Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

Dragon Lord Academy Finals : An RP Quest

width=500http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh216/allybandy/rfswordcloth.gif[/img]

Dragon Quest : A Final Test

for Graduating from Dragon Lord Academy

Characters:

Veldron, a Mage from W & W --sphere staff(Male)

player=KTC

Jemar, a Warrior from the Brotherhood--sword (Male)

player=Oracle

Serene, a Healer from the Druids-- elemental magic (Female)

player=Cherrywine

Faelin, a Fairy from the Enchanters-- fairy dust wand (Male)

player=Chiisai

Duranna, an Elf from the Dragon Lords-- bow and arrows (Female)

player=Rena

Del'kra, Dragon to Duranna --fire bombs(Female)

player=Basset

The Quest: Retrieve the five parts of the Sword of Might, forge them

back together in the Flames of Fire Rock and return the Sword and

a Dragon to the King of Thais.

Diary 1 - 7:

Day 1: From Thais to Candar.

Day 2: From Candar to Shaenlir. By way of the White pass

Day 3: From Shaenlir to Underworld. By way of Wyvern Pass.

Day 4: From Underworld to The Crossing & into the Elf Realm

Day 5: From the Crossing to Ravenwood

Day 6: Boat From Ravenwood to Fire Rock

Day 7:Return to Thais.

These are just being prepared for the Renaissance fair at the end of the month. But is going to be played as a word style story. Each person advances the story by moving all of the characters forward in 200 words or less. It will hopefully be played out over the course of the 7 days of the fair. I've never tried something like this so I hope I have enough info for the story to play out okay. I thought it might be a bit more of a challenge than the 5 word story games.

(We will need to delete these posts before the fair starts) ;)

width=500http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh216/allybandy/awardrpquest.gif[/img]

The elf Duranna approached the head master with her dragon Del'kra. She was a bit trepidatious but full of determination about whatever was next to come.

"Duranna, Del'kra," the Master began,"You have done well in your four years here. Now it is time to test your worthiness to graduate. King Uthar III has requested that the 5 pieces of the legendary Sword of Might be found and reforged by the end of the upcoming Festival of Dragons. You have 7 days to travel the realm and locate the missing pieces. Joining you on your quest, is Veldron the young Mage from the Warlock guild, Jemar the handsome warrior from the Brotherhood. Serene a healer renown from the Druids and Faelin the Fairy from the Enchanters Guild. Serene is full of wisdom, heed her advice when given. The other three are also on their graduation quest.

See that you work well together and treat each other with respect.

Here are your packs, examine them before you leave. You should each have a days rations of food, 2 cassia leaves, 2 marsh tea, 1 aquafolium extora, and 2 blizzard spells. Use them wisely. You each have 50 pieces of gold to buy provisions and lodging (all purchases are 5 gold each). Spend it wisely as you may need to purchase specific items to complete the quest. You can take only the weapon of your guild with you. Although you can buy armour along the way. Your first stop is to go to the king upstairs and swear your fealty to the throne and his quest. He will then tell you what to do.

ooc: Hmm hope I get this right. If not oops <.< >.>

Veldron silently rolled his eyes as he listened to his master's speech. By the Gods, can you get any more long winded? Yeah yeah I got it. Go out, get five pieces, bring back a sword thingamabob and graduate.

"So, do you understand all that has been said to you?"

Veldron nodded and bowed. "I understand most esteemed master. I shall see the king right now."

Turning around, he left the room and walked down the halls to the king's throne room(?). Standing outside, the mage took a breath, Alright, Let's DO this! For Warlocks everywhere! For my graduation!....I think I'm going to be sick., and entered.[/color]

(nice new set ktc)

Tashiki notices a group of people inside the castle(?) starting their travel for the Legendary Sword of Might. He scowls and and dashes down the road in the quiet of the forest, hoping to find one of the pieces himself. If he could beat them to the first piece, then perhaps he could bargain with them for everything they have.

King Uthar III shifts on his throne as the graduates approach. Giving them a nod he beckons Duranna forward.

"So you are the hopeful this year? My beloved Ella has agreed to marry me at the end of the Dragon Lord Festival if I can present her with the Sword of Might and a dragon from Fire Rock."

He motions the steward forward and retrieves a sword hilt from the upraised jeweled container.

"This is the first of the five pieces of the sword, broken in the battle of Shaenlir by my grandfather. I have been told that only dragon fire is hot enough to forge it back together.

My wisest seer has told me that the second piece is hidden somewhere in Candar, where words of love can unlock the gates of loves heart. Good fortune, my future depends on your swift and sure completion of the quest."

Serene gazed quiely at the hopeful graduates from behind a pillar in the throne room. The Head Master had approached her only last night to ask her to watch out for the graudates.

She shook her head slightly. King Uthar III was placing a great deal of his personal pride in these untested recruits. This was not a good beginning. Impossible tasks were hard enough when merely the welfare of the world depended on them… throwing in the pride of a king… she sighed again. Well, she could not avoid it now.

She stepped from behind the pillar and addressed the nervous looking adventurers. “Legends speak of a heartstone – the last drop of blood from the heart of a mighty dragon killed in battle, solidified into a jewel of great beauty and even more powerful magic – hidden in a secret garden in the very heart of the City of Love. Surely this must be the pommel stone of the Sword of Might. Yet common sense tells us that the roads to Candar are likely to be ridden with brigands. We must not tarry…”

She held her breath, waiting for a response from these students. She hoped they had the mettle.

