Aveyond Studios Community
slimmmeiske2

Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

I've added a mirror link for the Non-RTP version, as someone pointed out you needed an account to download from 4shared. Now, you should be able to download it without making an account :)

I've added the RTP included version, so if you don't have the RTP and don't want to download an extra file, you can now just download the game.

I think it might actually include one extra hidden side-quest.

Welp...

One of Dorothy's friends ;)

A scarecrow

As for progress on the game making:

I've finished writing the (side)quests for the next demo. Next up will be mapping. :)

Some thoughts:

~ Except for my own bed, I walk on other beds, seems a bit rude?

~ Elsie says: "I can't find my house back", I think you could lose the "back", too literate from Dutch I think? Best to check with a real English person I'd say. ;)

~ In Molly's home, I cannot walk behind the table, to reach for the red bottles on the left side. (I can only reach the cupboard by walking over the pillow)

~ In the castle-like house, just over the bridge, I can walk on the wall in the hallway, just above the cabinet with the sword.

~ The Inn in town, upstairs, the 2nd room from the left, the left corner of the wall is missing.

Forgot to save earlier, but an NPC locked me in. D: Stuck at Hamelin now, the girl next to/behind the bakery stopped there and isn't moving anymore. I went in to talk with the guard. :> Any chance you could fix a save file? I'm at 30 minutes now.

So far my opinion: There's loads to explore, maybe a bit too much, hard to remember everything. I found several side quests, but only noticed that when I checked my notebook. From, the conversations it wasn't very clear that I got a quest. Aladdin was more luck than anything else that I just bumped into him again. 

I do like the tale-theme (sprookjes = fairy tale?). Ofwel... De verwijzingen naar alle sprookjes vind ik leuk. :) The mapping is cute too, loads of details. I did waste a lot of time already with trying to interact with everything. ;)

Other feedback I cannot give yet, still have no idea where this will lead to.

Thanks for playing, Jolien :D

* Weird, I thought I'd changed that. Ah, the beds in your own village are walkable, but the others in the town aren't. I'll put it on my list for the next demo.

* Maybe... I don't know. I'll have to ask someone :)

* Thanks, will look into it.

* Fixed. :)

* Fixed, thanks ^^

I think I've fixed the problem with the girl. Do you have a save file from that point? I'll try and fix it. If you don't, I can send you a save file, but do you remember at what point you are regarding the porridge quest?

Yes, it is more of an exploration game. There's still two areas to come, before Rouge starts trekking through the forest and her "actual" story starts. Any quests in particular you didn't realize you had?  

(Ja, sprookje = fairy tale :) ) I'm glad you're liking it so far. (And I'm looking forward to some more feedback, when you can play again ^^)

------

Blackprincess, for the Clever Elsie quest:

1. Get the quest from Clever Elsie
2. Talk to Sieghard
3. Talk to Clever Elsie
4. Talk to Frederic
5. Talk to Catherine
6. Talk to Lycus
7. After you've got all the shopping, talk to Clever Elsie to complete the quest.

Uploaded the file here: Save1.rxdata

Regarding quests, Aladdin told me the 2nd time I bumped into him that he'd give me work to do, the dancing shoe-girl (I assumed that she could use help, but wasn't sure that I already got it as a quest) and one more was quite a surprise. Rouge never mentioned that she'd help out or at least will try to help.

So Aladdin didn't offer work the first time? 'Cause he totally should have. o.o

You weren't stuck in my version, so I'll update the download and you should be able to use that save file. Are you using the RTP included or non-RTP one? (I'll update both, but the RTP one will take some more time...)

As for the side quests, oh yeah those. :) I kind of like silly quests/tasks that might come from out of the blue. I will make the surprise quest, a bit clearer though. I do think the Red Shoes' girl was clear enough, at least for the moment. I'm still trying to figure out how I want the menu and I might add a "got a quest" SFX, while I'm at it.

Ehm, no, I talked to him again or it just felt like that. Crap, I didn't save before, so I can't check back now. D:

RTP, that's the player? I downloaded that one seperately. And I'm still stuck, the girl won't move, see screenshot:

04E39.jpg

Edolie had a sparkle everytime you got a new quest, not sure if that's very hard to do? Maybe mom can tell Rouge to check her notebook or diary often? Moms just know stuff.

