Aveyond Studios Community
daeva_agas

This Universe Makes No Sense (Aveyond Fanart)

I'M ONE STEP CLOSER INTO CONQUERING SAI! I WILL BEAT YOU ONE DAY, SAI! I SWEAR I WILL.

And so, sparkly Gyendal:

width=400http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/306570_4120028518053_1615087614_n.jpg[/img]

Not my normal style? Yep. I was using the fluffy shoujo style favoured by otome games. Though by the time I'm done colouring I'm too tired to bother to colour in the lineart, which the games I used as reference did to their art.

The face I had to do in Photoshop because SAI is not doing it right. The rest of the shading I did make in SAI, though. Final image re-imported to Photoshop to add the text and sparkles.

Nonsense Japanese because I'm not that good yet and also complete bollocks way of spelling "Gyendal Ravenfoot" in katakana.

And makes him look like a potential love interest. Which, all things considered, IS A VERY BAD THING.

Come on, he's the kind of bad guy who likes to steamroll his enemies to submission. If he doesn't look aggressive, then that's horrible!

width=500http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/598613_4238362276323_1980165386_n.jpg[/img]

I just can't help myself :/

The Ghed'ahre High Council. You know, the top leaders. There are more councilmen and women assisting them, but I don't want to draw too many pointless people.

From left to right:

* Councilwoman Ijahzari: Treasurer, also in charge of economics and trade.

* Head Councilwoman Sangfleur: Council leader and in charge of public relations

* Councilman Dramienne: Bookkeeper/secretary, also in charge of census.

* Councilman Ravenfoot: In charge of public safety and security.

Why am I doing this? I don't know :S

The symbol on the banners are the Ghed'ahre symbol/logo/crest. Because I can. Not so bad, I guess.

The lamps are magic glowing water. They're mostly just for decoration because vampires don't need the light.

Ijahzari is from Veldt. I don't know how the naming convention works in Veldt, but I tried my best to make it work. She was turned at 12, so she looks like a little kid. She's going to look so weird colour :S All vampires turn pale white once they drink human blood right? Yeah. Because in my head the Veldt people look like Indian or Middle-Eastern people. Talk about awkward.

Sangfleur got a design update, LOL. She used to be this pointy-faced lady. I made her rounder because chubby vampires need to exist. And' she's supposed to be latina-looking. That necklace is red and dangling with beads, so it almost looks like she's bleeding from her throat. Designed that way on purpose. Ha. She's still dressed in the typical poofy dress lady vampires wear.

Dramienne also got an upgrade. I made his outfit look a little more casual, although he still has his monocle on. Because. Actually, you can't see much of his clothes because his arms are covering it. Oh well. I hope it's clear enough that his scribbly arms are supposed to indicate hairy arms, though? He... kinda looks like an older, crankier version of Jude Law as Dr. Watson in Sherlock Holmes. Or maybe it's just me.

And Gyendal is Gyendal.

Pointless trivia: After it's been made clear that Gyen isn't coming back, Te'ijal took his place. And because Te'ijal cannot stand the paperwork, she ended up sharing the position with Galahad. They take turns doing the paperwork. It works out well. Because Galahad now has a responsibility in Ghed'ahre, he couldn't put it upon himself to run away. And Te'ijal gets less paper to deal with. Yay!

width=500http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/334/c/e/nanghaithya_nanghaithya_nanghaithya_by_angelerenoir-d5mm4qg.jpg[/img]

Look! Daevas!

So... The D_A-verse guide on "How to pronounce 'Nanghaithya'".

The one version that I didn't get to include in the comic is the Common Demon Language version. Fail.

In the Common Language, "Nanghaithya" is read like this: Nung-high-thya (nung rhymes with lung)

Aesma uses the Common Language version, but he because he has a heavy accent, he reads it like this: Nung-gight-ttya (gight rhymes with light)

How Nanghaithya himself says it, and technically the correct way, is: Nun-jaih-hhya (jaih rhymes with sky, but you read the "h" at the end)

Yeah. Pointless word building ahoy!

