Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
daeva_agas

Stuff Happens (Non-fanart)

Gallery of original stuff.

Directory:

- Seven Deadly Sins

An adventure otome/romance game about steampunk pirates I want to make. Officers (captain, first mate, doctor, etc) on board the titular ship Seven Deadly Sins were named after the seven sins. No fantasy for the most part, i.e everyone's human and there are no demons/spirits/vampires/gods involved. Though because this ain't Earth weird-coloured eyes and hair are to be expected.

* Pride initial designs

* Lust initial design

* Mornginstar/Venganza de Valeria sketches

Ship: Venganza de Valeria/Morningstar

Venganza is Seven Deadly Sins' sister ship, and the previous captain is sort of friends with Deadly Sins' captain, so the two ships' have some sort of friendly rivalry kind of thing going on.

Well, sort of. Until Captain Eduardo took over. He had his own thing going on so Venganza lost contact with Deadly Sins. They didn't suddenly start fighting each other or anything. Captain Ed just don't really have time to contact the Deadly Sins' captain. And Captain Ed is the one who started calling the ship Venganza. Ship used to be called Morning Star.

width=500http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/My%20VN%20stuff/4392.jpg[/img]

(Top left)

Fala "Sleepy Priest" Kain: He gets called that because his narrow eyes makes him look sleepy and he recites prayers every time someone is dead, be it a crew member or the enemy or random passerby. That eyepatch thingy is a monocle. Of sorts. He has VERY bad eyesight on one eye, so he needs that to see properly.

Random geometric designs are the beads on Fala's necklace. Each shape has a different colour and meaning. It's kinda like a rosary, but not.

(Top Right)

First Mate Gwendal Baumgartner: Er. Um. I hope he doesn't look too much like a certain floppy vampire I am kinda notorious for? What? Gwendal is too a legit Germanic name. Anyways. Guy thinks he's such a hotshot. Captain tolerates him only because he's mostly talk. Never showed any hints of him arranging a mutiny... yet.

(Bottom left)

Valeria: As I said, she's dead. Anyways. The namesake of the ship's new name. Previously the Master Gunner on board.

(Bottom right)

Captain Eduardo Mantolla: I wanted to make him look like Zorro. Or Dread Pirate Roberts. Behold. I wanted to make a nudge at Blackbeard (whose real name is Edward Teach, in case you don't know that), but ended up having an entirely different vision of the character so I changed it. Still called him Eduardo anyway. And yeah, partly also a nudge at Pirates in Love. And Pirates of the Caribbean, because the Pirate Lord of Adriatic Sea is called Eduardo Villaneuva.

I've only ever seen Lust represented by a female before. That's an interesting interpretation. I like his design, and much more than Pride's design.

DARNIT! I forgot to add the explanation. They're just human beings who call themselves by the name of the sins and it has nothing to do with their personality.

Oh, okay. Is "Lust" still lustful and "Pride" still prideful, though? Or did they just decide that it sounded cool and their names don't reflect their personalities at all?

I really like the cogs and overall design of Valeria's hat. Did she die in combat or of natural causes or what? It looks like she has wrinkles, although I don't know if that's purposeful. :)

Well, when someone has wrinkles it usually means they're OLD, herp derp :roll:

Anyways. These people are characters for a story in the works. To tell you more is to spoil the story.

So... I had it half in mind of developing Seven Sins as an otome game. Thing is, the designs so far ain't gonna get girls playing unless they have ossan-complex [d]like me[/d]. So. *rolls sleeve*

Drawing some of the guys in a more eye-pleasing look that would get more girls interested LOL :D

width=500http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/My%20VN%20stuff/Otomefication.jpg[/img]

Or at least I attempted to. My shoujo manga art skills suck, and I don't know what girls generally think is hot. I may occasionally agree with the common trend, but doesn't mean I understand how trends work.

I personally think Pride is hot enough as he is in the original design, but others may disagree. Lust doesn't need any redoing. He's already got that fruity shoujo-manga look going. Neither do Fala, for that matter. He's fruity enough as he is.

Eduardo ended up looking like manga!Jesus because he got no hat, and Gwendal looks way too young. But that's how otome and shoujo manga works. everyone looks young unless they're supposed to have the ossan look.

And... that one guy with paper-like hair is Envy. I posted his picture in the collegium and I won't move him over yet because his design needs redoing.

Pride is totally the proof that I didn't dislike Dameon for his hairstyle, LOL. Look at 'im. He's got similar hairdo, 'cept Pride's got longer hair.

More of my Seven Sins stuff...

Here are our heroines~

From left to right: Daren (thief), Rion (village/country girl), and Mun (metalcrafter).

Because I like heavy project that would so totally kill me dead, as per usual, each heroine has different storylines. Well, there are common events, but what each one would say in any given situation would not be the same.

width=500http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/My%20VN%20stuff/Heroines.jpg[/img]

Name: Gwendal Baumgartner

Ship: Venganza de Valeria

In case you're wondering, he isn't a Gyendal stand-in. If I want to smuggle Aveyond characters into my original games, I would either be blatantly obvious or very sneaky. Not like this.

I was trying to draw a half-twisted torso. I'm sure if I nitpick something will turn out to be very wrong. So I'm not going to nitpick now.

width=250http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/My%20VN%20stuff/Gwendalfanservice.jpg[/img]

Name: Iljedo Degasse Raghasa

Ship: Sky Patrol Airship (name to be decided)

What's a pirate story without the authorities hounding after them, right? Sir Iljedo Degasse Raghasa (pronounced Ill-yeh-do Deh-just-seh Rah-Gha-sah), commander of the sky patrol unit who are constantly at odds with the Valeria.