No, no, I hadn't updated the downloads yet. They have been now! :)

So let me know if it works ^^

Yes, I would need a HUD for that though. I'm still thinking it out.

Btw, I talked to Aladdin first time and he gave me the job, so well I assume it fixed for now ^^

Edit: As for news on the game: I'm working on it again! :D I had to take a break of three weeks to do something else, but that's done now, so time to concentrate on this game again :)
So far, I've finished writing the side quests for the next demo (yes, demo, not the full game yet), as well as mapped another town. The outside's done, with the exception of some maps that lead away from it and the interiors are mostly done-ish. (They still need some more details, but hey!)

Anyway, here's a screenshot:
HNWcNUk.png

Edited by slimmmeiske2

Moving on, downloaded the V1.2 which I'm playing now.

Walking over beds (same for the nearby tent, on purpose?):

xWV3D.jpg

Error (and auto-exit of game :( ) when trying to enter the store:

Kl6pZ.jpg

Way back again, I should remember to save more. D:

Edit: I did it again, entering the dress shop causes it. Save4.rxdata

Ugh, of course I would forget to add a file :'(

It's gonna take me a while to put another version up. I'll edit the post when I have.

Yes for the beds, I tried to fix it, but instead broke the game right after the intro, so I'm leaving it as such at the moment.

Edit: They're updated, Jolien. I've gone through all the maps and got no errors, so all files should be in there now. :)

~ When I get the 2nd quest from Aladdin, Sir Red resets again, he gives me the same offer again, perhaps he shouldn't? 

~ Walking over the tree stump in the forest:

rBnnw.jpg

Still getting the dress store error, found the stick & straw in the mean time, though the stick does not display in my inventory, the straw does.

Ah, the porridge is the end, I did not find the flower, nor did the lawyer get to Elsie. Also, didn't manage to get a hat and dress for the scarecrow and I wasn't able to buy the shoe-potion, not enough gold. I wanted to turn in the thief and get the potion for free, but I couldn't... ;)

Edit: Going to download the update and try again. 

Anyway, apart from the "nagging", I think it's a cute game. With all the characters I was a bit lost at first, but after some time I at least knew what to find where. The notebook is indeed very clear, when I knew that I needed to use it, I actually must say I like it a lot, especially the hints. Loads of details in the map, especially in the houses, must have been a LOT of work. I think you can be proud of this though. :) And I see that it has a lot of potential to grow and add in loads of extra quests. Looking forward to more updates. :)

I'll check those bugs, thanks!

Yeah, I noticed the stick bug when I was rushing through the maps ^^;

The flower's on the same map as Katherine's house or do you mean you didn't find Sweetheart Roland? You can't find him yet in this demo; same for the shoes quest. There's not enough money to be earned in this demo to buy the potion. Haha, turning her in, huh? Yeah, that doesn't work. The guards don't care much about shoe thieves, which is why Cinderella set up shop ;)

And it's no nagging at all really. :) I'm glad you've liked it so far. I'm sorry for all the game breaking bugs you've encountered ^^; It was thoroughly tested, but even so bugs just tend to show up unexpected.

Anyway, thank you very much for playing and the feedback. And I hope you'll enjoy what's to come :)

Aah, yes, glad I'm not going crazy. x3 The Sweetheart Roland is the flower I cannot find, I did find the glowing one and got the quest and after that I started interacting with almost every single flower, lol. And the scarecrow one, can that be finished? I searched a lot, but cannot find a hat nor a dress.

As for Elsie, I cannot seem to finish that particular quest either, I have my main porridge ingredients, the lawyer says he'll come, but he doesn't seem to be a man of his word. Speaking with Elsie or her hubby doesn't work either.

I actually meant turning in the ingredient-thief near the potion store, but I already met him later on in the headmaster's office. I like justice, but telling the potion witch about it would be neat... And seeing him as a frog and get the potion for free... Lol :D

And it's ok, bugs are there to be squashed, glad I could still help out. :)

Edit: Oh, hide & seek game I was also playing, but the last time I found her was in the castle-wall hole. Does she stay in town? 'cause I searched there, but did not find her again...