Aveyond Studios Community
daeva_agas

This Universe Makes No Sense (Aveyond Fanart)

Hay guys, I HAS A TUMBLR!!

Though I don't really use it other than to reblog the heck out of weird Korra pairing stuff... Which in turn gave me weird Gyendal ideas. It's so bizarre. Maybe Amon reminds me of Gyendal or something.

Anyways... FANFIC DOODLES!! I hardly ever do this anymore...

A new fanfic idea I was foolong around with... The demon portal was halfway closed when Gyen stepped on it, and half-closed portals tend to send you to a random place, so it ended up sending him not to Demon Realm but THE PAST.

Because life sucks, the first people to find his sorry butt was Mel and co, who were still working on the Quarter Keys thingy. Thankfully he's in disguise so they didn't beat him up. He knows enough about time warps to be aware that mucking around with time can cause disasters, so he decides to bide time and figure out what to do. And by biding time I mean "get dragged by Te'ijal to help the party because he seems like he knows a lot about Mordred's evil plans".

And if that's not enough trouble... his past self decided to talk him into teaming up. Oops?

Oh yeah... and bizarre love triangle... with Mel... and himself... LOLWHUT (this is the entire point of the fanfic, LOL).

width=400http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma605pm3sn1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

Reflective ranty bits:

It's been a while since I drew TDP!Gyendal with LOT-GON!Gyendal, if I ever did in the first place. I hardly ever pay attention to the contrast, it seems...

In LOT-GON, Gyen is all "Buahahahahaha I are awesome", and his dialogue has a condescending tone to it. In TLO he still has that Muahahahaha thing going on a little, but by TDP that has completely disappeared. His dialogue now sounds clipped, harsh and bitter because there's no hammy BUAHAHAHAHA attitude going with it. That's why I always envision Gyendal being a huge mess as per TDP.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I DREW THIS I'M JUST HAVING THIS BIG FLUFFY FEELS ALL OUT OF A SUDDEN OH DEAR LORD HOW DOES LOOKING AT KORRA STUFF GIVE ME FLUFFY FEELS FOR MY AVEYOND SHIPS HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW????

So. A spur-of-the-moment sketch in which Gyen and Mel are being lovey dovey... I'm not going to make sense about the circumstances surrounding this...

width=400http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma86fbouAg1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

I'm pretty sure this is okay, since they aren't doing anything... But if mods aren't happy, feel free to tell me and I'll boot this pic off the forums.

Not really fanart as it is my personal Aveyond realism resource/stock. Not so much dreamcasting, because some of these people aren't actors. I use them for reference when drawing realism stuff. Wanna play guessing game as to who is supposed to be who? :P

width=400http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/314288_3951860393955_1892166031_n.jpg[/img]

From left to right, top to bottom:

1. Gyendal - Atsushi Sakurai

2. Te'ijal - Minnie Driver

3. Galahad - Viggo Mortensen

4. Rhen - Alison Lohman

5. Nanghaithya - Kenichi Matsuyama

6. Rashnu - Takeshi Kaneshiro

7. Saurva - Gerard Butler

8. Agas - Hang Geng

9. Mitra Darkthrop (Agas' human disguise) - Andrej Pejic

10. Dameon - Nazril Irham

11. Lars - Alex Pettyfer

12. Elini - Freida Pinto (temporary until I find better actress/model)

Huzzah!

I LOL'd so very hard at "Dameon".

@Kirro: Well, they are models for my fanonverse :D I don't care what canon-Dameon looks like, but this is the universe where Rhen ends up with Agas so whether or not Dameon is hot really doesn't matter. :laughing: and really, if I have to draw Dameon I might as well have a hot guy as the model so I will feel better when drawing.

Anyways. Let's just say that I don't want to raise any unfortunate implications when it comes to Dameon. Considering his background in my fanonverse... Yeah. I'm trying to avoid "Evil Is Ugly" and "Dark Skinned People Are Bad" (That guy in the photo looks pale, but that's only trick of the light. He's actually got pretty dark skin) :S I'm rather sensitive to that kind of thing recently.