They're not mortal enemies per se. Degasse wants nothing more than the pirates to get out of his hair. He'd be willing to let them go if they would just stop bothering his district. Unfortunately, Captain Eduardo has major beef against this unit and simply would not stop.

I'm still debating whether to use normal military rank names (Air Marshal, Captain, etc) or make up rank names because this is not Earth. So until I find a proper status to address him by I'm just going to call this guy Sir Degasse.

width=300http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/sha-bo_de_LC/My%20VN%20stuff/Iljedo.jpg[/img]

'Kay, I just HAVE to rant about this.

So a while back I had this very vivid dream of a Phantom of the Opera spinoff visual novel. It's so vivid i actually had a clear vision of a few of the characters AND their names.

This guy here is Erik Idiman. I did not make that name. I saw that name in my dream. Seriously. I remember clearly a moment where I was looking at the game's CD box (good grief!) and there's this character profile thing

y at the back. I don't even know how my brain came up with a name like that. He's either the manager or the Opera House's owner, which is ironic because Erik is the name of the original Phantom of the Opera. Dreams, they are bizarre.

So on the right was my attempt at recreating the vision of Erik I had in my dream. It was drawn in this very shoujo Otome game style that I do NOT normally do so that's my best attempt. On the left is me recreating the guy in a supah-realism style. Without any reference, hence wonky anatomy and such. I kept the mistakes so I can see and learn, LOL.

width=500http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/394472_3837009962766_1314067203_n.jpg[/img]

One-page shoujo manga-style nonsense about my OCs from Seven Deadly Sins. Read RIGHT to LEFT, Japanese style.

This is neither canon nor part of the actual gameplay. I just like shipping these two for the lulz. I can too make doujinshi for my own stories!!! :lock:

width=500http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/197516_4064932620690_963509461_n.jpg[/img]

Bahahahahahahaha... :evil:

This is so weird so sappy so funny... And this page went so well too. I normally had to do like a bajillion layout tests before I finally gave up and just drew directly on the page and ruin it by erasing the panels over and over. This one took only 3 layout tests and minor panel edits in the final drawings on the paper.

Am I actually more suited to do shoujo manga??? *le gasp*

width=500http://24.media.tumblr.com/18ec68619866da9a4bacedde35928a2b/tumblr_mf0wtgE5Vn1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

Amanda and Bryce. Woot! One big project down, a dozen more to go~

I probably fudged up some colours on there, but our king is such a ninja that I cannot find any decent reference of him ANYWHERE. So I did the best I could with what I can find.

And because this is Amaranthia, have a whole lot of amaranth-related stuff in there. The background scenery is an amaranth flower field wallpaper. The crowns and the gold embroidery on the clothes are designed to look like Amaranth flowers.

The colour scheme on the clothes and crown was me trying to be witty. The colours of the Amaranth Games logo is black and purple (and also white and yellow, if you count the "Amaranth Games" text). So purple trim, black crown, white cloak, and gold embroidery. Green is the complement of purple, so... green clothes! The red gems are red because my favourite colour on an amaranth flower is red. As I said above, the crowns' "spikes" are meant to look like amaranth flowers, but if we want to continue talking artsy mumbo-jumbo, red is an analog colour to purple so it still fits.

I could've sworn I posted this picture a while ago... Apparently not!

width=500http://24.media.tumblr.com/18ec68619866da9a4bacedde35928a2b/tumblr_mf0wtgE5Vn1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

Amanda and Bryce. Woot! One big project down, a dozen more to go~

I probably fudged up some colours on there, but our king is such a ninja that I cannot find any decent reference of him ANYWHERE. So I did the best I could with what I can find.

And because this is Amaranthia, have a whole lot of amaranth-related stuff in there. The background scenery is an amaranth flower field wallpaper. The crowns and the gold embroidery on the clothes are designed to look like Amaranth flowers.

The colour scheme on the clothes and crown was me trying to be witty. The colours of the Amaranth Games logo is black and purple (and also white and yellow, if you count the "Amaranth Games" text). So purple trim, black crown, white cloak, and gold embroidery. Green is the complement of purple, so... green clothes! The red gems are red because my favourite colour on an amaranth flower is red. As I said above, the crowns' "spikes" are meant to look like amaranth flowers, but if we want to continue talking artsy mumbo-jumbo, red is an analog colour to purple so it still fits.

width=400http://24.media.tumblr.com/d4fada3a1fc27dc0819406151fa002ed/tumblr_mgtr4fjnwv1r7k0jco1_500.jpg[/img]

A photo manip of my dog.

Because she is a giant hairy caterpillar in disguise so one day she'll metamorph into a butterfly :taunt:

Totally love how she's posing there. Her front legs are sort of lifted up so she looks like she's about to float away...

I wanted to try making a short Visual Novel as practice, but I can't be bothered to draw my own stuff for it, so I used freeware material available online. Sadly, this freeware material is so popular that a whole bunch of other people have used them too, so I decided to FRANKENSPRITE THEM!!!

width=500http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/035/9/c/sampler2_by_angelerenoir-d5tu2tv.jpg[/img]

You get to pick your main character's look, but you only have 3 options. Whoo :lock: In the game they're the teenage/kids version, but you get to see the adult version in the endings. Yeah.

The one on the right IS a girl/woman. She's just very flat-chested and very boyish.