Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
theAdept_Rogue

Nightway Mental Institution - a psychological RP

what the........WHAT are you DOING!

Gracen leaped towards the suicidal patient, in an attempt to stop him from killing himself.He was fiercely rupturing the skin of his throat,the nails were filled with blood and his own skin now.Gracen tried to get his hands away from his neck,pulling them desperately,but Cain's strength was too much for him.In a last attempt,he pulled the tazer out of his pocket,aimed,and pulled the trigger.

----------------------

Sam saw what just happened.The demon jumped in his neighboring cell and will definitely feast on what is inside.He MUST do something.He must do SOMETHING.Then he had an idea.He smiled a bit and started scratching the floor in a peculiar pattern.He knew what he was doing.he was going to summon an angel to stop that demon.

Silence.

Then, slowly

(they'rescaredofyougoodgirlbadgirl)

the older nurse, the demon stepped forward. Right. Left. Right. Left. Stooped down. Her hand

(claw

touched the floor, her fingertips brushing against it, before they crept forward, whisperwhisper to where her red-rimmed spectacles lay, before they closed over the arm of the glasses.

be on guard, darling.

Zari watched, distrust in her eyes, as the nurse approached

don't you want to kill her

and slid the glasses in her place.

Her eyes focused on the other woman

nothing matters they're all devils

and slowly, as if in a trance, her mouth curled in a smile. "Hello, miss." The words 'demon in training' hung in the air, unspoken but heard by every person in the room.

A shout. A movement. The white monster trying to stop his attempt for escape.

No.No.No.No.No.No

Hands enclosed round his wrists, prying them away from his neck. Cain's eyes widened, filled with sudden panic.

StopIt.Don'tTouch.StayAway.LetMeGo.ItHurts

He struggled. Kick. Punch. Scratch. Shove. Fight Back. Fight Back

The doctor moved back, and fired a TASER at him. A yelp. A shudder. Then his body stumbled on the floor faceless. Silence. Then nothing.

Eustacia stood still, observing the emotional shifts of the restrained girl. She was still smiling serenely, as though she was enjoying a scenery of a vista, rather than the internal battle in the mind of a Schizophrenic patient.

"Hello, miss."

The patient spoke- a response to her earlier greeting. But the voice was hard, distrusting, the negative implications behind those two words very obvious.

Eustacia's lips parted slightly, about to deliver her own thinly veiled insult, when a noise broke from the adjacent room.

She broke her eye contact from Zari and turned to Edit. "What's next door?"

The responding answer was, as expected from the nurse, a long one, "Kai-En Alzheimer, also known as Cain. 24 years old; half Asian, half Caucasian. Diagnosed with Avoidant Personality disorder and Oneirophrenia. Also known to be violent with suicidal tendency..."

Eustacia nodded absently, no longer listening to nurse Edith's ramblings of further details. Silently, she stepped out of Zari's cell and entered Kai-En's.

------------------------------------------

((Gah. Writing Cain's entry is difficult as heck. His conditions are somewhat conflicting and I'm still trying to decide whether to combine all of these conditions in one go, or have them be triggered at different situations. I suppose the latter would be better, but then his character would seem inconsistent.

About Eustacia... notice that she refer to Cain as a 'what' rather than a 'who' when asking about him? She doesn't consider the patients as human beings. A pointless trivia for now, but I just want to emphasize how evil she is, so you know what to expect from her entries :evil: ))

A shout. A movement. The white monster trying to stop his attempt for escape.

No.No.No.No.No.No

Hands enclosed round his wrists, prying them away from his neck. Cain's eyes widened, filled with sudden panic.

StopIt.Don'tTouch.StayAway.LetMeGo.ItHurts

He struggled. Kick. Punch. Scratch. Shove. Fight Back. Fight Back

The doctor moved back, and fired a TASER at him. A yelp. Silence. A shudder. Then nothing.

Eustacia stood still, observing the emotional shifts of the restrained girl. She was still smiling serenely, as though she was enjoying a scenery of a vista, rather than the internal battle in the mind of a Schizophrenic patient.

"Hello, miss."

The patient spoke- a response to her earlier greeting. But the voice was hard, distrusting, the negative implications behind those two words very obvious.

Eustacia's lips parted slightly, about to deliver her own thinly veiled insult, when a noise broke from the adjacent room.

She broke her eye contact from Zari and turned to Edith. "What's next door?"

