Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

Dragon Lord Academy Finals : An RP Quest

Serene smiled to herself. For awhile she had not believed they would ever make it out of Thais. But now, the gates of Candar were in sight. The band was far from proven, yet, but they had handled the forest snakes with relative ease.

"The druidic legends speak not of the center of the city, but of its heart. The heart could be the center, yes. But the heart is held to be the source of love. Since Candar is the city of love, the 'heart' of the city could do with the source of power in Candar -- that might place it somewhere in the royal palace."

She mused some more on the riddle… “Or it could do more with love than power. Perhaps the wedding chapel, which is believed to hold very powerful love charms. Or perhaps… hmmm… isn’t there a woman in Candar who sells love charms? She might know something of the heart of the city.”

The group entered the city, and were confronted with a cacophony of sounds after the quiet of the forest. Veldron who was taking in the sights was brought back to his surroundings as a young girl with lovely golden locks of hair, kicked his shin.

"LA LA LA Beatrice loves Ulric, LA LA LA."

Serene stifled a giggle, and took a step back from the little girl. "Excuse me," she said, with a quiet cough and a shy glance at Veldron, "I believe there is a woman who sells love charms in the city. Could you help us find her?"

Serene hoped the child would think that she wanted to cast a love charm on Veldron, which would probably not arouse much interest in this town, of all places. She certainly did not want any rumors about the true nature of their quest to get around.

The little girl looked at the woman and snickered.

"She hangs out behind the restaurant, but her charms are no good."

She skipped away down the lane toward the apothecary shop.

Veldron crouched rubbing his shin, hissing. If I ever get my hands on that kid... "Curses with nightmares." He muttered as he stood up again. City of Love my dark backside. Curse you woman who has the King in your long nailed hands.

"So where's this restaurant?"

note to self: Never come here again. Too 'joyful'.

The little girl starts skipping back toward Veldron... Just as the breeze picks up and a whiff of steak and lobster draws their attention to the restaurant.

Well, that works. And oh sh-eep, kids back. The mage mutters a quick invisible spell that makes the victim trip, fall down smack on their forehead and shot it at the girl.

Kudos Gavin, my hero!

Aiming to get out of the crowd and away from the demon child of shins, he nodded to the restaurant. "Over there aye?"

Tashiki hears a commotion near Candar. "So there, eh?" He sprints toward Candar, unaware that what he is about to live would be a true tale of terror.

"Love charms, get your love charms." She walked down the street and back up the other side. Ah a party of strangers, perhaps she could sell one of her charms.

"Love charms, get your love charms."

'What a cute kid...'

Faelin follows Veldron's lead; he was obviously pissed at the kid. He would not blame him though; if the kid kicked him too, he could have been pissed. He giggled at the thought.

He could hear someone selling love charms. He looks to the right,

'Bingo!' he said to himself...

"There's where we could buy love charms!" He said, pointing at the woman selling love charms.

"Ooh a secret!" he said with a slight jump.

He took his pouch/bag, and pulled a bag of gold out. He takes 5 away, and puts the bag back safely on his pouch/bag.

'I only have 45 gold now' He thought, sighing.

"Here we'll take one. I hope it works!"

He reaches his hand out as she hand it over...

"The secret?" He moved closer, and eagerly he waited.

The girl bit down on the gold piece. Yes it was real gold, she had been cheated more than once. Not this time, she decided to tell them the truth.

She leaned forward and whispered in the fairies ear,

"The gate keeper Ulric holds the key to what you need. Go to the palace garden."

The fairies wisteria colored wings tickled her nose and before she new it she sneezed. He went tumbling end over end. OOPS

"Sorry."

Veldron barely kept from laughing, though he did end up smirking. "Hey fairy, still alive? Or is it death by allergies?" He said jokingly.

Ulric sat in the middle of the garden. Age had bowed his back. That and a broken heart. Oh how he had loved her, but since the scandal, she had refused to come out of her house.

