Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

Dragon Lord Academy Finals : An RP Quest

Veldron barely restrained from rolling his eyes, though he end up smirking. "Hehe, think you caught a nice bird Jemar."

Now let's hope that grumpy old pain gets a change of heart. Or it's plan B: Throttle Ulric until he gives up.

((roflol))

There was a stirring behind the door."No really Miss Beatrice it is not a joke...

The door creaked open and an old but elegant woman peered out,

"My Ulric gave you this? Please take me to him.

Oh what a fool this old woman has been. I must see him now. Lead the way, you whipper snappers.

Don't just stand there with your yaps hanging open."

Duranna smiled in relief as she spoke. "Very well," she said. "Let us go."

They started walking back toward the garden. It was not far, and they moved as quickly as they could--and it seemed that that speed was rather fast if you had guessed simply from Beatrice's appearance. The woman was still strong--or perhaps it was simply the desire to see Ulric again that stregthened her.

All of a sudden Beatrice stopped dead in her tracks, just outside the garden entrance.What am I doing? I'm an old hag. He'll laugh at me. I'll be humiliated all over again. I've got to get out of here.

She turned on her heels to escape, when she heard Ulrics voice.

"Beatrice. Is it really you?" The hunched old man hobbled toward her. A smile beaming on his countenance and a youthful glint in his eye.

"Ulric. Is it really you?" Her cheeks flushed as she reached out her hands to his face.

"You've aged," they spoke in unison. "Bread and Butter." They laughed together and hugged away 40 years.

I usually like the idea of love, but this...? Ah well, the sooner their done, the sooner I get to graduate...

"What a happy ending! After 40 years of undying shame and waiting, they finally see each other...Cheers for true love!" He said, holding each's shoulder, and trying to wrap it up…

"NOW can we open the garden or something?" He complained, trying to end this drama.

Veldron now did roll his eyes. Alright you lovebirds. Must stop before you start rolling in the grasses. Can do that after you open the gate.

"Ahem, Sir? Our deal? The gate yes?"

Wow, even the fairy is impatient.

Serene shushed her companions, "Give them at least a moment!" she said with a smile. She pulled the ring that Ulric had given to her from her pouch.

"Sir, I believe that you will be wanting this back."

Thank goodness for the ring... I believe that in his new-found happiness he may have forgotten all about us, and the key that he promised to give us. But I will keep a hold of the ring until he remembers.

A flustered Ulric apologised profusely and headed to the secret gate at the back of the garden. With a click the gate opened, to reveal a delightful little garden. A feeling of love permeated the very air around the group, as the sweet smell of roses and jasmine drifted on the breeze. It was almost as powerful as a love charm. Jemar turned toward Veldron and their eyes met,

"What are you looking at?"

They both stepped a little further apart from each other. Jemar fidgeted with his sword.

Ulric shoved the key back into his vest pocket and said, "Be sure to complete your business with Ceri before you leave. You will not be able to get back in again."

Walking back to Beatrice he whispered in her ear.

She nodded her head to him and took his hand.

Holding up the ring, he called back to the group,

"She said yes!" The two hustled off without another wasted moment to the chapel.

Serene smiled at the quickly departing couple as she sidled up against Veldron. She wrapped one arm around his waist while absently reaching out for Jemar with her other arm.

"Come on, then. Let's see what Ceri can do to help us with this ah... whatever it is we're here for..."

"At least they have a happy ending, I suppose," Duranna said as she followed Serene and the others into the garden. "I hope we do... We need that next piece of the sword."

The light headed group heads into the garden and follows the maze looking for Ceri. They find her hovering amongst the roses.

"Oh good. You made it here. I trust you got Beatrice and Ulric together since he opened the gate. His heart has been lonely for far too long."

She gestured and a piece of glistening clear paper appeared in the air before her. She seemed to be writing on it but they saw no quill nor ink on the page.

When she finished she folded the now invisible page and handed it to Duranna.

"If you promise to deliver this to my sister Ishtar in Shaenlir I will give you what you seek."

