Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
daeva_agas

Lightbearer's Path (sample sprite in last page)

From the moment he was born, his life has already been decided for him. Groomed to be one of the most powerful leaders of the entire land of Ashth Pereth, he knew little besides rigorous combat training and strict studies of history and literature. Eventually, he grew tired of being made to do things without ever knowing the reason why. When the opportunity arose, he risked his safety and escaped to a foreign new realm.

And so begins the story of the one who would later be known as the daeva Agas.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

:lock::banana:

Lightbearer's Path, a.k.a "Aveyond Gaiden", as I prefer to call it.

I guess this is some sort of a prequel to AV1. Heck, prequel to AP, even. Or Agas' biography, whichever works for you.

This is going to be a simple story, mostly for me to practice Parallax mapping in RMVX. We'll see if I can actually keep it simple. Crazy things usually find their way into my projects in development stages, then it turns into a monster and scares me away.

width=500http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/040/6/7/67e6e5ebc1062dd7bfd5984c02079700-d4p6x47.jpg[/img]

Thar be the title screen. An evented map menu.

Places:

- The Demon Realm, obviously

- Ghed'ahre

- Dreamland

- Original places that don't show up in the canon Aveyond games

Our (not quite) heroes (PCs):

(sprite pending)

Agas Spenjahgra

(Reluctant) Daeva-in-training who is a little bit too serious for his own good. Blame it on having Aesma as his babysitter. He escapes to get a life, except that he probably doesn't even know how. To get a life, that is.

(sprite pending)

Te'ijal Ravenfoot

Daughter of a warlock. Archer, fighter, and beginner fencer. Due to unfortunate circumstances, she has been turned into a vampire and lacking proper guidance in how to be a vampire because her maker is dead. Oh well.

(sprite pending)

Gyendal ravenfoot

A young warlock. Te'ijal's brother. Skilled in magic, less so in physical combat. Due to unfortunate circumstances, he has been turned into a vampire and lacking proper guidance in how to be a vampire because his maker is dead. Oh well.

(sprite pending)

Mitra Darkthrop

A mysterious wandering wizard who is the reason why Te'ijal and Gyendal became maker-less vampires.

(sprite pending)

Nanghaithya Varun-Sij

Daeva of earth. Mysterious, sneaky, and nobody ever knows what goes on in his mind. Sometimes he could be someone dependable, but rarely.

(sprite pending)

Saurva Azi-Dahaka

Daeva of fire. Somehow he managed to fry his brain so bad he doesn't remember what his own face looks like anymore. Still functional enough to get by, though. And for some reason is still fully capable of stomping your butt to the ground.

(sprite pending)

Indra Vitaresh

Daeva of water. Being an ice elemental, though? She prefers ice spells a lot more. She does things because she wants to and because she can and there's no telling her no when she wants something.

OLD PREVIEW (obsolete):

Well, more like a video capture of me testing out the prologue/intro/whatever.

The facesets are MOSTLY placeholders until I'm done drawing them properly. Indra, Zarich, and Saurva's faces are from the VX RTP; Aesma's is painted by me, but it's not the final faceset; Nanghaithya is from the VX samurai RTP; and mysterious unnamed silver-haired guy is from http://fayforest.sakura.ne.jp/resource.html.

Aesma's pixel is also placeholder until I either find someone who can make me a VX style Aesma sprite or I somehow miraculously manage to frankensprite or draw it.

Graphics and such:

ART AND GRAPHICS PENDING.

Credits:

- OriginalWij: Map Title script

- Hanzo Kimura: Parallax script

- ModernAlgebra: animated Parallax script

- Woratana: fog script

- Celianna: tilesets

- Lunarea: Parallax tiles/objects

- Ying: icons and tileset add-ons

- Enterbrain: RPG Maker VX engine and RPG Maker XP, VX, and VX Ace RTP

- Famitsu site: Sprite generator

WOAGH!! Somebody posted while I was editing the original post! Anyways.

@Ivana: Pretty knows no logic :P Yeah, it makes no sense, but it's not an actual map and is only for visual appeal. It looks preeetttyyy~ To me anyway.

@Windscimitars: I pressed the "post" button too fast. Yes, there is more info. I just posted it.

@Ivana: I can use XP sprites if I want to. And believe me, I really wanted to use XP sprites becase they're easier to make. I'm PURPOSELY using VX and its midgety sprites even though I really hate it myself. People are already thinking I made Aveyond just by my fanarts. If I use XP or Mack sprites, the confusion will only become worse!width=100http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/f/l/flailplz.gif[/img]

Haha. I honestly dunno why I decided to use the VX sprites. It's not even "because I was lazy". I have more trouble using the VX junk because I need to do some heavy duty frankenspriting to get what I needed. If I use XP stuff, all I need to do is nab them nifty Aveyond sprites from the build B that magically got uncracked in my Windows Vista.

