Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
anonymous

The Supreme Evil (open RP)

Click here to sign up. I'll later move the character profiles into the original post.

A small group of evil Magi, Warlocks, and Daemons called the Supreme Evil has been threatening the world for thousands of years, ever since they first were fought into the shadows. And now they've managed to conquer the kingdom of Lurkrea. Their leader, Antagon the treacherous prince of the great kingdom Ma'lar, has renamed Lurkrea 'Great Evilni' and threatens to take over the world. The only chance is if Fontyr, king of Ma'lar, can reform the ancient band of warriors who defeated the Supreme Evil the first time they rose up--the Greater Good.

Now that the Greater Good has enough members, they must travel around the world, battling servants, slaves and members of the Supreme Evil. When they reach Great Evilni, they must face the ultimate Dark Magic, along with the inner circle of the Supreme Evil.

Rules:

1. Speak in third person, past or present tense.

2. No godmoding or having your characters do things their description doesn't mention.

3. Try to make your posts make sense with previous posts.

Protagon twirled his knife absently in his hand, waiting for the five warriors under his command. He was itching to go after his treacherous twin brother.

Antagon heaved a knife into his slave's chest in fury. It did nothing, of course; his personal slaves were just the animated corpses of his servants when he was still prince of Ma'lar. Butit was a good vent for his anger. "FONTYR HAS DONE WHAT?!" he bellowed.

"Recreated the Greater Good, Pri--King Antagon," the slave replied. "Your bro--Prince Protagon is leading five of them to Great Evilni."

Antagon struggled to retain his fury. "Very well then," he said. "Send the Wolfmen at them. But have the beasts take my brother to me, instead of killing him. I want to slay him personally."

Tasha looked around her room, now stripped of all her belongings. It looked the same as when she had first joined the circus, save for the walls she had painted blue. It hurt to think that in a few months time her room--the room she had spent most her life in--would be inhabited by another preformer, but it was for the best. In fact, the world might flat out end if she got sentimental and stayed.

She shook her head. Now there was a foolish thought. What use could one little girl be to the fate of the world? But she still felt she had to do something to help, a circus troupe wouldn't be much good in a bleak world where evil ruled. But even so, she couldn't help but miss her old friends, whom she had already said her goodbyes to last evening, as she had to get up early that morning.

"Ridicolously early, at that" she muttered as she stepped outside under the still dark sky, the cold morning air hitting her face. Tasha was usually by all means a morning person, one of the only people in the troupe who would be wide awake and as happy as a kitten with a toy, but this was just absurd.

-o-

After several hours of lithely running through wilderness, walking down sunbaked roads and hidgehiking a ride from a kindly old man driving a cart full of firewood, she reached her destination.

Upon seeing a man twirling a knife in his hand, she immediatly tensed.

This is just Protagon guy who recruited us Tasha told herself in her head or at least I hope it is.

She hesitantly raised her hand, forcing her eyes away from their wary observation of his dagger to the mans face.

"Um, hi?" It came out as more of a question. "I'm Tasha...one of the, err, warriors you recruited" she said nervously, unsure as to if she could really call herself a warrior. Well, whatever she was, there was no turning back now.

Avarea stared at the ceiling, examining each crack and smudge of paint with extreme care from her most comfortable vantage point on the bed of her room for the night.

Well, technically last night. Her gaze wandered to the wooden window sill to gaze at the sunlight streaming through it as though it mortally offended her.

For the past half hour she had been sitting in her room, staring at whatever seemed the most interesting in her line of sight, waiting for the appointed time that she was supposed to meet the man who was to lead her to the man that had killed her family. The time had been passing agonizingly slow, hense her resentment to that beem of sunlight marking that it was not yet time.

With a sigh, she sat up. Maybe she could go for a walk around town to pass the time. If she was lucky she might find an interesting bird to aquire the shift of. Hell, chasing a bird around was always childishly entertaining, she might just do it anyway.

With a grin on her face, she grabbed her pack and lept out the window, not bothering with the door, a bad habit made by spending a measurable amount of her time as a bird.

