Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
ThePie5522

Heir of Katan

Story Line

"So wait... I'm going to die? Is that what you are telling me?"

"No... Well, that depends on you're decisions. If you are unlucky and you die, that isn't my problem. I'm here to tell you this - you're wife will have a son."

"A son... wait, what?"

"Give you're sword to your to-be-son through you're wife. Tell her that his name will be Nathan..."

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Nathan Keltan was a small village boy living peacefully in Katan Village until he stumbles upon many unusual things on his birthday - a sword, a glowing sphere... what else could happen?

Oh, ya, being kidnapped because he ran away and dragging along his best friend to follow him. A dangerous war approaching. Everything goes wrong until Nathan figure out who he really is...

Characters

Natak, Age 39 - Nathan's father who went missing in the war. No one really knows him except a mysterious priest and his wife.

Nathan, Age 12 - The son of Natak. He leaves his hometown in search to become a warrior with Baffet. He is rash and hardcore most of the time, but he flirts with girls too often.

Baffet, Age 12 - Nathan's best friend. He gets dragged along Nathan's journey to be a warrior. All though Baffet doesn't want to go with Nathan, he goes anyway so he could watch over his friend.

Aura'lei, Age 13 - A young girl who explores the world and occasionally stops by Nathan's hometown to say hi. She has no idea where Nathan and Baffet went when those two left late at night.

Features

- RPG Maker XP

- Sideveiw Battle System

- Awesome personalities

- Class Changer Script

- NO language or blood (for the young 'uns)

Please post what you think.

Very interesting. I think I need this kind of story right now. Simple, but always successes to catch my eyes. Makes me want to play the journey :)

Knowing that it'll be RMXP makes me very happy now :D

One question, what is sideview battle system?

@shade: sideview is like the Aveyond battle system. It's not the default battle system in RMXP, which is a front battle system (as in Aldorlea's games).

Anyway, the premise sounds good so far. A bit cliché and there are some grammar mistakes in it. I would advise you to have someone check your spelling and grammar in the game ;)

Thanks. I always did fail Spelling in school. and I might give some screenshots. Later, though.

Also, I'm going to have ONE special to this game - I need a character. If you want to be in the game, I need you post four things -

1: Name

2: Age

3: Personality

4: Weapon you're character can use

5: (Optional) Character Graphic (not face)

If you want to be in the game, post a name and weapon for the 'old' ages - you know, swords and not guns.

Who ever gives the best information for his/her character will be added into the game as a secondary helper character.

Dawn Age:14 Personality:An orphan with no home and has no memory of where she is from. Lived on the streets, but tries to help others with her stealthy skills. Has a heart of gold but can be very angry if you mess with her friends, steal from her, or just about anything. Weapon: Daggers

Hmm... Good. Anyone else want to post some characters? I'll judge your person and see whose the best.

To Sewnsew: Nice. I like the idea. Though the character graphic is a bit... fat? Maybe make her skinnier? [8.8/10]

Thanks! It just one of my many character ideas. Just made my sprite. Sorry if its not good, its my first time to make one. How do you show your sprite on here? :S

@sewnsew: You're doing it wrong. This is how it should looks:

width=500http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/081/0/0/my_first_sprite_by_sewnsew93-d4tjqzj.png[/img]

This is what the correct code should look like:

width=(insert pixel size here)url[/ img] (take out the space after the /)

Or you could just click "add reply" instead of Quick Reply and use the image button. Mind you, you have to copy the DIRECT IMAGE URL. I see that you're on Deviantart, so you have to click "download image" or right-click and select "view image" to get the image url.

-------------------------------------------------

I'll try joining

1: Name: Ren

2: Age: 23

3: Personality: Apathetic. She only will get involved if the issue interests her, and when she does, she really tries her best to follow through with it. A bit clingy and possessive, and cannot let go of things that she's grown attached to, which is why she distanced herself. She's scared of being hurt because she can't let go

4: Weapon you're character can use: Bows and arrows, crossbows, and any other variation of it

5: (pixel graphic pending)

To daeva_agas: Nice, though I would lower the age to around 19. Also, if you want to post a character graphic, make it nice :) [8.7/10]

Okay, everyone, I will be judging five characters and right now I have two. Anyone else?

Count me in?

1. Name: Charles

2. Age: 21

3. Personality: wishy-washy and round about. He likes/tends to judge options from their benefits and loss, and if he can't decide, he'll pick the most appealing option. And he feels very annoyed if he picked a wrong one.

favourites: human, magic, staff, logic.

4. Weapon your character can use: staff, book spells.

5. No character graphic. If you want to image, he always comes with standard looking and plain clothes, especially brown on color.

To Sewnsew: Yah - either make her thinner or a new character graphic (I still like it, though. Trying not to be offensive or anything.)

To shadowshed: I like it, though I planned to use the staff and magic for Baffet. Maybe a spear? From the personality, he could be a fighter. Change it a little? [8.6/10]

1: Alice

2: 14?

3: She's a dark witch and goes on suicide missions, she's also a masochist. She blames herself for not being able to save her parents from a Lamia, after she fought back, then ran when the lamia tried to eat her

4: Bows and arrows

Thought I would give it a try. ^^

Interesting, may I put in my two cents?

Name: Kyris (KA-i-riz)

Personality: Socially inept and a bit of a quiet one. Being an only child, she was a bit isolated from society and since she was teased a lot for her tall and thin stature, resulting in fear of interacting with people. Her only salvation in her young age was knowledge; she read many books and scrolls advanced for her age. She unconsciously hides what she feels.

4: Axes. (she uses this weapon to throw people off guard - when people meet her they usually attribute her as weak. When she uses an outgoing or brash weapon, she has the element of surprise.)

5: Edited. I made it on Looseleaf, so... well. If you know a better engine, then link me, so I can improvise, or something.

width=300http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd423/diamondmist/Untitled.png[/img]

Don't you need a faceset or something?

To FunFun: Suicide missions? I don't know where I would put that in the story. Maybe when Nathan gets kidnapped? Not to mention magical creatures are in this game... [6.2/10]

To diamondmist: THe character graphic needs to be RMXP, not RMVX. NIce description, though. [8.3/10]

To everyone: Okay, it's between Sewsewn and daeva_ages. Whoever posts a better character sprite wins. Okay?