So. This is Agas's first proper introduction to Nanghaithya. And if you're wondering why Agas is so derpy, that's because he's still technically 5 years old. But he looks about 17-18. And while his mind will mature properly, his face will remain that way until AV1 is done and over with. It's a long story.

Also, Nanghaithya is not short because Aesma is tall by comparison. Aesma is not very tall. Nanghaithya IS short; shortest of the daevas. Followed by Tawrich. Indra is around the same \height as Agas. Aesma is slightly shorter than Saurva if you don't count that horn-thingy on Aesma's head. Tallest of the bunch is Zarich.

How did I ever get the impression that Aesma is so big and tall in ye olde times? How mind-boggling!

width=500http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/532394_4319500184720_1487577990_n.jpg[/img]

I hate Rise of the Guardians. Dreamworks ninja'd me and stole that title.

Kidding :P But I do actually dislike that movie. And not because it stole the title from me, because it's a pretty generic title.

I had this plan to make a fake movie poster thing for the "daeva history" arc of my fanon (I am a crazy fan, bleh). The title I was considering using was "Rise of the Guardians" because the daevas are guardians. Of stuff. The other option was simple "Rise of the Daevas". Then bam! This movie came out. So might as well make parodies for giggles.

Anyways. Here be Indra. Technically during the time this story is set she doesn't have the "Vitaresh" title yet, but meh. Surnames makes the name have more "weight" and more impactful, yanno?

That quote is from Shakespeare. The original quote, I believe, says, "Thou art all ice. Thy kindness freezes."

All those icicle-clothing on her body took more than 7 hours to paint. Gah. I did the ice-chakram she has with pieces from RMVX and RMXP ice animation sheets. Both to save time and as a nod to her RPG Maker origins :lock:

So. Just Indra for now, because I'm going to be bogged down with finals soon. The rest of the people are coming later. I hope to be able to finish this in time for my birthday and have this as a birthday present to myself, but if not... Well, at least I can get something out before this movie falls out of fashion and then the parody is not as relevant anymore.

Since this is straight parody, Indra obviously takes the place of Jack Frost. The rest of the daevas will match the other characters. Well, not role-wise. Just pose-wise and position-wise. If you look at the original ROTG poster, Indra's pose is nearly identical to the one Justin Bieberfrost had here. Well, okay, since the poster is too crowded to hold 7 daevas I took away the two scarier-looking ones. I do try to keep the light-hearted kiddie mood of the original poster intact.

Now I kinda wish someone would actually make this movie. Seriously, we need more girl protagonists in cartoons. As in the big main lead, not just "major character" or "love interest", and doesn't fall in love at least during the course of the movie. You know, like Merida in Brave! She's the main hero and she doesn't fall in love on-screen.

The one bad thing about this was that I drew Indra with taking atmosphere into account. Her skin is tinged red and a lot of the highlights on her are yellow, reflecting the red and yellow glow of the surrounding. Naturally, if I ever move her into a different background, she would look horribly out of place. In the original Dreamworks posters, the characters were rendered with generic, untinted global light and so they can shift the characters around and copy-paste them into posters with different backdrops with no consequence. I can NOT simply tweak Indra with Photoshop and call it done. It doesn't work that way! It's the one downside of 2D art, really. If this is 3D, all the artist needed to do is change the lighting effect and it's done. Unfortunately, I cannot make a 3D Indra, so I have to make do.

Well, that's an incentive to learn 3D. If I can render 3D, I can make 3D daevas. How cool would that be?

In which I make an "OC" who is what I would normally call out to be Mary Sue in other fics. On purpose. For my own bizarro fanfic.

This is Morgan Ravenfoot.

width=400http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/Morgy.jpg[/img]

So. Normally I really REALLY hate OCs that barge in on-screen and change the story. Pointless OCs like, for example, "Mel's parents" or "Stella's siblings" who only exist in the background or outside the main story is no biggie. But stuff like "Stella's long-lost twin sister joins the party" or "Mel's thief friend got tangled in the Darkthrop business too" makes me blow my top.

