Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
daeva_agas

Lightbearer's Path (sample sprite in last page)

@windscimitars: Um, that painting is NOT mine.

That is just a sample of what I want my finished work to look like.

@Kirroha: I'm only using VX because that's the only engine that I know supports Parallax mapping well. With XP I cannot see my map in the editor, LOL.

ONE MORE WEEK BEFORE BREAK!!! STAY ALIVE, D_A :Ambulance:

*not-quite-update*

I have discovered a way to not kill myself painting 50+ maps. What I should paint are tileset pieces. Houses, rocks, caves, trees, grass, whatever. Then use those pieces to Parallax.

Just like Lunarea and Celianna have been doing. Make tileset pieces, then put them together as a parallax map.

My goal is to make the art style of my tilesets to be sort of like AV1's tilesets. Did you notice that AV1's tilesets are sort of realism? I'm not sure if it's done in 3D or digital painting, and I'm not going to copy it 100% anyway, but I still hope they'll look on par quality-wise.

Something similar to this:

width=400http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/gallery_3002_55_15738.png[/img]

(Not by me!!! Cancelled AV3 tileset By Amaranth Games)

So I don't feel guilty about spamming my own thread, have a Rashnu faceset (still WIP because my tablet crashed and I'll need to reboot my laptop so it will start working properly again):

width=300http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/Rashnufacesetv1.png[/img]

Goodbye OMG-you-drive-me-insane VX-style charsets and facesets.

(BTW I may talk big about crazy HQ tilesets and maps and all that, but I'm still a horrid mapper. We'll see if I can actually make something decent.)

Guest βeta

I think I will like this game :)

The video part is awesome!

But, I dislike the Menu part. You need to walk around just to start a game or load a game or Quit the game. I can't wait to see the playable demo.

That was the old "preview". I'm going to be making new tilesets, so that annoying menu will need to be ditched anyway.

I personally like the walking around for main menu thing, though. Maybe for some other game...

MINOR UPDATE

width=100http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/Customspritebasesample.png[/img]

A style tryout for the custom sprite I'm making for this game. Say hello to (naked) Agas. He's a sprite, so it's not inappropriate, right?

This is the Half-Kaizer size, sort-of-RMXP-like style. A fusion between pixel-spriting and painting. I have another style I'm working on (probably similar to Magin's sprites) and I'll be setting up a poll when both styles are ready.

He's naked because I haven't drawn clothes in, LOL. I don't need an undressed Agas, but I thought I might decide to release this sprite base/template so I have draw the naked sprites for the base.

MANY THINGS STILL IN PROGRESS. SLOW UPDATE DUE TO MAJOR REDESIGNS IS SLOW.

What is going on right now:

1) Realized that Agas is not supposed to be buff. Sprite redesign is in order.

2) Designing Gyendal and Te'ijal's clothes. They won't be wearing what they're wearing in the AV games (or in the majority of the pics I draw them, for that matter).

3) Designing the styles for the map pieces

4) Ran into trouble testing Parallax map due to the custom sprite height. Need to figure out how to fix this soon, otherwise I'd probably have to switch back to RMXP and just make a SUPER HUGE tileset.

5) The story has a direction now... Sort of. Also, multiple endings. And Evil!Te'ijal. As in "together with the evil guys" kind of evil. She's still the same Te'ijal everyone knows, for the most part.

:o Custom sprites? Seems to me like you just added more workload :P

Just wondering are you still planning to paint your maps? :)

[d](Because if you do, I am going to worship you, lol. Sooo much work O.O )[/d]

Yay, multiple endings! :D

I have been planning for custom sprites since I decided to go paint the tilesets.

It's not so much "Paint a huge giant map" as it is "a painterly style tileset, then I'm going to use them to parallax map".