Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Axel Moonsong

The importance of technology in the daily life...

Lots of older people (or people in general) don't get with tech because they don't get how to use it. So they stick with something they understand.

But if they get it, they'll embrace it as well. I mean, I see old people with cellphones way more complicated than my old dinosaur phone. >.>

@KTC: wow, I've never actually seen older people having "complicated" phones. Maybe because they don't think they need it? Also, I believe language is a barrier for people to use technology. Not being a native English speaker might make them change their minds about technology, even if they wanted to learn.

But they can learn if they want to and if they could find a real reason to do so. My uncle, for instance is in Canada and his 80-years old father learnt how to send emails w/o knowing English just to communicate with his son. My cousin taught him that and I respect him very much for not wrinkling his nose at his grandfather's request, like many 14-years old nowadays would do.

Never? I see it all the time here. They got the newest iPhone and everything. I even saw some with top notch MP3 players like the iPod. And I've seen quite a few with them eReaders.

As I said, people are generally wary of something they don't understand. But if you understand the tech, it's not scary and you can see if it might benefit you in anyway.

Heck, I'm using ancient tech compared to some of the old guys I see on the bus with them iphones/ereaders/ipods. XD

Well, at everyone, my teachers are quite old and still enjoy using technology to teach, because it makes it more interesting to the students. And yes, it's very true, old people really enjoy using gadgets as long as they are taught how to. There's nothing new about that.

@d_a I have said quite much about the people owning expensive stuff and not knowing how to use them entirely. XD

@Skyler: Oh yes. I love it when somebody just gets an expensive something without having researched its functionality, features and whatnot, and bought it just because it's new and expensive. And then, you tell them "Have you used the ____ app?" and they are like "O....h..!"