Aveyond Studios Community
daeva_agas

This Universe Makes No Sense (Aveyond Fanart)

*imaginations running wild*

*opens Words document*

Sterling is still pretty looking though being a guy. Somehow he appearance reminds me of Nicolas from the novel The Vampire Lestate. Anyway... how I wish now I still remember exactly how the story in the game goes.

@Bemused: You can always ask me. I still remember 90% of LOT. Tiny details like sidequests may need refreshing, but it's easy enough. GON... well, I need some refresher course on THAT, but hey.

Yeah, them butterfly people are all soft and pretty and sparkly, even the boys :P I cannot draw ethnic people LOLOLOLOL.

So... dumping this stupid animation here for the lulz:

width=500http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/LOL-GyenMel-sig.gif[/img]

Those two people are supposed to be Mel and Gyendal. Some random person made it with some sprite generator. I just animated the scene.

Because Mel's pose is so aggresive and Gyendal's kind of just standing there, I wanted to have Mel treat Gyen like a princess or something. You know, all "I will protect you from harm!!" I can't think of any lines involving "princess" that doesn't make Mel sound like Gyendal's servant-bodyguard, so yeah.

Credits where credits are due:

- Scenery = Underfall tileset, Ying's trees, Celianna's tress, Mack bushes

- Monsters = RPG Creative

- Animation = RMVX Samurai Expansion

- Sprites = Wonderland Online sprite generator

My digital painting final project:

width=500http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/385742_3985285869571_1788199836_n.jpg[/img]

Yes, this is too Aveyond-related. Some weird scene from the third arc of Agas' saga/chronicle/biography/epoch/whatever. It has dragons in it. IDK. May or may not be the final arc. Final as in "after all this nonsense nothing more interesting happens, just quiet daily life at home that you probably won't care to hear". Because there's an AV2-related kerfuffle that will happen later and I don't want to think about who I should burden with the quest yet. If possible, not Agas. His saga is already long enough as it is :taz: The only worse thing I could do is to actually write out his daily life governing the militia.

*rant rant rave rave nobody cares anyway*

The colours are horrible because I don't know how to do this weird technique the teachers wants me to do properly.

The foliage is horrible because I don't know how to draw them.

The rocky mountains are cool ebcause they took forever to draw.

Agas and the dragon are cool because they're relatively easy.

DONE WITH FINAAAAALLLLSSSS~!!!!!!!!!!! Off to snooze now.

width=400http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/266/4/4/caterstellapillar_by_angelerenoir-d5fltg9.jpg[/img]

CaterStella. Stellapillar. Caterstellapillar.

In the AV4 random chatter thread I brought up this idea that Naylithians are caterpillars when young, then had metamorphosis into the butterfly people that they are as adults. You know, because they're butterflies? Naylithian moms give birth to this huge egg - one at a time, because they're partially humans too - which hatches into caterpillar-kids.

So. Caterstellapillar. And Stellacoccoon. Caterstellapillar is a fuzzy caterpillar because I love fuzzy things. And because she's a moth. Moths caterpillars tend to be fuzzy. well, okay, fine, she's not really a moth, but Gyendal calls her moth all the time so...

Councilman Gyendal. Politician Gyendal. Formal Gyendal. Smarmy Gyendal. Narmy Gyendal. Oh WHATEVER.

Gyen in his politics mode. Yeah, that thing I usually draw him in is his action/travel/playing ninja/playing Batman outfit for dirty jobs and gallivanting around the world. For council meetings and narmy political speeches, he wears this.

I like to imagine in his Politics!Mode Gyen jumps into purple prose and whatever he says contains OVER 9000% more narm than normal. Because that's how the most of the vampire population rolls, see? ESPECIALLY the older ones. Gyen is relatively young compared to some of the other council members. So he ended up absorbing some of that ham and cheese and narm that everyone else are practically REEKING of.

Pre-vamp Gyen and Tei are not fancypants who talks all stiff. They became like that from living in Ghed'ahre for so long :P

width=400http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/SwagGyen_zpsaa1bbad2.jpg[/img]

OMG

Gyendal, would you mind going out with me?

