Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

What do you LOVE in Aveyond and want more of?

something I also liked are puzzles, however, most puzzles in aveyond are pretty easy, i guess so everyone is able to finish them. Maybe make a part in the game that is not mandatory to finish, with a lot of puzzles, would be cool. I also consider solving problems on you way (like blowing up a rock on your path), as a puzzle.

I am not sure if this is even implemented in aveyond, but I really like chain trades, where you have to trade one item for another, and then trade that item, and so on, untill you get something really cool.

I also really liked the potion mixing idea, however, I never used it, because you could only use it in one village, and overall it was just not worth it for me. Would be re interesting if you could do something similar for armor and weapons I think, since those are durable

something I also liked are puzzles, however, most puzzles in aveyond are pretty easy, i guess so everyone is able to finish them. Maybe make a part in the game that is not mandatory to finish, with a lot of puzzles, would be cool. I also consider solving problems on you way (like blowing up a rock on your path), as a puzzle.

I am not sure if this is even implemented in aveyond, but I really like chain trades, where you have to trade one item for another, and then trade that item, and so on, untill you get something really cool.

I also really liked the potion mixing idea, however, I never used it, because you could only use it in one village, and overall it was just not wrth it for me. Would be re interesting if you could do something similar for armor and weapons I think, since those are durable

I love how Aveyond focuses heavily on the story elements, how characters come to life and start growing on you,

What I'd like to see is an Aveyond MMORPG where so many of us can interact, join forces to complete quests and such. That would be a dream come true ^_^

And how about dungeons where you have to split your party into two, switch between those parties and co-operate to overcome the traps and open the way forward?

FF8 only had this feature for the final battle.

FF10, on the other hand, allowed you to even switch party members mid-battle, which allowed you to use each of them during a single battle. However, FF10 didn't have any replacement systems - if a squadmate dies, they stay dead and aren't replaced. But with a little practice you can switch a dying member you can't heal / have few uses for, for an active one.

I think Aveyond does need limit breaks, too, but what I love in Aveyond is the cutesiness and general naive settings, where cassia leaves work wonders and most people are unassuming farmers, so it's well possible putting in more gameplay/combat features would ruin the ambiance.

I was talking about co-op party outside battle, like one party stands on a switch to make way for other party through door, that kind of thing

Something like in in line with phoenix cave in FF6 or the final dungeon in FF8

Yeah Shaz..I was replying rather late to Argoyle's post ^_^ Amanda does pull off gameplay twists well enough so that they aren't overbearing (unlike some games that are all about fighting and less so about RPGs), and AV3 games feel quite as cosy and cutesy as AV1/2.

And a Phoenix Cave code can be well possible -- Everlong (RM2K/3) had such a dungeon.

I like a lot of things about Aveyond. Here are the main things:

Fast travel

Altough the MME are really cool I still like the traveling runes better. It's simply awesome.

The mirror thingy

In Av3 GoN when you could make you characters watch themselves in the mirror (and Ulf breaks it:D)

Changing clothes

Though I agree that not being able to change the facesets of the characters when they put new clothes on is a bummer, I still like. And even though I'm not a big fan of Lydia, after Mel gets kidnaped I always change the party leader to her:D

Being able to learn spells

I love the fact that you can learn spells when a new weapon is equiped or just when you level up. Although I liked it when Lydia learned new spells from a book I didn't like it with Lars. Because you had to open up the darn book every time just to see if a new spell can be learned. I love Iya's spheres.

Having two parties

Actually I quite enjoyed having two parties that meet up in the end.

I love the side quests too cuz they keep the games more exciting and have more objectives rather than just saving the world and beating the enemies.

Also fast travel is a good one with the Speed Crystal/Winged shoes/Mirror portals :)

The characters, places, monsters, I pretty much liked everything lol.

@Esme: I know... I've seen some RPG games that don't have a journal. It's really a drag to remember everything.

BTW and off topic... Esme...You just have enough gold to join a guilt. Congrats!!! Can't wait for me to have 1000 gold to... Athough it's going to take a while...

Thanks again!

Back on topic, as far as fast walking goes, I MUCH prefer the speed crystal to the winged boots and whatnot. Why? Because you have to equip the winged boots, which means you're depriving a character of protection from poison or whatever accessory they might otherwise be wearing, while you can just turn the speed crystal on and off without taking up a valuable accessory slot.

There's the issue of the split-party. You have to remember to get the boots off whoever is leading before the Mordred battle so you can put it on Eddie in the final moments. Unless you party leader IS Eddie, that is. Or buy Quicksilver.

And if I remember correctly the earlier versions of LOT-GON only allows Mel to wear the speed boots. Once she's gone, we're stuck with the slow speed. Not sure if this is upgraded in the newer versions. I don't remember.

I want Travelling runes back too. I don't want to have to make multiple "transits" to go to the place I need to go.

As far as I know, Mel's still the only one allowed to wear the boots, but I won't swear to it.

And yeah, the travelling runes are MUCH more convenient than having to jump from MME station to station. You can also use them from a dungeon as well, so if you're real low on health and items and having trouble with monsters, you can just teleport back to a town.

That's true. As for the winged boots... Well in TDP I have a "technique" of speed walking. First I use Quicksilver untill I find the winged boots (or something) in Ashera's Toombs. Then I equip those to whoever is my party leader and use them untill Mell gets a one-way ticked to Deamon Realm. Then I give the boots to Yemite and she gives them to Mel. My other party (Ed, Te'ijal and the others) keeps on usind the quicksilver. The only bad thing is that early in the game is quite difficult to buy enough of them.

I never used the quicksilver. It just seemed too tedious to keep buying it.

Oh, forgot something else - the COMPASS. Being able to teleport to your ship was a lifesaver. I was disappointed when there wasn't something like that in TDP.