She managed to entertain herself wandering through the market, nothing cathing her eye enough to steal.

Eventually it was time to meet Protagon--or whoever he was. When Avarea got there there was already a small girl there, looking rather nervous.

"You're the guy rounding up the greater good or whatever, right?" she asked,hand on hip. "I'm Avarea"

Protagon glanced up at the arrival of the two girls. "Hello, Tasha, Avarea. Yes, I'm Protagon. If you're members of the Greater Good, my father will have given you tokens with GG stamped on them, may I see those?"

(Sorry there was no former mention of the token thing. I just thought of it and there's no good place to add it. Just make them have tokens, please, or Protagon won't trust them.)

Tanya is a restless woman by nature. She left home before she had even turned sixteen, and when given the chance to study to become a full-fledged cleric at the castle in the capitol city of her small island country, she turned it down with barely a thought and instead, set out to study under the tutelage of anyone she happened to meet, where ever they happened to be.

She doesn't regret any of it, though. Her family knows she loves and misses them dearly when she's away, but she writes at least one letter a week and goes to see them at least four times a year. Her brother, especially, ever since he married and had children. She dearly loves her little nieces and nephew.

She tells herself that that is precisely the reason she agreed to this mission. She had been living in Ma'lar for less than a year, but had come to care for the people there as if they were family and friends from back home. This evil that is taking over must be stopped before it could spread and do any more damage.

When Tanya reached the predetermined meeting place, she saw a few people milling about. She waved to get their attention.

"Hello! I'm Tanya Barrows, I was recruited." She suddenly remembered one thing. "I've got this medallion, I think I'm supposed to show it to whoever's in charge." She pulls the token out of her bag and holds it up.

Tasha blinked.

"Oh, right, the medallion thingies!"

On that oh-so-intelligent note, Tahsa began to rifle through her pack. Finiding the token, she pulled it out and held it out, the mystery girl (avarea) doing the same.

(It wasn't long enough to really bother doing two serperate POVs)

"Hello, Tanya." Protagon nodded thoughtfully, then lifted his hand. The three tokens flew into his palm and glowed black. They faded with the light, and 'GG' was magically inscribed on their shirts in gold lettering. "Welcome to the Greater Good. We'll get going when the other two arrive."

((This might seem stupid to ask, but where is everyone at this point? It isn't very clear if they're in a forest, or a town or something. Sorry.))

((Oh, and if you're confused by this, Kulina's mostly insane.))

Kulina laughed and twirled around as she skipped towards the meeting place. It had been a spur of the moment decision, and she wasn't regretting it quite yet. Of course, Kulina didn't really regret anything. She had killed some people, and she made light of everything, but it was fun. And life was supposed to be fun, right?!

The elf kept skipping, and cursed when she almost tripped over a branch. She incinerated the branch, but put out the fire quickly. She didn't want to start a forest fire... That would be too much.

A few minutes later, she reached the meeting place. There were a few people that were already there. They must have been the recruits and the prince, Kulina though.

"Lalalalala! Here's my token!" Kulina said in a sing-song voice as she pulled the GG marked token from a pocket and tossed it to the prince. She threw it gently, for once in her life.

The elf sat on the ground promptly, and started to poke at a bug. She tired of it quickly, and set it on fire.

(Ooooops. They're...um...in the palace gardens! Yeah, that's it!)

Protagon snatched the token out of mid-air and used it to put the GG on the elf's outfit. He hid a smile at her antics. "Hello, Miss..." he said, indirectly questioning her name.

((Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!))

"Oh, I'm Kulina!" she said in a singsong voice. The elf ran over to the nearest flowerbed, and started to prod the flowers into a shape that looked ugly, but was quite pleasing to her.

"Where're we going first? And do I get to blow things up?" Kulina asked, her personality becoming a bit darker. She laughed again afterwards, and returned to playing with the flowers. This time, she was careful to not set anything on fire. Flowers were much too precious...

