Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kleptin

OPEN RP! EVEN THE AUDIENCE PLAYS!

A'lya was thrown off balance and unprepared for what happened next. Though she recovered quickly from the shock of the spinning and the lights. It was very similar to traveling through the portal between her village and the world of men. To do that they had to step into the old oak just outside of town, and we knew what was coming. She felt a pang of sympathy for the catbreeds, the trick was to relax, and they instinctively struggled. Almost instantly we were in another realm. A'lya breathed in the beauty of the place. The perfume of the myriad flowers was intoxicating. Then she caught sight of a nymph and the mirror pool. Her interest lay riveted there and what might happen next.

2414405633_5df855335c_o.png

I walked up to the bar to refill my waterskin. While I was waiting for it to be refilled I busied myself by watching and listening to the others going on the quest. The barkeep handed me back my waterskin and I heard Amusa saying, "dimension near Scorpio...."

Woosh! Taken offguard I was cast into nothingness, spinning and turning... first upside down, then sideways, then rightside up and then tumbling around again. I tried pulling myself into a ball to no avail. And within an instant I was rightside up and standing in an olive green marble pavilion.

In the center was a set of shallow steps down to a circular pool of sapphire water. Seated on a marble bench near the reflecting surface was a water spirit, a nymph. She was unclothed; only her dark, aqua-streaked hair surrounded her.

I admonished myself, "Faelyn, you need to pay closer attention, you don't need surprises like this!" Since Amusa was leading this quest I turned to her and paid special attention to what she was doing.

{ROFLMAO}

Seeing images in the mirror pool, Avalyn squinted her eyes suspiciously and took a small, cautious step toward it to get a better look. She subtly released a single claw on her index finger, just in case.

However, what she saw in the visions was not scary or threatening at all-- all she saw was some nutjob babbling about a narrator and wasting his energy on a little square that read "submit" (whatever that was supposed to be) of all things. Freak of nature, she thought to herself, but knew well enough not to say it out loud. However, she was not wise enough to hold her tongue for a few more seconds.

"This is the blue mage we're all looking for?" Avalyn asked skeptically with her eyes wide and one eyebrow raised, looking directly at Amusa.

"This Rorrim lives in a strange world. Did any of you recognise the unfamiliar place he was in?"

I glance at the others for some sign that they had seen anything to give a clue to where we would find Rorrim.

"It almost seemed as though he was stuck in some kind of transportal world on the other side of the mirror pool."

2414405633_5df855335c_o.png

I moved to take a closer look at the pool and thought my eyes deceived me. The Blue Mage, Rorrim, inside the pool reflecting back to me. I thought to myself, if we ever catch up to him, I'll ring his neck.

A couple of questers saw him also. I had heard of other dimensions, there was always talk about them. The journey here was as close to it as I've ever gotten. I was curious to hear what the others had to say.

amusassgq7.pngAmusa 4th wall genie

Amusa sees Rorrim in the gleaming Pool of Farsight, a brief distance behind her in post #24, and begins cooing in a very silly singsong tone "Rorrim, oh Rorrim! Where have you been, I'm down here in post #30!! and as he continues to look upward, rather than down, reading the post above him, mainly because the posts below including this one had not been written yet, she squirms frustratedly.

"That sleepy head! He is sooo absent minded."

The Spirit of Future Dreams sitting beside the shining Pool of Farsight suddenly speaks, her long hair flowing around her as she answers, tiny bubbles drifting upwards from out of her mouth following each word, "Yes, your Blue Mage is almost forgotten, and may be in great danger."

"Danger?" Amusa inquires, quite puzzled. "From what? Tieing his own shoes and tripping on them?"

"No, wild genie, from his narrator, Kleptin the Thief, also known as the Black Dagger. A most dangerous author to be in control of one's fate.."

The Water Spirit's eyes glistened, reflecting the scenes in the pool.

"I refuse to believe that Rorrim the Blue Mage cannot handle some youngster typing on a keyboard!" Amusa snickers, "I, myself won't put up with any nonsense, at most I will fake my own horrible demise, just to make my RP writer miserably guilty for being so careless as to allow me to be destroyed, then I romp off on a long vacation, or go shopping. However, Rorrim appears to be in the Forum!" she giggles at the rhyme, "the Amaranthia forum contains several dimensions, including this one....I wonder which one Kleptin is keeping him in?"

Rorrim awakened from his slumber, interrupted by the chattering of the "directors" as he calls them. He casts his glance upwards to read the "directions" left while he was asleep.

"Ah, so they're watching me from afar. They must have nothing better to do."

"That ugly cat monster! How dare it criticize the wonder that is Rorrim The Blue Mage? Just come hither, cat monster, and I shall give you a swording you shall never forget! I'll use your gut to string violins!"

He began swinging "Azure" around furiously, slipping on a banana peel and falling flat on the floor. He got up, threw the banana peel away and continued reading.

"Wring my neck? You just try you little twerp. "Azure" will make quick work of you".

"AH-HA! The genie! It's been a long time genie. You see, I'm not quite sure where I am. All I know is, I was in a forest fighting bandits one day, then I lost consciousness...as I fell, it seemed that there was some cloaked figure standing above me, holding a dagger of some sort...

