Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
theAdept_Rogue

Guilds Saga- RP Thread

http://www.lia-guild.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Alliance-logo-wow-warcraftrevamp.png [/img]

"Welcome to Namta- a kingdom once ruled by chaos and conflicts. Worry not, the dark times are over, and the Guilds now protect the lands. You may wish to be a part of the clans, where you can find yourself a new home. A word of caution though, be careful when choosing your guild, as they all have differing morals and etiquette."

~signed, The Council

All you need to know about this RP can be found in this page.

Introduction

Lotto slouched on his office's armchair, his fingers tapping rhythmically against the cold, marbled desk. Strewn across the surface of the table were reports on the Guilds' activities in Namta.

The Emporium were doing well, as usual. They weren't the largest guild for nothing, and certainly had a knack in managing their finances. The Phoenix Circle, meanwhile, couldn't have fared better. The Council had been painstakingly busy lately, and had to pass plenty of jobs for that particular guild.

The Death Scythe, however, was a major trouble. A relatively new guild (compared to the other two, anyway), it had grown to a frightfully powerful force; each of its members had dreadful records of performing shady quests that is dangerously close to illegal activities. They never cause enough trouble to be disbanded, or even put under probation, but they could really be trying.

Just as Lotto was about to clean up the sheaves of documents cluttering his table, a subordinate entered and reported that a team of Death Scythe members had destroyed a large portion of Lyre during a supposed mission. He dropped his papers, and at that particular moment, Lotto felt like howling with frustration.

~*~

A faint outline of a humanoid figure hovered in the Headquarters of the Death Scythe guild, clapping hands to gain his members' attention.

The third Leader of Death Scythe, Aeron, spoke in a clear, sharp voice, in contrast to his blurry form that could hardly be seen.

"The Council had issued a letter this morning, claiming that several members of this guild destroyed half the town of Lyre while completing a mission."

The guild were silent for several minutes, aside from several murmurs, before the ghostly leader's voice rang again.

"They've issued a large fine and, unless the culprits turn themselves in, will put us under a half-year probation. Now the Council -and probably every other citizen of Namta- will have the right to enter this very hall and raid the place if that ever happens- and we certainly do not want that, do we?"

Loud babbles and indignant exclamations erupted, but quickly died down when a transparent hand rose to demand silence.

"Now I do not condemn a member for causing trouble outside; and I will not mind whether you will destroy a house, or a whole city, or even the Council's headquarter- as long as you are subtle enough to not get caught. But," Aeron's faded eyes reflected danger, "I will not let off anyone who inconvenience our guild as lightly."

He then spun around, pointing at four separate figures as he did so. "Vance Carlson, Claes Lunette, Calvin and Keith Taylor. I know you four were the ones responsible for this, and as I have said earlier, I will not let you off easily."

The accused ones appeared worried, but remained silent; they knew better than to lie to their leader, or try to beg pardon to the merciless figure. Beams of golden light crackled from Aeron's fingertips- striking the four. His time magic worked marvelously, and his targets crumbled into dust, as though they have lived through a million years.

"I will handle this matter with the Council. May this serve you as a reminder to what happens if anyone brings trouble to this guild"

With those final words, the Spectre vanished, leaving the halls in complete silence.

Tacitus spun both axes in perfect, complete circles. Then, he released them simultaneously. They both thudded into targets which represented Fallen Ones. He then turned and snapped the head off another target with his claws. He was getting sick of practice and couldn't wait for his next Fallen target.

When she first heard of the devastation caused by her fellow guild members in Lyre, she was excited. But as Aeron spoke, she realized just how careless and stupid Vance, Claes, and the Taylors' actions were. They endangered the Death Scythe Guild and everyone associated with it. The principle reason she was allowed to go out on scouting missions in the first place was her ability to avoid detection.

Talyn Barrows reveled in spying for the Fallen Ones. As a newly recruited Fallen One, it was a chance to prove her worth to the Death Scythe Guild, and to lay to rest any rumors that she might be on the side of the Council, the humans, and any species associated with either. She hoped one day she would be given the chance to go into battle against the humans and their allies, but until then, she had her orders.