For this, I'm making an exception. I have this story idea I want to explore and THIS GUY needs to happen, so... I sort of purposely made him into the kind of story-intruding OC people normally make. Powerful warlock! Related to Te'ijal and Gyendal (probably)! Knows a lot about the orb business! Mysterious past/identity! Oooh! I just hope that the plot-twist-explanation I have is sensible enough. I'd hate to do the very thing I condemn a lot of fanfics for doing :S

Practicing my traditional inking. Tones in Photoshop because my manual tones are in my USA apartment.

width=500http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/006/4/1/after_600_years_by_angelerenoir-d5qm9ud.jpg[/img]

Ah, AV1... Them daevas and druids. I missed them :P Especially my lovely evil creep Nanghaithya. He is such a hilarious emotionless bastard.

width=500http://25.media.tumblr.com/9552b9007ff1fb3d4b78404169ebbe58/tumblr_mgrv3l1snA1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

I have a secret Aveyond project that involves me drawing in shoujo style. So. Shoujo style Gyendal and Te'ijal.

Look! I gave Gyen a flowy, totally ineffective clothes that made him look so fruity and sparkly like an otome game date-able!

Te'ijal will eat me if I try to give her sexy revealing clothes, so I just made her wear her normal clothes. She looks more awesome like that anyway.

Yep. Nox has a hat in TLO, and I loved that hat. I wished they had kept it on in TDP.

I don't know how to explain how I colour hair. I just do :S All I can say is that I use a Wacom tablet to draw.

yeah I mean in the comic.

I think the "Sniff sniff" part is...um...not appropriate imo. Gy didn't stink or anything ri8? so teijal can smell him from thousands of miles away...

well however hightened your senses may be, you can't sniff someone out in different worlds...

cuz tei'jal is in the underworld and Gy was with Mel in the overworld...and if you say that tei'jal was in the over world,what would teijal be doing there? (that brings out another question- how DID tei came to know that Gy was after the Orbs?)

We're straying into personal interpretation territory now, so I will only refute canon errors.

I think the "Sniff sniff" part is...um...not appropriate imo. Gy didn't stink or anything ri8? so teijal can smell him from thousands of miles away...

But you don't know where Te'ijal is. Also, if you remember, in the game Galahad can smell Mel in Thial mountains all the way from Harburg, so vampires' noses ARE that good.

If you wonder why it takes her that long to get to Harburg... Vampires do NOT have lightning-speed. Not according to canon anyway. Te'ijal never mentioned losing speed when she turned into human.

and if you say that tei'jal was in the over world,what would teijal be doing there?

You'd think the moon made it obvious that it's the Overworld. What gives you the impression that there's a moon in the Underworld? And what do you think she was doing there? LOOKING FOR GYENDAL, OBVIOUSLY :roll:

This is more of interpretation thing, but it makes no sense for Te'ijal to know exactly where Gyendal is. There's plenty of exits to the Overworld. Just because there so happen to be an exit in Harburg, doesn't mean that Te'ijal knows to use that particular one. Maybe Gyendal used a different exit to throw her off track. Maybe Gyendal just teleported out and Te'ijal doesn't even know where to start looking.

(that brings out another question- how DID tei came to know that Gy was after the Orbs?)

It doesn't matter how Te'ijal knows about the orbs to begin with. It's canon that she knows and canon never explains, so just roll with it. If I ever continue the comic, I will explain my version in full then.

Basically Gyendal has evil plans, Te'ijal finds out, and they've been running around the world in a big dog-cat-mouse chase and continuously missing each other for the last goodness-knows-how-long period of time. Weeks, months, years, I don't know. A few years at the longest, because Gyendal said it took him years to locate Mel. Maybe Te'ijal have been after Gyendal for all those years and has not caught up with him until now.

