Aveyond Studios Community
daeva_agas

This Universe Makes No Sense (Aveyond Fanart)

width=450http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/Mangapagetext2.jpg[/img]

So I once had this idea of making a non-magic realistic-pirate-era AU retelling of AV1. Fooled around with storyboard for comic pages and stuff, but decided I was too lazy to draw and ditched the project.

Recently I joined this Manga club in DevArt and we have occasional "homeworks" and shiz. The current homework is to draw a manga page, so I decided to go make one page of comic from the story. Maybe someday I will actually go and realize this story.

And this is supposed to be the intro cutscene. Captain Agas attacking the ship "Dreamer" to kill Ambassador Talia. And so on and so forth. The crew of Agas' ship are space-filler goons just because it doesn't make any sense for one guy to sail an entire ship on his own.

And yes, because I am D_A, crack pairings happen. And this AU makes such crack shippings even more possible because everyone's human and the real-life-esque equivalent of Elini's summon skill is to physically drag the "daevas" around during the journey :lock: And maybe Elini would decide she wants one of the "daevas" for a husband instead of Pirate John, who knows? If I actually go and continue this.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING AKLDHVNSuFHVLKajHVKLSHFBKSHNLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lock: :taz: width=50http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/w/woohoo.gif[/img]

Rhen-Lars --> R-L --> Right-Left --> Kagamine Rin-Len

Rhen is tan, so sue me.

width=450http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/202/b/5/vocaveyond_kagamine_lars_and_rhen_whut_by_angelerenoir-d581gfb.jpg[/img]

I don't know the manga/anime. Comparing the original characters and this cross-over it still looks very cute. Rhen is so cheerful. Lars trying to be cool. lol

You must have a fun time drawing them. ^^

Oh, Vocaloid isn't exactly an anime (though I think it had a few chapters of manga). Vocaloid is a song generator engine thingy where you provide lyrics (and maybe melody?) and the engine will sing it for you. The characters are the visualization of the voices.

Gyendal is my new favourite guinea pig. So. Have Gy drawn in a dozen-or-so different comic/manga styles.

The first three are pretty much how I normally draw. The rest are just haphazard attempts to copy other styles. Skip Beat and Vampire Knight looks stupid because I was sleepy and didn't catch the mistakes until I scanned it in, but got too lazy to fix.

In the Naruto style, Gy looks like Itachi and Sasuke's long-lost brother or something. I only need to add the sharingan...

The DERP one is my personal favourite :love:

width=500http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/268240_3759696269972_143617986_n.jpg[/img]

Gyendal is my new favourite guinea pig. So. Have Gy drawn in a dozen-or-so different comic/manga styles.

The first three are pretty much how I normally draw. The rest are just haphazard attempts to copy other styles. Skip Beat and Vampire Knight looks stupid because I was sleepy and didn't catch the mistakes until I scanned it in, but got too lazy to fix.

In the Naruto style, Gy looks like Itachi and Sasuke's long-lost brother or something. I only need to add the sharingan...

The DERP one is my personal favourite :love:

width=500http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/268240_3759696269972_143617986_n.jpg[/img]

I want derp-Gyendal emote pillow... Aren't there ANYBODY else who makes Aveyond craft stuff? I don't feel like making everything myself :(

@Kirroha: I was oddly enough having a hard time with Naruto style. I'm so used with fine hair strands that stiff, simple, spiky hair threw me for a loop. Other than hair issues, though, it was very easy to copy.

@wolfie_girl: [d]Because I'm probably Gyendal's biggest fangirl ever.[/d]

You can't make Gyendal ugly in anime style unless you're consciously trying to make him ugly or you can't draw. And here I'm treating him as one of the heroes. You know how side characters/bad guys can be drawn all weirdly, so I picked the "normal style" art used on the heroes. And in shoujo manga sometimes even the bad guys are drawn all bishie too. So :D :D :D

I wonder what Agas would end up looking like... He's already sparkly and fruity and pretty EVEN in photorealism style! What would shoujo style do to him?

hmm, agas would most likely be outbrightened by the sparkles in shoujo styles? like, everytime he happens to talk, sparkling roses background emmerge out of nowhere and ahhhh my eyes. ;D

LOL, in Rhen's eyes maybe. [d]Because there's no way she'd look at Dameon when there's Agas and his bishounen sparkliness[/d] Because sunshine and rainbow and sparkles don't show up for no reason even in shoujo manga :P

*tbh, never read shoujo, i only have a faint idea what it's like, meaning everybody is sparkly and good-looking*

Because I really love making pointless characters...

Luminara Sangfleur (the woman) and Mathiu Dramienne (the man), Head and Deputy Head of the Ghed'ahre council.

width=500http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/Councilmembers_zpsaa22957f.jpg[/img]

No, I don't know what the council does. I just make pointless council member for the lulz. For the time being, in my headcanon the council works like the ministers in the Indonesian government. One member is in charge of security, one is in charge of economy, another is in charge of justice/law, etc. Canon, PLEASE tell me something in AV4.

Gyen is the councilman in charge of security, which is why he's allowed to post guards who demand passwords upon exit and "ID" (death certificate) upon entry. Te'ijal seems to imply that these guards have been around for quite a while and that random vamp says that Gyen only took over the council like just recently, so those guards probably weren't there just because Gyen took over the council. If he WASN'T an important person, he shouldn't be allowed to do this!! D:< Unless he went and did his mindscrewing magic he did to Stella to ALL the council members. Then that's actually not at all interesting :roll: I'd rather Gyen be actually someone in charge because that shows his psychotic megalomaniac thing is something that's been cooking up for some time.

Agas' turn. Except I don't have the energy or patience to draw him in a dozen manga styles. Even though I had the PERFECT PERFECT reference for a lot of styles... Saiyuki? Konzen + Tenpou. Inuyasha? Sasshoumaru. Kuroshitsuji? The Undertaker. Kyou Kara Maoh? Gunther. Bleach? Ukitake. Et Cetera? Baskerville/Razy. Sailor Moon? Kunsite. (insert a dozen other manga here)

1) Realism (but I kinda got lazy)

2) Semi-realism anime

3) My regular, not-trying-too-hard anime

4) Otome Game (Hakuouki, Bloody Call, Herart no Kuni)

5) Sparkly Shoujo

And after that, I gave up.

width=500http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/243/3/2/drawing_style_fun_with_agas_by_angelerenoir-d5d1jf2.jpg[/img]

They are all awesome and I appreciate you for how you can draw in multiple styles.

But my fave is the semi-realism :P

wow wait, I never said anything about that style, I just said that I appreciate that you can draw in multiple styles. No disney/whatev/crap men...tion.e...d

:/

I know that's not what you mean, but sometimes my train of thought goes from A to B to C, where "C" is not particularly related to "A". Then I will only bring up C, but forget to mention B, so other people get confused.

Let's rephrase that coherently:

"I'm happy I can do many styles too, though I still have gripes because there's this one thing I can NOT do: Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks style. Then after a while I stopped caring because I don't feel the need to be able to draw Disney/Dreamworks/Pixar style unless I know I will be working there, and I don't really have dreams of working there."

Yeah.

Oh kay, I see then, but hey, Disney/pixar style never actually appealed to me. So, as you said, why bother? :? I remember it was really annoying when they made us copy screencapped scenes/images from old disney movies in art class. I didn't get the point why I had to COPY it perfectly :[ So that's why I pretty much dislike that style