Once satisfied with the arrangement of the greenery, she stood up again and looked towards the Prince.

Other two? Tanya thought, excited. This should be entertaining. She chuckles softly to herself, trying to imagine who -or what- the other two are.

A voice in her head tells her this would be a perfect time to practice either her mental or physical skills, but in response, she simply huffs and scrunches up her face.

Practice. So boring.

"We're going to Great Evilni to fight the most powerful villains in the world and yes, you can things up. In fact, blow up lots of thigs once we're there, it would help," Protagon told Kulina. "While we wait for Miss...Winter, I think she's called..." he continued, standing up, "we would do well to practice, since we're about to fight the ultimate evil organization. I suggest you practice on the trees, a new one instantly grows if you smash one, chop one in half"...he looked at Kulina..."incinerate one, or blow one up."

He walked up to a large darkwood oak and placed his hand against the bark. He nodded several times, then punched straight through the bark, his hand coming out the back of the tree. He pulled his hand out again, and the tree filled the hole while he rubbed his wrist. "See?"

((It's actually so much fun writing Kulina. She just does whatever. :P))

"While we wait for Miss...Winter, I think she's called..." he continued, standing up, "we would do well to practice, since we're about to fight the ultimate evil organization. I suggest you practice on the trees, a new one instantly grows if you smash one, chop one in half"...he looked at Kulina..."incinerate one, or blow one up." Protagon said.

Kulina noticed the glance, and jumped over to a tree. "Winter's a pretty name," she said as she sized it up, gave it a hug, let it go again, and stared at it. Of course, the tree made no move against her, and certainly didn't hug her back. This was not good for the tree.

"Why didn't you hug me back??!!" Kulina shouted at the tree, making wild arm movements. She roared at the tree quite angrily. "You're gonna pay!"

The elf said something unintelligible, and the tree caught fire. As the fire crackled and popped, Kulina apologized profusely to the tree, not bothering to look at her companions.

Tanya blinks once but shakes herself. Figures he's a mind reader.

"Hey, uh, Protagon, is it? Do you read minds? Heck," She turns to the others, "do any of you read minds? Because that's pretty much my biggest weakness. I mean, I've got a really open mind, which is good, people have told me, 'cause it opens me up to learning a lot more spells and junk a lot quicker, but it also opens me up to mind control."

Tanya pauses.

"Or should I just sit here and meditate? Because I can do that too..." Useless. Completely useless. She mentally smacks herself, regretting signing on to help. First thing that's going to happen is some baddie is going to zero right in on her brain and eat her alive.

UGH.

"UGH!!! Stupid. Useless. Can't. Do. Anything!" A stream of pale purple light pours out from her body slowly, seeping to the ground. "Never should have left home, I am..." Tanya notices the light and quickly inhales, and the aura is gone almost instantly, pulled in reverse.

"Sorry I'm not so good at this I haven't been properly trained sometimes it just comes out on it's own especially when I'm feeling really self-conscious why did I just say all that." She catches a breath and stares wide-eyed all around her.

What's a simple human going to do against the forces of evil, anyway?

((OOC: Tanya talks a good game, but is so very intimidated right now. XD She's all "OMG SUPERPEOPLE." I mean, she's met 'super' beings on her travels, but to be teamed up with them? WOW. LOL.))

Protagon stared at Kulina for a full minute, then turned to Tanya. "No," he said. "Why do you ask? Oh, and your friends are right, but you really should work on closing your mind. I'm sure Antagon has many mind controllers in his service. I suggest you either meditate for 777 days on controlling yourself, or find a focus point."

((....everyone posts the one night my internet bugs up...))

Tasha stared rather incredulously at the group she was going to be traveling with. After all her time in the circus she was used to touchy people of questionable mental stability, but this was a bit over the top.

Her attention snapped back to Protagon as he spoke, her gaze soon shifting to the trees, then onto the crazy woman who had introduced herself Kulina.

Her attention was soon averted to the woman who had introduced herself as Tanya as she started to berate herself. Tasha warily stepped back as the purple light pooled around her.