-----------------------------------------------

So. "Gyendal" is a Jrock vocalist, "Agas" is a Chinese dancer and singer, "Te'ijal" is a British singer, "Dameon" is an Indonesian pop-rock singer.... Yay a choir? *imagines Te'ijal singing* It's so BIZARRE :o

OOohhh the dude for Lars looks gooooood. Hot a what. (but isn't he lacking cockiness just a little bit? XD)

Also, the Elini ref, I don't know if you need another one, she really fits her.

Facial expression has nothing to do with the features themselves :D He kind of has the face features I want my Lars to have, and the smugface I can draw into my pictures myself :P

Elini needs to look more fierce :evil: This model looks too soft. Someone with more prominent cheekbones maybe, and thicker eyebrows.

To be honest a lot of these people are only close calls because I don't know much about actors and actresses. In my drawings I'll have to tweak things a little (besides the obvious things like weird hair colour or crazy features like horns/extra eyes/etc). Narrower eyes, longer face, narrower jaw, etc.

Galahad, Gyendal, Saurva, Agas, Rhen, Rashnu, and Dameon are perfect. I'm still somewhat torn about Te'ijal. I'm still open for better Lars models. I have NO IDEA about how I want the rest of the crew.

I know the facial expression can be changed and it's features you are looking for, so I might have worded it wrong? Your Lars' eyes seem a bit too doe-ish for eternally annoyed snobby Lars. Like, I have a thing about fierce people having the eyes positioned more like \ / And those who are nice and calm / \ I hope it makes sense, I can't seem to describe it in words any better XD

And I see what you mean about Elini, her features could use more cheekbone-iness :P

That's because Lars and Rhen are young, so I purposely looked for someone who looks young :D Well, the girl I picked as Rhen looks kinda older, but hey.

Seriously, though, IMO it's the angle of the face and the eyebrows. If you look closely his eyes ARE slanted like this \/ Darken up them eyebrows and that nice boy face will disappear.

Eyes are normally the least of my concern anyway :P They're the easiest to fiddle with. So long as the nose, mouth, and jaw is good, the eyes I can changes however I want :D

Mouths and lips are the bane of my existence >.<

I cant seem to make lips NOT look over-poofy, and it's especially horrible when I'm trying to draw men.

Also hair. I somehow seem to have forgotten how to draw hair nowadays. I have this painting I've been trying to work on for days and it just WON'T COOPERATE. And clothes. Clothing folds = ARGH.

When I draw hair, I tend to prefer paying more attention to the total shape than the strands of hair themselves. :) Then again, I draw anime-style, not realism, so... Hair tends to look like sparkly pieces of paper with a few strands sticking out to prove that they're not. And anime = no real need to draw lips, just dab a bit of pink for the girls XD

Agree there with the clothes. D:

@Kirroha: But that IS how I do hair, realism or not. Draw the shape, figure out how light and shadows work, shade/highlight accordingly, then add the individual strands last.

Right now for some reason the hair in my picture keeps on looking like hideous scribbles no matter what I do to it. I decided to move on to clothes for the time being, only to run into MORE trouble because I'm drawing some fantasy thing and I'm honestly not sure where to find references for it from.

Also... Crowns. Aforementioned picture is supposed to be a king and a queen (hence why I asked for suggestions for fantasy king and queen refs a while back) and I'm having a hard time designing crowns for them that don't look too simple or stupid :S

OMG RULE 63 YOU GAIZ

width=500http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_madv6d3MDC1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

Rule 63: Genderswapperoo.

Man!Te'ijal and Woman!Gyendal. I only swapped their genders and not the roles or personality because if I swap the roles too, then it would seriously defeat the purpose because heck, everything would be exactly the same except with flipped genders! That is pointless, IMO :S

And so, in accordance to D_A's fanon, Te'ijal is now the warlock and Gyendal the fighter.

Te'ijal and Gyendal are weird enough names to be unisex, so I didn't bother changing their names =_____= Also, anyone noticed that they hardly look any different than normal aside from, iunno, lack of lipstick on Te'ijal and their body shape? Yeah.

Kay. What changes?