The responding answer was, as expected from the nurse, a long one, "Kai-En Alzheimer, also known as Cain. 24 years old; half Asian, half Caucasian. Diagnosed with Avoidant Personality disorder and derealization. Also known to be violent and have suicidal tendencies."

Eustacia nodded absently, no longer listening to nurse Edith's ramblings of further details. Instead, her mind was already formulating devious plans as she stepped out from Zari White's cell to peer into Kai-En's.

((Gah. Writing Cain's entry is difficult as heck. His conditions are somewhat conflicting with each other and I'm still trying to decide whether to combine all of these conditions in one go, or have his insane sides be 'triggered' at certain situations. I suppose the latter would be better, but then his character would seem inconsistent. Realize how the writing style I use for his first entry greatly differs from his following ones?

About Eustacia... notice that she refer to Cain as a 'what' rather than a 'who' when asking about him? She doesn't consider the patients as human beings. A pointless trivia for now, but I just want to emphasize how evil she is, so you know what to expect from her entries :evil: ))

From her position

(bound in shackles you poor girl let me break them)

she could see everything. Every single thing. But she could also hear very, very well...

"Kai-En Alzheimer, also known as Cain. 24 years old; half Asian, half Caucasian. Diagnosed with Avoidant Personality disorder and derealization. Also known to be violent and have suicidal tendencies."

Wasn't that interesting? Suicidal, even, what fun. Plus violent, yes, this was a man she could relate to very much

you're both blessed

cursed

and look, the younger one was leaving, thank god, but was the older one still here -

wont you let me take over

She did. The tiny little voice in the back of her mind laughed, and the sound was like nails scraping against a board. Another voice, eerily alike screamed, and screamed and screamed and screamed - her voice - screaming - AAHHH

NO

YES

Silence. SilentSilentSilent.

letmeout.killme.letmekillyou.

"You -"

Nurse Edith stopped. Eyes widen. Deep breath. Slowly stepped back.

"You will die."

Nurse Edith frowned, her hands like claws in front of her.

"What shall I kill you with, Nurse? Perhaps break every single bone in your body and scratch your eyeballs out? I'll make you eat them, Nurse. I'll make you eat your eyeballs..."

The chains holding her in place strained as, somehow, she managed to grab a scalpel. "Remember this scalpel, Nurse?"

The woman gritted her teeth, before turning right around and stomping out, calling someone. "Doctor Gracen, would you handle the schizophrenic? I'll take care of the suicidal one."

"Doctor Gracen, would you handle the schizophrenic? I'll take care of the suicidal one."

Dr.Gracen heard someone calling out.I already handled the Suicidal.I'll just tie him up in a moment and come.Gracen shackled him and went outside.Edith,why don't you go in and bandage his neck.Edith went in and did what she was told.

Gracen entered Zari's cell."Hello there!"

If possible at all, Zari smirk widened until she looked positively maniacal. "Hello, demon," she sang happily, laughing. "How would you like to die, then? I've got a pretty little scalpel, Doctor. Let's play..."

she muttered, blinking once, twice, three times, before launching the scalpel at Gracen's face with a deranged scream.

((Alright, I'm here now; I was going to post earlier, but the internet wasn't working properly because I haven't paid the bills yet :| ))

Pain.

It was the only thing that occupies his thoughts. Cruel, biting pain; suffocating and tightening. Uncontrolled quivering of his muscles causing pain and discomfort.

He couldn't move, couldn't struggle, as the doctor confined him into new restraints of nylon-reinforced plastic mesh (right over the injury where he had broken out of his old ones), and an old nurse came to bandage his ruptured throat.

No. Don't touch, don't come near. Go away, go away, go away.

Eustacia raised an eyebrow as nurse Edith clumsily bound the young man's bleeding throat with Tulle gras, marking her unprofessional as a medic. But the intern made no remarks- this is a mental institution after all, not a hospital.

Her eyes then wandered away from the old nurse and fell onto the worn strips of leather lying underneath the patient's bed. He broke out of those?

Looking back at the patient, he doesn't seem to be strong enough to break leather; but the fact remains that he had; and this, supported by the fact that Dr. Gracen had to resort to use a taser gun to subdue him proves that this patient is a major trouble.

Her musings were interrupted by Edith, who said, "I suppose that will be all for your task today. You are free to observe the patients a while longer, but you may leave if you wish to. I have other business to attend to,"

The old nurse left, leaving Eustacia alone with the paralyzed patient. She walked towards him, relishing in the glimpses of fear and torment in his dark eyes. Eustacia opened the red binder she'd been clinging to for so long, and revealed a glass bottle and syringe trapped in the rings.