Tashiki, now weary of what he had just seen and encountered, stranded across shallow water in hopes of escaping. Seeing a canoe, he fled in it to a distat land, where the beasts here were easy enough to defeat without tiring himself out. He sat by the river and slept, as one of the boys stopped reading and headed toward the nearby village.

Veldron still tried to shift away from Jemar. Dang it, what the heck? Though he does look good for a swordsman.. Oh my gods, bad warlock! Think about girls! But those are nice muscles. Breasts!

This type of inner monologue went on until they met Ceri. ...GREAT ANOTHER quest.

Duranna reached for the seemingly empty air next to Ceri's hand. She grasped the page and found it to be much heavier than could be expected--not surprising, considering its invisibility. "Of course we'll deliver it... Ishtar in Shaenlir. I understand." She paused before continuing. "Er... I was told we would not be able to come back inside... So you would not know when we got the letter to her...?"

"I will know" Ceri responded."If you do not deliver the letter...karma will take care of the rest."

She reached behind her wings and brought forth a beautiful night blooming cyrus. As it opened they were overcome by the scent and watched in awe as it turned into the second piece of the sword. The piece of blade was smooth as glass and glistened in the light. The letters were of an ancient script and were a golden color that seemed to glow and flow as the piece was turned.

She held it out to Duranna."Keep it safe, my dear."

Duranna nodded. "I will. Thank you." She accepted the piece and turned to her companions. "Come... We go to Shaenlir."

Fine with me. Maybe once I get out of this city, I can stop staring at his- Veldron mentally whacked himself.

"So, which direction is Shaenlir?"

I can't believe the king made us travel with someone who whacks himself out of the blue. Is he for real? Or maybe he is just mentally disabled... Either way, I must keep the distance...

Faelin moves away from Veldron. Veldron notices and looks to him confused, Faelin smiles at him and continues backing away.

"Did we get the sword thingy? I'm a bit confused... Or maybe I slept on it... " He said, trying to cover his lack of attention.

He looks left then to the right to catch anyone who would answer it.

((Sorry, I didn't know where this went...))

Veldron spoke up,"I've been there before. It lies to the west. There is a mountain pass we must travel. I'm glad we have our blizzard scrolls. There are fierce wolves in the area that are more powerful than you would imagine."

As they left the secret garden, the overwhelming feeling to hug Veldron faded. Jemar breathed a sigh of relief. That could have been embarrassing.

There was a clamour coming from the city. Sounds of gaiety filled the air. The main street through town was filled with people. All congratulating the newly weds. Ulric and Beatrice were toasting each other on the balcony of the restaurant, as the crowd cheered on from below. Jemar winked at the couple and made a path with his sword through the throng so the group could exit the city.

(umm...jemar right? veldron's with the staff, i think, not sword. anywho)

as they left, veldron thought of something. "You know, ceri said she'll give us what we seek after this quest. so does that mean she has another piece? Or is she's just 'paying' us before we actually delivered the letter?"

((sorry mistype, my brain is still fuzzy from the fair))

"I think that's what she meant by karma taking over. If we don't deliver the letter fate might conspire against us." Jemar felt a shiver.

"It's best to not tempt fate. Nymphs are quite talented at making you regret deceiving them."

Tashiki woke up with a start. For some reason, he felt cool, clear water running through him. He sat up, fully healed, and in a waterfall. He sat up, wondering what could have happened. He walked across the grass, thinking. As he reached the next village, he remembered the the incident in Candar and went inside a nearby inn.

The group had been heading Northwest for the better part of the evening. They decided to retreat to a sheltered alcove amongst the thinning trees. Then set about getting a fire going to ward off the beasts and cook some meager dinner.

He then asks the person inside for something to eat, then finds out it's actually in the store, and goes in there instead. He buys 1 of every food item in there, then notices no egg, milk, or peaches. He turns at the lady, who smiles and says, "Sorry that's all we got," and pays for the food, going outside to eat.

((So are we on the White Pass yet? Or just before it?))

Duranna sighed as she ate. "Have you noticed it's been getting a lot colder as we've gone on? And it smells like snow... I don't like it. Ice and fire do not go well together."