"Ummm, I don't read minds" she said after the purple light had disappeared, half raising her hand. "I can't really do anything Magic" she frowned. "All I can do is Acrobatics"

With that, she casually flipped into a hand stand and padded over to a tree that was a reasonable distance away from the crazy girl burning trees.

When she was in front of the tree for a moment she stayed like that. Then, as fast as she could, she flipped back onto her feet, pulling a knife from it's position strapped to her thigh and lashed out at the tree, creating a rather deep gash the length of her arm across the tree's trunk.

Almost immediately, the wound closed up. Fascinated, she dug the dagger into the tree once more before taking it out again and watching it close up. Sure, she'd heard Protogan say the trees would do this but hearing it and seeing it were two different things.

A grin slowly crept onto her face. Backing up a few paces, she took a running start at the tree. When she reached the plant she placed a foot on the trunk and managed to get a fair distance up the tree before gravity caught up with her. Before she could tumble to the ground she pushed off against the trunk and flipped away, slashing at the tree again while she was in mid air.

Landing firmly on the ground, she put her hands on her hips and grinned triumphantly at the closing slash against the tree trunk. At the circus she was never able to find anything to practice this with, as they mostly set up tent in town squares.

Grin still on her face, she backed up a little and tried again.

Avarea, having grown up in the streets, had learned that it could cost you your life not to pay attention to your surroundings, people and objects.

So she watched carefully as the crazy woman blew up a tree (she wondered if she was that bad when she had shifted too much. Remembering her sisters complaints when they still traveled together, she probably was), as the other one--Tanya, was it?--let some sort of magic leak from her and as the young girl ran up a tree.

She wondered what she was supposed to be doing here. Most of her strength lay in her shifting, and if they were just practicing until the Winter girl arrived there wasn't much point.

Fingering the dagger in her belt, she remembered her sisters complaints of how she relied to much on her powers. A wry smile crept onto her face. As much as she hated to admit it, Vorie was and had been right. Sighing, she wandered over to a tree. She missed her sister, but she had to do this.

Taking a deep breath, she wiped the forlorn expression off her face and drew her dagger. She robotically practiced basic jabs, working her way up to the complex drills Vorie had taught her but she had never bothered to practice. In her mind she was thinking of the night she had left her sister, leaving a note explaining why she had left, even though she had all but screamed her reasons at Vorie in their fight mere hours earlier from her departure.

Her heart twisted in pain, causing her to momentarily fumble with her knife. Regaining her composure, she shook her head to clear it. She wasn't going to die. After she killed Antagon she would find her sister again.

A grim smile found it's way onto her face as a particularly vicious jab embedded the knife in the trees trunk.

Protagon concentrated, and a clone of him with an enormous black battleaxe and full armor appeared and instatly attacked him. He parried the axe's handle with his knife, and the two hims instantly were locked in a knife-on-axe practice battle.

Almost everyone was looking at her funny. She was being ridiculous. Her family taught her to be stronger than that.

"I apologize for my behaviour, I don't know what's wrong with me today. It won't happen again, I swear."

Tanya shakes herself a little, remembering the words of her teacher. Find the strength of earth, the fluidity of water, the spark of fire and the breath of air. Simple words she didn't really dwell too much on at the time, but came back to her now.

She watched the people around her intently for a moment, looking to see if and where her skills would be best utilized if needed in a support role before finally settling down to meditate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tollak laughed a little and opened his eyes. Entertaining enough, which is important. The world is Tollak's circus, he is the Ringmaster, Lion Tamer, and, most importantly, the Audience.

This toy, Tanya, was new. He had met her in the forest one day a few weeks before after being awakened from his nap. Tollak would have been cross with her, but saw such potential for play that he decided to be kind. She had noticed him, and demanded he come down from his perennial perch and address her. Tollak lightly jumped down, his hands up to indicate he meant Tanya no harm. He looked her deep in the eyes and introduced himself as 'Messiach', one of his newer aliases. The rest of the conversation wasn't particularly enjoyable for Tollak, it almost seemed to drag on while she 'regaled' him with stories of her travels, but he supposed it would just mean that this game would be that much more fun.

