Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
theAdept_Rogue

Nightway Mental Institution - a psychological RP

Hey people. Been a while since there's any activity in the RP threads these days, so I decided to create a new one- though whether or not this is to start depends on the players' responses.

OK, so I realize that, from the general RP discussion board and my personal experience in roleplaying, most (almost all) role-players enjoy fantasy roleplay and you might ask why the one I'm posting isn't.

Two simple reasons, actually. First of all, I'm getting quite tired of fantasy as an RP genre. Not saying that I'm now hating it, but a break would be nice. Besides, a fantasy genre with no proper direction is an easy ground for players to god-mod and generally mess up the storyline- especially when clustered with super-powered immortals with thousand years of fighting experience and wielding magics which have no rules or real limit and boundaries.

Secondly, while I do have a plot concept for a fantasy RP, they're not well-developed, and I'd imagine that it's going to be hard to direct. I'm going to be quite busy the next few days/weeks, and I don't want to spend that much time working on it- since the amount of roleplayers in this forum is relatively low. You could say that I'm currently too lazy to put in that much effort for so little people. This particular RP is something I found from another website, which is already inactive before I could post anything since the thread starter had disappeared. So, anyway, let's start.

------------------------------------------

Introduction

You find yourself locked away. Locked away in a place far more than just a mental institution. It is your prison. Your home. Your living nightmare. There is no salvation. You find yourself in a deeper part of this prison. Deep under where light never shines and there are no doors, only barred cells, walls, and floors. It is here that you find yourself dragged to, for no told reason.

And the so called 'care takers' are usually more crazy then the patients they tend to. At least the ones that take care of the 'special' high intensive care patients. This is where some of you may find yourself. Taking care of the patients in the deep cells.

Rules

* Try to keep your posts to a reasonable length. Don't go too long and please don't post short 2-4 line posts. The more detail you use the better we can imagine the world, but not everything needs a description.

* Attempt to use correct spelling and grammar. We're not all professional writers, and we didn't go to school to write, but we need to understand what exactly is going on in your posts and dialogues/monologues.

* Don't control other characters without their owners' permission. PM or Email them if you plan on doing something that involves them. (Small conversations or including them as a background character in a setting are fine, though)

*You can have multiple characters, IF you can keep up with all of them.

* OOC Posts: Sometimes you need to say something that isn't related to the roleplay. Go ahead and do so, but mark it as such.

* If for any reason you will not be able to play for an extended period of time, post an OOC letting us know

* Write in third person. While some people may be more comfortable with writing in first person POV, it gets difficult to track down which character is which. It would be even more confusing when multiple characters are involved.

* All forum rules apply.

Character profile:

Mental Patient

Name:

Race:

Height:

Weight:

Picture:

Condition:

Reason For Being Here (Why you were accused of being insane, what did you do):

Personality:

Biography (Why you did what you did):

Other Information:

Doctors/Nurses (Caretakers)

Name:

Race:

Height:

Weight:

Picture:

Condition (If Any; Violent, Spacy etc):

Personality:

Biography (History in the institution, certain patients etc):

Other Information:

Frst of all, THANK YOU. This has great potential, I'm definitely going to join, but I'd rather wait until someone else posts. ^_^ If that's okay.

mental patient.

Name: Sam the ripper....

Race:European.

Height:6'4"

Weight:76 Kg

Picture: (i'll post it later)

Condition:not very talkative,introvert.(sometimes violent)

Reason for being here:ex-doctor,master surgeon,took out internal organs of patients (and all his family) and tried to perform some magic rituals(opening a portal to a different dimension )using blood,bone-ashes and the organs....

Personality:tall, not heavily-built,but kinda skinny.

Biography:the doctor(Sam)was really addicted to supernatural themed articles,games and literature.Due to intense amount of involvement in this stuff, a part of Sam's brain thought it to be real.this led to events,which made him Sam the ripper.

Other info: Sam was very skilled in his work(the PREVIOUS work,surgery, that is...) he loved his job too.he had a stable income,nice job and house---but his involvement in the "stuff" and craziness destroyed everything he had.....so sad:(

Yay~ A sign-up ^0^ My turn to post my characters then

Mental Patient

Name: Kai-En (Cain) Alzheimer

Race: Asian-Caucasian

Height: 178 cm

Weight: 57 kg

Picture:

width=150http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/theAdept_Rogue/WIP_Ken__ichi_Matsuyama.jpg[/img]

Condition: Avoidant personality disorder, Oneirophrenia (derealization), violent hysteria and suicidal tendencies

Reason For Being Here: Was heard thrashing about in his apartment unit at midnight; when his neighbors approached to complain, they found him in the midst of destroyed furniture, bloody, and trying to cut himself with its debris. Five of his neighbors were injured trying to stop him, before the emergency service finally came and sent him to the institute

Personality: Quiet, perfectionist, shy, self-conscious. Worries and agitates easily.