Seranis twitched at yet another mathematical calculation as she idly lounged upon her office chair. A half-empty bottle of alcohol, a lot of paperwork, a lot of paperwork, her glasses, her hair comb and brush and also a few things other people would consider useless cluttered her table. In fact, the entire office was squeaky clean; the only exceptions were the owner and her desk.

"What the hell..." she sloppily wrote 78x as the very easy answer to the problem, and took a look at the paperwork mountain. "Stupid guilds... stupid guilds with lame names... stupid \guilds with lame names and sick senses of humor..."

Some Death Scythe members had destroyed a portion of Lyre, as she had found out by a fellow subordinate. She wondered if the other members had received the news, and shook her head. They were more stressed than she was, and she also had to calculate the damage repair cost, reputation, and all those. Death Scythes were rather...well, undetectably and suspiciously non-trouble-making. And now, the evidence pointed to them. Whatever would the guild leader say to us...?

A glance at the half empty bottle of alcohol.

She picked it up and downed it, keeping a bottle of painkillers beside the bottle handy.

---

((edited!))

(I misunderstood the point of the Death Scythe. Can you make Amon an unguilded Fallen?)

Amon was annoyed that no one had a job for it. It decided to go after random guild members just to give itself something to do. It shapeshifted to look like a regular, human citizen and covered itself with hidden daggers.

By the time it returned a quarter of an hour later, two Emporium members and an unfortunate citizen who had noticed a man drawing a knife from his sleeve were dead.

Naomi paced back and forth. She had been busy, keeping track of everyone who was gone on jobs for the Council, and who got back when. She didn't know why she did this, just something to pass the time. She picked up her jeweled dagger, practiced jabbing it randomly in the air a few times, then decided to go and check on her guild, though she couldn't care less about the personal lives of it's members.

"Did you hear?"

"Hear what?"

Thunk! A dagger hit the center mark on a target across the room.

"Seems like Lyre was attacked by the Deathe Scythe guild. Half of the town is destroyed. Lots of deaths."

"Running amok again, those Fallen degenerates, eh?" Noel said with a sigh. She threw one last dagger, which landed just millimeters to the left from the center. "So, what's the plan? Charge into their headquarters and beat up some of them until they tell us who the culprits are?"

Leon shuffled through the report on Lyre, not bothering to look up into his sister's eyes - he knew from experience that she was itching to crack a few skulls. "You know we can't do that without starting an all-out war, sister. We're to meet with Aeron, their leader. In the meantime, we'll arrange for some relief workers to head to Lyre to help rebuild and tend to the injured."

Noel crossed her arms, a slight shiver running through her body. "Ugh, he's so creepy, he shouldn't be allowed. Well, I suppose there's nothing for it. Let's go and meet him before I change my mind."

With barely a pause, Noel tossed back her long blonde hair, strapped her trusty Claymore sword to her back, and exited their shared office. Leon hurriedly stacked his papers, clipping them together in the process, and followed suit.

Kendra shifted her position so that she was looking at her painting from a different angle. It was a painting of a vase of flowers.

But Kendra was getting bored of just painting all day. She wished she could get a job to do. Maybe it was because she was so young. Maybe because she wasn't the greatest with weapons.

And besides, she was running out of money for painting materials. And for clothes that she'd probably never wear, but just liked to have.

She groaned. She just couldn't get this shade of blue right. Sighing, she wiped the wet paint with a cloth and continued to try to make the perfect color. Well, at least it was a distraction from her longing to have an adventure. At least for a little while.

((@Aeternus:uh, how did Leon & Noel knows that the Death Scythe comprises 'Fallen degenerates'? The whole point of the guild is to be able to move around Namta without being arrested for being Fallen Ones

@rubymist: the Death Scythe is not a brand new guild as your post seemed to suggest. As you recall, Guilds had existed for almost a century, and the Death Scythe is simply not as old as the Phoenix Circle and Emporium. I mean, hey, it has changed leaders twice already.))

Tacitus hated Fallens. Fallens and Death Scythe members. He had just learned that a group of the latter had destroyed part of Lyre. Now, some Fallens might use this weakened area to their advantage. And everyone there knew the Emporium would have to help to avoid chaos, so they wouldn't be able to charge as much. He would've sworn quite profusely if he could talk.