You think you're so special? No little dung beetle, in truth, you are boring. And for that, you must be punished.

((okay, let's see if I can write Anika right! Also, I think I should add that Anika is kind of addicted to magic. If I got anything about the Evilini place wrong, tell me please?))

Anika was in her chambers, re-reading an old spellbook she had already memorized when she heard hushed voices just outside her door.

"...hear? Prince Protagon has recreated the Greater Good!"

Anika froze. The Greater Good? Back? A grin crept on to her face. This would be entertaining.

Closing the book she was reading, she got up and walked over to her door. Taking a moment to admire the powerful wards proctecting her room from any attack to come to it before she opened the door, the magic in the door zinging through her body.

The servants had apparantly left, as they were nowhere to been seen in the hall. Anika paid their absense no mind and headed straight for the Throne Room.

When she reached it she marched up to Antagon, stopping a few feet short of him.

"So what's up with the Greater Good and you're brother?" she asked matter-of-factly, putting her hands on her hips.

Because she was the only person either crazy enough or confident enough to treat the King of Evilini with such disrespect.

((gives you a chance to get Antagon off his lazy but, Magus))

((okay, let's see if I can write Anika right! Also, I think I should add that Anika is kind of addicted to magic. If I got anything about the Evilini place wrong, tell me please?))

Anika was in her chambers, re-reading an old spellbook she had already memorized when she heard hushed voices just outside her door.

"...hear? Prince Protagon has recreated the Greater Good!"

Anika froze. The Greater Good? Back? A grin crept on to her face. This would be entertaining.

Closing the book she was reading, she got up and walked over to her door. Taking a moment to admire the powerful wards proctecting her room from any attack to come to it before she opened the door, the magic in the door zinging through her body.

The servants had apparantly left, as they were nowhere to been seen in the hall. Anika paid their absense no mind and headed straight for the Throne Room.

When she reached it she marched up to Antagon, stopping a few feet short of him.

"So what's up with the Greater Good and you're brother?" she asked matter-of-factly, putting her hands on her hips.

Because she was the only person either crazy enough or confident enough to treat the King of Evilini with such disrespect.

((gives you a chance to get Antagon off his lazy but, Magus))

Antagon ignored the disrespect. He needed her helping the organization, and she knew it. "I'm sure you learned plenty from whoever told you," he snapped. "However, I will tell you that this is major. Send whoever and whatever you wish after them--but make sure you send no one important. Odds are, even if your forces do stop them, at least half will be killed in the battle."

(By the way, anyone mind if the Wolfmen arrive? It'll give the GG something to do.)

((Please, anything! We really need to do something... It would probably be better than training, anyway. Also, I'm not going to post for the actual RP right now because there isn't much to say about Kulina. She's dancing around the burning tree, if anyone wants to know. xD))

Hoooooowl!

Protagon turned towards the distant sound. Howwwl! There it was again, louder this time.

He turned to the rest of the group. "Wolfmen!" he shouted, and turned back in preparation. His eyes met those of the frontrunners in a group of about one-hundred humanoid wolves.

(There we go! Each of us has control of twenty Wolfmen. playpink, you can hae forty, due to Tasha.)

((Yaaaay! I get more stuff to kill! *dances*))

The sound of a distant howl made Avarea spin around. There--though she had no idea how they had gotten there (weren't palaces supposed to have good security or something?)--was a whole pack of Wolfmen, at least a hundred of them.

For a moment she froze, mind frantically debating a rather trivial thing. She was going to have to shift, that was for sure. But she was wearing her favorite dress and she really didn't want to shift in it and tear it. And if she did she might get tangled in the shreds. Her eyes darted to her companions. Well, they were all women aside from Protogon and he was looking at the Wolfmen. And it wasn't like he wasn't going to catch a glimpse at some point, right?

On that not so comforting note, she cast one furtive glance around before hurriedly removing her dress, starting the shift before it even went past her chest.