Biography: A self-employed architect whose works/portfolio is filled with bizarre architectural concepts and alien geometries. He is very talented in his field, and could be considered genius, but his notorious designs, coupled with his naturally introverted personality, drive away many of his potential clients. His background (family, education, etc) is unknown.

Other Information: Despite his relatively small build and profession, Cain is quite strong, making him dangerous to both himself and others.

Doctors/Nurses

Name: Eustacia Montague

Race: Caucasian

Height: 167 cm

Weight: 54.5 kg

Picture:

width=150http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3y0ll8kes1r8zwxlo1_500.jpg[/img]

Condition: Mild sociopathy and psychopathy

Personality: Selfish, spoiled, insensitive to other people's feelings, have little to no empathy. She's used to have things done her way, and will do anything to have it.

Biography: A Psychology student interning in the Institution, and the sole heiress to a large corporation dealing with Pharmacies. Her parents had always been too busy to properly watch over her, and Eustacia was raised by a weak-willed caretaker and who pampers her and gives her everything she wanted. Eustacia grows as a very intelligent young woman, but her poor upbringing resulted to poor social skills. Her wealth and power had always allowed her to walk away from the troubles she cause with no consequence, and this supports her psychopathic tendencies.

Other Information: The Blackmore Pharmaceutical company owned by the Montagues is one of the Institute's main benefactors- and this gives Eustacia more freedom/authority to perform unauthorized stuffs during her internship.

--------------------------------------------------

@Soumya: er, just wondering, but how can your character be described as "kinda skinny" and "not heavily built" if he weighs 115kg? You sure you don't mean 115 lbs? Because that'd make much more sense.

Mental Patient

Name: Zari White

Race: British-Pakistani

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 51 kilograms

Picture: width=300http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/211439_100002440727120_8124412_n.jpg[/img]

Condition: Schizophrenic, violent, paranoid.

Reason For Being Here: Had lashed out at her sister was angry; in a fit of rage, cut her throat and then stabbed her eyes. Was found an hour later speaking to her sister as if she was alive and drinking a liquid which was later identified to be her sister's blood.

Personality: She can be sweet and obedient most of the time, but her schizophrenia kicked in when she was twelve - when she 'changes personality' she is violent, paranoid, and disturbing. Also, when she is in that condition, she usually ponders aloud how to kill people and usually dives for anything she can find to hurt people around her.

Biography: She was just an ordinary student until she was 12 years old. She didn't have any friends, however, and was treated like an outcast, which is probably the reason of her insane tendencies.

Other Information: She has olive skin, black hair and brown eyes, and spectacles. She usually goes very quiet when she changes personality.

(ooc)

@theAdept_Rogue:kays, i edited the weight .....

@misty: whoa! 15 years old and 5'9"!!! thats a tall lad!

one more thing:to post a pic of the character, can i google it or i HAVE to draw it?

As long as it gives an idea of the character's appearance, anything is fine. You can draw it, build a character using a game engine, create a 3d model, google it, whatever. You can even just describe your character's appearance with words, if you can't find a suitable picture

Um, sorry to butt in even though I have no desire to participate (I'm bad at RPs), but I saw the post in the new posts section and I have to say this:

@Diamondmist: Your character is either Zarich in disguise or has a medical condition because the stats you listed is nigh impossible on a normal human being. A bi-racial 15-year-old girl should not be 5'9" (173 cm) tall unless she has giantism or something. 173 cm is the average height of a Caucasian man and that is FREAKING TALL. Even if she was that tall for some reason, she could not possibly weigh 51 kg unless she is crazy-skinny. 51 kg is about my weight and I'm about 20 cm shorter than your character. And I'm 3 kg underweight.

Pointless rant over.

ETA: Okay, I'm aware that there are exceptions and stuff, so this is possible, but players probably might want to keep in mind that this is uncommon :S at least, not that I know of.

@daeva: Zarich in disguise? Whatever gave you that idea? Anyway, I'm 5'8 and I'm 12. Basically, I modelled my character after my physical appearance, and my weight as well (47 kg). If you really find it that abnormal, I'll change it.

@soumya: As stated above, she's modelled after me. :D But don't you mean lass? Lad is used for males.

That was just a joke because my Zarich is super-tall and thin. Anyways. I guess it's one of the rare cases then. It happens, just rare. Though what's up with the wonky units of measurement? You have inches as height, but kg as weight. Normally if weight is in Kg, then height will be in cm.

Just to be sure: Are you certain you got your own measurements correct and did not made a mistake? Height is very easy to misjudge.