Del'kra watched the humans with interest. They had always been an amusing species. It seemed they were always searching for something... Money, gold, objects... There was no end.

She would only speak if she had to. Typically she didn't speak to non-dragon lords, but this looked like it was important enough she would have to. Aw well.

Veldron frowned. Candar. City of love. Garden. Probably belong to Nymph of love, what's her name. Fine. Words of love... probably poetry, or perhaps song...same thing. Stupid Valentine's Day. Gates of loves heart? Perhaps the entrance to this garden? Don't tell me we have to sing a love song or recite a poem. Ugh.

Snapping out of his thoughts. He mumbled, "Lovesick fools, who knew they were so useful."

Outloud, he said. "I think I got the 'words of love' part. It's probably a love poem or song."

((Because I don't have enough riddles in Treasure Hunt. o_O))

Duranna smiled. Finally, they would be on their way and she would soon graduate.

She nodded as she heard Veldron's words. "It's highly possible. Question is, which one? The key may be in the location of the "gates of love's heart." Where might that be... The heart of the city, maybe?"

((Is this still day one? And.. Um... Which direction is it to Candar? How I wish I knew what I was doing. -.-))

ooc: Feeling lonely here (where are you guys?), and feel like I'm hogging/being pushy since we're still at the castle.

Veldron shrugged. "I'd say we haul ourselves over to Candar first, and think on the way there. Sides..."

He gestured with his staff. "A magical spanking will take care of the brigands and snakes aye? Or whatever metal skills you have."

He gestured to the door. "So...Let's get going yes? Before the King blows a gasket watching us talk all day and his marriage fails before it even started."

Yeesh, all this for a woman. He is so whipped.

(finally-my grand surprise) tashiki sees what he thinks is the first piece. "doesn't look like a first piece, shouldn't it be a hilt?" He thinks, thinks, analyzes, then finally it comes to him. "oh man! i got the second piece! oh well, ill still be able to bargain." he removes the seal, then heads off toward the road.

Yays, They're leaving.

"Hey, if you get the chance say hello to my sister, Gertrude. She lives with the Old Spinster Beatrice. She used to write novels until the big scandal."

ooc: @s_t: i'm sorry but what? I know rogues are abound, but isn't that pushing it? You somehow entered the garden before us without a 'key' of sorts? Wait a sec, you're on the road when you found the first piece? I assumed the piece wasn't lying in the middle of nowhere. Now I'm confused.

meh.

@oracle: so we're moving along now? kk. I hope I'm not controlling here.....

Veldron followed from the rear, his staff in hand. At their current pace they could probably reach Candar in a few hours, find that blasted piece, and move on to the next blasted piece. Every now and then he eyed his teammates. A swordfighter, a bowswoman, and several magical people. What a chicken mix pot of a group. Shrugging, he scanned the road they were traveling on. Nothing so far yet....

Del'kra followed the humans with ease. Wings were an amazing tool... She could have been faster than them if she wanted to be. Yet, she had a feeling she shouldn't lose them.

She came back down the ground and continued to walk next to her human. Easy enough. Why did they even need the silly weapons though?

Right. Humans couldn't breath fire.

The day progressed and found our group still alive but slightly tuckered out. It took them a couple of hours to make their way through Green Wood Plains. There were three dead snakes to show for their efforts. Maybe they could sell the skins in Candar or maybe they could eat them for dinner. Either way they were dead.

They were now about halfway through Brightwood Forrest, and could see Candar in the distance.

Del'kra had managed to blast a gang of rogues a while back, but who knew what layed in wait between the city and here.

((Oops, sorry... We are on our way to the garden right?))

'It's my first time traveling with odd looking fairies... Or maybe they aren't fairies... either way they look odd...’ Faelin thought.

Everyone else, specially the green one, was big... If he continues to walk, he will be

Squished, eventually... This is probably why he is not so noticeable, because he is small.

He moves his wings, finally. He slowly took flight, it was not so hard... he's wings, which were coloured wisteria, was bigger than he's body. He's golden hair follows his movements, and so as his small blue fairy outfit.

'Love, something all fairies are good at... But I can't help but wonder if it's a song or a poem, because both are good...' He gets lost with he's thoughts.

Snapped out of he's own thoughts, he noticed that Veldron was eyeing them...

'Nothing's better than smiling at people!' He plays with he's wand while thinking...

Faelin's sapphire-like eyes, meets with Veldron's, He throws him a smile, trying to give him that I hope we can get a long look...

Veldron threw what he hoped was a 'happy smirk' at the midget fairy. Best attempt to be a good team member I guess. Can't be long now...Been walking a few hours...

Faelin flies higher towards the blue sky; he was as high as the dragon's head. He tries to keep watch if there is an enemy approaching, suspiciously there was not any...? He spies the beautifully carved gates of Candar...

"Wow! What a gate!" He shouts, still amazed.

He can see some people, but they look like ants. It's as if a scene was taking place too; There was a boy courting a girl... This made him wonder…

"Say, if we had to open a gate or something to retrieve that sword the king wants, do we have to be in love, read poetries, sing a song of love... or something like that? Or maybe it's just a key?" He asks no one in particular, he is just hoping someone would answer him…

Veldron cringed at the wording. "I'm guessing, based on what the King said about 'words of love', that it's maybe a love poem or song of sorts. But maybe we should see find this gate first, might give us some clues onto what type of key is appropriate."

He looked to his teammates. "Any idea where this mysterious gate could be?"

He thought back to the previous conversations. "Hey, does anyone know where the 'middle' of the city is? Maybe Duranna was onto something about it being the heart."