The one thing she could say about shapeshifting was that it was painful. Excruciatingly so. Like every bone in her body was being splintered into tiny pieces, her skin being pinched and twisted like taffy and her insides churning like a stormy sea. Forgetting all about her dress dilemma, she focused on getting the shift over and done with as soon as possible.

At some point (probably when the wings where half grown) gravity forced her onto all fours. After that the shift was over and she straightened out, taking a moment to gather her bearings.

Unfurling two giant brown wings, she used her new eyes to examine the wolfmen with detail that she could not in her human form.

Oh yes. Avarea loved being a Griffin.

A loud caw found it's way past her new beak as she dug her claws into the dirt beneath her. Then, like an arrow from a bow, she shot forwards, beating her wings to gain momentum.

Then she hit the front ranks of the Wolfmen. Two sharp claws slashed at whatever she could find as her beak snapped at the head of one unlucky Wolfman. No sooner than that did she shoot back up into the air, circled once, then dove back down again to repeat the process.

The great thing about Wolfmen was that they couldn't fly.

Tasha had only ever seen one Wolfman in her entire life, and that was when a rouge had attacked the circus for unknown reasons. From that experience she had learned four things about Wolfmen: one, what they looked like, two they didn't speak English, three, they weren't very smart and four, she didn't like them

It was the fourth thing she had learned about them that had her face set into one of determination.

Taking another dagger from it's spot next to her original daggers place, she briefly went over what she knew about Wolfmens fighting skills in her head. Which wasn't much, as the Circus master had ushered her and all the young ones away. But she knew that they had claws! And teeth! And that counted for something, right? ...right?

Shaking her head, Tasha grimly looked at the crowd. For a moment she stayed still, analyzing the best way to approach this. Failing at that, she decided to just wing it. With that, she darted forwards and directly into the pack.

Using the moment of surprise she had gotten from such a straight forward ((*cough*stupid*cough*)) attack, she stabbed the side of the closest Wolfman before wrenching her knife out and ducking away, sticking out her leg to trip the WOlfman she had injured when it tired to turn and follow. Weaving through furry bodies, stabbing at every thing she passed and tripping Wolfmen when the opportunity presented itself, she earned a few nicks and one gash on her elbow. In return she managed to get one direct stab at one Wolfmans heart and several good shots at everything else.

As she stabbed at the shoulder of one Wolfmen, rendering it useless, she wondered if she was very good or just ridiculously lucky.

Probably just lucky.

((I almost died of laughter when typing Avarea's post))

Wolfmen?!?!?!

Tanya cursed softly, fingering a faint scar on her upper abdomen, a parting gift from the very first wolfman she had ever met. She readied herself with her staff and made sure her knife was still in her belt.

They came in the biggest pack Tanya had ever seen. Maybe a hundred? She couldn't tell. It didn't matter though, what mattered was defending herself and her companions.

She managed to side-step a few and blungeon some others with her staff, sending small sparks at a few more with a couple choice spells.

She heard a rather distressing yell coming from... Avarea. She was changing, and she looked like she was in the most intense pain... but then she turned into, of all things, a griffin, and stopped screaming.

It was a long enough distraction that Tanya suddenly found herself on her back, pinned to the ground. The Wolfman... did it just smile?

Tanya let out a yell of her own, indignant, disgusted. "No. You will NOT beat me!"

The odds were stacked against her. She had only ever used the spell a few times before, so she wasn't sure if it would even work. But she had to try.

She placed her palms flat on the ground. "Aelocesso!" A quick burst of air lifted Tanya and her captor up off the ground almost a foot in the air. It was enough. The beast was off her, and she could grab her knife and staff.

Tanya could feel adrenline pumping through her body. She barely noticed the pain just below her right lung from landing hard and flat on the ground. She lunged at the rest of the pack just as they lunged at her. She aimed her knife at their claws, adeptly slicing through the wrists. Her staff she trained on her backs, bringing the sturdy wood down hard on their spines.