Aveyond Studios Community
Aveyond06

Tales of the Seven Jewels (Parts I and II)

Tales of the Seven Jewels - Parts I and II

Version 0.9

Version 0.9 released!

siggie.jpg

Tales of the 7 Jewels is a free RPG set in an immersive fantasy world of knights, magic, and forgotten lore. The Crystals, forged by the Gods of this World a thousand years ago or more, are sentient beings that shed their light over the whole realm. Without the Seven Crystals, the land once soiled by bloody wars would become sterile, and life would become impossible. So the legends say.

Yet the Crystals feed on the attention and positive energy given to them. Should the Dark Side worship the Crystals more than the current world, their alliegance will shift, and their holy powers will backfire.

The never ending peace that followed their creation seems to come to an halt. Gods awaken and shatter the earth, while an hero stands and falls before the Tidal Wave that destroyed his city. While what remains of the elvish kingdom of Elvenwyyr moved into the mountains of Frostenfall, awaiting the right moment to attack the opposite kingdom of Tyria, the world darkens and slowly sinks in Darkness..

A pretendingly amnesiac, bitter, lonely mage seeking redemption and self-congruence, an outcasted woman with an illusive love, a Paladin to be crowned as the savior of his nation - and an epic adventure in a cute, chibi "faux-16-bits" time begins, as they unawarely change the ways of the world.

And this is where the Tales of the Seven Jewels begins..

DISCLAIMER - While I consider the testing phase done, you might still run across one bug or two that has escaped my mind. Please, please report it, or ask questions in this thread!

This game is suitable for people over 13 (as in no gore or adult stuff).

characters.png

Blythe Linden

Race: Human

Class: High Mage

Perk: Toughskin

Focus: Back row

Levelling: Purchase spells at skill shops

Bly'the is a High Mage, hailing from Inishmore, but having moved while a child to Elvenwyyr. He trained a good part of 'his' life in the arts of Arcane magics, and became rather amazingly an extremely potent mage. He led a small community off the main city when Leviathan, seeking an unknown dark target, destroyed the city. Before his Tsunami could ravage the whole town, Bly'the activated a spell enhancer device and casted an Ice spell, freezing the wave as it broke inside the town, but dooming the whole region under the Snow Curse. Since then, he seeks atonement and withdraws himself. He is reserved, polite, often too feminine for his own good, and while he truly has a leader's heart, usually he just withdraws from fighting.

Bly'the has good all-round stats, his MPs being often the highest around. Wields Black Arcane magic from many schools, sometimes borderlining on Warlock Arcane and White Arcane. Bly'the focuses on elemental attacks, offensive spells, and constant damage dealing.

Lilyth Hawthorne

width=300http://7jewels.webs.com//lilith.jpg[/img]

Race: Neko

Class: Sword Singer

Perk: Holy Regen

Focus: Front row

Levelling: Equip various swords; some skills gained on levelling.

Lilith is a Neko hailing from Tyria. In her younger life, she used to manage a village north of Elvenwyyr which was destroyed with the Tidal Wave. For the rest, she sought training in swordsmanship, and eventually became what is known as a mystic knight, one that can infuse magic in their swords.

She is emotive, mouthy, loud-spoken, but will handle everyone she cares about with dear respect and loyalty. She seems to be in love, however illusive it might be...

Lilith has few permanent skills and stats. Her swords dictate her spells, abilities, and stats, and at such depending on her equipment, will make a great frontline fighter, an awesome healer, or an unyielding mage. In fact, she can be used for just about anything, provided she owns the right sword. In battle her perk is Holy Regen, doubling her healing rate but not her defense.

Endrus the Paladin

width=300http://7jewels.webs.com//magus.jpg[/img]

Race: High-Elf

Class: Paladin

Perk: Mega Criticals

Focus: Front row

Levelling: Unlock spells through main and side quests.

Endrus is the high-elf ruling district 21 and the Palace since the Tidal Wave hit Elvenwyyr. Long ago, he led the last sucessful mission in the Wild Mainland, and after understanding how both worlds were incompatible, sealed it again with the power of a summoner.

Fiery and resilient, he is also quite optimistic, though this usually just hides his own doubts. At such he sometimes appear erratic, though he is deeply loyal and is always in to help a friend in need – or a whole country.