She snapped the bottle open, and withdrew some of its fluid content with a syringe. Grinning widely, she stabbed the needle into Cain's arm. The man's eyes twitching violently in its sockets, as the chemical entered his blood stream.

Done with her deed, Eustacia sealed back her bottle back into the binder and walked out, returning to Zari White's cell to observe how Dr. Gracen was dealing with her.

----------------------------------------------

((@diamondmist: by the way, using metal restraints like handcuffs on patients are usually illegal, unless heavily supervised. But whatever, the Institution is a shady one after all. Using chemical restraints/sedatives like what Eustacia did is not exactly legal either))

What the freaking hell

he slapped you KILL HIM

calm zari calm

did he just

yes he did

how dare he

fight back you fool

Scream, scream, like music to her ears. She wanted blood, she wanted to kill, she wanted to maim -

Struggling anew, her furious yells were the only thing masking the distinct sound -

krchhhh.

Oh, what fools. Leather on her legs and chains on her hands, the obviously thought she was more inclined to fight street-wise - what fools, the world is better without them.

In her adrenaline, she had grown stronger - was her body really fighting all those chemicals they put in her? How fun - and the leather straps binding her legs strained some more, come on Zari just one more kick -

Krchhh.

They loosened enough for her to aim a kick, a proper kick, at the demon - Gracen. She didn't see, she didn't care -

StopStopStop

"No -" from her mouth, curses and condemnations spewed, directed at Gracen.

"How dare you!" A final screech, before she went completely wild.

Doctors/Nurses (Caretakers)

Name: Dr. Destan Méillès, head doctor

Race: Caucasian (French)

Height: 181 cm

Weight: 77 kg

Picture:

width=100http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs39/f/2008/324/2/4/Arsonist_by_Larbesta.jpg[/img]

Condition: Ganser's Syndrome, pyromania

Personality: Pleasant, talkative, but easily bored. Arrogant, stubborn.

Biography: The head doctor of Nightway Mental Institute, though he's not around much. Received his promotion after his predecessor, Dr. Carl Tanner, retired a year ago.

Other Information: A close friend to Eustacia's parents.

here i am!thanks fr waiting.:)

"Zaaari!stay calm zari!"

krchhhh.....her restraints were no longer able to hold her.she was about to be free.

"how dare you!"

Gracen held her by the shoulders,trying to calm her down,but in vain.She was flailing wildly,so Gracen HAD to back off.Suddenly he noticed the Scalpel on the floor.He picked it up,pointed it towards Zari,and"Sit DOWN!"

Sam noticed the noises stopped in his neighboring cell.It was no use now.what could he do?

he gazed upon his shackles.He got up,roamed in the cell for a while,then lied down,trying to go to sleep.

((me thinks we need more people,don't we?))

The condescending tone of the demon's voice only served to infuriate her further. Snarling, she threw her head back and let out a loud roar, not seeing anything, not hearing anything but her own screams inside of her head

stopitletmeoutSTOP

Screeching she faintly heard a more stern voice -

"Sit DOWN!"

no i will not sit down get away from me

scalpel

The second voice, broken and warning, resounded throughout her head. Scalpel, scalpel, where the hell was the scalpel

sit down or they'll hurt us

no no no don't come out i want freedom DON'T

Quiet. Silence. Hush.

Zari didn't dare move. If she moved, the scalpel - oh, the scalpel --

A tear ran down her face and she slumped back against her bed in a stupor of sorts, stiff and unrelenting, and allowed herself to succumb to the seductive abstract patterns in her sleeping Wonderland.

----

((Yes, I think we need more players, or at the very least, characters which interact more freely. BTW, now that most of us are in control, what's next?))

((Well, shadowshed is planning to join, but never specified when. Anyway, I guess I'd better open a new "class" for more interactions))

Visitors

Name:

Race:

Height:

Weight:

Picture:

Condition (If Any):

Personality:

Person visited:

Relationship with the visited:

Reason for visiting:

Other Information:

Watching the Schizophrenic finally calm down, Eustacia made an approving nod as she scribbled several notes on the writing pad clipped inside her binder.

She then turn to Dr. Gracen, and spoke to him in a formal manner. "Well, Dr. Reid, I suppose this will be all for me today. I shall take my leave now, thank you for everything- and I hope to see you again soon."