I guess he must have put me here..."

Rorrim looked around him. He was in an expanse of white, with nothing but a trash can beside him. Within the trash can were several hundred banana peels, all of which he slipped on and promptly threw away.

Yuu, open her eyes slowly, it's hard to believe she's been sleeping all this time and miss something. A little bit confused with the area

She walked to the crowed and look at the shining pool. A human there--she guess--were shouting at Azure.

"Whew, damn!Who is this man? Are this the mage we looking for? What are he doing there then?"

she ask to the crowded but no one seems notice her. So she just take a deep breathe and watch what going on later.

amusassug5.pngAmusa 4th wall genie

"Yes, ladies and Vendipoo, this is Rorrim the Blue Mage." Amusa sighs fondly, watching him slip elegantly on one hundred bananas, falling on his rear quite gracefully, and toss them away casually like some kind of continous instant replay.

She surveys the spellbound gathering of eager adventurers. "He is destined to be a great hero!" she enthuses, then adds,"because I said so, but he must get a new hat!"

"Hmmm, he seems to be standing in front of a blank page, or perhaps he is covering a post, RORRIM!! Darling, please move a little to one side so I can read, ummm, I mean, see where you are....I will join you as soon as I can figure out where Kleppy imprisoned you."

"Klep is a notorious tormentor of RP characters!", she whispers in a very loud stage whisper, winking broadly at everyone. "But what is even worse, he could just leave our brave Blue Mage dangling on a completely blank post indefinitely, to be eternally forgotten, a most ignomious fate worse than death!!"

((@Anna: Yup, by the way, I am Love.;) ))

Celia opens her eyes, she has been transferred, and that was the first time, as in her world, she never got through that experiment, so she was glad that was over....but who knows what is waiting for her in the future?

She heard well as Amusa said that that was Rorrim the Blue Mage, and that he is in great danger from the Black Dagger, Kleptin.

Avalyn continued to stare into the images as Amusa spoke to Rorrim. She tried to think of ways that she could help, but that was over once he insulted her.

"Monster? I beg to differ," she muttered more to herself than to anyone else, crossing her arms haughtily and swaying her tail. Once he tripped on a banana peel, however, she smirked and decided to ignore the idiot's comments and get back to the quest.

After listening to the speeches, Avalyn blinked, slowly and deliberately, as if to corrobate what she was seeing and hearing. Roleplay forums? Keyboards? Post #30? That freak becoming a hero? All oddities that could not be imagined occuring in this dimension. She was completely and utterly lost, but that was nothing new as of the past twenty minutes or so, so she accepted it.

So Rorrim... the blue mage... was stuck... in a post... on a roleplay forum... in one of the dimensions of a kingdom called Amaranthia... being controlled by Kleption, also called as the black dagger... who is a youngster with a keyboard.

She attempted to follow this and looked to Amusa for further explanation as to where this Rorrim was.

"Well, what I have to say is this thing were confusing me! Why Kleption want that mage to be forgoten after all, it has to be something he don't want from the mage right?"

Yuu suddenly ask, with a confused face.

"I have to agree with Yuu, this all is confusing", Celia said as she waved her hand in a confused way."Unless Rorrim has something that Kleptin wants?"

Fuoco jolted out of her reverie in the Tavern. She looked around wide-eyed, grinning and ready to take on adventure!

She loped out of her seat, only to see the Tavern was empty. She groaned as she realized she must've woken too late, they were already gone.

She made her way back to her seat, banging the table for a drink. Then she realized there was no one to get her one.

She slunk upstairs to sleep, waiting to be awoken by the returning of the other customers.

"Anyway! I've notice that we've lost somebody in our group! I think I remember that there's one more member here that haven't appears after all this time! is there somebody who noticed it? Or it just me?" Fuu suddenly ask to the genie after she look at everyone around her.

"in post #13

Amusa mention that Celia, Faelyn Ellyn, Fucco et Aqua, A’lya, and Avalyn Amour. I know you Celia, Faelyn, A'lya and of course Avalyn, but who is this Fucco et Aqua? I never know her before!" Yuu ask with a weird face, it's look like she had forgoten all thing in this world, look dumb of course.

width=300http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5766/amusassxq1.png[/img]Amusa 4th wall genie

"Oh my goodness, I forgot Fu! Yuu, and Fu, it's sooo confusing....just a second, you all wait here, keep and eye on Rorrim, and I'll be right back!"

The bouncy genie vanishes in the blink of an eye to fetch the stray party member. She appears in the Tavern, and flouncing over to Fu she says,

"I'm sorry dear, I missed you when the rest of us left, come on sweetie, let's go!" whirling them both back into the Jinn Vortex that flows between dimensions, they return to join the others with no warning, arriving in typical genie style, as if out of nowhere.

"Well, that's solved." Amusa says smugly. "If we can't find out exactly where our beloved Blue Mage is being held captive, I can return us to where I lost him originally. Kleptin may not have taken him very far, after all, and that's as good a place as any to start." She glances at the still blue water and the image of Rorrim in front of a blank expanse of white, shaking her head. "He could be anywhere, Amaranthia has links to almost every dimension imaginable! We are in for quite a hunt, for sure." She tosses her ponytail impatiently. "Shall we go?"