Endrus wields Holy magic and exceptionnal strength; his skills (limited healing and powerful Holy and Skill spells) are usually gained through quests and side missions.

Jehane D'elthrel

width=300http://7jewels.webs.com//mephala.jpg[/img]

Class: Healer

Perk: Chemist's Luck

Focus: Back row

Levelling: Purchase spells at skill shops

Jehane hails from Elvenwyyr, yet she is no elf. A most devoted healer, and another love interest of Bly'the, though they parted with the Tidal Wave obliterating the city. Excellent at concealing her feelings, extremely reserved, caring and intelligent, a little bit of stress or pressure nonetheless leads her to act on her heart's whims, leading her in rather awkward situations. Her knowledge and honesty still make her what many would call a true friend.

Jehane wields the mace, staff and loads of Holy magic; she rather focuses on the field of Healing (White Arcane). As a tactician, she buffs the party and inflicts stat changing curses on her enemies. Her spells can be bought all around the world. Her perk, Chemist's Luck, double the potency of all items she uses.

Nyda the Breather

width=300http://7jewels.webs.com/nyda2.jpg[/img]

Race: Elf

Class: Breather

Perk: Two-Hander

Focus: Middle row

Levelling: Complete challenges at shrines

Nyda is a Breather, chief of the Knight order of Elona. He valiantly fought alongside Endrus in the Wild Mainland during their last expedition. Sometimes a bit arrogant and over-confident, he remains devoted to his people and to maintaining the Crystals, and keeps a firm point to helping the needy and ill-favored, especially after another God destroyed the northern towns of his kingdom. He Is wise and speaks carefully, though his posh and prides often get the best out of him.

Nyda follows the path of the Dragons, and breathes the elements in most of his spells. His physical attacks remain fearsome. He earns his spells in battling keepers scattered around the world, mainly in the wild mainland. His perk allows him to wield a weapon instead of a shield, effectively making him wield two weapons.

Meredith the Ranger

width=300http://7jewels.webs.com/meredith2.jpg[/img]

Race: Elf

Class: Ranger of the Wastes

Perk: Two-Hander Focus: Middle row

Levelling: Equip various weapons.

Meredith is a member of the Mountainers, a group of, well..mountaineers. Her father was killed before her eyes in the hills separating Elona from Avilion, and she helped fund the order in the sole purpose of stopping bandits. With the War upcoming, the goal of the Mountainers and her life took a change, to unveil what truly awoke gods one after another; her mission became to protect Bly'the from Garoth's strikes, in order for him to strike the final blow against the fallen king.

In battle, Meredith uses bows. She learns her skills by equipping each weapon for a set period of time; however levelling eventually teaches her the skills she needs to have. Her perk, Awareness, makes her impervious to stuns and blinds. Meredith is especially skilled in dashing good damage to flying enemies, and where Jehane cripples her enemies with stat alienating magics, Meredith uses status ailments to the fullest.

Galena Delmore

width=300http://7jewels.webs.com//helinor.jpg[/img]

Class: Witch

Perk: None Focus: Back row

Levelling: No levelling, this character is temporary

Galena Delmore is a kind-hearted witch living in the town of Rosewind. She was, at some point, a healer; however an event shattered her life and since then she resorted to evil, warlock magics.She is affectionate, selfless, and meek, not quite what people pictures witches to be like.

In battle, Galena is a vicious fighter, able to drain life and mana to sustain herself, cast off powerful Fire and Dark spells, poison or blind her enemies or even kill them instantly. As a temporary character, Galena has no battle perks.

features.png

200+ maps to explore and counting

Six playable characters (and more temporary additions), each with their own spell sets, training style and roles

Various ways to train up characters, from skill grids to quest-earned spells to weapon-based character building

Impressive world map; each area is zoomed in and each continent has its own, highly detailed map

Journal to log all primary and secondary quests

Vastly reworked buffing list and spell progression

10 sidequests in Parts I and II

Highly worked-out lore

download.png

Main website : http://7jewels.webs.com

Download : Here!

credits.png

Graphics : Lynoa06, Enterbrain, PinedaVX (some charsets), Usui Moo (faces), Aindra (windowskin)

Soundtrack : Adam Frechette, Bjorn Lynne, Enterbrain (sound effects), Nobuo Uematsu (from Final Fantasy), Russel Shaw, Yuki Hajiura

Scripting : Lynoa06, Kylock, Modern_Algebra, Monos, Synthesis, Waratana

Game and Level Designer : Lynoa06

If there is any resources I might have ripped or used and wish either credits or removal, please contact me.

