Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

What do you LOVE in Aveyond and want more of?

Dressing Up~ I thought this was fun, but I don't really want a whole bunch of options, it was just sort of a fun side thing.

Buying Houses~ This is very important to me. I like being able to sort out some personal quests, character development, etc.

Fast Travel~ The speed crystal was nice but I don't really care much.

Cooking/Crafting~ Didn't much care for this ability. Mostly it seemed liked more work.

Intelligence Agencies~ This was sort of clever, but I prefered the AV1 method where you had to complete a piece of the quest to get an item.

Shovel, Lockpick, Magic Key~ The locked chests drove me up the wall! I usually gave up on most of them.

Guilds~ I really like guilds, they are great fun.

Attraction~ I really liked this, it is fun to pair up characters for the end.

Split Party~ I prefer having my whole party together.

Goodie Caverns~ I really loved these!!!! It is so much fun to hunt around trying to find the odd cave hidden in the rock face....

Shaz, that is NOT mean. That is LOVELY. Convince Amanda to do that for AV4!!! :D

Make it like a loot event. You can get nothing, an animal biting you, or some item with the random number generator thing.

The things I really loved:

Shovel/Magic Keys/Treasure Maps - these are amazing! :D They're so much fun. I don't know why but I love digging up stuff. :P

Attraction Points - These are always great. It's always funny to see characters get mushy. :D

Fast Travel For a lazy person like me, this is perfect. :D

Dressing Up I love changing outfits. If I could change the hair color it would be even better lol. :P

Buying Houses YES! :D It's so much fun! If you can't buy houses it would also be kind of cool if you could have a secret base. :P You know, like in some random desert or jungle, there could be this unusually big rock or something like that and you need a..um...let's see...a Drill Spell(XD) to make a hole in the boulder/rock and you can go inside and make it your home. xD

Split Party This is quite good too. It's sort of like a challenge sometimes.

Oh, I also hope there's something like Moo Hatchery in AV4. Collecting eggs was awesome, especially the Bomber Bird Eggs. I wanted there to me more boarded-up caves so I could blow them up.

Outfit changes = more sprites --> outfit + hair change = a bajillion sprites, help help help!!

Although I've seen some people create a character-select generator for RMXP. I wonder if that could be implemented to make your character change clothes/hairstyle without having to create a thousand sprites...

I don't know... But we do see a few changes - in the picture/avatar/or whatever (not the hair though) when Mel was wearing he normal clothes/the red dress/(don't know if it changes when she's wearing the wedding dress)/the robe at the academy. So there are certainly changes in the picture. Not referring to sprites... If you change the clothes AND the hair then you should have a gazillion sprites... which is very troublesome...

We see sprite change, especially on Lydia and her dresses. I think there's at least 10 sprites? If we're going to be having hairstyles too, we could have 50+ sprites! That is going to be painful when you try to event that :S

While we're on the subject of dressing people up, I think it would be neat if the different outfits were involved in the story somehow. Kind of like how Rhen needs a ball gown in order to go to Lord Gavin's ball - you could do something more like that, like there could be many different places where you'd need a certain outfit in order to enter.

Yeah, that happens when Ean needs to get into the Shaenlir castle too. But I hated the fact that you had to discard it afterwards (Iya's too)...

Not really. You generally have, what, 6-8 armor per character? That could easily be done with Frankensprite. Even if it's tedious, if they're getting paid then there shouldn't be any issues.

Rather than having pointless "Oo, let's buy a dress and play Barbie Dolls with the characters!", like we did with Lydia, might as well just have the characters' clothes change when they change armor.

The only problem here would be if they do NOT like how the armor looks on the person. Then they'd have to either sacrifice power/defense to wear the clothes they think look best on the character, or suck up the fact that the armor looks horrid but gives them the power/defense they need.

True... the only thing that could fix this problem would be to be able to choose how you want your character to look like - but... that would be impossible

I think the problem here would be more of programming than an excess of sprites. If I remember right they will have to go to the extent of creating another custom menu altogether.