Vendius waddled by with a few scrolls and unrolled one of them on a flat rock.

"A few of my informers have told me that Kleptin, after having vanished from the land, traveled Eastward into the shadowlands. There, he stayed for several months. Soon after, we started receiving reports of activity in towns nearby, but there has been no information about him since."

Vendius pointed to a part of the map

"Here are the shadowlands. It seems that after Kleptin's visit to the shadowlands, magic use in and around that area has been sporadic at best. I believe that Kleptin may have done something in that area that is beginning to render magic useless."

Vendius unwrapped another scroll

"Here is a document from the High Order of Mages. It details the disappearance of an artifact from their vault. After extensive study, they could not conclude what it was for, and did not apply too much security to it. It was stolen several weeks before kleptin was sighted on his way East"

Vendius cleared his throat

"I have reason to believe that Kleptin is somehow using this artifact to counter magic. I believe it has some connection with Rorrim's disappearance as well. I am not quite sure what, but there is most definitely a connection."

Vendius rolls up his scrolls again and packs them away

"Our answer lies East, in the shadowlands".

Well then, let us be on our way. We will have to move quickly if we want to catch up to him.

"Amusa, will the magic spasms have any effect on your traveling abilities?"

amusassda1.pngAmusa 4th wall genie

“Ummm, if there is no magic, I might just cease to exist!” Amusa replies to A’lya, “This is just like Kleptin, his reputation is full of tales of his ruthlessness.”

She turns to the Spirit of Future Dreams and inquires “What should we do?”

The lovely ethereal Water Nymph gazes wisely at the puzzled genie, sliding the tips her fingers through the ends of her flowing hair. “I can give you advice, Child of the Jinn, but you must return the favor. Each of you will need to accomplish a certain task, or answer a question for me in order to succeed at your quest. I know the results already, but frequently require confirmation of my visions, it is so isolated here that I seldom get a chance to check my predictions to be sure they are real. I’ll provide clues in the form of riddles, just to be sure you return with the true answers, instead of simply telling me what I think I will hear.”

The Spirit turns her eyes to Yunna Godhath saying, “Brave Knight Yuu, your task is a physical one, you must return to me bringing the Heart of a Dragon that cannot be slain.”

Then she indicates Faelyn Elyn, giving her another mission, “Merchant Faelyn, you must seek out the oldest remaining virgin in Rorrim the Blue Mage’s native dimension, and discover her one true wish”…..the sapphire pool ripples, erasing Rorrim’s image and replacing it with that of a very young girl, probably 10 or 12 years of age, who is wearing a circlet of gold and playing with a large teddy bear…. “and return to me able to recite the Virgin’s Wish.”

“For you, wise A’lya the Elf, obtain a Thief’s Promise, and be certain it is kept….when you succeed, return to tell me the tale.”

“My dear feline Celia Duncan, please discover the Price of Laughter, and acquire the means to pay it, you will need this knowledge to obtain your goal. When you have won, purchase it and bring it to me.”

“And lovely sleek Avalyn Amour, make a Friend of an Enemy to assist on your quest, and tell me the name of the one you brefriended.

“The graceful Fuocco Et Aqua, you should learn the Fire Dance upon Water, and perform it on the enchanted pool before you, to entertain me upon your return.”

“Silly young Genie, you must SURVIVE. You and Rorrim the Blue Mage are at great risk from the loss of magic that the Black Dagger now has the power to inflict upon you both. You are a magical creature, and the effects of a complete loss of such power on you is unknown at this time.”

“Experienced Vendious, you will need a Dimension Compass on your travels with the fair genie, once you find one, use it when required, then bring it to me once your journey is over.”

The Nymph’s eyes closed for an instant, before she continued, “There will be at least one other joining your adventure very soon, and perhaps others to follow. Their part in the quest will be revealed to them individually, as they arrive….it is very important to prevent Kleptin the Black Dagger from inhibiting the rightful use of magic, much depends on your party’s success. Farewell for now, and good fortune.”

Avalyn stood in silence as the other party members discussed their dilemmas, completely lost and oblivious as to what was going on. She nodded and inserted a few words every now and then, but she knew she wasn't being very useful to the group.

Once Vendius began to explain where they would be heading and what potential dangers they would face, Avalyn returned her full attention to the quest once more. Upon learning that magical creatures were in the greatest danger, she felt a surge of relief run through her. She was fairly safe. At the worst, she would no longer be able to poison her enemies, but the bottom line was that she was a cat-- not a fairy or a a genie or anyone who relied on magic.

Hearing each task, Avalyn was almost disappointed when she was given her own. The other adventurers had been given difficult, obscure quests, while her own was simple. How hard could it be to make a friend? Promising herself that she would pass her own test with flying colors while helping the others with theirs, Avalyn stood tall and smiled boldly.

"A'lya is right. We must move quickly if we hope to succeed in the important tasks that lie ahead of us. Shall we go?"