I hope you enjoy! :D

How do i advance the story for the diamond mine quest- i have done both the rat tail and shipment quests but cannot advance the storyline- i cannot find my way through the boulders in Nebelberg not can i get from the Midway Inn - what do i do to advance this story and is there any walkthrough available to help- many thanks

same here, got stuck at same point :( the game is nice but unfortunately i'm stuck

also it moves terribly slow in towns. and the maps from website aren't quite the same as in game. at least not the elvenwyyr one

Merged post. Use your edit button and don't double post.

~Mopiece

I'm taking it down for debugging, but my busy college life prevents me from working as fast as I want (when you spend DAYS making stories up and fall asleep as soon as you're done you tend to leave other writing stuff aside).

Sorry, will try to work on it asap.

Sounds interesting, Aunt. Lilyth-chan looks really kawaii ^.^ But her face looks TOO young for 22. :P Btw, I can't download the game. This:

ERROR: File not found. (e029a7af)

appeared as soon as I clicked the download link V.V

Aveyond06 wrote:

I'm taking it down for debugging, but my busy college life prevents me from working as fast as I want...

Sorry, will try to work on it asap.

Guess we'll just have to wait until it is re-uploaded.

I've reworked the game a bit and a new version should come soon ^^

As for people being blocked by boulders. CHECK YOUR DIARY. Seriously, it tells you where to go...in your case, advancing the main story by going to the Diamond Mine. :]

In the meanwhile, enjoy the updated maps of the so far playable area :) I'm currently fixing many typos and trying to make the game clearer, and also finding a GOOD host -.-

width=300http://imageshack.us/a/img600/9214/elvenwyyr.png[/img]

width=300http://imageshack.us/a/img221/3825/avillion.png[/img]

I'm so sorry, but I'm still very busy with my studies and everything.

A possible solution may be to have someone fix and arrange the game if they wish (and be credited for it).

Until then, and at least until June, I am far too busy to even touch it. :(

New Download Link! Here : Download! You need to make a free account there. This is a temporary solution while I find a better host, which is why it's not yet in the Download section. You can also just wait a few days till I get this sorted :)

You just need to run the .exe file inside and it will unpack the game, after that just find the unpacked folder and start the game.

There might still be bugs. I managed, however, to go from the beginning to the end without any problems, so I dearly hope there is nothing bad. If there -is- something bad, please tell me, and I'll fix it asap.

If you can't open the menu, please let me know. I have put in a fix which should work, though.

If you're stuck at the beginning when Lilyth asks you to fetch her sword : you need to go back to the Crystal Spire you came from. In the water there's a sparkling thing. That's where the sword is, take it and bring it back.

If you're stuck after being let on the world map and at any point after : check your diary. It's in your inventory. It will always tell you where to go, or at least give you hints as you progress through the game.

Since I've been going back to RPG Maker XP for the sequel, don't worry about using items and all. the RMXP game will begin 'anew'.

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to get the game and am currently playing it. It looks good so far and all I did was play the intro. As I get further into the game I will let you know more what I think about it. Thank you for getting it put back up.

Download link!

This link should be final and the host is reliable, therefore you shouldn't have problems downloading from there! ^_^

The game itself went through a small overhaul of its intro, but nothing terribly bad either. I suggest you try the latter link still as it's the "official" game version. :)

NOTE : Redownload if you have problems with missing RTPS.

Does anyone know how to advance the plot in the Diamond Cave? I am stuck as I cant get in because of the boulder and characters standing in front of it. The Dairy says to go to the Diamond mines but I cant find it.

Look on the map above. :)

The diamond cave is tucked within the starter mountains, it's even got a little pink crystal next to it.

Perhaps you can upload a screenshot or give me the name of the location you're into (it's in your menu)? There is a mountain pass you have to cross later in the game, but which is blocked for now.

Hi,

I did go inside the cave next to the pink crystal and the area is called the Diamond Cave. My Dairy says to Leave Elvenywrr for the Diamond Mine and I cant find that place anywhere. Even inside the Diamond Cave. Where is it located?

... Okay people, post screens so I know what you're talking about.

I've been testing the early game countless times and it's working...So I really think the diary's misleading you or something.