Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shruti

Curse at Twilight

Coming Soon!

From Us

Curse at Twilight: Darkfall Manor

August, 2011

This has been posted on the Amaranthia website forever.....It is almost August end and there has been no news whatsoever about it.... Does anyone know anything about it??!! :taz:

We are just in the process of making the last few tweaks, which will take a couple of days to do and test. I'm hoping beta testers will have it in their hot little hands before the beginning of next week, and yes, an early Sept release.

Amanda may not be updating the side panel until she has an exact date now, since it's so close.

well we all know no one can keep a secret about AV4 now so that amanda just might as well place Aveyond 4: ??? up and it's estimated date after this game is released o the public. im anitous to play the next aveyond! well of course the game that at its almost final stages may get millions playing it in 1 second of its release!

Just wondering on progress of upcoming game. Have not been able to find any info other than the coming soon bit. have not seen much on facebook either, just other developer games. Don't want to start an explosion of replies/complaints about Curse at Twilight not completed; just curious. Any info updates would be great! Kinda like to follow progress, as posted in prior game releases.

Merged topics.

~Mopiece

Beta testing is currently ongoing. We'll probably hear some more about it in the next couple weeks.

All I know about plot and whatnot is that it is -not- an Aveyond game.

Yeah, we're aiming for it. Something I learned (with either this game or the previous one) that I didn't know before, is that we can't just SAY we're having a collector's edition. With BFG, the game has to hit a certain score in areas like story, fun, tutorial, graphics, audio and several other elements before it's eligible to have a collector's edition.

We're sooooo close, it's almost certain we will have one. But we have to wait for them to give the final word :)

Not to be the devil's advocate... but I do think I prefer Gypsy's Tale. Both are beautiful games and WELL ABOVE the average hidden object game, but this game feels more... constrained, maybe? Gypsy's Tale felt like just the kind of game Amaranth Games should be making. This one feels like it struggles a little bit in trying to be more traditional when it comes to hidden object games, and it's at its best when it's not. I love the game nevertheless and hope it's extremely successful because it's just really fun, but I definitely prefer Gypsy's Tale. :) (I hope I was allowed to say that? I didn't give anything away about the actual game; I merely stated my opinion on it.)

I have to agree with iPink on being "too much like traditional HO games". I preferred the game back when the classic object-hunting scenes weren't added in yet. On the other hand, though, no classic HO = less challenge = not so much fun D:

And here's what I have to say about both GT and CAT: Thank HEAVENS for the map system!!! Do you know how FRUSTRATING it is if I have to manually go from scene to scene?? That was the case with Mystery Legends: Phantom of the Opera. Having to walk from place to place is irritatingly tedious >.<

I wonder if there's a way to infuse HO games with RPG stuff. Maybe at the very least give some choices that would affect endings? I know some HO games did that.

Edited to remove small spoiler.

~Mopiece