Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
SorceressSyrena45

Renew AP

honestly I approached this game with an open mind and got as far as thais but the bad graphics and fight system made me finally quit on this game but if someone can do a copy of it with good graphics and a battle system like aveyonds then I would finish this game

I thought this game was already 'renewed' by KTC? :S There's nothing wrong with the fighting system, it even saves more time than the one in Aveyond, only problem is if you get used to it or not. The graphics of the game is actually a lot better compared to other rm2k/(3) games.

If you really rather skip out on the battles, download the goodies.

Wat? renewed? No I didn't do anything like that. The one working on the revised version was Rosebroken though I'm not sure if he/she is still interested. Hasn't posted for a long while.

I only fix save files.

IMO: Anyone playing AP expecting AV OR expecting any future changes to AP to be more like AV - Don't.

Short version why to not expect either:

They were made with completely different game makers and turning one into something like the other would involve working from scratch which is a very daunting task.

Long version why not to expect either:

The battle system:

AP's system is completely custom built so reworking it to be anything like AVs would involve rewriting the whole thing which would be a massive pain since the system is fully integrated into the game. From my own fiddling with the code, messing with the battle system is complicated. I still don't get how it works.

The graphics:

That would involve remapping everything I think which is not appealing to anyone. I'm not even sure if rpgXP graphics are compatible with rpg2k3 or vice versa.

Rpg2k3 games turn into RpgXp game:

Rpg2k3 games cannot be transferred into RpgXP. You'll need to script every dialogue, cutscene, battle, etc. into it and you're practically making a brand new rpgxp game.

Probably most important reason:

I don't know of anyone who would want to work on it especially since its a freeware game using a mostly outdated game maker.

Sorceress, I don't see why you'd expect a Freeware game (especially one from so long ago) to be made from scratch into an enhanced version like the usual Aveyonds, which are commercial. And Ahriman's Prophecy is already very brilliant for a freeware.

Ditto everyone else, it ain't gonna happen unless anyone is a crazy enough Aveyond fan - or rather, AP fan - to want to do it. The one person who was trying to do it, as KTC said, kinda vanished...

AV uses a custom script for the battle UI and the scripts for the party system is integrated into the main scripts. Unless someone figures out how to replicate that? Nobody could remake AP into something that's EXACTLY like AV. Something close-but-not-quite, yeah. Exact replica system-wise? Nope, not a chance. Unless Amanda decides to make a "Gold edition" of AP for sale or whatever :S

If the petition for a legal RM2K/3 wins I would glad to try to enhance it the best I can (my knowledge from other RPG makers may even help me understand the old counterparts(that is how I learned to use VX after XP))(I always find away to by pass the irritation of the sprites (Talia's doesn't bug me) with rugged edges). Of course also I will keep it on the RM2K/3 for those who love it the way it is. IF the petition wins.

I am actually a terrible spriter (without a generator even though I have practiced on MS Paint because I am more familiar on it but GIMP I use for making more detailed icons). I am more experienced eventer. And I was considering the possibility for me to rework the game (where Rosebroken left off before disappearing).

I am not sure if this is a reason for why Rosey disappeared, but I think people wanting AV stuff added into it and losing months of data probably drove her/him away from the project.

Remaking AP with RM2k3 defeats the purpose of this thread entirely. You canNOT "improve" on AP's graphics because the reason why AP was such an eyesore is because of the way the graphics were done and you can't do anything about it.

OP complained about graphics and battle system. You can make a sideview, turn-based battle in RM2k/3 probably, but you can't do anything with the graphics :roll:

Personally I LIKE the graphics and I would be saddened if they were upgraded in AV style. Not that I don't like AV's graphics as well, but the old-fashioned graphics are, for me, part of AP's charm.

Exactly my point. The graphics are part of AP as long we can remember. Yea the sprites can be a little irritating to look at (very few sprites bug me like Jack's). [d]D_A you just miss my points completely. No offence.[/d]

@Binas: Then what exactly are you planning to do with it? You're the one missing the point of this thread entirely. The thread-starter was complaining about how the graphics in the original AP suck. If you're not improving the graphics, then whatever you're doing doesn't solve the "problem".

Okay, leaving before Mopiece starts yelling :P