((@Aeternus:uh, how did Leon & Noel knows that the Death Scythe comprises 'Fallen degenerates'? The whole point of the guild is to be able to move around Namta without being arrested for being Fallen Ones

@rubymist: the Death Scythe is not a brand new guild as your post seemed to suggest. As you recall, Guilds had existed for almost a century, and the Death Scythe is simply not as old as the Phoenix Circle and Emporium. I mean, hey, it has changed leaders twice already.

@all: I don't think any of you truly understand the role of Death Scythe in here. It is made by Fallen Ones, yes, but most of the time the act like normal guilds. They are usually more sly/subtle in their trouble making, that it can't be traced back to them, though many suspected likewise. This one is a rare case because some of the members suck))

Lotto positioned one seat of the six that surrounded the circular table of the Council's Main Headquarters. He had received a formal response from the Death Scythe's leader- Aeron- that he will take the responsibility of the destruction of Lyre, with the condition that the council will leave his guild alone.

But as he is in no position to make decision for what is to be done to the Guilds, Lotto had decided to summon all the members of the Council to discuss on this matter. And as much as he hated to allow the man to enter the Headquarters, the Council had agreed that Aeron should attend the meet as well.

A knock was heard from outside his door and Lotto called the person in. A subordinate came and reported to him that two Emporium members and a civilian were found dead on the streets, but Lotto was in no mood to deal with further trouble. And besides, when half a city had been destroyed, the death of three citizens didn't seem so big. He'd just assign the Phoenix Circle to investigate this matter.

(@Adept - If you mean me, too, Tacitus doesn't know the Death Scythe members are Fallens. He just hates them. Well, actually, he hates the Pheonix Circle, too, and the Council...and a lot of the Emporium, though a little less. He pretty much hates anyone or anything who doesn't give him money. He's just more irritated than usual with the Death Scythe due to the reasons in the post.)