((Alright, I guess 4 people is enough for now. I'll start the roleplay first- but if anyone wants to join and/or add characters later on, you are free to do so))

Nightway Mental Institute- Internship report

This document comprises observation records and analysis based on the 1-year internship program in Nightway Mental Institution. The objectives of this internship are to learn the various conditions of mental instabilities, analyze the causes of the illness, understand how they affect the patients' behaviours and relate them to the effectiveness of their treatments.

Monday, 3rd July 2000

Day 1

Today is the first day of the internship program, and the introductory phase to the Institution. The activities consist of briefing, touring, and observing. Task(s) to be completed is as follows:

* To be familiar with all the patients in the Institution, and recognize their mental conditions.

* Select at least 1 patient as subject for detailed observation and later analysis.

Eustacia Montague strode into Nightway's reception hall; the periodical clacking of her stiletto heels against the marble tiles announcing her arrival- causing several of the Institute's staffs to pause their activity and stare at her.

The young intern, dressed in a dark low-cut mini dress with a bright red binder clutched in her arm, stood out among the pale-clothed workers milling around her.

"Good morning, you must be Miss Montague?" a stern voice spoke, and Eustacia found a middle-aged nurse had suddenly materialized behind her. The old woman cast a disapproving glance at the former's attire and continued, "My name is Edith, and I will be your supervisor. First of all, remember that you should not be permitted in the wards in such attire, but I will let it slide for today. Now follow me"

Nurse Edith walked along a narrow passageway, and Eustacia chased after her- trying to remember the twisting routes that led toward the Psychiatric Ward.

They arrived to the quarters after 5 minutes worth of walking, where Nurse Edith immediately set off to ramble about the rules and history of the Institution. But Eustacia barely listened to her chatters, and was instead focusing on the noises that echoed from the cells.

She listened to each sound, recognizing the tortured screams, wails and sobbing. And a faint smile graced her lips, growing wider the more she heard.

((OOC: Alright, since we have only 1 nurse/intern here, feel free to create NPCs as your characters' caretakers. For mental patients, try to describe how your characters are dealing with the situation and stuffs. Refer to Eustacia's journal/intern records to keep track of the timeline and events. That's the main purpose of her character, actually))

DOCTOR

name : Gracen Reid

race : British

height : 5'9"

weight :67 kg

condition : normal among normal people,very violent when "treating" his patients.

personality : muscular body,a pale face...(can't think of anything else right now, i'll edit it later.)

Sam was standing in his cell,facing towards the wall.He was thinking about his family.Suddenly,he heard the clattering of heels on the marble floor along with the sound of an old woman mumbling.The sounds grew louder as they came closer.Then he saw nurse Edith appear from the corner,along with a woman,who Sam thought to be beautiful.

After a few moments,torture began in the nearby cells......sounds of screaming and crying shook Sam inside.But he was shocked to see the reaction of the woman to these screams.....she began smiling.

Sam knew at that moment, the girl was here to become a doctor-another demon in this hell.He went back to the wall where he was initially standing,and began thinking of his family again.

((diamondmist haven't posted yet? Oh well...))

Cain laid immobile on his bed, the dark pools of his eyes stared unblinkingly at the ceiling of his prison cell. The sight of the grey planes and the straight, rigid walls felt surreal -dreamlike- to him. It was bland, lack of coloring and emotional depth. He longed for his own vibrant world, with its twisting structures and abstract geometries.

"I've been staying in this dream long enough..." the young man murmured softly, speaking to nobody in particular, "I need to wake up"

He struggled to sit up, but only felt pain biting at his wrists. Unsuccessful in his attempt to search for an exit, a flare of anger burst from within him. Those interfering demons from this nightmare, undoubtedly, had taken measures to keep him here.

Cain swore loudly as he thrashed violently. They will not trap him in his own dream. He will wake up- and to do that, he will have to die.

((@soumya: since your second character is the only "official" doctor so far, do you mind if I ask him to take care of my suicidal character before Eustacia arrives? You may do anything to him, as long as it's still within the forum/RP rules))

Dr. Gracen heard someone swear and noises of metal clanking and thrashing.He turned around from his desk and followed the noise."Not again...." he murmured to himself.When he reached Cain's cell, ,he saw him flailing,trying desperately to get out."Stop flailing you moron or i will taze you!"

Sam heard a man swear in a cell behind him.His attention got distracted and he began to laugh.He had a laugh after many, many days.....

then he heard someone coming.he looked out of his cell and saw Dr.Gracen coming.he went to a wall in his cell and lurked in a corner in terror....

I'm sorry! Internet problems, I'm really sorry.

