Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

What do you LOVE in Aveyond and want more of?

It would make more sense to have sprites for "parts" and then combine them to make the complete sprite, based on what hair colour, outfit, armor, weapon, etc you have. Kind of like Ace's character generator. Aren't there scripts out there that will do this? Not that I'm saying it should be done for Aveyond - just that it would be easier this way than creating a bajillion sprites to cater for all possibilities.

We would have no issues writing our own. I was just stating that it would be a better option than having every single possible combination as an individual sprite. I only posed it as a question because I figured if such a script already existed, it would be pretty well known (by people who were interested in such customization, which is not me) and since no-one had suggested it already, maybe it hadn't been created at all.

Oh well. Never needed such a thing so I never tried looking. I only briefly remember scripts from VX that allows player's sprite to change according to armour, but not sure if that involves gazillions of sprites too or not.

i would LOVE a battle back-up system.

what it would be:

characters(for example):Ean,Iya,Rye,Nicolas and Ava.

Ean,Iya and Rye have good defence but Nicolas got killed, what you'd do is use the Leader(Ean) and select Back-Up and you have 2 bars,one with your active party and one with nonactive party members.

You click Nicolas first and then select Ava and Nicolas would be dragged out of battle and be Replaced with Ava to fight on.This would give you a good way to switch out when an enemy is immune to normal attacks or magical attacks,AND it gives you a good reason to level up every character,not just 4.It would give a good excuse to buy spell scrolls for every character and it would give the makers an excuse to make the enemies slightly more difficult when you got 5 or more party members.This way there is easier to carry on in hard battles and would make it also a challenge,and you could make mini-game challenges like, Beat a challenge dungeon whit ONLY using Gavin.

In AV3, every character, regardless of whether or not they were in the active party, levelled up, which I'm extremely thankful for. Personally, I don't WANT to spend ages training up characters and then switching the party around to train more characters - it's better when everyone just levels up regardless of who's in the party.

And in TDP you could swap characters in battle. Not sure if you could replace a dead character, though.

honestly i would love to see a backup system i mean in aveyond 2 you would just pick the characters with the highest level or the most potential,so that easily lets you make your decicion you wont want Jack or Ava in the party or you'd only use Gavin instead of Nicolas.... what is the point of keeping a character that is not related to the main plot and you never use...-_-

So true. Like Mad Marge in Aveyond 1. I never use her but I still recruit her just for the fun of her fighting Elini and then suddenly agreeing. It's so funny.

fyi friends, it wasn't elini's husband that did the level up training, that guy is in a tower with the yellow roof. elini lives in the house with the pink and mauve roof.

other than the fantastic goodie caves, here are some (relatively) new coded features that I love:

1. main menu:

a. I can equip everybody, even those in reserve

b. I can use the skills of all heroes, not just the battlers

2. everybody can level up at the same time, fantastic - if that feature was in av1 then elini would have gotten her turn in my boss battles.

3. I love moo hatchery; when I was in tlo i was able to get all the trunks, gold bags and cat's paws in Bristlewoods West with my weak level because of the eggs

4. Dressing Up - i LOVE buying dresses for Lydia - I wished she was Stella and/or Mel instead, but i really enjoyed choosing and buying a dress from every city. also there are some dress designs that i prefer over others - i like strapless gowns over ball sleeves. It is so fun!!

5. i really loved the travelling runes and wish i had them in av2 and av3, every time i play. but i learned to make do with mme's.

6.Cooking/Crafting - i don't have any issues with mixing potions and cooking; however the crafting part is good, i like it. anything that makes my weapons and equipment powerful is welcome.

7. Intelligence Agencies - this feature is so much fun and so i love it.

8. Shovel, Lockpick, Magic Key - it is such a headache to recall where these are, but then i remembered i have ms office and notepad. i just wish that they would have more fantastic contents, not just marsh tea or cassia leaf.

9. Attraction - i like this feature, especially what Emma and Rye have to do to get married.

10. Love Triangles - to be able to choose my pairings is good.

I'd love to see some more of Aveyond's comedic qualities. But I love all of Aveyond's qualities equally. Good fights, great stories, hilarious gags (Tej'ial is a master of this in a way), Galahad escaping his wife, mischievous characters (can't forget Jack, he's GOOD at this), etc.

ATMOSPHERE

When you enter a forest (e.g. Wildwoods) you felt like you were inside a forest. I also felt the bustle in the town of Sedona and Thais (AV3 version). I was terrified during the Thornkeep scene (DP) because of the atmosphere.

MUSIC

Aaron Walz knows how to pair the music and the environment. Also, the battle BGMs really builds up the adrenaline that makes you want to fight. The music is also well chosen during the game cutscenes.

GRAPHICS

This is the reason why I got in love with Aveyond. They don't really rely on the default RTP. And their graphics have different vibes... They don't use the same tileset in another area so you can see that variation.

CHARACTER CHEMISTRY

You can feel the chemistry between the characters in the game. Rhen + Lars, Mel + Edward, Ava + Nicholas...

STORY

Save a world from a demon who wants to enslave humanity, save the world from a queen who wants to turn the whole world into eyes, prevent a dark prophecy from happening, Amaranth really knows how to make stories. They should make a novel.

There are so many things I love about Aveyond. :)

Buying Houses-

Like in Aveyond 2, And Aveyond 3 series, I want to rest for free, but the only thing I hate is it's too far 

Fast Travel- 

Like in Aveyond 1, 3. You just gonna go to the place/switch on the mirror and Volia! There you are! but sometimes if you forget to switch it on it will be a total pain

Shovel, Lockpick, Magic Key-

They really lighten up the rpg part that's all  :rolleyes:

Attraction-

They lighten up some parts of the game! It's funny how they get along you know  ^_^

Love Triangles

This is somehow made me laugh at some parts, like Mel, Edward, and Spook. cause they are also related to the attraction part, but the MAIN of the attraction part

Guilds

Because making combo of skills in battle is totally wicked!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Academies

Well they are cool like realy COOL. like in Aveyond 1 and 3. It adds up some cool storylines in the game  ;)

There are probably more things I love about Aveyond, but It's just like infinite, so I couldn't post it here  :rolleyes: