Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

Return of the Zombie Apocalypse (Newsletter)

Return of the Zombie Apocalypse

We once again return to our favorite mindless brain eaters for the following scenario:

You'll recall having been trapped in a sporting goods store, grabbing some gear, and making your way out into the wasteland. Part two now begins.

As you rush out the door with your (in some cases very heavy) gear you realize your phone is still working. You don't know it but you're just moments away from the zombies taking down the local cell network (the undead are very good about knocking out lights and communication devices). You have time to send a text message to meet with 3 people you have in your phone.

Who do you text and why? Good luck survivors! Pick your zombie survival team carefully and tell your friends in real life too :D

Words from The Fool:

Earlier this month my sister told me a scary story. In the middle of the day her internet went down. She grabbed her cell phone and realized there was no reception. So she picked her land line up and it had a dialtone, but it was beeping busy any time she made a call. She quickly went outside to contact her neighbors and head to a nearby coffee shop and none of them had even realized there was a problem. According to authorities for the majority of the day all residents of a very large section of San Jose were completely cut off from each other, authorities (no 911 either), and really the rest of the world. She said the scariest thing was nobody seemed to care and she was the only one who was thinking "If there was going to be a major terrorist or military strike this would be how it would start." Turns out a single construction vehicle hitting a main fiber optic line caused the blackout. Doesn't give me warm fuzzies for our national security. No fooling.

What, you mean people in our phonebook for real or we're going to pretend all Amaranthians are in our phonebook list?

I'd call my parents and my sister, LOL. Closest family first.

I'd text my two brothers and my boyfriend. I'd text my brothers because I'd like to know how my family is and would want to protect them. I'd text my boyfriend because there isn't anyone more prepared then him to survive an apocalypse.

Realistically? No one cuz texting wouldn't have even enter my mind. I am horribly slow at texting.

Assuming I gained the ability to text: Mum, Dad, and Sis. Like d_a said, family first.

Bout your story: Sounds like what happened to my university. I'm not sure about the source, but we had no cellphone/phone or internet connection for about a day and a half. It was an interesting experience.

Real-life L4D? Good.

My best bros would definitely be the first people I'd be contacting. I'm lucky because they're all rather athletic and actually practice a type of martial art whereas I am no good at physical fighting, but I am a pretty good at handling guns and throwing knives, if I may be so bold as to boast a tad.

Logically speaking, calling in my family first would only slow me down. I chose my best bros first because teamed up with them, we have a better chance of surviving and rounding up our family so that we can protect them (whoever's left that is since meeting up with my friends would no doubt take over a day considering how far they are).