Stellapillar is cute. Just imagine the size of the caterpillar. lol Must be a shock to the wingless folks to see giant fuzzy worms crawling amok!

align=lefthttp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/CouncilmanGyendal_zps48c33fc1.png[/img]I don't date humans *goes back to [d]stalking[/d] observing Mel via Stellavision*

Um. Moving on.

Yes, the caterpillars is what Mel and co didn't report to us because they were too flabbergasted :P

Mel: *trips over one* Augh! What are these?

Caterpillar: Waaaaaaa~!!! :cry:

Lydia: Yuck! Worms! *tries to zap it*

Naylithian mom: Excuse me? What are you trying to do to my baby? :x *picks up caterpillar* There, there sweetie, mommy's here :amaranth:

Edward: I'm confused :o

I can imagine mini chibi fangirls sticking at his clothes.

haha Maybe the adults have them hidden in the woods since they eat leaves (if their physiology is anything like a caterpillar O.o)

Eh, I think the vampire fangirls we see in Ghed'ahre like to pretend to be too posh for that :evil: Though the real life ones wouldn't be that stuffy. Remember that fake magazine cover I did? I don't think I've ever seen that many gushing comments over my drawing before :o

That being said, Amanda mentioned Gyen is only considered handsome by the vamps because vampires have weird standards of what "handsome" is like. Makes me wonder just WHAT is he supposed to look like and WHY vampire ladies think he's handsome :S

Yes, the caterpillars are probably hidden in this special nursery somewhere inside the village so they don't omnom on everything :D Oooh, maybe the caterpillars are let loose outside the village and they eat the monster flowers that were all over the fields outside the village!

You know, this is going to be so rich when Eddie and Stella's kids are born. If any one of them ever was born Naylithian, imagine the uproar that would happen! :laughing:

(Sooo, I have this green fur cloth... And I have some purple wool... I think I still have some brown cloth too... Maybe I can make a caterstellapillar doll during the holidays...)

width=500http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/269/1/6/gyendal_and_his_fangirls_by_angelerenoir-d5fxwj8.jpg[/img]

I can't stop.... I CAN'T STOP!!!! MAKE ME STOP!!!!

Gyendal and his fangirls. Look at that dramatic cloak billowing dramatically in a non-existent wind.

So I always thought it funny when I go talk to Arcadia in Ghed'ahre as Te'ijal. She says "The Lord of Twilight is handsome, don't you think?" And I'm like, "Oh, gee, I don't know. Why don't you try asking someone who ISN'T his sister? Herp derp!"

My friend has a brother who has admirers. Every time these admirers tell her they think her brother is awesome she would just stare at them with a derpface and tell them she doesn't understand just what about her brother is so awesome :P

So yeah. I think Te'ijal would be all "Uh, whatever" :laughing: And the humans would be all, "ARE YOU SERIOUS????" And Te'ijal would have to explain that a lot of vampire ladies think Gyen is a wonderful husband material or something.

I think Gyen is the kind of guy who really doesn't care for his fangirls, if he even notices them. He probably thinks they're nutjobs. But they still fangirl over him regardless.

And this has somehow turned into freaking textbook shoujo manga. Or teenage romance novels, whatever. Same difference. This is, like, the most basic of all basic shoujo plots ever that it's practically TEXTBOOK.

Popular guy with throngs of fangirls who would just die to be his girlfriend. He always blows them off, but they just think he's so cool and aloof and tsundere, etc and just fangirl even more. Then along comes this utterly unremarkable girl and all out of a sudden, this guy is all over her. Cue enraged disbelief.

It doesn't matter if the girl in question here is Mel, Stella, or Lydia. The vampy fangirls would consider them all to be way low-class because they're food. The fangirls would probably only grudgingly concede defeat and back off if Gyen for some weird reason falls in love with Te'ijal, but THAT'S IS JUST SICK AKSJHAKJSHAKJSHAKJSHKAJHK I AM NOT GOING THERE!!!!!!

My weirdo fanon justification as to why Gyen hasn't dated anyone yet: Ravenfoot warlocks like their magic way more than everything else. He just doesn't care! And because vampires don't have sexual urges, he cares even LESS about dating after turning into a vampire. So far he's only cared about upgrading his magics, being a narmy politician, hanging out with Mordred or whatever, being a nerd and reads books all day, and wanders around the world looking for even MORE books.