(ooc: medium sized edit to pup's info: Talyn does not know who 'made' her, much less live with him, but for backstory purposes, her 'creator' is Aeron (who also does not remember that he created Talyn).)

~~~*~~~

After Aeron 'dismissed' everyone, Talyn decided to head back to her cave. It was a bit far off, so she had time to think.

She was a new recruit to the Death Scythe Guild, only having joined a few weeks ago. She had been out 'harvesting', as she liked to call it, and had lost track of time.

Sunlight streamed in through a partially shuttered window, catching her attention. Talyn panicked, knowing that if the sun trapped her, she would die. But in the next few moments, her environment went from waning darkness to full night. Two men appeared before her, one with a finger to his lips, the other with some weapons. The first beckoned her to follow, while the other fell behind. Talyn resisted at first, attempting to attack the first man, but he simply raised his hand again and the room grew brighter. Talyn shrieked, and squeezed her eyes shut. About thirty seconds passed, and she gradually felt a calm pass over her. She cautiously opened one eye and saw the room was dark again, and the two men were staring at her. The one with the weaponry grunted heatedly, but the first just beckoned again. She had no choice; she had to follow.

They traveled a great while until they came to a fortress where out front, the two men greeted a small group of creatures Talyn could only gleefully describe as monsters.

"Not sure what she is, but a few of the guys who've seen her think she's a Spectre."

"Didn't Rucker say she was talking to some humans from the council? Some guy with a couple of kids with him."

Talyn remembered the man they were speaking about. Darius Barrows. He claimed to be her husband, he even paraded three children in front of her. If his wizard friend hadn't given him a charm to temporarily raise the sun, she would have maliciously attacked him and made him watch while she annihilated his spawn.

"I never would have joined him. I hate humans and anyone who stands with them."

The one who created the shroud of darkness around her laughed.

"Well, anyway, it doesn't matter what we say, if the folks in charge say you're in, you're in."

Talyn had her detractors, but most of her superiors trusted her enough to allow her admittance into the Death Scythe Guild. They even provided her with an underground cavern to live in while she wasn't out doing her work. All they required was her loyalty.

As dusk approaches, Eden finally rose from his slumber and headed towards the Council Headquarters- where there will be a meeting with Death Scythe's leader, Aeron, regarding the destruction of Lyre.

Stepping into the Council's great hall, Eden saw a fellow member- Lotto Aravis- already seated and was going through some documents. He's early, and efficient, as always.

Now Lotto, noticing someone else's presence in the room and looked up from the papers he was reading. He felt slightly tensed when he realized the newcomer was Eden- the newest member of the Council. It wasn't that he disliked the man, but Eden had only came into position less than a year ago, and Lotto is not used to his presence yet.

It did not help that Eden seemed to sympathize with the Death Scythe guild; he's always the first to take their side when the members caused trouble, and always the last and most reluctant to agree if the Council were forced to take action against them.

"The others are not here yet?" the blonde's mystical voice echoed eerily across the halls. Lotto silently shook his head, and dropped his gaze back to his papers- mentally adding another reason why Eden was not a pleasant fellow to spend your time alone with.

Seranis held her head as her vision blurred, much like it would without glasses aid, and cursed. Taking headache pills two at a time without water wasn't a good idea. Still, at least she could think clearly now, thank God. Alcohol tolerance was quite handy.

If she remembered, she had to go to a meeting, concerning the Death Scythe Leader. It was still early, but with her balance condition, she would take an extra five minutes. She opened her cupboard, took a few more pills, and uncertainly walked towards where the meetings always took place. As she entered, she noticed two presences - Aravis and Eden. The former was organizing documents, it appeared.

Well, damn.

"...hello," she mumbled quietly, hoping that they didn't hear. What a dumb thing to say for a council member. Whatever would Mother say...? Probably shaking her head beyond the grave. Probably dancing polka with Bubb the Bubbly and Crazovia the Crazy.

((OOC: I check it when I get a notification. ;) Don't worry, I refuse to let this rp die! I'm apping another pup as we speak. *stupid height/weight ratio BMI whatsitnowbodytypeGNAH*

EDIT: Um, *shifty* am I the only one who is getting a stretched out page? ))

((OOC: Sigh, I was thinking to wait for Aet and iPink's characters to arrive, actually- so I'm sorry for the lack of 'updates'. But nevermind. I'll start the meeting before them. And since iPink's character never checked in, I'm replacing her slot with copper_blue's new character))

"...hello,"

At the sound of the new arrival, both Lotto and Eden immediately looked up to see Seranis Rirurerian near the entrance. Lotto gave her a small smile- relieved to have some other company besides Eden. "Glad to see you come on time, Miss Sera," he said pleasantly, "Have a seat, please. We will start the meeting once Mr. Aeron is here"

Giving time for the young woman to settle herself, Lotto quickly summoned a subordinate to ask them if Mr. Darius Barrows and the Kloets will be coming. The subordinate politely informed him that, while he did not manage to contace the latter, Darius Barrows would be arriving soon. Running a hand through his crimson hair, Lotto gave an audible sighed and closed his eyes for a quick rest. Eden, meanwhile, decided to amuse himself by doodling on the papers placed in front of him- which fortunately, Lotto had not realized.

~*~

