it HAS to be. I don't think I am actually allowed to sell this! >.< Not unless Amanda is willing to buy it off me and then sell it under Amaranth's label as "AV3 special edition" or whatever.

I didn't mean 'casual' like that. I meant whether it was like one of those casual games that end quickly or long ones

For example, Everlong is free and LONG. It's not casual even if it were for 10$

@theone: Well, it's probably casual. I'm not sure how long counts as "long and thus not casual anymore" :S

How quickly the game ends depends on how you play, but the longest path is pretty much playing AV3 from LOT straight through TDP. It takes less time to play than the actual Aveyond because you don't actually have to walk around places (and potentially get lost in caves) or fight monsters.

------------------------------------------

Not quite update: Still trying to figure out what more events to add to the LOT section of the game. Canonically, Gyendal does NOTHING of importance after he first shoved Stella off the cliff. I don't think what I now have is quite enough.