And so, because AV3 "forced" him to pay very close attention to a certain group of people... Well... Yeah.

Enter the weird family ideals. I hope to explore this idea someday in a fic or something. Anyways, basically the Ravenfoot is a warlock family. Warlocks in their area have a very long-standing animosity against the witches, so the family have a terrible disdain for women with magic. In my headcanon, warlocks only pass down their magic to their sons unless the mother is magic too (to explain why Te'ijal don't have magic even though it really isn't necessary akjshakjhakjhs). At some point, the family had this ideal that the women of the family has to be physically strong. The daughters have to be trained to pack a terrible punch and the men must find wives who are similarly strong (to explain why Te'ijal is a good fighter while Gyendal/Spook sucks at fighting and is described as being weak).

What does that have to do with pairings? Well, guess who is the only female melee fighter in the hero party who is not Te'ijal? Purely by accident, mind you... I didn't have the crackshippery stuff in mind when I was developing the Ravenfoot family. And because as per TDP everyone has apparently lost their minds, Mel being magic is nobody's concern anymore.

"You do realize you are talking to his sister, don't you?" <-- LOL

Gyendal's "Duh" face in panel two. I have to stop myself from laughing out loud when I saw this. (note to self to best avoid clicking on d_a's related links while working ;) )

Sounds like family politics / drama. You meant to say that the Ravenfoot as a Warlock family is from the beginning part of the W&W (I am saying as a whole)... and that Te'ijal and Gyendal, of all the Ravenfoot members, happened to be vampires?

I dunno about them being part of the W&W. It's not like in the AV-verse the witches and warlocks join guilds :S So the Ravenfoot is a warlock family from one of the as-of-now-unmapped-yet places in Aia. They're probably almost-nobles there, whatever.

Somewhere out there in the world there are Gyen and Tei's other relatives that they haven't met, but let's not bother going there yet. It's not important.

Gyen and Tei became vampires because they met vampires when they were wandering around the world. The vampires were trying to eat them, but since they were stopped midway through feeding, they turned instead of dying. That's what Amanda said about vampire turning, btw. Once bitten, as long as you're not dead, you turn. And this saviour is Agas in disguise. Back when he was trying to run away from being a daeva and landed himself in the human realm. He was wandering around aimlessly, saw the vampires eating people, the vampires try to eat HIM too, and he blasted them away. Cue shenanigans. It's too long to tell here.

It's not really drama. Just bizarre family situations that happened as I was trying to explain away Gyendal and Te'ijal's situation. So... yeah... It just grows. I daresay it makes sense as far as my own continuity goes. I was working backwards from Gyen and Tei's current situation, so... I dunno. So far it seems to be working okay.

Have I ever mentioned about Gyendal crossdressing? The story goes that the Ravenfoot is a proud family. Gyendal was born with a glitchy magic. He couldn't do any magic until later on, and for a warlock that is embarrassing. So he was raised as a girl until they managed to draw his magic out. Then they pulled this excuse of Gyen being twins and the twin sister is now sent away to study while Gyen just returned from training elsewhere or whatever. Then Gyen has to study around the clock to make up for the lost time. It's... partially what made him more prone to power-crazy than Te'ijal was. Again, subconscious. He doesn't realize he's got that attitude going and nobody told him because it wasn't a problem (yet).

Tei is more level-headed because she only had to deal with all the craziness from the outside. Gyen is still semi-normal for the most part. It's just that if he gets ideas, it will escalate to insane heights. See AV3. He's weak physically and mentally. He doesn't realize he's susceptible to promises of power, but he is. That's how Mordred got him tangled in this whacky prophecy kerfuffle.

Oh yay, this has turned into a Gyendal character rant.

width=450http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/644519_4004987962111_922112042_n.jpg[/img]

Bemused is writing this beautiful fic based on the rule 63 Gyen-Tei concept I had, so now I'm excited and keep on drawing more :P

As per my headcanon where the Ravenfoot ladies are wonderful fighters, fem!Gy is more muscular than her male counterpart, LOL.

Female-Gyendal's outfit is basically the same design as male-Gyendal's. The difference are that the shirt has short sleeves, she wears shorts instead of trousers, and her gloves are fingerless gloves (but still elbow-length).