-------

White. That was all that could be seen in the hospital - white. And screams, howls, and the like were all that could be heard. All that Zari heard, anyway. No matter how she tried to block those sounds out, those...those demons, those incarnates of devils always cut and sliced and killed and made people scream -

No. No. It was happening again. Her ears detected laughter from a cell somewhere to her left, and strangely enough it wasn't a doctor's voice. Her eyes swivelled to the source, and, finding one of the inmates cornered and a

(demondemondemon)

doctor approaching

(slowlyohsoslowly)

to the man -

(itwasstartingagain)

Scream. A scream tore itself out of her throat, and she felt fury welling up inside her. Animalistic hunger, bloodlust, coursed in her veins, her mind projecting images of a woman, cruel in her stance, approaching with a scalpel -

(whispered comforts were nothing)

Thrashing against her restraints, she reached for any sharp object to throw at the doctor which reminded her so much of hell.

"Die!" her fingers curled into claws as her vision distorted the image of the demon into a woman, a she-devil.

As soon as Dr.Gracen uttered the warning from his mouth,he heard a scream in the ward besides the one in which Cain was."Oh......not the Pakistani again!"he thought.Then he shouted,"Edith?...Edith,can you that new intern to handle this Schizophrenic here? I've got other business to do." and a devilish smile ran down his face.

There were echoes of sounds approaching. Tapping of footsteps; metallic clicks of turning key and unlocking doors; creaking of steel scraping against tiles.

Then a shout. A voice speaking to him- ringing in his ears, buzzing through his mind. Harsh. Threatening. Distant.

Cain staggered as he rose from his bed, newly freed from his restraints. Pieces of the worn leather fluttering to the floor.

Dark irises darted round the walls of the cell; then finally focused on a pale figure standing by the doorway, his colours complementing with the whitewashed walls and floor of his cell.

It was doctor, but in his mind's eye, a monster. A demon.

A new voice rose. Screaming, shouting, thrashing.

"This isn't reality". Three simple words. A constant self-reminder. Trying to believe that the pain stinging against his skin, and the gruesome memories clawing at his thoughts are all just a dream. Did he just say it out loud?

It doesn't matter. The monster's attention was somewhere else now- irritation at the neighboring scream. A chance to escape.

He remained quiet, not wanting the monster to turn back to him. Hands raised, wrists trickling with blood; sharp fingernails tearing at his own throat. He would leave. He would leave from this nightmare and return to his own world. A fantasy.

Eustacia was still half-listening to the old nurse's detailed explanations regarding each of the patients they passed, when they were suddenly interrupted by a call.

"Edith?...Edith,can you that new intern to handle this Schizophrenic here? I've got other business to do."

Nurse Edith, her words paused in mid-sentence, hurried towards the voice. Bemused at the sudden turn of events, Eustacia quickly followed suit- her stiletto heels making loud, echoing clacks throughout the corridor as she ran.

Nurse Edith stopped in front of a cell near the end of the corridor- from which a girl's voice was screaming.

"Die!" was the first word that was heard when the door opened.

Eustacia chuckled, pointedly ignoring the patient's obvious urge for violence. Her gaze leveled towards the younger girl's eye.

"Zari White, I presume?" The young intern's voice resonated as she stepped into the cell. A calm facade masking intent for malice.

-------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Added Cain's entry.

"Zari White, I presume?" a cold voice

(don'ttrustthemnevertrustthem)

rang out in the room, echoing, and a seemingly calm

(cruelcruelcruelKILL)

gaze locked on to hers -

"You -" she rasped, her eyes zeroed on the new person

(demonkillthedemon)

"- demon -" Zari screeched, flailing as if on fire to hurt the woman, to kill the woman, to feel the blood running in her hands staining them a pretty pretty red -

(Zari listen to yourself)

Oh, a petty voice in her head, was she going mad? OF course she was mad, after all she was in a mental hospital -

(don't listen to it)

two voices, what fun, are they warring against each other or something oh well it doesn't matter what matters is the demon no the doctor

Quiet. Her mouth closed. She stopped screaming, took a deep breath, and the fire left her. It simmered down, to a small spark, an ember, still there but not a full fire. Her eyes stopped their rapid darting, and then, slowly

(good girl, slowly does it)

matched the intern's. Then, she opened her mouth Closed it again. Open.

"Could you hand me my glasses, please?" her voice, scratchy and husky, echoed a bit too loudly at the resounding silence, though she was still stiff. Her spectacles had fallen off in her violent thrashing

(don'tyouwanttofeelbloodmydarling)

(stopitkeepcalmdeepbreath)

white.

-------

((I'm sorry if it seems rather confusing, but for a schizophrenic I imagined Zari to have mood swings, and obviously two 'sides' of her mind fighting for control. If anyone thinks it's bothersome I won't do it and change my posts.))

((Nah, it's okay. Your writing is still good and understandable. As long as you don't start posting entries with NO spacing, punctuation, grammar, or spelling, I'm fine with it.

Additional note to all: Edith is an NPC by the way, so you are free to control her as you like. As long as you don't make her appear all over the place at once))