Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

Everybody Poops (Newsletter)

The bathroom is a magical place, one we tend to consciously avoid thinking about until... well, you know, ya gotta go! As the above title and incredibly awesome children's book indicates, everybody poops. However, what we don't do is all have the same habits about it. I, while in the executive office, thought about all the ways we may do things differently in the 'water closet' (as they call it here in Germany).

So get ready to answer some very personal questions!

1: The classic - Do you flip the toilet paper over or under when putting in a new roll?

2: The gross - Do you wad or fold your toilet paper when wiping?

3: The wet - Do you wet your toothbrush before or after you add toothpaste?

4: The turnaround - Do you turn around after standing up? Be honest!

5: The shower - Do you check to see if the water is hot with your hand or your foot?

6: The clean - Lufa, Sponge, Towel, or the good ol' fashion "use my hand" for applying soap?

And it's only fair, since I wrote this sick quiz, that I give my answers :D

1: Over

2: Wad

3: Before

4: You bet I do!

5: Hand

6: The good ol' fashion hand... unless someone hands me a lufa. I do love a good lufa!

Words from The Fool:

Don't be offended, the bathroom isn't something to be ashamed of! Not that I particularly want an audience when performing. In fact, this fool believes that the bathroom is the most intimate room in any house. You REALLY have to know and trust someone to have them walk in on you and not have BOTH of you be super embarrassed. Why? It's not like it's a secret... but that's just one of life's great mysteries. No fooling.

Ha! Interesting choice of topic. Okay, I'll bite...

1. Over! It's the only civilized way, don't cha know.

2. It's sort of a strategic wad.

3. Both, actually. Once to rinse the brush, another to jump-start the toothpaste.

4. To flush and put the top down, yes.

5. Hand.

6. Mesh sponge - exfoliates and lathers like nothing else!

And to add my own, body wash over soap, always! Soap leaves dulling residue. Not to mention, a ricocheting bar of soap could knock anyone unconscious. :)

OK - why I choose to participate in this discussion and not the classier ones, I'll never know...

1: Whichever way I put in on... sometimes you get desperate!

2: A version of fold - I roll it around my hand...

3: Both - does taht make me wierd?

4: Every time....

5: Hand - but it's gotta so used to it, I sometimes scald myself ;p

6: Loofa... love that lather!

Thank you for helping my potty mind have an outlet for today :)

If I tried to use a loofah, I would break out in a savage attack of eczema. Best to play safe.

I made a discovery. When I ran out of soap, I took a cake of Velvet soap from the box and found my annoying itching much decreased. It's because Velvet soap is pure soap, no additives.

It's also best to use it to scrub the bath and basin (the laundry soap, not the one for personal use), instead of some chemical from the supermarket that damages the porcelain finish and doesn't last long. If only I had known this years ago! But I have always used it with a nailbrush to scrub my sneakers.

Do please pass this on to anyone you know who suffers from allergies or is cleaning the bathroom the hard way. You’ll be doing them a favour.

Speaking of the game advertised in this newsletter: why, oh why, do game makers have to create redheads with dark skin? They are truly hideous and it's completely against nature. Redheads have very fair skin, fairer than anyone else. Am I the only one who loathes this visual pollution? Perhaps I am just being pedantic. :)

GailP wrote:

Speaking of the game advertised in this newsletter: why, oh why, do game makers have to create redheads with dark skin? They are truly hideous and it's completely against nature. Redheads have very fair skin, fairer than anyone else. Am I the only one who loathes this visual pollution? Perhaps I am just being pedantic. :)

No, it bugs me, too. Dark-skinned redheads and blondes, even too high a frequency of light-colored eyes. But, considering the wide color palette that the anime style uses for "natural" features, I tend to overlook it more with RPG games.

Okay this topic is funny a topic! :lol:

1) Over (easier to get the paper off)

2) Fold then wad

3) Both

4) Seriously? We all turn around (I sometimes in public one use my foot to flush and don't have to)

5) Pom-pom (or that's what I call it)

6) Hand for shower Foot for bath (sometimes use my hand for bath)

Speaking of the game advertised in this newsletter: why, oh why, do game makers have to create redheads with dark skin? They are truly hideous and it's completely against nature. Redheads have very fair skin, fairer than anyone else. Am I the only one who loathes this visual pollution? Perhaps I am just being pedantic.

That's the Samurai RTP set from RMVX, so blame Enterbrain for being super weird :P Still, Japanese people aren't supposed red hair in the first place (when you say samurai, they're generally Japanese) and nobody has red hair THAT neon-bright, so let's ignore reality for now.

I for one love a nice tan redhead! ... no not really.

I mean, I guess if she were nerdy enough I would love her.

Anyway... yes Daeva, that is a lufa!

Finally - I am PRETTY certain you can flush the toilet without actually turning around. Heck, I've done it while still sitting down (Don't lie to me and say you haven't).

That said, it is NOT what I meant ;) You KNOW what I meant, now fess up! :D One time, I built a whole PYRAMID down there... how could you not look? How could you resist, it rose from the depths like some kind of avenging Egyptian poop-angel!

(Gross... ok I will stop now, haha, see how embarrassing poop is? I think it is a great mystery!)

Thanks for the explanation, Daeva. Should have realised! I have noticed that in a game, all dungeon maps are the same, only altered with different colours and textures. This game engine needs updating, but it still produces the goods just the same!

There is one more use for the toilet that you lot hadn't thought of. A test for possible bowel cancer used to be such a chore, with two days of preparation, a day at hospital and a lot of money. Now there is a new kit that makes it easy. I suppose I should stop procrastinating and read the literature.

1) I do not care which side the paper is, but since I know most everyone prefers over, that is how I place it.

2) I fold.

3) The toothbrush is moistened usually before the toothpaste has been placed.

4) Yes. Flushing, for one, requires this. Also, it is only right to check if you have left a mess so you may clean up after yourself.

5) I do not care for temperature. I simply hop in. I have grown immune to freezing cold water thanks to my time in university.

6) I have an arsenal of bathing utensils. I have a brush with a long handle, I have a special elongated and bendy loofah with a handle on each side, I have a loofah with a hand strap, I have a scrubber with a pocket for holding soap, and I have a small round brush for my feet. I like to scrub myself as clean as possible.

Extra Notes:

- I keep a basket with holes at the bottom to hold my body wash and shampoo/conditioner bottles. I bring it out with me once I am finished and place it in the cabinets under the sink. I cannot stand bottles at the corners of baths. It is clutter and I hate it.

- I refuse to share soap.

- My shower must have a hanging container for my loofahs and brushes.

- The cavity at the side of the shower should only contain one soap. My soap. Mine.

Anyone else can go acquire their own soap dish.

- There must always be Lysol, Febreeze, and Wipes in my bathroom.

- Any mess I see that I know is not mine? Everyone else is banned from my bathroom.

I am quite strict with bathroom sanitation.