Her weapons are that chain-blade thing and throwing knives. The throwing knives go in that bag and the chain is attached to her belt. The diamond-shaped object at the end of the chain is the main blade that she swings around. On the other end is a dagger that looks like a stake (irony!). And I went overboard with the Ravenfoot crest because I love it so much (that diamond with a cross thingy in the middle).

Councilwoman Gyendal doesn't have formal wear. For formal occassions she just throws that hooded cloak over her outfit. She's still in charge of security and stuff (oh LOL, wasn't Agas in charge of this in Demon Realm too? What is with me and military/police/security?) but she's more involved. Instead of just sending random mook skeletons (where did manGyendal get them from? D:) to guard the Underworld entrances, she trained vampires to be guards and station them in the entrances.

Her"title" is Lady Crimson. Unlike man!Gyendal who calls HIMSELF Lord of Twilight (why, Gyendal, why? Wouldn't Lord of Midnight be better-sounding?), Lady Crimson is a nickname given to her by other people. Because that awful awful blade's serrated edge draws a lot of blood, you see? So blood sprays everywhere.

FemGyen is still a book nerd and likes reading books on fighting techniques and the like, but definitely more outgoing than manGyendal. ManGyendal would hole himself up in his room with books and scrolls for days on end until someone (Te'ijal) comes in and drags him out to do something else.

width=450http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/527439_4008840578424_650431601_n.jpg[/img]

More blah on the rule 63 thingy.

So. Man!Te'ijal. Ignore the scribbles on the top right corner. I was taking notes.

Also a random study of Te'i's eye. Te'ijal's eyes are narrower than Gyendal's. It could look either sultry or sleepy depending on Te'ijal's mood. Also, Te'ijal's eyebrows has that little notch thingy at the end while Gyen's is just straight.

I think I successfully made manTe'ijal not look like regularGyendal. Yay.

Someday I should draw up a proper comparison between the two. Te'i has a straighter nose, Gyen's is a little more curved. Tei has sharper, more angular features. Gyen's are softer and more rounded curves than sharp angles. Regardless of who is the man and who is the woman.

Much as I rather have Tei wear a cloak, Bemused already wrote Man!Te'ijal in her fic as wearing a scarf instead, so I just went with it XD It wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Te'i is less iffy about showing skin than Gyendal, so his suit is sleeveless, just like it is on female!Te'ijal. Sorry BeMused, this one I really don't want to change. I don't even know what a frock coat looks like anyway.

I did get rid of the fishnet undershirt that my normalTe'ijal has. It looks stupid on a man. Also, I gave him regular trousers instead of that WTF pants that normalTe'ijal has.

Less weapon details because seriously, his stick is just a regular beating stick. I mean walking stick. Yeah. That one. Ravenfoot warlocks don't use staffs to do magic. Waving around sticks to perform magic? That is just not elegant! *humph*

ManTe'i is more buff than manGyen. Gyen is pretty much a walking skeleton. Te'ijal didn't have regularGy's magic fail, and so Te'i only has regular practice sessions as opposed to practicing all round the clock to make up for lost time. So manTe'i still has spare time to spar with Gyen or his mom. Not being a terrible bookworm also helps. That means he gets out more. And exercise more.

width=475http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/272/9/5/piyopiyopiyo_pon___uma_by_angelerenoir-d5g83wp.jpg[/img]

Product design practice... Sort of. It's a nifty product idea, I think.

Inspired by shaz's newly-hatched baby chicks. There were these two chicks, One was pure black and one was pale yellow. Someone (I forgot who) said they're UmaNox. So... behold chickenUma! :evil:

ChickenNox is still sitting in the bathroom drying off so she cannot make it to the photoshoot, but when she's all ready I'll be taking pictures of the twins together

PiyoPiyoPiyo Pon logo © me

DO NOT STEAL

width=450http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c0.34.403.403/p403x403/61101_4045569576626_416750929_n.jpg[/img]

ChickenNox is smaller than ChickenUma because the craft store was mean and sells black fuzzballs in smaller size than the white one. Also, they don't carry black feathers. The only black feathers they have is the one in this huge giant bulk bags of multi-colour feathers. DO NOT WANT.