It had been almost 40 years since he had seen her lovely face. How could he gain her attention? He looked longingly at her portrait. Then wrapped it up and put it back in his pocket.

Were those voices he heard?

((I edited))

With the powerful sneeze, Faelin was sent flying towards a shop nearby, selling pails and buckets.

He tilted the bucket that was over his head... he then gave the woman a forced smile and answered Veldron...

"Never Better, Thanks for asking." He sarcastically said his voice low. Considering how squeaky and high his voice was.

He stood up and threw the bucket away. As he did, A man with a big low voice and a big body came saying,

"OY! That Bucket you just broke is ganna cost you 5 or your life!"

"BROKE?! It was hardly a scratch!" He answered, trying to protect what is right...

"5!" the big guy roared...

Serene threw a comforting glance at the fairy, "Let me try to settle him down a bit. We don't have time for arguments with shop-keepers." She cast an appraising view around the crowd and saw several likely candidates. This should work...

She called out loudly to the man, "Was that bucket really scratched by a fairy? Truly? Are you certain you didn't just scratch it yourself? It won't do at all if the bucket was not scratched by a fairy."

The man looked at her a little uncertainly, but nodded.

"Very well! That is just what I am looking for. Placing love charms in a bucket scratched by a fairy and leaving them to sit overnight and soak up the light of a full moon will cause the charm to gorw stronger." It was utter jibberish, but she thought it sounded somewhat reasonable. Here goes nothing... "I can pay you 15 gold pieces for that bucket!"

The man looked at her in astonishment, but before he could reply, several of thr young ladies in the crowd began clamoring.

"Fifteen! Ha! I'll give you 20!"

"Twenty! Don't believe her. She hasn't got it, but I've got 21 right here."

Serene looked at the band of travelers, "Quickly now! To the garden!"

Faelin looks to Serene as they work their way out of the gathering crowd of girls...

smart girl

"Thanks. Sorry for getting us in trouble" And without a word more, they went to the garden...

greedy pig! humans these days... they would do anything to get gold...

((No offense to all))

(don't worry bout it. It's just an rp, what you rp as doesn't reflect the person behind the character)

Veldron nodded and walked away from all the crazy ladies. charms? are all lovesick fools this gullible? But 21 gold? Lucky slimy rich harpies.

He noticed an old man in the middle of the garden. "Excuse me...sir, would you happen to know of a 'secret' garden?"

"Ah, You are looking for Ceri. I don't know if you are worthy of talking to such an auspicious nymph."

Ulric eye's the group warily. Maybe they could pull it off and get his lady love to come out of her house.

"I will open the gate, if you can get my lovely Beatrice Love to read this poem. It was given to me almost at the same time as her horrible scandal. I never got the chance to read it to her.

I'm sure if she heard the words she would come to me. If you can get her to come out of her house I will open the gate."

Hmmm.... My healing magic is very good against broken bones. I have not nearly as much skill with broken hearts. Nevertheless...

Serene broke off her musing and addressed the bent old man aloud, "We shall try, sir. Can you point us in the direction of her house? And have you, perhaps, a favor? Some token from those days before the scandal? Something to recall her mind to happier times?"

Ulric nods at the woman and hands her the worn portrait of his Love.

"We had portraits drawn of each other the week before the scandal." He pulls a ring from his pocket and continues,

"I was going to ask for her hand after the book signing, but alas, I have not seen her since. Please try to reach her. She lives in the huge mansion just a little past the castle."

Veldron mused. Grr, should have paid attention in hypnosis class.

He tilted his head as his curiosity got the better of him. "If you don't mind me asking, what was this scandal?"

Women and their sensitivities....Bad as the king...

Tashiki came upon the crowd, frowning at the sight. 'Dim-witted greedy people,' he thought, and raced toward the castle, only to find the group leaving. 'Ah! there they are!' he landed right in front of them, and shouted above the crowd, "i will give you a piece of the sword, and in return i want everything else you have." he takes out the piece of the sword.