Without waiting for a response, Eustacia stepped out of the cell and walked out, rhythmical clacks of her stiletto heels accompanied each steps.

"31 patients in the psychiatric ward was accounted for, all of them with varying ages, background, races and degrees of insanity. Most of the patients are Caucasian, within the age range of 20-35. Of the thirty one, 9 people (approximately 29%) were were in violent condition, being harmful to either self or others, and must be kept in restraints. Valerian sedatives are used to treat the more unstable patients.

---------------------------------------------

((Alright. Day one is over. Next post will begin with a new day, so no need to reply my post. Never mind Eustacia's note, by the way, they're just an indicator the start/end of days, and some of the notes she wrote aren't very truthful))

I'm here at last!

Mental Patient

Name: Fii Natalie

Race: Asian

Height: 152 cm

Weight: 40 kg

Picture: [] Fii has small frame, black-colored shoulder-length hair, and is skinny.

Condition: post traumatic stress, avoidant personality disorder.

Reason For Being Here (Why you were accused of being insane, what did you do):

Fii was feeling suppressed and down, thus went wild. She trashed her room and refused to meet anyone, including her parents. She had hurt herself quite badly in frustration.

Personality: a bit introverted, negative thinking, never trust people.

Biography (Why you did what you did):

Fii's family has never been in good relationship. Her parents once had a big fight that changed her life forever. She hates human and can only see this world full with insensitive people.

Other Information:

She eventually used to be a cheerful girl when she was small.

((what? Now? Well, let's start then))

Huh, where am I?

Fii blinked to the ceiling and rubbed her eyes. But she couldn't lift her arms. They were held onto the bed strongly.

Fii started to remember what happened before, and cursed quietly. Well, she admitted it never crossed in her mind that she'd placed in such place.

"If you care to send me here, why don't you just mend things over there!" she growled.

I'm tired of this...!

Let me go... Just leave me alone...!

She gritted her teeth and closed her eyes. And then she tried to scan her surroundings and stared at the dark walls. It.. it almost felt that she only existed alone there.

Granted such of thoughts, a faint smile formed by her mouth. She could at least felt peace, stay far away away from lives

Tuesday, 4th July 2000

Day 2

The second day of internship is when the real work and training begins. My work task involves assisting the Institutions' staff. Today's instructions are to...

"Hey, Montague,"

Eustacia paused in her writing as a voice, which certainly isn't Edith's, called upon her. Raising her head, she came face-to-face with a cheery male nurse not much older than she was. Probably an undergraduate who had just recently earned a position in the institution.

"Who might you be?" She asked with feigned curiosity, as she didn't care who the man was. She did wonder about his motive for calling, though, and thought savagely that it had better be important.

"Ah, yes, I'm Charles. Edith has gone to attend other matters somewhere else, so I will replace her for today. Anyway, the head doctor wants to see you, so you better go to his office before he leaves"

Eustacia entered the head doctor's office and immediately recognized him as Destan Méillès, a very close friend of her father's. She had never spoken to him, personally, except for a brief introduction almost five years ago. However, she would often see him with her parents whenever they were home.

"Ah, Eustacia, Comment vas-tu?? Gilbert and Eda are doing well, I presume?"

The head doctor was referring to her parents, of course.

"I'm certain you are more familiar with their well-being, Dr. Méillès. You went out with them yesterday, didn't you, while I haven't seen them since last week? Such good friends..."

"Now, now, mon cher, call me Destan. Flattery means nothing here, though. Gilbert is a good man, however; he provided most of the medical equipments for the institution, after all, and even gave commission for testing the medications his company produces. Still, you have to complete your work, which is to sort through the medical reports of the patients and make a report on them. I'm the only one with the key to the files, so please return it to the office once you're done. I might not be around at that time, though, and depending on the situation, you may take it with you. And please inform Dr. Gracen Reid to check on the patient in cell 23. Fii Natalie was just delivered here last night, after most had gone home..."

Eustacia frowned, trying to grasp the instructions given to her amidst the other nonsense Dr. Destan Méillès had spoken. Finally, she gave a nod and left to finish her tasks, taking with her a small silver key that the head Doctor had given.

--------------------------------------

((Sorry for the long post. I did have to post introductions for the new character, which isn't easy. BTW, if Dr. Destan's ramblings doesn't seem to make much sense, then don't worry too much because it's supposed to be that way)).