Have y'all met my very first ever Agas? Before I found the forums and got swayed by the fanfics?

width=400http://25.media.tumblr.com/b24b224e8d2deece65ee89da0a6990f9/tumblr_mhvr57NJqV1r7k0jco2_500.jpg[/img]

A nasty, nasty, nasty evil guy who... is generally mean and very spiteful. And cold-hearted. Because daevas = evil, you see? If he could, he would probably would have eaten Dameon, but people is kinda not part of his diet and he prefers not to have a stomach ache, thank you very much.

width=400http://25.media.tumblr.com/a3d7fc42cf54935868effe7670207e15/tumblr_mhvr57NJqV1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

The more I edit his design, the prettier he gets... Although in the most recent design, the prettiness actually had a point. The idea is that he's the spitting image of Eithera, because that's karma coming back to haunt a certain someone for being a horrible person.

I feel like hitting the "Reset" button and redo the daevas all over AGAIN, but that will only confuse people who already know of my stuff. That is not good. But horrible!Agas is something I feel like doing sometimes...

Happy Chinese New Year 2013~

It’s the year of the Black Water Snake, so… um, have a black and white picture of Rashnu with a black water snake?

width=500http://24.media.tumblr.com/0e1f7617d7bb23d0524f17202bdf01dd/tumblr_mi02wiVK3N1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

Because “Aveyond fanart” is, like, my default art mode. It’s like auto-pilot. I am so pathetic.

I originally wanted to draw Nanghaithya, but naaah, Rashnu is more like a snake than Nanghay. He’s deadlier, scarier, and more… “smooth”. Nanghaithya is straight out a mix of “derp” and a creep, and that totally doesn’t suit the image of a snake. That’s more like an octopus. A poisonous octopus.

"Wedding Banners" compilation. Might as well put them up all here.

GyMelsig.png
Theme: "Dark Temple"

The one that started it all... This is not even part of my "fixed headcanon", man... This is just some trolltastic scene I put together... for giggles. I don't even remember why I made that GyenMel kiss sprite to begin with.

AgasRhenbanner_zpse71af260.png
Theme: "Magic Cave"

Agas/Rhen. Because they're the only "healthy" ship among my crackships, so to speak. Probably because Agas is about as much derp about the entire kerfuffle as Rhen is. This is not so much a wedding as it is a "super complicated magical mumbo jumbo treaty ceremony". They DO get married in my headcanon, but they just added this extra ceremony on top of the marriage just because.

I won't bore you with the explanation unless you guys ask for it. TL;DR: it's some kind of "I swear I won't kill you" vow; Aesma is the "priest" because only a daeva and/or their acolytes are allowed to perform the ritual; Eithera, Saurva, and Devin are there both to become obligatory witnesses and parents of the married couple.

LarshenBanner_zps962db59b.png
Theme: "Light Temple"

Moonja asked for it. I thought, hey, why not? I have spare sprites lying around. Wasn't particularly trying to recreate the church from the wedding scene in AV1 because that was a battle background just stuck there as parallax. That is not awesome. Let's all pretend this is the Oracle's temple. Not the Sun Shrine, but the Oracle's temple/shrine. You know, like in AV3? Materials taken from RMXP RTP, RMVX RTP, and Pandamaru's resources.

DameonRhenbanner_zpsd360c86e.png
Theme: "Nature"

Treeeeessssssss.... TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS...
Shaz's request. Complete with the very unhappy Lars scowling in the back. She specifically asked for that too. This was originally supposed to be a fairly simple scene. An outdoor scene, with a flower arch maybe, some little flowers on the ground, and maybe one or two bushes and trees. But NOPE. I open my tree collection and I just can't stop adding trees and bushes and flowers to the scene.

I picked up a load of wonderful foliage map pieces a while back, you see. Every time I see them I squee and just want to cram as many of them as possible into the space.

Aww, don't be so down on yourself, Slimm. You make pretty maps! You can do it! :D

The materials are the stuff we can find in the forum resources. All I did was "add stuff until it makes sense or there's no more space", LOL :P