Tei is the super cool big bro with many fangirls OMG and Gyen is his biggest fangirl forever. That... is not exactly different (man!Gyen has a terrible sister complex when he's a kid, but whatever), except that this does NOT stop even when they're grown-up.

Since girls don't get the "blah blah family blah honor blah pride blah blah be the best blah" talk and are pretty much let loose, Gyendal would not turn into a crazy megalomaniac and would still be (sort of) nice when she grows up. And still is Te'ijal's biggest fangirl forever.

I see Te'ijal as a very laidback kind of character, so I don't think he'd be any different from what the original is like :D And because Te'ijal is awesome, he doesn't experience the magic hiccup like my!Gyendal did and didn't have to be subjected to the boy-in-a-dress-oh-noes-gender-confusion :P

I also think AV3 will not happen because neither one would be interested in taking over the world. Te'ijal likes humans too much. Also, because he's someone who prefers hands-on teaching than reading, he probably won't even find Mordred's book ever. Or, even if he does, he wouldn't care. Te'ijal doesn't hate reading per se; he just doesn't really care for it unless absolutely necessary (see the Te'ijal and Galahad researching in Mordred's library in TLO).

Gyendal is the book nerd, but because she's a fighter, she'd be more interested in kungfu manuals and not notebooks about magic. She knows enough about Tei to not give him books as gifts. Well, okay, some other nimrod may stumble upon the book eventually, but that's beside the point.

------------------------------------------

Okay enough wordvomit for now... Maybe I'll go do the rest of the gang next time...

Melvin, Stefan, Edwardine, Gladys, Lyle, Ulf, Yves, Jon.

And no Spook because nice!Gyendal = no TLO :P

Nice!D_A-style!Gyendal is super adorable, but not as fun to write about. Gyen's evilemowangstdenial is what makes him funny.

Yeah, LOL, even though my initial idea was to redraw my old genderbent daevas picture, I decided to draw these two first just so I can get this wordvomit out of the way. For the daevas (and everyone else from AV1, for that matter) the genderbending doesn't really change much. It's Gyendal who changes the most from the genderflip and I want to draw that! :D :D :D :D

And also because I'm Gyen's biggest fangirl (as far as I know anyway) :P

Gyen's BUAHAHAHAHAHHA EVIL is caused by over-compensating from his OMG-gender-confused childhood, constantly receiving the "blah be the best blah family legacy blah" talk, and being a tad too magic-happy. So if he's a girl he'll be for the most part nice... and an adorable Te'ijal fangirl. (I totes see fem!Gy as someone who will go KYYAAAAAAA!!! NII-SAAAAAAN!!!! all the time)

Woohoo!!

Heptitussmallfaceset.png

Heptitus, in AV3 faceset-style. I made her cute because Kirroha said so. And so she looks somewhere between Nox and Yemite, I guess? :evil:

Gyen's up next, but you all know I draw him all the time.

More of 'em Rule #63, you gaiz!!!

width=500http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/Rule63.jpg[/img]

Melvin (Mel), Sterling (Stella), and Gladys (Galahad). And Gyen snuggling Melvin like a koala. Yeah, Gyen is still taller than Melvin, LOL.

I STILL CAN'T DRAW MEL(VIN)'S NOSE RIGHT ADKSHKADHKASDHKASJD. Melvin's nose is supposed to look kinda like Dominic Monaghan's. Look him up.

I think Gyen and Melvin would meet much later than they do in game. You know, lack of interest in the Darkthrops in general and stuff. Because Gyen is not actively seeking out for Melvin, she happens to run into him while doing her regular rounds in thieves' hangout places. I mean, dude, Harburg is located right next to the Underworld's door. They'd run into each other at some point. In the meantime, Mordred's book gets tossed around somewhere out there.

Although... Leaving the age as-is would be lulzy too. Gyen's 29 (ignoring the 800+ vampire years cuz it contributes nothing to the looks) and Melvin's 17. Men being twice the girl's age is pretty meh in ye olde medieval times, but not the other way around. LOLOLOLOLOL :D

No. Not writing a fic. NOOOOOO.