The Death Scythe guild had quited down since the last blunder regarding Lyre. Aeron had forbidden none of the members take any high-risked jobs for the moment- lest they get too suspicious and give the Council a reason to search through them . Of course, some craftier members could get around this by stealing quests meant for other, lesser known guilds. Such method were not recommended though, unless the member could ascertain that his or her actions would not be traced back to the the Death Scythe's guild.

Ensuring one last time that the members would not cause trouble in his absence, Aeron finally departed- heading to the Council Headquarters.

((OOC: Note that Leon and Noel are not officially removed, so please do not take their slots yet until they are))

Today Darius Barrows had decided to take a longer route than the one he usually took when he had to go to Council meetings. He didn't hate Council meetings, nor being on the Council, he supposed. The whole mess just left him feeling conflicted. His wife was a Spectre...

No.

His wife is a Spectre. She was a woman, a loving, generous, happy, wonderful woman who gave him more joy than he had thought possible. Three children, a warm and inviting home, a thriving business, they shared in so much.

Now he only had memories. Memories he tried to keep fresh in the minds of their children. But it was hard. Most of their neighbors had taken up with the hunters, his eldest had even been invited to join a guild. The youngest sometimes wakes up screaming during the night, saying that her mother was at her window.

The times Talyn did appear at their windows were the absolute worst. To see his wife, broken and dead, with nothing but rage and hatred in her once lively eyes almost brought him to his knees.

Before going in, Darius collected himself.

The last thing I need is to draw attention to myself, he thought. He sighed heavily and entered quietly, finding a seat and settling into it.

"Apologies if I kept anyone waiting, Byrn had night terrors so I had a difficult time getting her up this morning."

When Darius Barrows finally announced his presence, Lotto quickly rose from his seat and nodded at the older man in respect, only returning to his original position when the latter had sat down.

Eden spared the newcomer a sideway glance, but apart from that, he showed no signs of acknowledging Darius's presence and, instead, shifted his gaze towards the ceiling.

Lotto was about to reprimand the blond man to be more serious, but a blur of movement coming from the entrance diverted his attention.

Now standing -or floating, to be exact- before the council was Aeron- current leader of the Death Scythe guild. The aura of his presence were strong, but his transparent figure made it difficult for most others to acknowledge that there is an entity present on the space he occupied.

The spectre did not seem to mind being regarded with this silence, however. "Greetings. I am very pleased that you are willing to listen to my proposal, which is quite against the discipline you might want to impose to my guild..." his voice trailed away, as dark orbs moved towards the direction of two empty seats. "Ah, there seem to be some absent members among you. Shall we wait for them or shall I continue?"

~*~

A man stood before the entrance of the Phoenix Circle Guild. His gloved hand carried a parchment bearing the mark of the Council. The neatly penned words from Lotto Aravis was scrawled across the parchment.

To Naomi Farbank, Leader of the Phoenix Circle

The Council had received news of the murder of three citizens of Namta, very shortly after the destruction of Eastern Lyre. Very few details of the murder are known- and the Phoenix Circle guild are instructed to investigate on this matter.

Report to the Council for any discoveries. Payment would depend on the relevance of the information.

Sincerely,

Lotto Aravis.

((OOC: I'm letting someone else talk about Aet's missing character, because I don't want to control the flow of the story too much. Also, if the guild leaders/members can't have the initiative to get their own quests, I'm assigning them.))

A voice jolted Seranis out of her daydreams and she glanced at the newest arrival - Darius Barrows. He had seated himself, and she cursed herself for not paying attention. Mother would not be proud. Aravis had stood and nodded, but Eden had done nothing. Sigh. Anyway, she herself followed Aravis' example and stood up before nodding and sitting down again. Let others think she was a parrot, but she was being decidedly uncreative today.

Another voice - the leader of the Death Scythe guild. Well, don't we have a party, she thought darkly and unreasonably, but remained quiet. Then again, Aeron was saying...something. She could just barely manage to bother listening enough to make out the words 'absent', 'members', and 'wait'. Sighing again, she had just opened her mouth to say they should wait, but thought better of it and closed it, frowning. Must have been the alcohol.

Darius had no sooner sat down, greeting each show of respect and nonchalance in kind, when he felt the presense of the Death Scythe guild leader. His hair bristled slightly, uncontrollably, but he knew he couldn't lose composure.

The sooner this darkness was gone from their midst, the better.

Firmly, resolutely, he spoke up. "No. You may continue, those that mean to be here are here, and those that don't, are not."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talyn had been thinking. A pastime she both enjoyed and abhored, because while she did enjoy thinking up new and inventive ways to torture humans, she would rather be putting her thoughts into action. In fact, she needed to put her thoughts into action.

She needed allies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some people say Henrick Jansen is bloodthirsty. But Henrick Jansen disagrees. He has no thirst for blood, seeing as how he isn't a vampire or some other such beast that drinks blood. He drinks mead, or other hard liquor. It's what he likes. He also likes kicking the sn-

His senses alert him to something and he runs off into the woods, axe at the ready.

((OOC: Hope that's okay (bit with Darius 'explaining' the absenses). I can change it tomorrow if it isn't.))