Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Justinldew

Aether, an RPG.

Synopsis

The Darkness is rising. The Deamon prince has returned, and it will take the power of the Aether to put him back to rest.

A summoner must go on a journey to rescue the six aethers, and gain their power to defeat the daemon lord, her father, along the way she is joined by a well meaning but stuffy paladin, Diane, A love struck witch, Cassidy, and a mysterious rogue with whom she shares an odd connection. She initially starts her journey with her two best friends, black and white mage siblings.

World Development:

The World of Emaris is divided into several different principalities from the City of Sand and Blood, where the gladiator arena is held, to BriarWood, the City of Witches and Outcasts. The greatest of these is the Kingdom of Alexandria, this is the only “nation”. The rest of the world is composed of villages. Aside from the dessert which is ruled by the Child Empress. To the north is a nation split by a river and constantly at war.

There was once another nation, the Centillions, but long ago they preformed some ancient magick that separated themselves from the rest of the world.

Finally there is the Nation Of Elves, protected on every side by mountains so high neither dragons nor airships can traverse them. They are currently at war with the Child Empress and have cut themselves off from the world outside their kingdom.

Our story begins in Braiden Town, a villager of summoners.

Characters:

LinaeFace.png

Linae Young- 18

Linae is the daughter of the last Summoner of Braidentown. Her greatest fear is that she won’t live up to her mother’s memory. She is a reluctant hero and only became a summoner because it runs in her blood, and duty called. Her quest for the aether leads her to discovering that it doesn’t matter who’s memory you live up to, it’s the memory’s you make. She can command the power of the spirits and later learns some basic healing spells from Henry.

WhitemageFace1.png

Henry Crosier, 18

Henry is a White mage and Velma’s older brother. He is the life long friend of Linae, and wants to live his sleepy old village and explore the world. He is collected and very studious and has a slightly bookish attitude. He has had a crush on Linae since she saved his life when they were younger. Although he would never admit it to her. He underestimates himself and grows from a timid white mage to a powerful sorcerer over the course of the game.

BMageface.png

Velma Crosier, 16.

Velma, Linae’s black mage best friend, and Henry’s little sister.

Velma is the comedian in the trio. Between Henry’s seriousness and Linae’s commitment to duty she is the one that will see the light in any situation, and crack a joke at the least appropriate time. She would much rather stay in their sleepy little village, get married, and raise a family. She understands that sometimes duty has to be put before yourself, her father taught her that when he died. Don’t underestimate this Snarky Tongued teenager though, she can command the power of the elements through her black magic.

Screenies:

OpeningScene.png

WorldMap.png

Screen3.png

Screen4.png

Screen5.png

Screen6.png

I'll be updating this forum regularly. Facebook, Twitter, and Website to follow.

Edited to Add;

Features:

Sideview Battle System by Jet

Journal by Modern Algebra

30+ side quests

2 "DLCs" that will be availible after game launch

6 "Goodie maps"

Word of advice, the maps you've shown are too blank. This will annoy and deter a lot of people's interest in playing your game.

World map: Maybe a lone tree in a couple of places

Classroom map: A plant or decoration's to make the room have more appeal.

Outside map: This one really looks too blank, add a bit more grass, some weeds or flowers, a tree stump or something to take away that blank look.

Snow map: This one is alright.

Inside house map: This one looks like it has too much space, and too much blank space. Please do something about this one, in real life you don't have gigantic rooms in a home with barely nothing in them.

Please do not take my advice as putting you down, I am just giving advice that has come to light many times. Too much space, means too much walking and if the room looks blank there's nothing interesting to look at, it will get boring really quickly.

I like Henry!

some more advice on the maps:

if you make a new map, start off with an area that you think will be too small to fit all the things that you want on it. If you find it is indeed too small, extend it afterwards

one oter thing, in the snow map, the road ends up next to the gate, it would be more logical, and, in my opinion, aesthetically pleasing if it ended up in front of the gate

nice work though! keep us updated

Yannes, thanks for the post! :D Thanks for the mapping advice. That village map and the room map were among the first I worked on and I'd like to say I've improved since then. Henry is one of my more favorite characters because he is the only one with a class change.

Right now I'm working on a swamp map and a pirate side-quest.

I hope to have everything ready for beta in January.

I've ran into a couple of snags regarding the website. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent Xoops forum module?

In the mean time the temporary forum can be found here

Sorry to everyone keeping track of this for not updating. I've been absolutely swamped with end of the semester college classes!

Right now I'm putting this on a (VERY!!!) temporary hiatus until I'm finished with end of the Semeester course work.

Sorry to everyone keeping track of this for not updating. I've been absolutely swamped with end of the semester college classes!

Right now I'm putting this on a (VERY!!!) temporary hiatus until I'm finished with end of the Semester course work.