Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
theAdept_Rogue

Phobias

Horribad necropost. Or not.

Anywho, I think there was a time when I was afraid of sleeping, but not dreaming itself. For some reason, this 'lucky charm' that I've made in art class that I've put under my pillow gave me awesome dreams, then it gradually grew worse. Worse as in I had a 3-day straight of nightmares involving beheaded dads and ancient Chinese torture (don't ask). I threw the goddarn thing away and everything went back to normal.

'bout my 'current' phobia...

PainOfGivingBirthPhobia: Name says it all. Ain't bothered to find the goddarn name.

Edited to remove profanity, even minor words aren't allowed.

~Mopiece

Ok so, I don't have like phobias phobias (except for one). It's true that I do feel unconfortable around some stuffs like insects (entomophobia) and the like. But the thing I hate the most is blood HEMOPHOBIA. It's due to some serious injuries that I had in my past. I think it started when I was seven (that's 11 years ago) when I stepped in a shard. After that I tried to stop the bleeding but I couldn't and when I saw my hands covered in blood I just lost it. I cut my leg so badly that I couldn't walk for weeks. And then, three years ago I nearly died (because of cancer) and I went through some serious surgery and, obviously lost a great amount of blood. Since then I just can't stand the smell. It's not like fainting or anything (I wish); I just get a bit sick and I keep remembering my hands covered in blood. It's stupid actually.

Katsaridaphobia-Fear of cockraches.

ugh, I just can't stand those ugly, brown little pests. I am not scared of spiders, lizards or even snakes( I once caught one) but cockroaches make me scared.

Cynophobia- Yup, I am scared of dogs. Mostly Bulldogs and German shepherds and Doberman breeds 'cuz there just scary. And stray dogs too, cuz I was bitten once, and the shots were painful.

other small, cute breeds don't creep me out that much. But I sill like puppies anyway. :)

@Emma: That must have been really painful. I'm kind of scared of severe pain, even though the most I have ever felt was probably from Constipation. Yes, Constipation.

I've never ripped my leg open or broken my spine, but it was still painful.

There's this big trapdoor on the stage in my school hall that we use for plays sometimes. And when someone opens it, I get scared that it's going to fall on someone's fingers, especially mine.

It's not really a fear, though.

Thantophobia maybe. I'm afraid of death coming to me. And i'm afraid with escalators too, especially going down to another floor with it. And i'm afraid with cockroaches too.. (Forget the last. I think it's not a phobia)

Well if you're really scared of cockroaches then I think it could be a phobia. For the elevator... Have you tried talking to someone while you're in the elevator. If you're having a bit of fun then you might forget beig afraid. I'm getting a bit sick in the elevators because I feel as if my stomach is running arround:D

Oh, well. Thanks for the suggestion, Emma. I've tried it, once. But, I always feel like my heart beats fast when I'm in escalators.. Anyway, escalator-phobia doesn't exist, right? :P

well, yeah, maybe.

my mother always says that i only have a trauma with it since i every almost fall from escalators, but i don't think so. it's just more scary than she thinks.

Well, fear is fueled by you thinking how horrible it is when you are standing on them. Try not to think about it. This is how I ovrcame my fear of the dark. I was so afraid that something was out there that I used to sleep with the lights on. But then, one day I just sat alone in the dark and thought to myself "well, you're a real bummer! There is nothing there!!!" and then bit by bit I stopped being afraid.

No you're not. Everybody has fears. My sister was so teriifieed of spiders that she'll scream for minutes when she sees spiders. Sometimes she just stood there paralysed. It's bad... I hate spiders but I'm not that afraid of them.

Some would say that if you face it then you won't be afraid. That may work with little spiders, but not the big ones (or deadly). I don't know how you could overcome you fear of spiders... But if my sister can, so can you. She is no loger THAT afraid of spiders, so... maybe you could stop being afraid of them too.

i don't have any "regular" phobia's.

but almost EVERYONE at my school has one of the WORST QUALITIES like Sexist, Homophoob or bully, so i dislike almost everone at my school, and EACH OF THEM HAVE A PHOBIA FOR MOUSES-RATS

Sexism or bully isn't a phobia, and for most of society homophobia isn't one either. Those are just people who don't like certain groups. It's not that they fear a certain group, they just don't like the group.

I have quite a few. Most of them are logical if you know my medical history.

1. Iatrophobia- fear of doctors

2. Nosocomephobia- fear of hospitals

3. A generalized fear of falling

To a lesser extent

Fear of escalators

The first two can be really bad, as in panic attack, hyperventilating, passing out bad.

I definitely have your fear number 3; I freak out if there's even the smallest risk of me falling. I also have arachnophobia, and it sucks :(

There are a lot of people who have arachnophobia. It's not that bad... (I mean it depends on which continent you live) - in Europe, for example there are not so many poisonous spiders (I think).

As for hospitals and doctors... Well you'd think that after I nearly died,I would be so afraid of doctors and hospitals that I would never set foot in a hospital again. And I was afraid for a while but then... I suppose I just got used to it.

I guess I'm disgusted by spiders more than in afraid of them, but every time I see one I have to get as far away as possible. And it doesn't help that my school is crawling with them (I have no idea why). I guess I have a combination of arachnophobia, disgust, and hatred that turns into me running from spiders and squealing. Kind of embarrassing.

I had a lot of surgeries done when I was a baby. The smell of the antiseptics set me off because my mind associates the smell with pain and hurting and not being able to use my arms. I've tried to get professional help, but nothing worked. The fear of falling is from worrying about falling, breaking something, and having to get another surgery to correct the broken something.

I don't like spiders either.

I have a fear of fire. I even had a nightmare not long ago about this fear.

In my dream I was going to put a piece of wood into our woodstove. When I opened the door a chunk of burnt wood fell out. For some reason in my dream my husband had stacked corn still in the shucks next to the woodstove. These were dried out ears of corn. The chunk of hot, burnt wood fell onto this pile of corn...most of you know how fast dried corn shucks catch fire. The fire caught very fast and spread to the whole pile.

This is when I woke up covered in sweat because the dream seemed so real to me.

Yikes. That's freaky.

I strangely am not super afraid of death. I mean, I don't WANT to die, but I know that some say its going to happen whether I want it or not. I have no desire to unnaturally prolong my life, as some of my friends do.