As for release date... I don't know. I'm just starting classes in Uni. My friends say you can pretty much end up having no life in later weeks. Mapping is VERY PAINFUL IN THE REAR END AUGH. Also, I still don't know how to Parallax map that well yet. We'll see, we'll see :lock:

The beauty of Parallax mapping: I can paint my own items to put into the maps. I'll probably still borrow stuff from Lunarea, Celiana, and Ying, though. As stated in credits. Their stuff are preeeettyyyyyy~

Here's a possible reason why I chose VX: It's less pixellated than XP. I'm a not-so-good pixel artist. RMVX's graphics are more smooth and painted-looking. And painting is the very thing that I do. Of course, XP actually does too use a lot of painted stuff. Their trees are painted, and also some of the stone tiles.

...(*quickly makes note to play the game when finished, ticks the notify box*) I think that spouting praises when I know I'll only repeat other people, inevitably, is pretty much meh. So, fangirl squee and OMG AWESOME!!footnote. <3 <3 <3 I absolutely adore the title screen idea. ADORE IT, yes I do. Also, the lava-waterfall is a nice touch, shows the 'so close yet worlds apart' cliché. In a good way.

@Diamonmist: That's an interesting interpretation of the title cover. There's no meaning behind the water and lava. They just look pretty, LOL :D That being said, there's no point in symbolizing "so close yet worlds apart". That has nothing to do with the game :P

Je have an offer to make. I have actually been watching this topic for a while but had no idea what to comment that wasn't me fangirling over Saurva or Agas or both.

Eeek silver-haired Agas is so hooot!

... Anyway, back to sanity, since I have vx ace mapping for me is easy, so, if you're interested, I could map several areas and then print screen them for you for the sake of parallax mapping.

If you're interested and if that's actually something doable that is, either way, that's just a suggestion.

@NightMel: Thanks, but no thanks. I got the graphics aspect of the maps covered ;) It's the scripts and the passability settings that I'm worried about. You know how some scripts crash when they meet another script, right? Yeah, I've been having that issue for a while and I'm trying to deal with it.

Stupid scripts :x

-----------------------------

In another news, updated the profiles with the characters chip. Added one more character to the list.

For oldies who trawled my art stuff? You should know who that guy is. If you don't know who he is? Wait for the dang game to see, LOL :evil:

seems like someone can´t stop making aveyond stuff and finally brought it to the higher but inevitable level of making her own game huh?

It´s ok though because D_A became a synonym for quality stuff in my mind, so I hope you zill complete this thing (D_A is somehoz alo synonym for unfinished things, however I am not sure why)

the title screen looks fun and very nifty, however it is also something I would like to nag about after a while because it takes 3 seconds more to load the game because of the walking...

anyway, can´t wait to see the game, the VX midgets don`t bother e qs much as they used to before :P

Meh, use the "dash" mode! That's one of the things I like about RMVX.

Okay, this is more like "I finally gathered up the courage to start this evil thing dammit!" I've had this game in mind two years ago, way before I redesigned the daevas and got myself sidetracked by AV3 and Gyendal [d](he's such a cute vampire I just can't help myself)[/d].

Why I end up having unfinished project? D_A has bigger dreams than skills, LOL. I have zealous projects, and I start it only to realize I'm not quite there yet in terms of skills. I'm working on them. Really. Slow and steadily. Yes, even the original games. And my fanfic. And the AV3 VN.

:bump:

Well, I've obviously gone insane and have a deathwish, because now I've decided to make my game maps look like this:

width=400http://www.blossomsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/03.png[/img]

See how everything looks painted? Still experimenting on how to do this without killing my hands and making Parallax mapping work in this style.

I blame my decision on using this game for my Game class finals. Also because I want to show off my finalized daeva revamps. So I will be reworking this thing from scratch, including making custom sprites that has the same painterly look. Also might be looking into 8-direction walking system because I have OCD.

Hopefully this will end up being something awesome enough to become part of my work portfolio.

Well, ever since I drew and posted my near-finalized epic-ified daeva redesigns, I've been hankering to make something super cool with them. I was almost considering making an Aveyond remake, but that is pointless and tedious. Seriously, if I did make it, what do I do with it? Sell it? I can't do that!

Then it hit me when I used this Agas story for my Game Design class final project. Coupled with Elder's RPGisode screenshot that I saw, I decided to just go do this. I'm not that good a programmer and I have yet to learn 3D stuff, so this is as good as I can go. Maybe if I manage to learn 3D and programming well or find friends who's willing to help me make a cooler game out of the designs...

Yay for rambling!