Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

Halloween Costume Contest (Newsletter)

It's my birthday (YAY)... BOOOoo. My favorite thing about my birthday is that it's right next to Halloween, which is my favorite holiday (4th of July being a close second). Of course the question everyone wants to know is: What are you going to dress up as!?

Yeah yeah, we did this last year, but everyone had a good time. Please keep in mind this is a public forum and if you are not over 18 you should get your parents permission before posting any pictures of yourself - Especially you young ladies!

Please also keep the pictures within the realm of reason for our young viewers! Not that we had any trouble last year with either of those things, but as fool it is my job to remind everyone that stupidity is my job and if you wouldn't want to take that away from me, now would you?

This year will not top last year's costume, I can say that with certainty, but I think it looks pretty good and we've already begun having a good time with it. Take a look!

So post pictures of your haunting, scary, silly, or creative costumes. I will judge this year's entrants, declare a winner, and then think up some clever prize! Official entry into this year's costume contest ends Nov 5th, at which point you can still post your costume but the clever prize won't be yours to win.

And yes, we did a photoshoot at Target... I mean, where else would you take that costume?!

Words from The Fool:

I think the key to a great costume is two things: Instant recognize-ability and a character that you can act out. This year's Where's Fool outfit meets both perfectly. Glow Stick Skeleton was, in fact, too amazing for words. My only regret was I don't have a video of me doing the robot in the dark with it! Feel free to voice your opinions of what makes a great costume! No fooling!

It's sad that my country doesn't celebrate Halloween. If you try to dress up strangely even on Halloween, people will probably punch you in the face out of fear. XD

Great costume! I love that idea. Now you just need to find a crowd to conceal yourself in.

I think the best costumes are the unique ones, but not obscure. Something nobody else is going to come dressed as, but everyone can easily recognize. Witches and ghosts are overrated, in my opinion.

God, I haven't been to a costume party in ages. I remember going as the green M&M one year when I was about twelve or so. I had some white leggings that went perfectly with the costume (which was the large green trademark face and white rubber gloves). Admittedly, it would have been better if the role was more defined (how do you play chocolate?), but it was fun, nonetheless.

We don't observe Hallowe'en here (in Australia). It is recognised and there are parties, but it's largely ignored. I went to a party once, as a cat, when our American contractors threw a party.

AFAIK Hallowe'en was traditionally huge in the UK, but I don't know if they still observe it. The US seems to have taken complete possession of it, LOL.

Subject of this post - my cat costume, which I hope I didn't describe here last year, was a black pedal pusher jumpsuit (knee length) with gold trim and a matching cat mask. When I arrived, I scratched on the door and miaowed for admittance. :)

My costume this year:

width=400http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/302/b/4/renaissance_dress_by_ashen_star_eclipse-d4ee5x5.jpg[/img]

width=400http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/302/a/1/renaissance_dress_2_by_ashen_star_eclipse-d4ee6cp.jpg[/img]

We were allowed to wear our costumes to work this weekend, so I wore mine today. ^^ (I will NOT be wearing this to work on Monday. It is a PAIN to bag groceries and cashier in. Those pretty pretty sleeves get caught in EVERYTHING. XD )

WALDO! ...i should expect nothing less of you.

Ashen: ooh, you finished it!!! ^_^ (and no, you don't look funny with brown hair XD)

so, my school had a thing today where we could get $2 off our order at the school cafe. and, for the first time in my life: WE HAD A SNOWSTORM. we have a snow day on halloween. I do not think there are words for how disappointed I am.

...but at least that leaves me time to get pictures of the outfit and post them here, right? XD

Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it! If you don't... well, you can always dress up and claim there's a dress up party! :D

We used to have theme parties all the time! Last one was "Creatures from Outerspace!" I went as a member of SG-1.

-Fool

@GailP: Thank you. ^^ I love it right to death myself... Just not to work in. XD

@Tei: Yep, it's done. ^^ (Ok, maybe not funny. But different.) And I can't wait to see your costume! (Even if you didn't get to wear it because of the massive snowstorm.)

Ah, it's the Grim Reaper! Well done, I'm sure you won first prize if there were any prizes going!

I'm just now reading a book set in carnival time in Venice - Carnevale - so it's timely. :)

and here i was thinking that tei and i would miss this because we couldn't find our memory card reader!!

you'll get one from each tei and me! ^_^ ...assuming we can find the card reader... >_<

Not too late, not at all. Closing submissions for victory in like, 3 hours. Last call!

and ... how come our vampire looks so depressed!? And why is he out in the sun? Is this related to the depression? Mysterious.

How'd you make the snakes Medusa?

-Fool

The ones that stick up is an upside-down spider under a hat with bendy legs that are covered with felt and sparkly cloth. The others that don't stick up are store-bought rubbery-ish ones.

Maaan I had a lot of trouble deciding between KTC and Ariana, but in the end I have to go with KTC - mostly because it's a full body picture and I can't be sure how the rest of Ariana's costume looks!

As promised, an awesome prize awaits!

KTC, pick any game we sell and I will buy it for you :)

Thanks to everyone else for entering! I'll see about awarding everyone else some gold for participating.

-Fool