Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sargon

What to do with a heart ache?

Move on. Keep busy, convince yourself that it's going to pass. Love is transcient, after all.

I'd advise for staying in contact with your ex, unless they did something really horrible, but it's because I tend to have friends before lovers ;)

Unless she's your best friend and betrays you big time, of course. Then best is just to try and forget, and move on.

tl;dr life is too short to waste it on regrets.

I don't have an ex. I don't have a girlfriend, or relationship with girls, humans or even dogs.

It's just this girl on the internet that talked with me, and then dissappeared and didn't understand why I take it so hard that she couldn't tell me she is not interested a month ago.

Anyway, I told her that she needs to learn how to be a human being. >:D

Well, if you really want to move foreward then try going to community events or groups where people share the same interests as you. Bowling? Arcade games? Karaoke? Card battles and tournaments? The list is literally endless if you're creative enough and you might make some friends along the way. Friends will last you a lifetime and do wonders for your mental health.

Guest βeta

Sargon's problem is just a tiny problem. Just relax and never take it as "serious". 8)

Honestly, I thought first of "heart attack" for a "heart ache", until I realized this was on the matter of love.

What I can say is this: move on. Unless you say otherwise, I think there isn't much a meaningful relationship that has existed yet. You should try to get along with people you really know. Play, enjoy, and be happy. In the long run, you will be able to move on.

Ditto stardale. When I saw "heart ache" in the thread, I thought it was talking about heart problems in a physical sense - especially since I just finished this module which deals with cardiovascular diseases.

Anyway, from what Sargon posted, it doesn't seem that there were any much romance or relationship built-up, so why the heart ache?

Just like the two above my post I initially thought that that "ache" was a physical sort of ache. In which case you should be talking about it with your physician. x.x

If there is nothing to it... I don't see why should one holds on to it. Life goes on. And I hope you are feeling better now?

Play violent bloody gory videogames.

*nods in agreement*

In a sense "heartaches" aren't necessarily a "bad thing", at least (for a lousy point or two) it proves that you are a human with actual feelings and that you had actually took that feeling towards that someone/something seriously.

As the saying goes, we always hurt the ones we love. If you didn't love or at least care for that particular person, you wouldn't have given a darn about what will happen to him/her.

I don't have an ex. I don't have a girlfriend, or relationship with girls, humans or even dogs.

Personally, I think you might want to start with building up your people skills by building a connection with an actual person rather than over the net. Get to know the person first before deciding on the possibilities of whether to pursue a romantic relationship with the person. Don't rush as some relationships take time to cultivate before it can blossom (in a way, they're like plants *coughs*), otherwise people might see you as being "pushy" or "desperate" and you get pushed away rather than being drawn closer to the person.

As for getting over heartaches or broken hearts, there is no definite cure or less painful method to get around it. Such wounds take time to heal and it differs for each individual.

But just for the heck of it, playing violent bloody gory video games as KTC mentioned is something you can do to distract yourself for a bit so that the effects of the heart break wears off as time goes by.

Whatever it is, just take your time and doing in your own pace. At least for one thing I believe in the phrase that "True Love Waits" :)

Even minor profane words aren't allowed.

~Mopiece

(Edit): Oops, sorry. Thanks for headsup, Mopiece.

http://www.succeedsocially.com/

just gonna throw this out there, that site has loads of free information on getting over social difficulties if you're willing to step out of your comfort zone just a little bit.

I've heard it said that the best way to get over a woman is to go meet ten other women. =P

An introvert I'm guessing, by the way you've described yourself. I am one myself so I know that you can forge relationships with others, but it is a slower process. It is best not be so down on yourself--I am relatively positive that you are not completely lonely.

As for your lady friend, keep in mind you met her over the internet. While you can forge serious friendships over the net, romantic relationships are a different matter altogether. Love, as you may refer to it, is hardly ever simple.

Internet relationships are more trying on a person--after all, all you're getting from the person is mostly text with occasional pictures or webcamming. If you are in a relationship over the internet, then most likely it is because you are far away from one another--that is another reason. Long distance relationships are very challenging to commit to and not many will agree to one with you unless they already knew you in person before.

I'm not going to tell you to do anything as it is your life, but I suggest getting over it. Yes, take a moment to be sad and wallow in self-pity--it is only normal since you are human and have feelings, but do not make it last long or it will be detrimental to your health and in your performance in school/work/whatever endeavors you pursue.

I know it is cliche to say, but you will find the one when you least expect it. You need only be patient.

Besides--love is not about being rewarded. You will suffer heartbreaks until you find the one, and even then, you will have bumps along the road.